Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Final Fantasy x Fire Emblem: working title.

The world of Final Fantasy collides with Fire Emblem. A freak accident occured when the Crystals of the Final Fantasy world collide, causing a rift in space time, merging the worlds together with the realm of Fire Emblem.

That's all I got at the moment, but I wanted to do a FE x FF cross over. Not sure what I want it to be about though..it doesn't even have a proper name. XD

I will be honest, I have had interest in this for a while, though I was waiting to see if anyone else would respond. Unfortunately, it did not seem to be the case... But, despite that, I can see you have something; two fantasy worlds blending together and merging as one. The final fantasies that had the 4 elemental crystals consisted of 1, 3, 4, 5, the CC series, Type-0 and Dimensions with 15 speculated to have them reincorporated, so one of those could be the starting ground, but all other Final Fantasies did include the use of crystals of some way (6 with magicite, 7 with materia, 9 was revolved around life itself came from, and return to, crystal, etc.). I personally have only played two Fire Emblem games (3 if the Japanese 'Sword of Seals' counts) for the GBA, the one considered as 7th in the series and the Sacred Stones, and that was it. I know their general stories to an extent, though I have yet to actually beat them. Of course, I have heard things of the other FEs, so I can adapt.

It's certainly not a bad idea in the slightest; my question would be is if you want to have it dead set on canon settings, as in with/during the events of those games OR you want the general worlds of these two, yet have OCs in the mix with references, or blood ties, to some canon characters in a different timeline? All in all, my apologies for my response being late; the idea interested me, I just thought someone else may have expressed some kind of interest.

I was intending for it to be a world created by the crystals i a broken nexus combining the two series, and OCs wouldn't make sense seeing as there's plenty of canons to choose from. YEah..well I guess people hate Final Fantasy now so I'm not surprised..

So basically, merging all the FF worlds with the FE worlds to make a single world where canons of every series could meet up when it would otherwise be impossible to do. Kind of like Dissidia Final Fantasy, but on a far larger scale with another series crossover? Also, that could be the title, now that I think of it... 'Dissidia: Emblem Fantasy'. Of course, this can easily be adjusted to something more fitting. But, technically speaking, before FF3 got its remake for the DS, the four characters, as well as the ones in FFI, were in a sense OCs, as they had no names. And not to mention 11 and 14 were MMOs, so you can create your own character, and even the Tactics games allowed some OC creation, even though they were usually inferior to the major characters. But, at most in the FF games, you got a variety of 4-9 characters, sometimes more, depending on the game; sometimes with fewer characters, there is the choice of outfitting them with a large variety of jobs, adding diversity in how one fights.

I don't know if character creation was ever in FE, as I've played only so few games from the series, though you could give characters 'T' path choices for class upgrades in SS, one usually suited for defense, the other for offense; sometimes both in one or the other. But, there was usually a wide cast of characters you can recruit/befriend, even if they were on the opposing side to begin with, and each one has their own way of building themselves into powerful forces, with some classes being more optimal for the character than others. There was a relationship feature included in the games as well, which improved how characters fight if they were close to those they had a bond with.

But here I go, rambling and talking about some rather obvious things... point is, I really like the games, FF and FE, and while FF has been on a bit of a downhill spiral nobody wants to be a part of, I'm hoping 15 could be Square Enix's saving grace... or the final nail in their coffin. Sum it up in a few words... I am interested in this RP idea, nonetheless.

Well after playing world of Final Fantasy they seem to be going back on to their more traditional route, FF15 is even shooting for going back to their roots, minus the old style gameplay because kids are not going to sit down with that old battle system..they want fast pace that's just how the industry is now.

They are still canon though as there is official art of them, if you want to base it on the mmo's that's fine with me but those are the only ocs I'll take...I don't know all that much about fire emblem myself other than what I've seen people play and in Smash though XD

Yeah, I don't quite have the luxury of playing MMOs, tbh; don't have the effective enough internet to do so. But yeah; I grew up on the ATB system; 1 and 2 were actually turn-based, while randomizing the characters' turn order, meaning the enemy could attack first one turn, and then attack last next turn. xD

That aside, I'll try my best to get others involved. So, how do you want to do it; get people to play a character from one series or the other, or at least one character from both, effectively controlling two characters at once? I can do either, really; I know a number of characters over the series. I can even provide you a list of others as well via PM, not just the ones you know on the 3DS and Smash Bros. Or you can look up Fire Emblem games, then look on the wiki site for playable characters and villains. xD

I'll that out if I even want to bother with this anymore....people must really hate the idea, if it's not pokemon/ digimon any other canon based rp flops on here.

I think that 'hate' would be a bit strong of a word to describe that. Maybe they're just not ready for it, or just unsure of how it's going to go. What would make the crystals go in disarray to twist and warp the worlds? Could someone in one of these two worlds have read a tome of forbidden spacial-time combination spellcraft that they sought to use on the crystals, that if tampered with, would cause the worlds in disarray? Which villain, if any, would be to blame for it, or would a new face make themselves known, perhaps a former OC hero turned evil from the MMOs? Are they a traveler, aiming to create havoc and chaos over the entire cosmos, as well as time and space? Or merely trying to create a world of their own, where everyone will kneel before them while they stand as their ruler, or god while residing in an impenetrable fortress which many dangers lurk? Would antagonists of the FF and FE series team up with one another, and even the big bad, or go their own paths to make the combined world and cosmos a living hell as bosses the heroes will have to confront?

Would combat still revolve on the combat triangles of the FE games, as it basically works like rock, paper, scissors, only with swords trump axes, lances outreach swords, and axes destroy lances, with special equipment reversing the order. Magic works similarly; dark trumps anima (elemental), holy outweighs darkness, and anima is more effective against holy? Of course, Final Fantasy usually has a wider variety of weapons and skills, such as guns, daggers, ranged staves and rods, martial arts, ninjutsu, and even fusion weapons like gunblades that provide ranged and melee attacks on a whim. Not to mention that both bring magic that work differently than the other's. FE brings more dark and holy magic to the table, with FF brings more status ailment/improvement spells to the table.

I'm willing to help kind of set something up, if you want; I can even make one of my characters the reason why the twisted, combined world exists as it does, and the heroes of both realms are attempting to fix it? I mean... having a plot would help indefinitely when it comes to setting up a story where people may show interest, right? If you don't have much, try to think of how you can go about to make the idea appealing to others; I'm sure the site has plenty of FF fans, as well as plenty FE fans. Having a crossover RP can go hand-in-hand, would make it seem more stable to have some grounds to walk on, get an idea of what is going on. After all, looking at novels, all of them have things in common; a world, characters that live in that world, a plot that makes the stories of those characters known, a villain(s)/antagonist(s) or some kind of negative force that hinders the protagonist(s) progress, and a goal for those characters to reach. Twists, turns, and surprises help keep things interesting, naturally. :)

Alura--x--Uneii said:
I'll that out if I even want to bother with this anymore....people must really hate the idea, if it's not pokemon/ digimon any other canon based rp flops on here.

I just assumed it was Yuri-only and that kind of turn me away of it.

Also the fact I don't know much about FE (The first game of it i have actually played more than 2 minutes is Fates) but that's another can of worms

Such things happen often. xD So, we're in a position of making a plot of some kind, and of course, the characters included in set RP. Now, I would assume all characters that hold a role in their games would have some kind of role here. That... would be a huge cast. On average, FE has a cast of allied characters that can go upwards to about 30+ in just the main story, though this does not include post-game/DLC characters (usually bosses you face in the main story or from other FE games) one can acquire, which could potentially spike the number to around 40-50, maybe 60, depending on the game (and yes, they ALL have names and a role of some kind). This also comes without saying that after a certain chapter, or the option that characters leave the battlefield heavily, but not fatally, wounded is set to off, characters in FE, if one plays a bit too recklessly, can die permanently, and cannot be used again after they fall.

Final Fantasy has parties of 4-9, depending on the game (tactics was an army game, so could have an army of 30 characters, tops), and if they fall in combat, a Phoenix Down (or Phoenix Pinion and/or Life/Revive spells) can be used by a comrade to revive those characters, albeit with low stamina.

Both do have class systems of some kind, but there are different ways of doing it. Promoting a character in FE requires a 'Seal' item of some kind, unless they are a Trainee-rank character. I don't know how it works in DS titles and beyond, but to say the least, it requires a special item to promote a character to the top tier class, a specific kind, though, depending on the current class (Knights require 'Knight Seals' in order to promote into Heavy Knight or General, for example. 'Master Seal''s, rare as they are, allow the promotion of any unit as long as the requirement is met). However, characters could only attack or heal, depending on the class, and on occasion, have an undodgable, unblockable critical attack that deals triple base damage that can usually 1HKO foes (think of Marth's 'Critical Hit' final smash in brawl). Relationships with certain characters help improve their latent abilities if they were close to one another, ranging from offensive to defensive in nature, and usually improves critical rate with those characters as well.

Final Fantasy required specific training in one or multiple classes to a certain degree in order to promote to other classes, though sometimes, other conditions, such as acquiring crystal fragments or awakening crystals, often allow class changes. FFI required a badge of courage to be shown to Bahamut in order to promote into better classes. Otherwise, from FF6 onwards, you could effectively customize magic or physical output with all characters, depending on the gear equipped. FF6 with Magicite, 7 with Materia, 8 with Guardian Forces and the augment system, and 13 with the crystarium/paradigm shift customization. Some games, however, kind of keep the characters to a single class, and pieces of equipment help give them new powers, abilities, and passive skills instead, and get powerful 'limit' commands or new combat forms like Trance from constant beatings from baddies, which may give access to new powers and abilities that cannot be accessed normally.

I do apologize if I'm making this sound more complicated than it should... but, mostly, I'm also trying to help kind of explain how things work between games to help those who may not know so they will have a general understanding, the differences they yield, and how one could attempt to blend them both in the RP. That, or remove one system and stick with the other, idk. As this RP is blending both the worlds into one; maybe some rules of FF remain, while some rules of FE remain. Though, FE does run on an army system, whereas FF usually works on a party system (some FF games, like Tactics and the MMOs, to a degree, go the army path). Other than that, this is not my RP; I'm just providing info for Alura so they may figure something out with the possibilities and points I have listed.

Well, we have a few people interested in it so far anyways, if mostly for the Final Fantasy aspect of it. I can fill in for the FE parts, or as I said in an earlier response, could play a role from both. I'm not new when it comes to RPing as multiple characters; just means I have to type up more to compensate. :) Just wonder how many more people will express their interest in the idea.

So I see it's been a while since this was updated, but I felt I should throw my interest in. I've played several FF games, but I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan. It'd be quite interesting to me to see how this could play out. I could help add in the FE knowledge as needed plus it'd give a few more characters from that series. As for the plot of the story, might I suggest using the Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced version of Ivalice? That's a place where people can be dragged in from other worlds. And it would give the cast a simple goal of getting back home while investigating the world. Just my initial thoughts anyway.

Back
Top Bottom