Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Universe Apart: Vita, Gyro, and Helix. ((Private))

Nyakuni

Super-Earth
Vita arrived into the world in a most unusual fashion. It was sudden and complete, and he came into it from an entirely different planet with very little in common with this place. One of the unfortunate little hiccups in this trip he had made was that it wasn't exactly made to take him to any kind of civilization if there was any on the planets he was visiting. So now he had materialized on unfamiliar terrain in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, at least, the skill he had used to come here did not randomly take the user to any dangerous planets, such as those that had severe temperatures, although many did have environments that could not support his particular form of life... which was why it was good that he had also developed techniques before he began jumping around from planet to planet that would help him cope with those kinds of places. He was not unused to this, however, and did what he did at every planet he came to. He started to search. Not for anything in particular... something with enough intelligence to interact with was always a lucky find, and not all as unlikely as he might have believed on the planet he had grown up on. Apparently, despite what statistics might say, life liked to thrive, and it always did when possible.

Re: A Universe Apart: Vita, Gryo, and Helix. ((Private))

It was sheer luck that brought Gyro and Helix to the same world Vita had jumped too. Gyro had a earlier run in with two other people who were lost in different universes. He was able to send them back home, for the most part, and found out how interesting inter dimensional travel could be. He was able to build two devices. One that would randomly send up to four people to a different world at any time, and another that would bring them home when they wanted too. After finishing making these machines, he packed three days worth of provisions for himself and his young friend Helix. Helix had a hard time before and Gyro thought it would be a good vacation for the boy. But he never asked if the wanted to come along. He just handed the boy his packed bag and sent them both to a different world. he over looked on how they were going to enter the world. In the end, Gyro and Helix fell out of this worlds sky. While they were falling Helix was trying to beat Gyro, and yelled at him for dragging him along and getting them killed. Gyro landed on his back, with Helix on top of him, breaking the boy's fall, and both of their bags landing harshly on his head. He didn't mind the rough way of entering this world but a sudden realization came to him when he remembered he had put the device to bring them home in his back pocket.

Vita kept very little on him. He had a small pack of useful tools, a hunting knife, and a necklace that was the only connection he still had with his brother... if his brother had been able to hold on to his own. He had known when he had set off that no amount of rations or extra clothing would be enough, as he didn't know how long his trip would be, and his clothes would eventually get worn and be too small. So he hunted his food and relied upon worlds where trade thrived or the kindness of strangers for these things, and generally made it by where he could. It wasn't so difficult, planet-hopping, once you got used to it. It was sort of fun, and you learned and saw amazing things. Something told him he was about to learn a whole lot more on this planet, despite how desolate it appeared at first glance. This feeling would prove to be right as Vita encountered Gyro and Helix. He heard them as they began their descent from the sky, and had ducked behind the nearest foliage for cover. Watching cautiously from behind, he waited to see if these two were dangerous, and how intelligent they were.

Once Helix realized that he was alive and wondered how it was possible he got up. He brushed himself off calmly and took the bags from Gyro's face. Once he saw Gyro was still alive as well, just bruised all the calm in his face left him. " I hate you! What were you thinking?! Where are we and what did you drag me into this time?!" He yelled as he stomped on the mas face. Gyro quickly covered his face and started to whine and beg the boy to stop. "Ah, listen! Ow stop! Listen, listen listen!" Gyro said and he quickly got up from the ground and dodged the boy's blows. " I thought it would be fun! You know, being alone with you and going to different worlds! It's like a vacation adventure!" He said with a large smile as he spread his arms out wide. "I don't want to be with you." Helix said bluntly. " Now take me home retard." Gyro made a small sad face at being insulted. "But....I want to be alone with you. I heart you lots......" He said softly but only had their luggage thrown at his head.

Watching carefully, Vita was able to extrapolate that the older man of the two had done something stupid, dangerous, or possibly both, to make the younger angry with him. It was strange. He had rarely seen others who looked similar to himself. Sure, life was out to live, but it wasn't all too picky about its form usually, and beings like himself and these two were not exactly built to survive without some sort of society and years of evolution.. which meant..

Vita stepped forward, confident in that these two would not be much of a danger to him. On top of that, there wouldn't be the usual bad reaction he got from creatures that were equally intelligent, but differently shaped. They tended to become hostile in some cases. There were only a few key differences between them, and they could be explained away, so he could at least make a good first impression before surprising them with the fact that he was from another world. Unfortunately, he would have to play mute, because he didn't speak their language. Stepping out, he approached the strangers, keeping his disposition as casual and mild as possible with chunks of metal embedded throughout his body and clearly visible.

