Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

More Beautiful than Aphrodite (sirix & Covert Revulsion)

o-Lunetta-o

Planetoid
Damon walks along the path. It had been a few days travel from the head shrine of Narcissist to get to Aphrodite's, but it had been a calm and peaceful few days, lots of time to think and pray to the gods as Damon made his pilgrimage. The man was tall, standing 6 foot tall and his olive skin tanned from months on the road, his body slim, but strong. As the shrine comes into view, Damon smiles and walks a little faster to his destination. This shrine was said to be home to some of the most beautiful women in all of Greece, and while he didn't have any devious plans for them, a little eye-candy would certainly be a welcome sight after seeing nothing but aged men.

"Eumelia!"

A young woman of twenty lifted her head, engrossed in the novel that was splayed out on her lap.

"Time to set up the alter for the festival."

Eumelia folded the corner of her book, placing it aside before she moved to stand, committing herself to a full body stretch. She lifted her arms above her head, inhaling deeply before exhaling a soft sigh. Immediately, she got herself to working, aiding alongside her fellow priestesses to prepare for the up and coming festival. They switched the fabrics of color, opting for the color of red. Chalices and gold plates replaced the silver ones, fresh cut flowers placed tastefully within the temple, which consisted of a large room with columns. The back rooms where the lodgings of the priestesses that pledged themselves to Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty. Eumelia was lovely, like most of the priestesses own this temple, with long brown hair and vibrant green eyes, and a very flattering figure. She was intone with her sexuality, as were most of the women here, love knew no bounds. There were a few priests of the temple as well, but it was predominantly women. Yet, she was special, for Aphrodite was her grandmother, and she was the daughter of her son Eros.

Damon walks into the temple, finding everyone hustling and bustling to prepare for...something. He looks around for someone that didn't look particularly busy, or at least not with something vital he hopes. Unknowingly he gets the attention of the demi-goddess herself, finding the woman extremely beautiful, even more so then the rest of the beauties that staffed the temple, and decided to ask her about the going on's. "Priestess, I'm sorry to bother you while you are so busy. What is going on, have I come at a bad time? I'm making following the Long Road." He says, knowing she would get he was visiting every shrine on the way to Zeus.

Eumelia had been so engrossed in her work, that she almost didn't hear the traveler until she felt his presence simply... there. She set down the wreath of roses, turning to look at him. Ah, another man. She almost presumed that he had wandered in from the street, and caught a glimpse of her and was hoping to engage in.. something with her. Eumelia was used to this behavior from the opposite sex, being the granddaughter of Aphrodite felt more like a curse to her. No matter where she went, she was always noticed, especially by men who wanted nothing more than to profess their undying love to her and simply bed her.

Yet, he didn't have the glazed look in his eyes, which was peculiar. "Ah, a pilgrimage to the temples? You are the third one this week. We are hosting a festival and honoring Aphrodite along with it. All, even outsiders, are welcomed. It is to begin tonight."

"Oh, the gods smile on me then, quite the timing I have ha." Damon chuckles a little, looking around at the preparations. "Well, I will return later tonight then. Get out of your way. Need to find space at the inn or somewhere else to sleep for the night anyway." He says, nodding and stepping back. "Actually, anything I need to bring or do to honor Aphrodite?" He asks, stepping back up so that he can get the information he wanted.

Eumelia smiled a bit, "Yes, impeccable," she commented on his timing, amused at the look of content. "Do make sure you arrive early, the celebration starts just a bit before sundown and it does get very crowded," she suggested. The young woman was about to engross herself back into her work, until he mentioned what he could bring to honor Aphrodite and it brought another smile to her lips. "Bring your love and it will give her nothing but happiness," she inquired with a wink before she moved off, "I hope to see you later."

He gives the woman a small nod, and leaves for a couple hours, getting a room reserved for himself and buying a few roses to take to the festival. It seemed from what he had heard around that you would give a flower to anyone you loved or were attracted to. He only bought a few, and arrived to the temple an hour before the festivities were set to start, taking a look around as the priestesses put the finishing touches for the festival. He just walks about, trying not to disturb anyone.

