Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Stem the Tide of War :|: BD~Haru :|:

Haruchai

As you wish.
Harrow, a world as diverse as the races and species that populate it. The human empire is ever expanding, encroaching now even on the ancestral lands of the elves and dwarves. Tensions are high across much of Harrow. At the same time the world is seeing prosperity unlike any other time in history. With the discovery of magicite, humans and other races are now able to compete with the elder races not only with magic but in technology as well. The elves now hide where they can while human cities pop up all over Sylvanyr. The dwarves' own homeland of Gnyr Shalorn is seeing human cities being built as well, though the immense mountain range is still a bastion of dwarven might and heritage. As always, the Pneumafera stay upon their immense flying islands. Rather, most of them do. A few elect to depart those lands and make their way to the mainland below. Finding work is not terribly hard, and though many regard them with suspicion, many also see the benefit to hiring one of the 'fera.

So it was that Draavek found himself in such a situation. The wolf found employment easy enough, some businessmen valuing the speed, strength and instinct he brought with him as a guardsman. Still others trusted Draavek with their shipments entirely, giving the 'fera small but valuable cargo that he could carry on his person. Medicines and various other things for the most part. That was how he found himself in the situation he was in now. A valuable lot of medicinal herbs, dried and packed carefully in his pack, had been discovered by one of the few "road patrols". The herb had been collected deep in Ydalir Forest in Valgaard. Taken west to Nyrath, Draavek had met with the supplier and herbalist there, intent on traveling south along the river. The final destination was supposed to be Reyksalar, but along the small river road he'd been intercepted.

The road patrols were really nothing more than bandits, some of them truly troopers of the growing empire, but more often than not simply thieves looking to make some quick cash. Draavek could have slain them, but then, that was a sure way to draw his own death warrant. Most viewed the 'fera as little more than animals and would take any opportunity they could to put one down. And likely never even get scolded for it. Surrender had not been his desire, but his chances to escape became more slim as they called in reinforcements. Now thy were headed to Reyksalar by airship, Draavek now bound with runed irons that forced him into a more manageable human form. He had little choice in the matter, and felt uncomfortable in the human skin, but he could only hope his lot would improve once they reached the city.

Reyksalar was a port city, both for sea-going vessels and for airships. Sitting at the mouth of the Straight of Turgai, it is just across the river from the elven kingdom of Sylvanyr as well. Known as a peaceable city, it has kept its neutrality and welcomes all races. The airship that Draavek now finds himself on is an older model, a dirigible type of ship, with a huge white air-filled balloon keeping aloft a sailing sort of ship. It was serviceable sort of ship but quickly falling out of fashion. One did what one must though, and by now Daarvek had caught sight of the Captain of the vessel once or twice. An older half-orc by the name of Grumpsh, he seemed to lean more toward orc than human, but who was Daarvek to question? He'd had very limited interaction with the orcish being, and had kept his head down, waiting and looking for an escape. All he knew was that it had been fortuitous that they'd headed to Reyksalar, and Draavek knew he was supposed to deliver the product to one of the well known apothecaries. Now if he could just get free somehow..

Grumpsh called out as Reyksalar came into sight and soon the crew was bustling and getting ready to come into port. Lines were thrown and soon the ship was coming to a halt.

"What about this one?" a crewman asked, jerking a thumb toward Draavek.

Grumpsh rubbed his chin. "Ain't nobody gonna miss 'im. Take 'im down t'ol' Nym's place. I bet 'e c'n think of a use f'r one o' dem. Prolly put 'im in the Pits."

Draavek's eyes narrowed at that. The Pits were an underground fighting arena, where his kind were highly prized. They were completely illegal of course, but that wouldn't stop them from making some good coin off him. On the other hand they'd have to prove he was a pneumafera and that would require them removing the shackles. He just had to wait for the right moment...

Soon he was led off the ship and down the gangplank to the airdocks. They'd wrapped him in a hooded cloak, clasped it and led him along the wooden walkways. He hardly even drew a look, which was an odd feeling since just about everywhere he went people would stare. Of course that was when he was eight feet tall and covered in fur. This form was just barely over six feet in height and human, so it only got a glance or two. Draavek realized how hungry he was as they walked into one of the bazaars just off the docks, the area full of the smells of food, which was underscored by the smell of the city itself. Still, the spiced foods made his mouth water and it seemed he wasn't the only one as their small group approached a vendor selling various meats. Draavek's mouth began to water, and he could only hope that they might be merciful and buy him something.

Little did he know that across the way there was a rather fetching red-headed half elf. One that worked for the apothecary that Grumpsh and his men would be bringing the wares he was supposed to be delivering. The small apothecary stand was not the mainstay of the business, but instead offered a few healing droughts and various ingredients to brew home remedies. Alchemy was a niche market, to be sure, but sometimes a good old-fashioned remedy was what was needed and got rid of some of the worst maladies easier than even magic.

Amaranthae Qinsys had been going through a rather slow, and boring, day. She probably would have gone home a few hours ago if it weren't for the fact that she was waiting for that delivery. She was a bit familiar with Draavek, if only because he'd made deliveries more than a few times before, and she always looked forward to seeing him. She admitted there was an attraction toward him, at least on her part. She'd seen him in both of his forms, human when he was in the city, wolf when they were outside of the city looking for various items that could only be found around there, or was easier. He was good for the protection, but also for the conversation. But she had no idea if he was interested, after all.. she wasn't 'fera.

But at that moment, she was growing a bit worried. With Daavrek having made deliveries before, she knew he was never late. Not without good reason anyway.

So it was with confusion, and a growing concern when she saw these others come in with the very items that Daavrek was to bring. She gave them a sweet smile as they came toward her, "How can I help you?" She asked, hoping she was wrong about what they were carrying.

Grumpsh was actually quite proud of himself as he disembarked after his men, the satchel that the pneumafera had been carrying tucked safely under his arm. The men had taken off, though the ones with the captured 'fera did not get too far out of sight. Grumpsh wanted to be there when they sold him, sure to fetch a pretty coin for the wolf. The sign of the apothecary caught the eyes of the half-orc, a lotus blossom, and he headed that way. The half-elf tending the small stand greeted him and the half-orc smiled - a strange sort of look with his tusks.

"G'day lass. I foun' sumpthin' 'ere that I think ye might be int'rested in." he said, and opened the satchel to reveal the package wraped in wax paper, and he set that small bundle on the counter.

It would be familiar to Ama, the package one that had been delivered several times before, but always by Draavek. Not that this was the exact same package, but it was similar enough.

"'Ow much ya give me f'r it?" Grumpsh asked. He'd gotten it for free, so anything at all was a nice little profit. Running into that 'fera was going to be a windfall.

Amaranthae kept the smile on her face as the half-orc spoke. She felt it almost fade when she saw what he pulled out. She recognized it as Draavek's work. She knew at that moment that something happened. But what? "Certainly looks like something I'd be interested in," she commented, "Where did you obtain it?" She then asked. At this point, she could only hope that Draavek was all right, but was also expecting to find him dead somewhere. She was also hoping to be able to discern an answer from the half-orc before her. Whom was attempting to pass Draavek's packaged items as his own and sell it. Thief.

She was already getting the coin ready to pay for the package, planning on following him, if only because hoped she'd see what had become of someone she considered a friend.

The half-orc lifted one heavy brow. "What'sit matt'r where I got it? I got it an' ye c'n buy it or I c'n take it sumwhere else." he growled, knowing he could fetch a pretty price for it about anywhere. "I'll e'en cut th'price in 'alf f'r an hour or two wit' ye. Whatcha say girl?" Grumpsh said, his eyes moving lecherously over her form. He licked his lips, and his dark eyes met her own. The half-orc seemed to be serious. Still, he seemed to sense that she was waiting for something and he finally answered her question. "Found a wildlin', out in the forest. 'E was dyin' an' said t'take this package. That's all."

Wildling. A word used to describe the pneumafera, but often considered an insult. LIke they were not civilized. Coming from a half-orc it was a bit laughable. It could be true, but even the way the half-orc dressed screamed that he was a thief, a pirate, a cutthroat.

From across the way Draavek watched the exchange. Wanting to call out to Ama, but knowing that to do so would end at least one of their lives.

"It doesn't, I'm just curious," she replied. Then Amaranthae lifted a single eyebrow, her blue eyes turned into ice as the half-orc continued to speak, first with the proposition (as if she would!), then with what he was saying about Draavek.

No.. no, no, no.. It isn't true.. I just know it isn't! She thought to herself. She gave the half-orc the full asking price for the packages, "I thank you for the delivery, good sir," she told him simply. Then she waited for him to leave as she started marking the inventory and putting it away. It was when she thought he wouldn't be turning to come back that she watched where he went, and realized, with great relief, that Draavek was there. Shackled and in human form, but he was there, and alive. She barely saw him, but it was enough for her to identify him. She knew where he was going to be taken now, it was the only place a captive 'fera would be taken. Still, she wasn't entirely certain and she certainly was not willing to bet everything on Draavek's life.

So it was with that in mind that she was stayed put for a few moments, watching them from the corner of her eyes to see when they left and what direction they went. When she was sure they were far enough ahead of her, she would quickly grab a few items, her hooded jacket included, and left to follow them after informing the other person in the apothecary that she was leaving for the day.

The leering grin of the half-orc spoke just as much as his words, and he gladly took the coin she'd counted out. Ama soon followed and just as she exited the small shop a friend of hers practically ran into her. Esme was an old friend, and a bit of an odd one at times. She was shorter than Ama, standing at about five-foot-five and her hair was cut and shaved, colored and her skin was appointed with tattoos. Where Ama appeared soft and obviously feminine, except fr her breasts, which were quite nice, Esme's physique was toned and muscular - evidence of her time spent meditating and honing her art. She was a fighter, there was no doubt about it, and she fought with fists and feet, elbows and knees. She was no beauty, at least not by the classical standard, but it seemed she was never hurting for suitors, or at least those tat wanted to warm her bed. Esme was rather particular though, and conversation between her and Ama had often turned to Draavek.

So when she bumped into Ama just outside the shop she was already smiling. "Greetings this fine day Ama! Did your stud make his delivery yet?" she asked, obviously teasing but referring to the pneumafera.

She was relieved to see Esme, even if she had been startled when getting bumped into by her friend. Amaranthae grasped her friend's shoulders, her expression intensely worried and determined, "He's in trouble, Esme, Draavek's in trouble," she said, "a Half-Orc came in with the items that Draavek was supposed to deliver today. Just a few moments ago, I saw Draavek, in his human form, shackled and following along the Half-Orc and his men," she explained rapidly as she started moving towards where she'd last seen Draavek, "I need to keep up with them... can you help?" She asked the last bit quite suddenly as she looked at her friend for a moment before letting her eyes go back to the end of the street, long legs still taking her in the direction she wanted, or needed, to go.

It seemed it was paramount for Ama to go after Draavek. She was sure Esme knew why. After all, Ama sometimes grew flustered when she and Esme were speaking of Draavek in a particular way, not to mention various other, and more subtle, signs that indicated Ama's feelings for Draavek.

The shorter female, quite human, had her eyes go wide as Ama gave her the news. "Help you rescue your man? Of course I'll help. I'll take to the roofs and direct you if you lose sight of them." Esme said, her eyes now full of excitement. With a leap the female monk was on the nearest rooftop, easily having spotted the half-orc and his men. It wasn't like they stuck out or anything. Esme was a believer in love, and even if what Ama and Draavek shared wasn't love, there were feelings there and Ama was her friend. Besides,maybe Draavek had a good looking buddy!

The monk leapt from rooftop to rooftop, keeping track of the small knot of males as they moved through the narrow streets and headed toward what was referred to as Old Town. From her higher perch the small muscular woman helped direct Ama along the right path.

