Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Stem the Tide of War :|: BD~Haru :|:

Amaranthae knew that her friend could certainly take care of herself. She still worried though, "If you're sure.. just stay in the Monastery until they've left town," she insisted. Then Ama and Esme were hugging, about to part ways for who knew how long. Ama smiled warmly with the invitation to the monastery when it was possible for her and Draavek.

But it was time to go, they needed to get out of there before the pirates returned with a vengeance. She ignored any gazes that Draavek drew. Once they were inside Ama's home, to which it was all ready small, but with Draavek inside of it, it seemed even smaller, she started moving about as quickly as possible, grabbing a bag large enough to carry her essentials, but small enough to carry.

She was quiet for most of it, focusing more on the items she knew she, or they, would need at any given time. It wasn't until her bag was almost full that she looked over at him, "Are you all right, Draavek? For sure?" She asked him, wanting to know if he'd been injured and just hadn't told her.

Draavek watched the two friends part ways and he wished it didn't have to be this way. He was ripping Ama away from the life she knew, forcing her to come with him. Ok, maybe that pat was not quite true. He wasn't forcing her. She was a grown woman and made her own decisions, but if he'd not have gotten caught in the first place then none of this would be happening.

The wolf didn't relax until they got to Ama's home, where he kept an eye out through the curtains, unsure if they'd been followed. For all he knew the pirates were laying in wait for them somewhere. Ama's voice startled him a little and he gave her a soft smile. "I'm fine. A little spooked and worried, but not harmed in any way except for perhaps my pride." he admitted. Eyeing her bag he asked, "You ready?"

Once they were both prepared Draavek stopped her before they left. "I don't know if we should try to get an airship. They'll be looking for that. Perhaps a regular ship or even a horse for you. Maybe head across the bay to Cyniweiryth, and grab more things there. I'd like to get my weapons back, but probably easier to buy new ones. Claws and fangs will have to do until then."

Once they'd decided on a plan they were off.

She gave him a small smile when he mentioned his pride being the only real thing that was probably injured. Then she nodded at his question as she pushed her arms through the straps of her pack, settling it in place on her shoulders, "That sounds like a plan to me," she told him, "Including new weapons. I'm not willing to have you anywhere near them again right now. Maybe one day, but certainly not right now," she told him. She definitely didn't want to go through that again, not anytime soon anyways. The fear, and the feeling of fight or flight was still too fresh for her. The fear, actually, she was still going through. They weren't in the clear yet, and she didn't think either of them would relax until they were well away from the danger that Grumpsh and his men represented.

Passage to Cyniweiryth was easy enough, and the regular traffic that crossed the huge stone bridge was easy for them to blend into, even with Draavek in his wolf for, A thick cloak did much to hide him, and the presence of a 'fera, though unusual, did not warrant a search. Especially since it was obvious that he had no weapons. The city of Cyniweiryth was much like Reyksalar, and they were known as the Twin Cities. Grumpsh and his men were sure to be about, at least for a little while, but though they were allowed in Reyksalar, Cyniweiryth was not so kind to them. It would be a good place for Draavek and Ama to hide and regroup.

Once inside the city, Draavek relaxed andturned to Ama. "The first thing we need to do is gather some coin. It will help us buy supplies, weapons. I doubt Grumpsh will pursue us for long, but I know he'll hol a grudge. In the meantime, the easiest way to get money is to find employment. You up for a little adventure? I hear that the Bracer Guild is looking for new recruits."

The Bracer Guild was a well known Guild made up of all kinds of people with all kinds of skills. From warriors of all stripes, to thieves and rogues, even those that wielded magic. Bracers were known to take all kinds of jobs, though most were of benefit to the communities around them; finding and defeating monsters, gathering rare and valuable items, treasure hunting... the Bracers did it all.

Like Draavek, Ama relaxed once they were inside the city and she realized just how exhausted she was. The trek was easy, yes, but with her nerves on edge constantly, she was feeling more than a little worn out.

Hearing him she nodded, "We should probably do that first. Apply I mean," she agreed, "Though I would give anything to be able to lay down for a little bit," she added with a wry smile.

Back
Top Bottom