Eumelia busied herself along with the other priestesses of the temple to make the final preparations. Their work extended out of the temple into the street, where many shops, vendors and stalls were already being set up. It wasn't before long until the Aphrodisia festival commenced. The sound of music filtered through the streets, the scent of lamb and pork filled everyones nostrils. The festivities were in honor of Aphrodite, the patron goddess of the city, with exchanges of love and rituals. The first was the sacrificing of the goddess' bird, the dove, marking the temple with its blood. Worshippers would carry along symbols of the goddess. People made offerings of flowers and incense to the altar of the goddess of love and beauty. Once the ritualistic part was over, everyone may enjoy the feast and music.

Yet, Eumelia herself lingered at the steps of the temple, watching as her fellow priestesses mingled with the attention of men, and women even. She herself refrained from doing so, knowing most attention she received were the superficial affects of being the daughter of Eros himself. While many would consider it a blessing, she considered it to be a curse.

Damon delights in watching the priestesses do their work and then finally start the festival with the sacrifice. He takes a place near the back, allowing the true followers and people of the town to take the more honorable positions of being up close and personal with their goddess. He does watch and smile at the rituals, finding that they were so similar to al the rest of the rituals he had been witness to in the past few months along the long road. Once released, he takes a small walk around the streets, taking in the sights and smells of the different meats, cheeses and flowers present, and let his ears appreciate the music of the town.

Damon takes a look around the city, looking for fimilar faces, travelers he had meet, or the priestess he had meet that morning perhaps. With no such luck, he decides to make his way back to the temple and present Aphrodite with an offering of his own. On the steps up, he notices the priestess from this morning, walking to stand beside her. "Well, looks like your having a fun night." He says, with a chuckle. "Surrounded by all your friends and lovers, it was impossible to approach you." He says, to try and lighten the semi obvious mood on her face.

Eumelia snapped out of her reverie, catching sight of a familiar face. It was the man from earlier, the man on a pilgrimage to temples. Her first instinct had been to shoo him away, as many other people of the opposite sex that were attracted to females often meandered their way towards her, as if she had some pheromone or perfume on her that informed them she was available. It was a nuisance, and it's caused her to grow cold towards the men she encountered, or keep exchanges short lived. Yet, as she stared into his eyes, he didn't have the glazed look that she had been expecting to see.

She gazed quizzically at him, but was gracious enough to respond. "Yet, you took the liberty to approach me, traveler," she replied, offering a small smile. "Are you enjoying the evening at least?"

Damon smiles and bows just a bit to the woman. "Yes, of course. It's not everyday that one gets to see how a town worships their goddess in festival. All very enlightening." he says, remaining standing as he feels that sitting with her would put her off to him, and he really didn't want to push her away. "I am curious. I didn't expect to run across you or your sisters again up here so its a small delight that I did." he pulls a small collection of flowers from behind his back, the flowers that were supposed to be handed out to those you loved or lusted after. "Would it be out of line to leave one of these flowers for Aphrodite? I don't want to insult her." He says, presenting the flower to Eumelia to inspect.

"You can keep that one if you wish. I bought a few to many on accident it seems." he says, looking at the other 3 flowers in his hand.

Eumelia looked back up at him, noting the genuine tone in his voice. He seemed like a pleasant man in her eyes, she was quite good at reading their intentions after a while but he seemed honest. "Aphrodite would smile upon you at such a kind gesture," she mentioned. Moving to stand, brushing her skirt, she gently took the flower he offered, flattered and deciding to take it for her own. "Thank you, you yourself may hand off the offering," she offered, motioning him to follow her. Upon entry, she lead him to the alter, where there were already a few offerings to the goddess.

She gestured where to place the flowers, among a pile that was already present. "What is your name, traveler?"

(sorry, thought I had replied, I understand if you have lost interest)

He nods and helps her up if she will accept it. "Thank you. Your kindness is appreciated. Its amazing how many of the priests from the other temples would rather that the people don't step into the temples other then at appointed times." He chuckles a little as he follows her into the marble structure. He takes a better look around now that it was all but empty, finding the design and atmosphere to be just as sensual as the goddess herself, lots of scented candles and artwork showing the female form, in all shapes and sizes, to its best. They walk up to the main statue however and in her arms he places the flowers like so many already have.

"I'm sorry, I thought I had introduced myself before." He bows a little in apology. "Excuse my rudeness, my name is Damon. I am a sculpture maker by trade, but the muses sent me along the Road." He explains, rambling a little in his nerves.

Back
Top Bottom