Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dad's new wife.

Space

Super-Earth
Danni twirled her fingers in her hair as she walked down the hallway, book in hand, her soft bare feet padding along the wood flooring of the home. She always liked to walk around the house barefooted, it felt better having the feeling of the world under your feet you felt secure there.

She could hear the tv on in the living room, poking her head in she could see her father sitting there, the same sad look on his face that had been there for weeks. Sure she missed mom too, but losing the love of your life must be really heartbreaking.

She moved into the kitchen whipping up a quick roast beef sandwich for him, he hadn't been eating much lately and she was having to do most things for him, making sure he was up ready for work or at least to get up and do something.

Carrying the sand which into the living room as well as a ham sandwich for her she sat down next to him nudging his side. " Daddy...have some lunch.. I made your favourite" she smiled sweetly up at him.

"Sweetie thank you and I be okay I mean "he said as he take the sandwich. Sure he has been depressed but losing his wife in auto accident do to drunk driver. He had been driving when they were tboned by the other car causing them to flip several times over. He had survived but had been in a coma for a week but his wife Rachel wasn't lucky she was DOA on the scene. "Listen I am fine just need to work though this,"he says as didn't want to live anymore but he had to for their daughter welfare. His job understood he needed time to deal with the lose plus deal with recovering from accident then again he was Manager for his job at the Tech company he worked for and they were okay with the extra time needed.

It broke Danni's heart to see her father so dejected and down, she really didn't know what to do. She couldn't be with him all of the time and she didn't want him doing something stupid like hurting himself. She wrapped her arms around him kissing his cheek " I miss her too dad, but you need to do something to take your mind of it...you've been sitting in the same spot for weeks, I hardly know where you end and the couch begins. Why don't you go to the gym Tomorow or something? Get your body moving you might feel better" she suggested rubbing his back gently.

Back
Top Bottom