Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shower Rockstar

As a vocalist, I'm always singing in the shower. Sometimes idly with songs that are just stuck in my head, and sometimes on purpose. The humidity and warm air is actually good for relaxing and warming up the vocal cords.

If I have to be up early for a rehearsal or I have to sing early, I start with deep breaths in the shower to get some slight vibration going through the muscle, and then I move on to gentle warm-ups. Usually ascending scales first, and then descending scales, and then some vocal agility exercises. It's easier to hear the accuracy of melismas, riffs and runs when singing in the shower. Sometimes I work on extending into my whistle register, but I usually don't do that until later in the day simply because it's a workout for the vocal cords, and not really something that should be done without having fully warmed up the voice.

If I'm not actively working on vocal technique, I'm usually singing along to whatever song that comes up on whatever playlist I put on. There's usually a lot of 80s rock, 90s boybands, and Beyonce, haha.

That's really interesting. I didn't know about that, 'mella. ^.^ Well, now I don't feel so embarrassed for singing in my own shower, lol. Just using the steam and heat for a good cause!

The shower is my stage and I become a delightful siren that calls on your death.

The only problem is that I sound like a cat thrown in the dryer soooo... My husband probably wishes I wouldn't sing.

Back
Top Bottom