----------​

Draavek knew that Ama was safe at least and part of him was proud to know she was following. There was no way to deny that instinct he had, but he hoped she new what she was doing. The smaller form on the roofs had not been noticed by his captors, and he made no indication that anything was wrong. He knew that he'd have to be patient.

Soon they had crossed that unseen boundary into Old Town, and the subtle change to their surroundings was not immediately recognized, though one could see that the buildings were a little less taken care of, some in disrepair, the salty sea air peeling paint from the wood. Grumpsh seemed to know just where they were going, and eventually they entered a tavern named The Rusty Blade. The place was a little run-down, but a few coins and whispered words got them further into the structure where they soon met with a certain man. He was known in Reyksalar, and in several other cities as well. A slaver by the name of Hjal. A man who dealt in flesh, both young and old, from pleasure slaves to gladiators.

"It has been a long time Grumpsh, but I see that the years are treating you well. A little bird told me that you have brought me a fighter. A pneumafera no less. Can this be true?" Hjal asked, looking at the shackled form of Draavek.

"It be true. We foun' th'pup an' manag'd t'g't 'im 'ere. I n't be recommendin' takin' dem chain off til ye g't 'im sumplace secure." Grumpsh said, knowing that the ferocity of the beast would be let loose.

"Oh, I prepare for such things." Hjal said, and snapped his fingers. A half dozen men with crossbows stepped from the alcoves, weapons leveled at the bound 'fera. "I cannot be to careful, and I need to know that you brought me the genuine article." Hjal explained.

Grumpsh spread his hands in a gesture of understanding, and turned to his men and gave a nod. One moved forward, the key in his hand undoing the bindings on Draavek.

----------​

From her vantage point on the roof, Esme was able to follow them until they entered the Rusty Blade, and from there she hopped down into one of the alleys and came around to meet Ama. "They have him inside, but I lost track of just where they went. " she explained to Ama quickly.

Amaranthae didn't comment on Esme calling Draavek "her man". She couldn't actually consider him as such. Even if she did just a little bit. A tiny bit. She gave her friend a quick nod though, when she said that she would take to the rooftops. That was definitely good. She could probably end up almost on top of those men without them knowing about it.. unless they looked up of course.

Still, all that was on Ama's mind was getting Draavek away from that group, and she knew she was going to have to be smart about it. She just wasn't sure what to do yet. Even after Esme came down and told Ama that they were inside, she let out a puff of air that she hadn't realized she'd been holding.

"Alright.. aside from just barging in there blindly and getting ourselves killed, what do you think we should do?" She asked her friend. Her own mind was a little chaotic with ideas and plans, unable to pin one down long enough to think it through completely.

Esme was at a loss. She was relatively certain that she could perhaps stall a couple of the pirate's men, but the half-orc himself had several orbal firearms, and Esme was sure that those would quickly put an end to most fights unless quickly dealt with. "We need to get Draavek's attention somehow. Without his help in thing, then I'm not sure we can pull it off by ourselves." Esme admitted.

----------​

Little did either of the females know that Draavek had already picked up on their scents, despite the heavy spiced smells coming from the kitchens. The thing was, as soon as those shackles came undone, the runed irons clattering to the floor, Draavek's true form immediately came forth. Growing to a height of nearly eight feet, the wolf pneumafera now towered over his captors, even Grumpsh. The half-orc was no fool though, and had drawn two of his pistols to level them at the wolf.

"No tryn' t'scape, less'n ye want t'be full o' holes." he said, his tone dangerous.

Draavek snarled, the hair along his back bristling. If there was any time to establish dominance it was now, and the huge wolf leaped at the half-orc, the thunderous crack of the gun drowning out all other sounds as Grumpsh shot at the pneumafera.

Outside the two females would hear the beginning of the skirmish and recognize Draavek's animalistic snarls as he fell upon his captors and sought his freedom.

