Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fifty Year War (FFT Prologue) OOC

Dark_Fire27

Super-Earth
So, I did some randomizing, and the turn order is as follows; myself, xanaphia, Alura, and Corsair. If anyone else joins in the RP, they are asked to post after Corsair, and that will become the new order with newer players posting last. In any event, any questions one may have are to come here, and explanations will be given accordingly. To start, our situation; how all of them get to meet. Because of Alura's unique character background, I will ask that she perhaps is discovered in battle, simply as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Otherwise, I'm thinking the gathering could be at Fort Besselat, where the training of the apprentices come to a close, with Alura's character follows them from the outskirts.

Just a reminder, the following is the map of the overworld of Ivalice, and we're starting fairly close to the middle, thereabouts. Now, as for the first fight, I'm thinking the ones who trained our characters will participate, if only to ensure our survival, so I ask that you will control the one you serve accordingly as well as your own. I understand, it might be a little tricky to control multiple characters, but in any event, it's after the first fight that they'll head off on their own missions, leaving the apprentices to do as they wish. And from there, we can discuss where to go. I know it's my RP, but are any questions. or possible suggestions, maybe?

latest

I was hoping for a Holy Knight class, similar to Agrias or Meliadoul. Would that replace my squire? Would I start off as a "holy squire" and then have that replaced as Holy Knight later in the game? For now I will progress towards Samurai, which is more of a pain in the ass that I remembered.

Starting off with a "tutorial/training" battle sounds good to me, and I have no problem controlling my mentor alongside my character.

Off topic, but I started a new game this afternoon and one of my starting group member was a female scorpio squire with 69 Brave and 71 Faith named Cinderella. She is now my favorite character ever.

Here is a clickable map that opens to the full version:
[img=300x225]http://i.imgur.com/8eL0051.jpg[/img]

Well, I see no reason not to, if my class is to evolve during the story. If you do take the route, you are limited to Judgment Blade/Stasis Sword as a Holy Squire ability, though you do get the other Fundamentals as well, like Stone, Rush, Salve, etc. But yes, Samurai classes are hard to obtain, as well as their speedy counterpart, Ninjas. Mimes are notoriously hard, but since the introduction of the Dark Knight in War of the Lions, well... I mean, seriously. 20 field kills, mastered Black Mage and Knight classes, and level 8 classes for a few other classes... It's rough. Though, you get a sort of Gaffgarion character with some added skills and abilities that is unique, so... Is it worth the trouble? If you have the patience, yes.

But, yeah, I just thought that the commanders would express why they have taken that role they have. I already have it lines up what classes the training battle will have on the rivaling side.

The class I had for Damen was supposed to be based on the Red Mage class, in the sense it can use harmful and beneficial magic, while still able to fight with a sword, but... I tried to make it my own, making it more focal on physical attacks and improving them, than simply being a jack of all trades, master of none. Of course, the ability to use staves as well as the sword makes it so his enchantments yield a better effect, if only slightly, than swords would. The Rune Sword would be Damen's staple weapon, when we get that far. It may not be the strongest weapon, but it boosts magic as well as physical attacks, which would be useful for his class, yet his only equipment change after changing to a Red Knight is that he will gain the ability to wear armor, but he wouldn't be able to equip Knight Swords, like Save the Queen, Ragnarok, Excalibur, etc, despite being a knight.

Didn't Dark Knight essentially get the same skills as Orlandu? I don't have my PSP game anymore, so I can't check.

I definitely got that impression that you were going for a Red Mage/ Rune Knight type job. Your class sort of reminds me of the Spell Fencer from Bravely Default, with has my second favorite job system ever. I have always been a fan of jobs that combine both melee and magical elements.

Orlandeau was the super knight that learned all sword skills; Holy Knight, Fell Knight and Divine Knight, and started with the Knight Sword, Excalibur. Effectively he can use Shadowblade (Night Sword in PS1 game) alongside skills like Shellbust Stab (Crush Armor in the PS1) and Judgment Blade (Stasis Sword in PS1). Gaffgarion's class changed from Dark Knight to Fell Knight, to accommodate the added classes of Onion Knight and Dark Knight in War of the Lions. And Gaffgarion only knew two abilities; Shadowblade and Duskblade. The Dark Knight class have similar, yet different-named abilities that are slightly weaker in comparison, and have two special attacks that cost own HP to deal more damage (Kind of like Cecil's 'Darkness' attack when he was a Dark Knight), and a regular ability that just has amplified damage over a normal attack. They also have the missing movement ability that the Dancer/Bard can't learn. Female Dark Knights can learn Move +3 (Bard exclusive) while males learn Jump +3 (Dancer exclusive).