Both Helix and Gyro stopped talking when they saw the other person. Helix wasn't very sure how he should react to the other. He normally kept his guard up, even in his own world. He wasn't too fond of people. he looked up at Gyro to ask what they should do but horror came on his face when he saw the look on Gyros face. He had seen this look far too many times before, and each time something terrible happened. He was about to grab Gyro to stop him but it was too late. Gyro had already started forward and within moments he was in front of the boy. With a bright small he wrapped his arms around the new comer and squealed in glee. " Honey~" He cried in English before hugging Vita's tighter. " I want to keep him! Let's get married! We can have our honey moon right away~" Helix qucikly looked away from the embarrassing sight. He started to think if he left the boy wouldn't think that Helix was really with Gyro and not associate him with the man.

Vita was caught quite off guard. He had never met someone quite so... affectionate to complete strangers. Especially one such as him. He had no idea what the man was saying, but it sounded like a completely different language than what he had been speaking only a moment ago. He had seen planets where different languages were used on different regions before, but they generally had some sort of similarity, or common root. He couldn't find a single connection between the two. Vita stared on as the man hugged him, then looked up at Helix, silently asking for help or clarification.

Helix gave him a look as if to say Vitas was on his own. Gyro seemed rather interested in Vita. After he let go of him he stared to get a good look at him. " How you doin?" Gyro said in the little bits if English he had learned a while ago. Himself has no idea what it meant since the language was from another world. He doubted it was a language that Vita under stood. He put his hands up to say to Vita to stay where he was. He then went over to his bag and took out the translators. They were choker like necklaces. He handed one to Helix and out one on himself. He was glad he made three, one spare in case one of theirs was broken. He then handed the last one to his new friend. After he did put on the choker he smiled. " Check, check, hey is it working....?" he said and some how he was speaking in language Vita would understand. He had made them so when you put them one, not only did it translate what you were staying in what ever language the people around you spoke, it also made the wearer understand what was being said to him. It was impossible to say how Gyro ever made such a amazing thing. But the only glitch that he couldn't fix was English was the only language the chokers did not translate.

Vita was stunned, so he didn't move when Gyro went to get the translators. He understood that it was meant as some sort of gift, but had no idea what it did, or what to do with it. He watched the other put on a matching collar, wondering why he needed to cover up his throat. It had never occurred to anyone on his own planet, or the one he had spent so many years on, that this might be important. It was probably some part of their physiology that he didn't-

And then Gyro spoke, clearly and fluently in Vita's own language from his home world. Vita's eyes widened. This wasn't his home world; it couldn't have changed so much in so little time. What were the chances that there was another species so similar to their own that it not only looked, but spoke like his own? "How do you know that tongue?" He asked in surprise, forgetting that he was supposed to be mute. Not that it mattered now that they could speak with him unhindered.

Gyro pointed to his choker and motioned to Helix to come over. The boy refused to do so. " These are translators. I don't know your language, they just make it so yoiu understand what I'm saying. And since I have it on, I know what you say as well. If you would like, you can use the one I gave you. Just so you can speak to anyone else other then myself and Helix over there. "Gyro explained to Vita. " Oh, I'm Gyro by the way. Gyro Gears. And that cutie over there is Helix Stone. " He told him with a bright smile. " I hate you." Helix yelled over at them. " I know sweetie!" Gyro said back to Helix with a smile still on his face. " Helix doesn't like people so don't be offended by his insults and distance. " Once Gyro was done talking, Helix walked over with his hands on his hips. " Are you finished yet? Hurry up and bring us home! You can't just get up a leave on a vacation moron! Your the frikken mayor! Finish you sweet talk with this guy, have your hour of fun with him and let just go!"

"Oh. Wait... how did you know I couldn't speak your language...?" Vita had never heard of someone expecting to come across such a problem with anyone. Nobody really ever expected visitors from another planet, or if they did they had a few screws loose. Those encounters were never good. "Um, my name is Vita. Pleasure. I've met people like your friend before, so don't worry..."

Despite his reassurances, The relationship between the two confused him, and he didn't like the way Helix was speaking about him, even if he didn't quite understand what the boy was trying to say near the end. The word 'mayor' was one he hadn't heard in his language before, and he was unsettled more than a little by whatever an hour of fun was supposed to be to this person.

"I'm sorry about him" Gyro said as he tried to shoo Helix away. " Don't mind anything he says. Anyway, I thought that the whole language thing would be a issue if we were going to different worlds. Gotta plan ahead for trips, right?" Gyro said with another one of his smiles. " About a week ago, two kids had lost their way home. They were forced to jump to different worlds and I helped them get home....mostly. I sure do hope they made it back alright...anyway. I thought it would be fun to explore different worlds so here we are." He explained and Helix booted him in the shin. " Why did you bring me along?!" He yelled at the man. " Me love you long time?" Gyro answered in English. He only received another hit to the face.

"So... so... these were for some other planet-jumpers? And... you guessed I didn't speak your language, so you gave me one?" The pieces were disjointed and made little sense to Vita. He didn't understand at first, but then something clicked. "Oh! Oh. Wait, so you're going from planet to planet, now, too? Ooooh. That makes much more sense. You must think I'm from this place, then. I'm not. I came here, like you, from a different place." He pressed on, taking Gyro's advice and ignoring the younger boy. He had to admit, though, it didn't seem as if Gyro should have taken him here.

"Really?" Gyro asked when he found out Vita wasn't from the world they were in." That's rather interesting...." A dark look came into his eyes, but only for a moment until his normal friendly smile came back. "Pay attention to me!" helix whined. " Oh hello." Gyro said as he looked down at the boy. He pulled out a small clear ball from his pocket and put it on Helix's hand. It was their version of a candy in their world. Helix looked down at it before turning away from them. It seem as if the small treat was enough to make Helix behave for a while. "So why are you going to world to world?" Gyro said as he once turned to Vita again. " I doubt it's for fun. "

"...I'm searching for something. Someone. And a place." Vita answered vaguely. "I don't know where to look, but it doesn't really matter... I can't control where I get sent to. What about you? How do you travel? It doesn't look so safe from how you fell from the sky like that." Vita had completely forgotten about the choker in his hand. Not that he needed it when the other's worked to translate both ways. Maybe on another world he might need to use it, and from the looks of it it would do him a great deal of good, but here and now it wasn't of much use.

" Oh, we travel using this." Gyro said as he pulled out a box from his pocket. " It's a delicate process but using this, we and jump to world to world. But no I cannot control where we go to. Simply turn it on and away we go. "The box itself didn't look at that important. It looked like it could open but Gyro didn't bother to explain how to was able to bring people different worlds. "and if I use this, we can get back to our own world." He said as he reached into his back pocket but froze. He feared that the fall had broken the item that brought them back. " Ah, it's nothing all to special. " he said and didn't check to see if the item was in one piece and prayed that no one asked questions about it. "Gyro, I want to go home." Helix said as if anyone had forgotten. "Mommy and daddy are talking." Gyro said as he gave a small wave at Helix. The boy responded on kicking Gyro once again. " He's just grumpy because he hasn't had his nap yet." Gyro whispered over to Vita.

Mommy and daddy? Vita wondered what that was supposed to refer to. He sure wasn't a parent, and there wasn't a woman here to constitute a mother... unless... "Uh, wait, are you a woman?" He asked, shock written across his face in big, bold letters. This whole conversation was kind of crazy and nonsensical. "Huh. Right, well, look I need to go. I ave to find someone who is from this planet to ask about my broth- er, the person I'm looking for." Vita corrected himself at the last moment. He wanted to see his brother again, but after how things had happened when they last saw each other, he didn't know if his younger sibling would want to see him if he caught wind of who it was that was looking for him.

"Women?" Gyro asked not knowing why the question was asked. After Vita spoke, Gyro went over and picked up the bags. "Let's go then. I always wanted to go on a sort of quest. We can help you find that person. " Gyro said happily. " We will?!" Helix asked in shock. "But..." He looked over at Vita and let out a small sigh. He had heard the 'both' part and guessed on who Vita was looking for. Helix was a softly when it came to family issues. "Find, we can do what you want for a little while." Helix said with another sigh. "Ah, that's great! Now that we all agreed, let's go~" Gyro said cheerfully. " But first..." He started to dig around in his bag and brought out a bottle. Helix's eyes widened as he watched the man chug the contents of the bottle down rather qucikly. "Gyro!" Helix yelled as he smacked the man again. " I told you to stop drinking! I told you I hate it wen you do!"Gyro shook off the pain, and the boy's words before going back to Vita. " Adventure times! " He sang as he took the boy's hand and started to drag him along.