Amaranthae was silent for long moments after Esme spoke, she was thinking. She wasn't sure if Draavek knew either of them were here, after all, she wasn't knowledgeable on just how well his senses worked. She was just about to say something when she started hearing those gunshots. Blue eyes widened with horror as she imagined the worst. Pale complexion grew white as she felt the blood drain from her face and felt cold. This lasted only a few moments as ran for the entrance, cursing herself for not grabbing her own gun, but at least she had her daggers. One in each boot, and another strapped at the small of her back. At the very least she'd be able to incapacitate someone, hopefully, and confiscate their gun.

Ama may not be the best of fighters, but she knew how to defend herself as well as be on the offensive. Right now, she knew she needed to be on the offensive. They needed to react to her, and not the other way around. The first person she saw after she barged through the entrance, she spun, dagger from the small of her back in hand already, the point downward as she held it securely in her right fist, and slashed down at the one she was seeing, hoping to slash his arm, if she did, then she would take the precious split second of him being in shock to deliver a left hook to the side of his head, then grab the shirt at the backs of his shoulders to direct him, quickly, headfirst into a wall. She could only hope it would knock him out so she could grab the gun and continue onward with where she heard the growling and snarling coming from.

Ama burst onto the scene, her dagger swinging in an arc as she spun, the point down and on instinct the man before her would pivot, enough to take the blow away from its intended target, but instead driving the blade straight through his palm. He shrieked in pain and the female's momentum carried her through, slamming his head into the wall. He was not quite unconscious, but crumpled to his knees, obviously out of the fight for the moment.

By now Esme was on Ama's heels, her hands trailing smoke as she tapped into her art, her fire magicite activated by her will and training, and soon the smoke was flame, her hands wreathed in blazing fire that she used to good effect. Another member of the pirate crew grunted from an impact and thudded partially through one of the walls, Esme's smile feral now as her and Ama tore through the men in their surprise initiative.

For his own part Draavek struggled with Grumpsh, the half-orc heavy and strong, and unwilling to give up his prize without a fight. Hjal had unwrapped the whip from his hip and it cracked out just as Draavek began to get the upper hand, the cord of the weapon wrapping around Draavek's neck and tightening as Hjal cinched it. Strong and fast as he was, the pneumafera still needed to breathe.

Draavek grasped the whip, jerking Hjal off his feet, and raisng one razor-clawed hand, ready to strike, when the barre of Grumpsh's pistol pressed to the side of his head. This was about the time Esme and Ama crashed into the room.

Once the man was down, Ama crouched down and picked up the pistol, cocking it as she and Esme went into the next room. So much was happening that Ama wasn't quite sure just what to focus on, but the one thing she really did register was the gun pressed to the side of Draavek's head. She also noticed her friend having changed back into his natural form, outside of that, she wasn't sure what else was happening. She pointed her gun at Grumpsh gun hand and pulled her trigger. She was a sure shot, and for her, there was no time to waste. First deal with the gun pointed to Draavek's head, next, and hopefully Esme would be able to deal with the next possible threat until Ama was able to get to the next. Whatever that may be.

The orbal gun went off in Ama's hand and Grumpsh recoiled, spun around b the shot that hit him in the shoulder, his own gun going off and missing Draavek, but taking off a good chunk of hair and skin at the back of his neck. Draavek missed with his downward swipe, Hjal scrambling away and Draavek's claws cutting furrows along the floor where the man once was. Hjal took off from the room, Esme in pursuit, leaving Draavek and Ama to deal with Grumpsh, the half-orc snarling at them now.

"Shoulda minded yer own bus'ness bitch. By th'time I'm dun wit' ya, yer not gonna be fit for a dog t'fuck." he growled, eyes cutting to Draavek and obviously referring to the pneumafera.

By now Draavek had recovered, though one ear was ringing from the close proximity of the gun going off, but he drew himself to his full height. "You don't think you can take us both do you?" he snarled.

"Both? No, but if she sees you go down I'm sure she'll break down cryin' like the lil' weepin' pussy she is!" Grumpsh said, and lunged at Draavek, two short swords drawn as he closed the distance, the blades aimed at Draavek's chest.