Sometimes, though, I swear I can be a bit of a dork at times when I say these things; knowing all these things and all. XD But, yeah. I got the Samurai job; in WotL, it requires a level 4 Knight, level 5 monk, and a level 2 dragoon (one level lower with knight and monk for PS1 version, making it easier.) Also, the samurai is a prerequisite for becoming a Dark Knight, one of the classes needed to reach level 8. When Damen does become a Red Knight, he will gain access to only one skill that passed on to him from Wiegraf, and that is Northswain's Strike, or Crush Punch. Damen's version is weaker than his standard attack, yet the chance to instant KO foes is present, at a slightly lower rate because he is not a Holy/White Knight.

Interesting that you picked Folmarv as Lydalia's knight, considering his role in the main game and all. I am curious to know what you have planned for that, but feel free to discuss this through PM, if you desire so.

Hoesntly, I was discussing this rp with some friends alst night, and we were all trying to remember the plot, and the general consensus was that it was convoluted as fuck. So, there is the War of the Lions, to decide the succession of the throne between Princess Ovelia and Prince Orinus, who may or may not be the King's child. There there is the church's plot to grab power during the struggle, supposedly on the grounds of helping the common folk. From there I can't quite remember if they (the church and the templars) are tricked into releasing the Lucavi back into the world, or just mistakenly believe it will bring back St Ajora who will lead them to victory.

If my understanding of the timeline is correct, Folmov isn't corrupted by the Lucavi yet, though it isn't exactly clear when he becomes corrupted by them. It might be interesting for that to come about during this rp, as Ivalice struggles to repel the Ordallian invaders.

I was actually contemplating that myself; I even considered that Damen would come across the Cancer Auracite and be its original bearer at a much later point. But, something compels him to hide it, something telling him that something so rare, yet something that little could be understood about it, shouldn't fall in the hands of Ordallia. Then finds a once disabled Construct 7, a robot from the days of St. Ajora, on the island where the Nelveska Temple resides. Seeing how it operates and activated with the stone, and how powerful it is under its influence, maybe Damen orders Construct 7 to eliminate humans other than the ones he's traveling with that step close to the Nelveska Temple. It would stay consistent to the story of Final Fantasy Tactics as well, as that is how Ramza found the Cancer stone, and the Constructs do not take orders from anyone other than the one who activates them. That, and the Construct fights alongside monster companions as well, as the order had nothing to do with eliminating them. This would probably be later in the story though; how long Damen holds the stone for, and whether the power within will be called upon or not, we'll just have to see; I'm not spoiling anything!

I honestly forgot the plot myself; that, or I didn't understand it at first, then after checking Folmarv's profile on the Wiki page, I kind of understood, and why I was compelled to ask what I did.

Since Alura will be found during the fight, should I go ahead and post now? Or shoukd I maintain posting order and wait for her?

I would like to keep to the order, but... alright, go ahead Corsair. Sorry for the delay. I should've thought this more thorough, maybe it would've been best that Alura went last, considering her circumstances and station, really. But, same rule applies; anyone joins will post after the end of the line, and here, it would be Alura.

Post up! I hope everyone enjoys my dissertation on the philosophy of being a Calculator Magus. And the irreverent Mistress Avilia, who is already developing a history and personality in my head.

And yes, Pierro is going to be a little obsessed with math. It's hard to avoid, when you're trying to become a Calculator.

I think you made a minor error with whom she was addressing, Corsair; Cortrova is Damen, an apprentice. Wiegraf is his knight that I think you meant that she was addressing. XD But, yes, I understand what you're getting at, no concerns there.

Looks like you will be after Alura, Celebrate.

I was thinking, what if our characters got a new job skill after each battle we completed? It would be a bit faster than the pace of the game, but seeing as we probably aren't going to be grinding, it would be a way of having our characters grow and progress.

That will work, yes. Grinding may have been the thing for Tactics, but this is an RP; gradual development as the story goes on.

Dark, Why don't you post a current turn order, since I know Ban left and Alura was considering leaving, so we all know where we stand. Unless we can possibly discuss going out of order, maybe setting up some rules to make it fair.

ban left? that's a shame... and if Alura is out of the picture too, that would make it my post, i think...

I actually meant to, but it kind of slipped my mind with everything happening on my end. But, for a current post order, it goes like this...

Dark_Fire27
Xanaphia
TheCorsair
Alura--x--Uneii
Cerabrate
SilverKnight (Once his profile is updated)
Newjoinerhere1
Newjoinerhere2

And so forth, though as I said, I'm trying to limit how many people we have taking part.

That's what I said, yes; I was just using that as an example of how the system works.

Well, now we're at the point of waiting for him to post, really. It could take a while, or may happen sooner than later; we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom