Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fifty Year War (FFT Prologue)

Dark_Fire27

Super-Earth
Before the War of the Lions, which had made the one Delita hero to bring an end to the war, there was another that raged between Ivalice and another kingdom to the east, Ordallia. The rulers of the respective kingdoms, King Denamda II of Ivalice, and King Devanne III of Ordallia watched and commanded their armies with an iron fist, with neither desiring to give in to the other. The armies of the Northern Sky, Sothern Sky and Eastern Sky would make their hold on the wars for the side of Ivalice, while Ordallia would rally its own, singular army with that of another continent close, with Romanda. Brilliant tacticians commanded factions in the order, most noteworthy of these are Barbaneth Beoulve, whom was a commander of the Northern Sky, Cidolfus Orlandeau was commander of the Southern Sky, and Goffard Gaffgarion commanded the Eastern Sky. Of all the groups, the Northern Sky was far more diverse in their numbers, with some more well-recognized warriors in their ranks, which include Wiegraf Folles and Gustav Margriff.

The dying years of the war had the numbers of the Orders dwindle down, and it seemed that the war may result in Ivalice coming to a loss. In order to prevent this, many knight apprentices were brought out of their training earlier than expected, and were to fight alongside those who were training them. Many of these squires were once humble farmers, artists, merchants, and many lower-end jobs, not so much as fighters, but even then, they were able to think outside the box. Their stories are lesser known, but have been discovered after a long time. One such squad, that consisted of these talented apprentices of all the Orders of Ivalice, banded together and fought as a team against the rivaling armies. As well as their role, and fate, that day when the treaty was presented to Ordallia...

---------------------------------------------------

So, that is the general story concept; this takes place before the events of Final Fantasy Tactics unfold, so Ramza is not our main protagonist. The squad can consist of upwards to 7 others, myself included, but a bare minimum to get it going is 4 to start. I am open to others joining mid-RP, but only up to the maximum amount, since in Tactics, characters joined as the story progressed, either through defection, or under attack from a bandit group or what have you.

Now, here is a list of rules to go by if you are to partake...

1. No Metagaming/Godmodding! Nobody likes people who hit and dodge 100% of the time, and I know there are skills that provide those boons, I won't permit them here. Play fair, be a good sport, and we can avoid drama.

2. Start simple! As I said in the story, the squad members are all apprentices; even though they are talented among their peers, they are still either a squire or chemist out of the gate. The squire can be modified, if only SLIGHTLY, to make your own class, but they must include the basic Fundamentals, anyways.

3. Follow the order! To keep a sense of order in this, I will set up a turn order, determined with pulling names out of hats.

4. Mostly story RP. This RP is meant to be mostly story, though considering the site that Blue Moon is, under certain circumstances, I might allow relationships between characters to develop. Try not to get out of hand; the super lovey-dovey scenes with a lot of kinks should be taken to IM/PMs, though vanilla scenes, or ones that have a purpose in story development may be allowed with my permission.

5. Have fun! Clearly, I shouldn't have to go into explanation with this one! XD

Before I make the actual RP and character sheet, I just want to see what kind of attention this gets. Remember, only 6 others may join, tops, but 3 is required to get this off the ground.

I find this interesting but sadly, FFT is one of the FFs I know the least.

I didn't grow up with a playstation so I grew up with the much lighthearted Final Fantasy Advance game and A2 for Ds rather than this which setting is vastly different.

Still pretty good.

A character profile page has been made in the Character Profiles section; be sure to fill in your profile accordingly; if you need assistance, feel free to ask for anything you may be lost on.

Wait... Final Fantasy Tactics? That most perfect of all Final Fantasy ganes? Oh hell yes, I'm interested! Just give me a day or so to put a character together!

Let's see... what was the quickest path to Calculator again..?

I am about to start up a new game this weekend, and refresh myself. Timw to dust off my ps3 and or psp.

Ah, Corsair, you expanded on my character sheet! I should've thought of giving my character a bit of a projected path of some kind also for character development, as well as his equipment to start things off. Also forgot about Bravery/Faith levels, on top of Zodiac signs! XD May as well go back and edit!

okay, so, can you join if you have reasonably good knowledge of final fantasy's lore but not as great in FFT? i kinda only ever played the old gba version.

Cerebrate said:
okay, so, can you join if you have reasonably good knowledge of final fantasy's lore but not as great in FFT? i kinda only ever played the old gba version.

Admittedly, We are working through the plot of the original game and how it affects our plot for the rp, so extensive knowledge of FFT might not be necessary. I've been supplementing what I remember with trips the the wiki. That said, FFTA is very different from FFT. Only the base mechanics remain similar. FFT was more or less limited to humans. FFT's plot was darker and more mature, dealing with political intrigue and demonic deception and possession.

After playing World of Final Fantasy I'm pretty hyped to have an actual FF rp here I tried to start one but no one knew what fire emlem was...

can't wait for XV x3

hmm, quick link to the wiki you are using for this? if i work off the same reference i shouldn't mess up too badly... i think.

Sweet Lucavi... FFT is my favorite game ever, I literally just started a new play through like three weeks ago for shits and giggles and now I see this biz! I want in, but I realize it's started. So uh....Mayhaps when the plot allows I can join in as a new character.

I certainly won't mind; just got to keep the order that we have going on, really, so you would go after Ban the Game as soon as you make your character sheet in the appropriate page.

I'm thinking of pulling out from this; I never really liked Tactics that much and I can't keep up with all these big posters..I'll just weigh everyone down..

Sorry to see you go, but do what you need to.

On an unrelated note, how do we want to handle leveling up? Gain a new job level every three fights in that job, perhaps?

Leveling up every 3 fights isn't a bad system, would certainly be consistent and easy to keep track of. The other idea I had was to have a linear growth system, where your current level is how many battle you need to level. For example, at level 1 it takes one battle, at level 2 it takes two. Through level 4 it is faster tham every three battles, same at level 5 and slower after. It would be truer to the games, but more work to keep track of.

Well, perhaps we can keep track of our character's job level by using our character sheets, and just add, 'Job Training' and then the job, and the level we're currently at in that job. I honestly like xanaphia's idea of how to go about doing it, with the level progression being based on the level itself, and the number of fights to go through to reach the next level. But, regardless, after every fight, you are able to learn one job skill, as long as it isn't too much. I.E a level 2 Black Mage learning Flare, when they should learn another elemental spell of the basic-most level.

Back
Top Bottom