"Maybe you shouldn't have propositioned me for that discount," she commented dryly and ignored the threat he delivered. She knew it wasn't over, not yet, but she was also extremely confident that everything was going to work out in her and Draavek's favor. She did wince a little when she had seen the bullet graze the back of Draavek's neck, she was glad that was all it was. Would have preferred no injury, but it was better than him laying on the floor, dead.

She kneeled down for a moment and grabbed the two daggers in her boots, one in each hand. They were light, and smallish, easily tossed, which she did just that, the one in her right hand she threw towards Grumpsh. Weeping pussy indeed, she mentally harrumphed. If her small dagger wasn't aimed true, she would quickly move just out of the way, and start approaching Grumpsh from behind, unless Draavek told her otherwise that was.

It was over just as quickly as it had started. Grumpsh lunged and Ama followed after though Draavek met the charge, knocking aside the short blades of the half-orc and clamping his jaws on the meaty shoulder of the pirate. Ama's flung dagger thudded solidly into the half-or's side and Draavek caught the other, burying it to the hilt in the half-orc's armpit. Thick scarlet blood poured from the wound and slicked the floor in moments. Letting go of his bite Draavek looked to Ama.

"There will be time to rejoice soon, but for now we need to get out of here. If we get caught here we're both dead." he intoned.

Esme came back through the back door, her hands trailing smoke, a smirk on her face.

"We need to go." Draavek reiterated, and grabbed both females by the hand to exit the way Esme had just come in.

Out in the alleyways Draavek would lead them both, and though no city guards really came this way, it was still good to be on the lookout. Any they ran across were likely in the pockets of the criminals here and then they had to worry about the gangs too. Avoiding anyone suspicious they managed to get back to the small apothecary shop. Once there, Draavek pulled Ama into his arms.

"I could not have done that without you. You either." he said the last to Esme and pulled her into the hug as well. "How did you two know where to find me?" he asked. The wolf was nearly eight feet in height, dwarfing both women, and pulling them into his soft fur.

Amaranthae didn't have much time to process anything once it was over. Good thing too considering they had to run from the place. She followed Draavek, glad to be on her way with him safe. So far.

Once inside the small shop, she didn't get the chance to lock the door as Draavek pulled her into him and felt his arms go around her. It was only at that point that she realized she could breathe easier and she let out a breathe as she wrapped her own arms around him, her face, and hands buried in the soft fur.

"We followed you and the half-orc," Ama told him simply. She moved just slightly and looked up at him then, "What happened? How did they manage to capture you, and bind you?" She just couldn't fathom such a thing happening to him.. to Ama, he always seemed so.. not necessarily invincible or infallible, but pretty damned close.

Draavek felt right in Ama's arms, and she felt right in his. He shook his head. "They got me by surprise really, and outnumbered. I was waiting for my moment and as soon as they unbound me I grabbed it. I appreciate the help that you two gave me though." he said, showing teeth as he smiled.

Esme grinned up at him and shrugged. "I couldn't let my best friend's man... wolf... whatever... just be taken. She has to have her fix!" Esme said, and patted Draavek's chest. She pulled out of the hug though, and left the two to sort things out.

"You know they'll be coming for a bit of revenge right? If not Grumpsh himself, then some of his crew." Draavek said. Not once did he let go of Ama, and his hands kept her pulled close to him. "I'm glad you came after me. I..." he stopped, seeming at a loss for words.

Ama nodded as she took in a slow deep breath. He was safe now. She didn't have to think about how he was caught, and what could have happened. Hearing Esme she gave a soft chuckle and a small shake of her head. Then Draavek warned of Grumpsh and, or, his men coming after them for revenge. She closed her eyes and nodded, "I'm sure they will be, I'll need to figure something out," she said softly. After all, Draavek was going to have to go back to his own home, continue his job. She wasn't his only client he delivered supplies to. She squeezed her arms around him slightly, "I don't know what else I could have done," she told him.

