Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Afraid of the Dark

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
Are you afraid of the dark? Have you ever been scared of the dark? When, and what made you realize you weren't scared anymore?

Yes.

I have been terrified of the dark since I was a very young child and most of my fears stem from the fact that my family (both sides) have a very deep love for horror movies and 0 concept of what is "okay" for a child to watch.

I grew up watching Pumpkinhead, Alien, Tremors, Blade, Arachnophobia... You get the idea.

After a while for a kid the "fiction" part of it kinda sounds close to reality so you put stock in what happens, especially when your grandparents let you watch a movie just so you'll sleep with your parent out of fear and wet the bed. (In hindsight, this was absolutely fucking brilliant.)

I am still terrified of the dark. I feel better when my husband is around because he kinda keeps me grounded and not so crazy but I still have moments when I'm borderline freaking out in dark rooms. I don't even leave my house after dark without a mega heavy duty flashlight.

I am quoting my post from the thread "What Scares You". :p It covers up my fear of darkness.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
-snip-

Then, I also have that fear of the dark, which I outgrew. Back then, I see... things. Or maybe I imagined them. Now, the fear of the dark is only because I can't see my way through and bump into things. If I can see in the dark (i.e. not so dark), it does not scare me anymore. In fact, I now prefer to sleep in total darkness rather than having a night light which I used to.

[size=-2]When I was a child, I used to be scared of the dark, due to horror movies I watched and an over active imagination. However those are long gone. I now embrace the dark and have even learned to travel in complete darkness and yes it can be done. [/size]

Back
Top Bottom