Thus Vita became - quite literally - swept up in an 'adventure', which it truly was. Having the enthusiastic and rambunctious two along with him would inevitably lead to mayhem and excitement that he could not incur alone in a simple quest to find a lost sibling. It was a long two hours before they would reach any kind of civilization, and Vita kept unnaturally quiet the entire way, only ever responding with a vague nod, shake of the head, or shrug. He didn't know how long these two would be with him, but the less they knew about him the better, as far as he was concerned. Knowledge was power, and he did not dare allow someone to have too much power over him these days.

As they waked, Gyro acted almost annoying but mostly amusing. He would burst into random songs, ramble on about things an sometimes rub the small bits of metal on Vita's face. At first it was as if he thought he could rub it off, but he soon switched to polishing the metal. "All nice and shiny." He said after each time. If he did say anything Helix found stupid, the boy would kick the man forward. "I really hope we can be done with this soon." Helix said with a rather annoyed looking expression. Of course, it was understandable why he was getting annoyed. Gyro for some reason was saying the name Alan over and over again.

Vita did his best to ignore the strange guests he had with him. Gyro especially. When they arrived at an inhabited place, it was almost an unnoticeable change. It consisted of a small number of hollowed out places in the ground covered with heavy stone squares. Vita would not have recognized them as what they were if it were not for the scorch marks on the ground not too far off indicating a controlled fire. He didn't know how to go about telling if any of them still lived here, though. The stone chunks were too heavy for him to lift out of the way, and nobody seemed to be hanging around outside. He even tried putting the collar on and calling into a crack between the stone and ground, but he got no reaction. So he did something he never would have had the opportunity to do before: he asked his travelling companions. "There might be sentient creatures hiding under these stones in hollows, but I can't tell without going in. Any ideas?"

"Pff, I can lift that." Gyro said with a small wave of his hand. " Besides, we have no choice but to go in and find people to talk to, right? I have a light stick in my bag. But it will only last for so long. I can pop the rock off and we can be in and out. Sounds good?" He asked with a wide smile. " You must really be drunk. Look at that rock! There is no way a old man like you could lift it. " Helix said as he crossed his arms. He had seen the man throw a full gown person through a shatter proof glass window, be he felt as if this would be different. Helix watched Gyro try and push the rock off of a hole before looking back at Vita. "He's really wasted. It's best if you don't pay any attention to him. I say we wait here until someone does come of of the holes. They have to come out some time, right?'

"You two really love to hate on each others' opinions, don't you?" Vita sighed, looking to and fro between them. They certainly were about as opposite as two people could get. In this case, however, Helix seemed like the more logical perspective to take. He was almost convinced that they should take that exact course of action, only... "I think waiting is a good idea, except that they might be hiding from us if they know we're here, and they might be able to last longer without sustenance than us."

"That's true. We could..." Helix trailed off and looked over at Gyro who had stopped trying to putt the rock up. He peeked in the crack and took a deep breath. " Heeellooooo! We're not here to hurt you! Come out please and we can talk and be friend, yes?"Gyro yelled in the hole and tried to look down in it. " I'll give you a glowy stick! It's all pretty and stuff." Helix stared at the man before turning away. " How about we leave him behind and wait? We can go on a head and see if we can find anyone else....."

Vita watched in horror as Gyro tried to interact with whatever might be inside the holes. The over-the-top attitude might frighten them off, and Vita was about to scold the man vigorously for threatening the success of his endeavours when something shifted inside. There was no response, and Vita stared at Gyro for a moment, especially at his collar. Approaching the makeshift door, he too attempted to encourage the creatures inside to come out, and was only slightly surprised now to find that his guess had been correct. When he spoke, it came out in his native tongue, instead of translating into something else. Gyro's words had made sense to him because he had been wearing a translator as well, but he had a hunch that if he hadn't been, the words would have been the same language as was spoken on his planet. So there was a downside to these inventions. This meant...

"Hey, I don't think these guys can talk." He suggested, going on theory but fairly certain it was correct. Something was clearly alive down there, but the translators weren't working on them, so... maybe there was some other way they communicated, other than sounds? "What other forms of communication are there?"

Back
Top Bottom