Draavek shook his head. "I'm really not sure what to figure out. They know you, know this shop. Your best bet is to get out of Reyksalar. I can't tell you where to go, or what to do, but I'm not leaving your side until you're safe." Draavek stated rather matter-of-factly. He towered over Ama and especially Esme, the huge wolf standing out in a crowd and unable to hide himself. Ama culd possibly disguise herself but Draavek had no such luxury.

"I should be just fine, and I stay at the monastery anyway. I'm not even sure anyone would have recognized me." Esme chimed in, and began to look on the shelves for the ingredients and various items she'd originally come for.

Draavek let his eyes settle on Ama. "Do you have any place you can go? Or are we going to have to go on the run together?" he asked, a hint of a smile showing through despite the stress of the situation.

Amaranthae smiled at Draavek's matter-of-fact tone and statement and nodded to him, "Alright," she told him softly. She didn't mind the idea of him not leaving her side. She rather liked it actually. Still, it just made her need to get out of town that much stronger. She looked over at Esme as she started talking and looking for items, "Wouldn't they still be able to recognize you when you do venture out of the monastery?" She asked with concern lacing her voice.

She returned her attention to Draavek as he asked her the questions and she shook her head, "No where I'd want to be," she told him, "So I guess it's on the run together," she told him, giving him a small smile also. She knew that together, they'd be able to take anyone, and anything on, and survive. She just knew it. Had faith in it. Faith in him.

Esme shook her head. "Possibly, but I'm not worried about it. They'll really be after Draavek though, and he'll need a strong companion to help him through. They won't cause too much more trouble here in the city unless they really want to bring the heat down." Esme said, leaning against the wall.

Draavek cursed silently and said, "I'll have to find more weapons and armor. They took all my stuff, and I don't think it's a good idea to try and sneak aboard to get it, no matter how important it is." Draavek was not nude, but they certainly had not left any armor or weapons for him, much less anything he could live off of on the road.

"I'm sorry to disrupt your life like this." he told Ama softly, truly sorry that she was leaving this life behind, but grateful that she would be at his side.

Soon they had gathered more than enough supplies for a few days, but Draavek asked, "Do you need to go home to grab anything?"

Ama nodded at Esme's reassurances, "You just be careful until you're sure they're out of town.. but are you certain you wouldn't be better off in coming with us?" She asked, she needed to be certain that Esme would be safe. Ama didn't think she'd be able to live with herself if something horrible happened to her best friend because of what happened that day.

She looked over at Draavek and nodded, "I wish I had something that would fit you, but I guess we'll have to pick stuff up along the way, where armor is concerned anyways," she told him, "I have weapons at my place though, so we should head home really quick to pick those up and a few extra items that should come in handy on the road," like a change of clothing. She didn't address the apology, she felt she needed to do that when it was just the two of them. Needless to say, she would be telling him to not apologize, that he didn't disrupt her life in a bad way.

At least she didn't feel he disrupted it in a bad way.

Esme did seem to think about it for a moment, but looking at the two of them together she smiled and shook her head. "Nah, that's ok. I have a feeling I'd be more in the way if I went along with you two than if I stayed here. Besides, I'm not too worried about a bunch of scalliwags like them." she said with a laugh.

"A short run to your place would be prudent." Draavek admitted and looked over at Esme as she made her decision. "So long as you're safe." he intoned, his voice quite serious. He didn't want anything to happen to the woman.

Soon they'd grabbed what they could from the shop and were heading out onto the city streets to get to Ama's home. Esme and Ama would part ways with a meaningful hug. "You come back when yu can. You know you always have a place here with me at the monastery." she joked, though it was still absolutely true. Soon the wolf and Ama were on their way. Now unfettered and in his natural form,the pneumafera drew a few gazes, but the city was big enough that it wasn't too out of the ordinary. Draavek kept his eyes and ears open for any sign of the pirates, but luckily there didn't seem to be any and son they arrived at Ama's home.

Back
Top Bottom