Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fifty Years' War (FFT RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damen had his earlier doubts of the plan, and though his sister was on board for the earlier part, Ruby was starting to get a bit skeptical herself, completely uncertain of how to go about with this. Indeed, Imos made a valid point that taking things off of bodies, and moving the corpses were fine, but... actually doing things to them even after they're deceased. Damen began to wonder if Piero has lost his mind, or underneath that calm exterior, here was a darker intent behind him; call him somewhat paranoid, but Wiegraf warned him that within the hearts of men, there can be evil that makes even the monsters seem tame. He didn't have a lack of trust in Piero, they fought alongside each other for a while and he has even tended to his wound from the knight back at the marsh.

"You can't be serious, Piero... It's just not right; even if they are Ordallians, their corpses deserve some respect. By doing this, you understand you'll be tarnishing Ivalice's honor and commitment to its current war style; even the great wizard and one of Ivalice's heroes, Elidibus, wouldn't commit to such an act, even if his dark magic is feared by many. Even though he was said to be slain in an Ordallian trap without a trace, he still had honor when it came to using his combative magic against the Ordallians when he was around." His gut feeling was right, that he had a bad feeling about this, and... honestly, the fact he actually heard about the sorcerer was something entirely. Damen heard about the reports on Elidibus, how he was about to make his way to the southern country of Romandallia to request assistance to Ivalice in this war, only to be caught up in naval warfare that ended in what was believed in his demise in the ship he rode passage on exploding. No trace of him was found; no robe fabrics, hat... no corpse, believing that the explosion completely vaporized him. He was the first hero to be slain by enemy hands, and at the time of it happening, it not only caused the war to shift against Ivalice, Romandallia allied itself to Ordallia instead, though its role on the war wasn't nearly as significant.

Ruby considered Damen's words as well, and she took up her passage of magic partially because of Elidibus's influence on Ivalice and the many victories he brought upon the battlefield. Though he was considered cruel by many, feared even, he still had honor, and his magic as well as summoning capabilities were second to none, to be felled as he was happened to be a considerable loss for Ivalice at the time. Her disability also influenced it, but overall, she hoped she would become not only a great spellcaster, but also a top summoner when the time came down to it. "Lord brother..." She looked between her brother and Piero... She seemed rather uncertain of what to do herself now; she wanted to trust Damen, but at the same time, she didn't want any opposing Ordallians to flee either.

"I have just one more thing to add, Piero... Suppose no Ordallians show up, and instead, our own arrive... how would that make us look in their eyes, to see us perform this... ritual, you have in mind? To see the defiled corpses, the incantations and the layout... Some of us enlisted to Ivalice's military by choice, to seek great pride and honor to our families. Others, conscripted without a choice to bear in mind... Our group, mostly from my eyes, seem to be here for our own reasons, not because we were necessarily forced. If we commit in doing this, we'd be effectively branding ourselves as disgraces to Ivalice; just because we know its an act, doesn't mean they would see it that way should they arrive, and have you calculated the possible things they could do to us for doing this sort of thing, the punishments we could endure... Perhaps there's some other way to go about doing this?" Damen's words weren't meant to be hard or rough, or anything; like his father, Damen was observant, and though he only recently came to think about this, he was considering every possible scenario. The worst that could possibly happen to them would be execution, as even though the corpses belonged to Ordallians, they shouldn't be used as tools for something even more sinister, even if it's but an act. "We shouldn't tarnish St. Ajora's name, just for the sake of trying to capture Ordallians into a trap... I know what I said about capturing a commander from that side, but how things ended up and looking to be... If doing an act means defiling corpses, and tarnish what I know and believe, I'm going to step out. I don't want this to become a habit where it becomes my only method to get things done." Damen knew he was turning his back on the others, but he was going by his teachings, his understandings and beliefs... he walked away, every step he took leaving an imprint in the wasteland's sandy surface.

Alex sighed, and shook her head, “You got to be careful with that vocabulary, Piero. Not all of us has the benefit of that sort of book learning. He just means we got to make it look good. Real, or some such.” She placed handed over the gathered arrow shafts.

Still, Lydalia frowned. She already hadn’t liked the plan, and hearing more dissent from the rest of the group empowered her to speak out, “Perhaps it is already too real. There is no glory in a battle won by such distasteful means.”

Alex snickered, “No, I’m sure an honorable death is far more preferable.”

“There is no greater sacrifice we can make for Ivalice than to die for it,” Lydialia insisted.

“Well, maybe I ain’t looking to die without exhausting all the other options first. Come on you guys. You really think us three minor mages could actually summon the dead or some such? Think Damon, use that fancy learning the rest of us couldn’t afford. It takes most of us two tries to get a fire spell off. You think we gonna actually raise the dead?”

“That’s quite enough,” Lydalia snapped, staring daggers at Alex. Still, Damon turned to leave, having made up his mind already.

“Oh, so sorry milady,” Alex snapped back, giving a fake bow in turn, “I forget you nobles know so much better’n us. Where shall I Sacrifice myself for your family’s great glory?” Lydalia huffed in anger, deciding instead to chase after Damon. They were going to have to keep the group together if there was any hope of survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom