Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Lunetta & Edward Thatch) Matchmaking of a Dragon

o-Lunetta-o

Planetoid
It was a routine day in the village. The frost of the winter was beginning to thaw, much to the relief of the residents of the Haber Village. It promised new life to the land, the prequel to spring and the abundance of harvest and lovely weather. The dreary winter will be long forgotten and replaced with the promise of fairer weather. The village was mostly self sustaining, with a population of around one hundred people and nestled within a forest of towering trees, save for the field in which crops were grown. The villagers had grown accustomed to building their homes with the forest, not against it, for they held a deep rooted love of nature, something famously known to these people.

Among the villagers making her rounds during a brisk morning was none other than Adeline Dressen. She was running errands for her host and employer, Madame Lauvre, who ran the local business of matchmaker of the village. One never considered such a profession to be needed, but it was her life's work to match individuals to the best of her ability based on multiple characteristics. Adeline was learning the fairly new trade as best as possible, admiring her employer for her ability to match the most undesirable person, she claims that there is someone for everyone, no matter what. The mantra was engrained in the young woman of twenty since she first met Madame Lauvre at the age of fifteen, who had been taken in as an apprentice when her parents wished for her to do something other than marry at such a tender age.

She lived with Madame Lauvre and within the village of Haber, admitting she loved it more than her own hometown. The peacefulness of it was pleasant to her, especially after the crowded, dirty aspect of the city she had been born in. Her mother always told her she was far too fair to live in such an ugly town. The recollection was enough to make her smile. There was no denial that she missed her parents, and her siblings. She wrote to them as frequent as she could, but correspondence took quite a while to reach her, and usually letters came all at once rather than a staggered fashion.

The raven haired young woman always appreciated the route her parents took, for many others weren't as fortunate as her. While her employer could be quite tough, she sincerely couldn't complain about her living situation. Her eyes shifted to the note scrawled in her quick handwriting with what her employer had requested she fetch, her arms looped in baskets filled to the brim with fresh rolls, cut flowers, and soaps. necessities for the shop. Adeline paid little attention to where she walked, hazel eyes engrossed in her list of errands.

b19cbab1601d3932798037a82a9836ae.jpg

Ansgar sat in his cave and looked out over the valley he protected. The villages hadn't needed him for a very long time. It had been what 50 or 60 years since he had even been down to the village just to look around? He stretched out and curled his tail around himself and laid his head on it. He let a waft of smoke escape his nostril. Finally he made a snap decision and shifted to his “human” form. He stood 6'7” with golden blonde hair and beard, broad shoulders, very well muscled. His skin was bronzed. He was a dragon, a gold dragon so of course he was gorgeous in any form he took. He had two traits he could never hide regardless of his form. His eyes were always the orbs of molten deep dark gold and his always had to characteristic gold dragon odor of incense and saffron.

As he walked down to the village he took in the changes in the decades since he'd been here. Then path was better and more permanent. More of the land was cleared and more fields for the planting. There were more people. The hand better, or at least more permanent possessions and housing. They seemed if not prosperous, certainly not in want. He was proud his these people, and sure he often thought of them as his people, though almost none of then recognized him or even knew he existed. Many of those that knew of him believed he as noting more than a myth, a legend, a story to tell around the hearth at night. That was fine by him. He neither needed nor wanted their adoration or love. It could become quite tiring.

He walked through town and now he saw the handful of eyes that recognized him. The universal shock, second look and whispered conversations. They were the old. The truly old. Men and women in their 70's and 80's if not older. It was watching them that caused him to bump into the young lady. He recoiled from the unexpected contact. But he then canted his head and studied the you woman. Pretty, in a human way, and over loaded with packages. Perhaps a human would have said something. Perhaps a human would have offered to help her carry her packages. But he was not human, he was a dragon and would nod deign to be the first to speak or offer apology and certainly not lower himself to be a beast of burden. So with head canted he just stared at her studying her like an oddity, in silence.

Adeline had been so enveloped in herself that she didn't notice the gentleman in front of her until it was much too late. She collided with the sturdy fellow, exhaling a soft 'oomph', stumbling back slightly. Her lack of poise in that moment caused a few of her items to fall out, but she quickly forwent them in order to apologize to the man. "I'm so terribly sorry, sir!" she exclaimed, touching the side of her face in embarrassment, her cheeks heating up a bit. Her eyes lifted to meet the stranger's only to find herself a bit of a loss for words.

Truthfully, he was unlike anything she's ever seen before. She wasn't one to be smitten with a man's looks, but he was very unique looking for these parts. He practically radiated the color gold, from his hair to his eyes. The villagers, at least the elder ones stopped their errands and stared in a mixture of disbelief and surprise. It has been such a long time since Ansgar ventured into the village, that they weren't sure how his temper may be after time apart. Yet, Adeline always thought the best of people. She exhaled a soft laugh to lighten the situation, "I am so clumsy, I should really be more careful," she added, crouching to pick up what she had dropped, fitting them into the basket.

Adeline looked up before she rose to finally stand in front of him. Even his figure was imposing, he was so tall! "You aren't familiar, what brings you to these parts?" she asked curiously, hoping to make conversation. He didn't seem like a traveler, they usually carried belongings with them, or at least a horse.

Her fluster response amused him. Not because she was flustered, but because it was such a human trait. Human were do expressive and easily flustered. He raked her up and down again with his eyes. Yes, very pretty in that human way. He smiled a smile that was like the sun breaking from behind the darkened clouds of a stormy day. He liquid, molten gold of his eyes swam and swirled as he regarded her and considered her question. In a deep rich baritone that she could almost imagine the air shimmer with, “Oh, I am not a stranger here. I have lived up in the mountain for a very very long time.” With a little disgruntled expression at admitting any error on his part. “I was not entirely you fault. I, myself, was distracted by how very much the village has changed since the last time I came down for a visit. My name is Ansgar.” He nodded his head to her.

Looking at her with a grin. “I think I would like to spend some time with you to talk and reacquaint myself with things down here. Would you like that? We can take a meal, as I recall the local tavern has a passable ale.” He smiled that smile again and waited her answer.

Adeline blinked a bit when her responded. He lived in the mountains? She never fully explored that portion of land, it was considered sacred to the villagers here so she never trespassed that area. She wondered if he was a man of importance and began to wonder if she should be more respectful and address him appropriately. The young woman hoped he wouldn't be offended in her not knowing who he was. "I do apologize Ansgar. I am Adeline," she introduced with a nod and slight curtsey. He treated her respectfully and without contempt, which certainly was a plus in her eyes.

Her hazel met his incredible gaze, admiring the loveliness of his eyes once again. "Oh," she responded, surprised by his offer. "I would very much like that... but first, I must return home to drop these items off. Shall I meet you at the tavern in afterwards?" she asked, returning his smile.

He smirked and offered to walk her, though he suspected she would refuse the offer. Smiling he suggested, “Tell you mistress you are meeting Ansgar from the mountain for drinks. I am certain she will tell you to take all the time you want. She'll likely give you the rest of the day and night off at the very least.” He nodded to her again, turning, sure she was not interested in a virtual stranger walking her to her mistress' shop. He began to step away and stopped, “What would you like me to order for you at the tavern? I must admit it has been a very long time since I've eaten such.. mundane fare.” He smirked thing of the last time he'd eaten regular food. It was the last time he had been in this village. Like all Gold Dragons he subsisted by dinning on gems and precious metals. He smirked, “Adeline... It has been a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to spending some time with you later. I will wait with baited breath.” He made the last comment knowing she would not get the double meaning, and he chuckles. Though he does wait for her to answer if he wanted her to walk her or to, as he guessed just meet him there.

Adeline felt very naive in not knowing just who exactly he was, but he didn't seem the least bothered by the fact of the matter. It eased any trepidation she felt, the kindness in him was undeniable. "If you insist, Ansgar. I will inform her," she replied with almost a playful mirth. 'But I fear she will have no idea who you are...' she thought to herself before she snapped out of her momentary daze to ponder what she wanted to eat. In running around, accomplishing errands, she failed to stop by for anything to eat, not even a small snack to hold her off until her next meal. The thought of food was enough to make her stomach growl, which she clutched a bit in embarrassment.

"I do love the tavern's honey ale and market fowl," she informed with a slight smile. "I shan't be too long," Adeline reassured before waving off slightly. With her promise, she quickened her step back to the shop, a little faster than her normal pace warranted. Upon arriving, Madame Lauvre was reviewing a few documents, her spectacles riding low on her nose.

"I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten lost," Madame Lauvre spoke, her typical sarcastic tone.

"I apologize, Madame, a gentleman had kept me occupied..."

The mention of a man caused her Mistress' eyes to lift, sapphire blue in color and with such intensity. "Oh?"

"His name is Ansgar."

Her Mistress stilled, eyes widening a fraction which caused Adeline to blink and focus on putting away the day's purchases. "He said you would know of him... He practically radiates the color gold. Very tall as well."

"He's returned?" Lauvre finally squeaked, mouth agape in disbelief. "And you are dining with him tonight?"

Adeline didn't see what the fuss was about, "Yes Madame. He had asked after I had knocked into him."

Lauvre stood, and turned her apprentice to face her. Adeline was an honest woman, not one to weave and fabricate lies or fables. "Now excuse me, Madame, I must get going."

She quickly changed out her gown for a cleaner one, drawing on a cloak to ward off the chill that settled during the night. She headed for the tavern.

As he sat waiting for the girl, he enjoyed a few drinks. The younger humans just gave him odd looks. A few oldsters came and greeted him warmly, if cautiously. Some even demanding the right to by him a drink. He laughed and enjoyed the camaraderie. It had been decades since he'd socialized after all. He sat and with a finger nail extended to a claw he started doodling on the table top. The bar owner, a middle age woman had noticed and at first was irate and started to him to say something, till one old man grabbed her by the arm and whispered in her ear and she surprised look told the story. Though having grown up in the village and hearing the stories she still never really believed. Now she was faced with proof.

He sat and easily conversed with the oldsters and the young. Though he made a sort of game of not giving is identity away to the younger ones. I was too enjoyable to see them react and interact with him without all the mythos that had surrounded him. He did not know or really care if they were told who he was after he left. He just enjoyed the moment. There were a few questions about having been seen with the matchmaker's appreciate earlier and he had been joking asked by one of the oldsters if she had become his chosen “sacrificial maiden”. They both laughed. Of course it was only chromatic dragons who did such wicked things but the stories tainted even the metallics. HIS people knew better so he knew the joke was just that teasing humor. He retorted good naturedly, “Why, do you think I need appeasement and do you think she would be an … enjoyable sacrifice?” It was into the uproar of laughter and banter of this exchange that Adeline walked.

He looked up and saw her. He noticed she had changed. A small thing, very human, but it pleased him that she thought enough of a causal meal to do so. He waved her over and motioned to the owner, who had been watching, to send the meal out. The meal arrived at the table at the same time Adeline did. The tavern owner said, “Anything else you wish, protector, you have only to ask...” He looked at her with a mix of pleased acceptance and annoyance she had let even that much slip before the girl. Looking to Adeline he said, “Please, child sit and enjoy. How did your talk with the matchmaker go?”

Adeline walked briskly, taking the familiar route to the tavern. She didn't frequent the tavern too often, but she did occasionally on special occasions. While she walked, she giggled softly to herself, would she deem this a special occasion? Madame Lauvre hadn't given her a reason as to why she reveled in the fact that she had met Ansgar... apparently he was well known in these parts by a certain demographic. Rather than dwell on it, she simply focused on heading to her destination. Pushing open the oak door, she was greeted by the warmth and firelight of the tavern, the scent of foot, the murmur of chatter, and there he was. In his golden glory.

Adeline beamed a bit at her new acquaintance, "Ansgar, we meet again," she couldn't help but tease before nodding her head at the tavern owner. "Edgar," she greeted, curious as to why he revered the man across from her. Adeline felt her mouth water, the food smelling just as wonderful as she remembered it. "I appreciate the meal," she inquired, a bright smile on her face. She giggled softly at his question, "Don't fret, I put in the good word for you," Adeline couldn't help but tease before she took a sip of her ale, cool and crisp.

"So, Ansgar. You must've accomplished quite the feat, it hasn't gone unnoticed that everyone treats you with great importance."

He laughed at her no so subtle probing. Not in a mean way, but a congenial way. “I may have a reputation from a very very long time ago. I am much older than I look. It really had been a very long time since I've been to the village. Since before your parents and maybe your grandparents were born.” He smiled at her satisfied with the hint he dropped and wondering if she'd figured it out. He'd learned she was not native to the village so she would not have grown up with the legends and myths concerning him. But one could never know what she might have picked up living here. “Yes, I have lived up on the mountain comepletely alone for decades and decided it was time for some company so I came down.” He smiled at her like the sun breaking through the clouds of a dark storm. “I understand you are not from here, Adeline. Tell me about yourself.” he prompted.

Adeline dug into her food, unable to hold back, yet Ansgar captured her full attention as he spoke. She chewed thoughtfully, finding she enjoyed his smile tremendously, it was almost infectious. A slim brow arched as he indulged her on a bit about himself, that he was very old, lived for a long time a top of a mountain and some of the village elders know who he was. Adeline slowed her chewing, swallowing before she leaned back staring at him for a bit. "You see, I only recently moved to live here. I had the opportunity to learn a trade and I took it, with my parents' blessing, which is unheard of where I am from. For a woman to venture on her own to a new town is highly unusual."

She took a sip of her ale. "I live with Madame Lauvre. She is a good mistress, tough at times, but she treats me well. I have a family in a few towns over, both parents, an older sister and two brothers. I send them correspondence whenever possible. I do miss them, but I have enjoyed my life here."

"What of you Ansgar?"

He smiled at her again. He thought ponderously about his answer and a very undragon like mood struck him. “You know, I could take your correspondences there a lot faster than they go now.” Smiling impishly, “And if you were asked convincingly enough, I could even take you there for visits, though I think that will have to wait till you figure out who I am.” He also decided to drop some hints. He was loving this game entirely too much and he knew it. “I remember a time, a few centuries ago, when women were ever bit as free to go and come and do as they wish as men were. But times chance and you humans change. It is the nature of things.” He smiled at her again. He knew she'd ask around and find out who, what he was when he left if she did not figure it out sooner, but he truly enjoyed this cat and mouse with her.

He watched her enjoy her meal. He didn't need to eat. He'd eaten an wonderful fat blemish-less pearl a few days before and was still quite stated. He did, however have a small meal before him to be sociable. Damn spending time with humans, the pretty little girl in particular was bringing out the must undragon like traits in him. Surprisingly he enjoyed it though. It was a very odd realization. He knew the silence had dragged out too long and so to make small talk asked, “So, how does this matchmaker business work? I must admit I have never used one and never knew any who have.”

Adeline gazed at him, slightly confused a total stranger would take up the offer of taking her correspondence to her family... heck even bring her! She wondered what mode of transportation he was referring to, she hadn't seen him with a steed, and how would he be any quicker than the mail carrier in that case? She considered there was more than meets the eye in this case, that this man was no simple man and she was in the presence of someone great and revered. "Indeed, time does change... It's kind of you to make such an offer, but I wonder just how you would accomplish that? I didn't see you come in with a horse."

Whether he would indulge her on what seemed like a secret was up to him.

She was halfway through her meal, trying to pace herself. At first, she found it peculiar that he wasn't eating with her, and felt out of place being the only one to, but decided to help herself anyway. "Oh, well, Madame Lauvre created the business when she was young. At first she aided close friends and family looking to find a significant other, and her advice worked. So she decided to make a business out of it and it has been successful. Basically, a man or woman may approach her, and offer to be put on her registrar of individuals currently seeking a partner. She will match them based on a number of things, such as family values, activities they enjoyed, etc.

You may think of it slightly silly... I did at first, but it is very legitimate. If you would like for us to work for you, all you would need to do is ask." Adeline mentioned with a smile.

He was so enjoying her company and the easy, playful back and forth with her he answered before thinking, “I'd fly of course. Only you humans need other creatures to travel.” He frowned at his slip. Maybe it won't have been too much of a slip to give it away to quickly, but if it was, well watching her reaction could be just as fun. “Oh, yes, humans do change a lot. The centuries come and the centuries go and humans change. It is the nature of things.”

He gave her another smile like the unveiling of a radiant gem from under a jewelers cloth. “It does sound useful, what you do, but completely foreign to me all the same.” He looked at her with an impish grin. “So, what child? Do you think I am in need of your ministrations? And just how would you match me? With whom do you see a being like me matched.” Looking at her smoky look. “I certainly have ideas.” He smirked. “So, tell me matchmaker, what are your thoughts? Sale me on your services.” He teased.

Adeline had been taking a sip of her ale when he mentioned he would fly. She almost choked on her drink, coughing a bit to clear her throat as she blinked, looking at him. Wiping her mouth, she gazed at him almost incredulously. "Fly? May you sprout wings at a moments noticed?" she inquired, have serious, half joking. He was not a normal human, that much she could ascertain. But she couldn't point what he was, and wasn't sure if she should outright ask him or allow him to inform her at his own pace.

He kept calling her child. She wondered how old he was. "Well.. if you are searching to find a significant other to spend the rest of your life with, I can offer my services," she inquired, giving a look of pride. "You need someone worldly. Educated, beautiful. Now, I know you are no human from the way you addressed me and described yourself, but I would probably search for someone that isn't human..."

With a moue on his face he said, “Yes, fly. I, in my true form have glorious wings.” He considered for a long long moment and shook his head. He also noted her slight reaction whenever he called her child so by way of explanation he offered, “I'm sorry if calling you child bothers you, but you have what? Twenty years? This coming string I will be 1257 years old. I am a Great Wyrm.” He sighed with a mournful and longingly expression as if remembering his passing years. Looking at her again, “I have mated mostly with human and elven women in the past. Your intelligence and vitality has always attracted me. Besides, were I to mate again,” he gave her another smoky look, “I do have a type and am prone to quick decisions.” Looking away from her for a long moment and back. “As much as I have enjoyed our little game, I find it is now growing wearisome. I am a dragon, Adeline. A Gold Dragon.” He said it as nonchalantly as if saying he as chilled or thirsty. “He raised two fingers to the tavern owner to indicate he was two more drinks. He waited for her reaction. He waited to see what she would say or do.

Adeline still as he so casually mentioned that he could fly utilizing his wings. She simply sat and stared at him for a while, a look of confusion and almost uncertainty crossed her lovely countenance at his admission. He? Fly? It almost seemed like a gag to her, but he seemed very serious about it, even more serious than when he told her his age. Any other person may have been totally skeptical, but she believed he wouldn't lie to her, so she believed him. "You certainly have the experience over me, I'll give you that." Her voice fell silent as he finally enlightened her on just what he was, a dragon.

She had read of their existence, many of the elders have seen them, but she has never witnessed one in person. Her gaze never wavered from him as she took in his physical appearance. A gold dragon... no wonder he practically radiated the color and wore it so eloquently. "No wonder you have lived so long," Adeline insisted, chuckling softly, "Wow! A real dragon! You are the first I've ever met," she gushed a bit, leaning forward with her chin in her open palms. "What has kept you away from the village for so long?"

He was pleased at her ready acceptance without demands of “proof”. That was always so tiring. Really, if she saw him in his true form dragon fear would grip her for as least 30 seconds. But her ready acceptance and clear enjoyment of this form pleased him. Laughing he said, “Yes, well, Great Wyrm, I'm old even for a dragon, though the age or power categories stop at Great Wyrm I don't believe there is a natural cap to length of our lives though. But yes a real dragon. And very few humans have ever met a dragon, and certainly many fewer knew they were meeting a dragon at the time.” He considered her next question a minute. “When you are as old as I am time flows … differently. A decade feels more like what I imagine a week feels like to you. I've just been feeling a bit antisocial since my last mate's passing.” Shaking off that spectre he tried for a subject change. “So, matchmaker, how would you find me a new mate? Who would you look to?” He was teasing her, but with a dead pan seriousness that was easy to confuse with seriousness.

Adeline finished her meal, feeling incredibly satiated with it. She appreciated the refill of ale, wanting an excuse to not end the evening just yet. She realized that this could easily be considered an outing for the both of them, two total strangers that had just met not too long ago. Life was humorous. She had intended simply to retire for the night, commit to some of her own personal errands, but here she was, conversing with a dragon of all things. Life indeed was funny.

She had been in the process of taking a sip of her ale when Ansgar admitted what had influenced his isolation, and she felt a twinge of sadness for his loss. She could only imagine that living so long had it's drawbacks, the ones you loved around you weren't so fortunate to live so long... at least the individuals you found yourself interested. Adeline wondered why he found interest in humans, they weren't well known for living incredibly long. It was as if he was setting himself up for sadness. "My condolences. I could only imagine how it feels to lose a significant other." A silence settled, not wanting to dwell on the sadness for his sake, since he's done plenty of it on his own, she responded to his proceeding question.

"Well, I would ask what in particular draws you to a potential mate?" she asked curiously, smiling slightly. "Personalities, appearances, the like."

He enjoyed watching her take pleasure in her meal. Such a simple thing. He smiled broader at her pleased tasted of the ale. The smile did not leave his lips as she mentioned his lose, a momentary sadness clouded his eyes though. He waved it off. “It was a very long time ago. We had a good long life together. Well, long for a human anyway.” Considering for a moment he added, “I mean there is still the occasional twinge in my heart at the thought or her, just as all the rest. But one learns to expect such things when one feels drawn to a human. But we had a good life together, decades. She was about your age when we began our courtship. I am satisfied that I gave her a joy filled and happy life.”

He remained quite awhile until her next question. It was an expected but still odd question for him to answer. “Well, clearly I feel drawn to humans for some reason. I think its the vitality and urgency that your short lives gives you. Your lust and hunger for life thrills me.” Thanking some more he continued, “Some might think it was beauty, but though all my mates have been unparalleled beauties, rather like yourself, as a nonhumanoid it is more a pleasant bonus to me than a thing seek out. A sharp mind, strong spirit, openness and ease and loyalty are the key draws for me. I must admit, I am rather taken with you for all those same qualities I see in you.” He winked at her and gave her another heart warming, beaming smiles. “I hope that tells you what I want and seek.”

Adeline nodded in understanding, it was sensible for one to miss a loved one and occasionally think of them, even long after they've past. Those that usually suffered during a loss were the ones left behind. She found it of interest that Ansgar had found his mate at around her age, and she easily discerned he liked females roughly her age, at least human ones. "As long as you two were happy, I believe that is what is important. It's common for anyone, man or dragon in this case, to feel sadness over a sense of loss... no matter how long ago it may be. "

She stroked the cup of ale in her palms, listening quietly as he mentioned his fondness for humans. Adeline could see how part of it was appealing to him, but perhaps seeing a mate that could possible live long enough for him was better? Yet, there was nothing wrong with his method... other than the fact he will be outliving all his future humans at this rate. Adeline looked into his eyes when he mentioned the last bit, finding herself blushing a bit in response before she distracted herself with a drink. "Well, I believe you've given me sufficient enough information on your tastes," she inquired with a soft smile. "I do appreciate the meal tonight, and your company."

He smiled at her reactions and responses to him. He especially enjoyed her blush. He began, “See, unless I mate another dragon, and we are a bit territorial you understand, I will out live any mate I take. Why not enjoy the company of the very sort I thrill in the most.” Then he started at her sudden thanks for the meal and company as if she were ready to run off, so early into the evening. “What? Tired of my company already? You haven't even allowed me the chance to invite you to come and see my caves and hoard.” He grinned at her playfully.

Adeline couldn't help but grin a bit at his words. So, humans it is. Now to find one that wouldn't be intimidated by a dragon, whether in human or his true form. She pondered what he looked like in his full fledged form and imagined it simply looked magnificent. She was feeling the affects of the second tankard of ale, she was quite the lightweight after all. "But Ansgar, we've only just met," she returned his playful tease, surprised by her own forwardness. She blamed the lower of inhibitions, that must be it. "Believe me, I am not retiring from the night just yet... so you may ask if you wish. I am sure it's been a while since you've had company."

What in the seven heaven's was in this ale?!

Flirting was no typical of Adeline, her innocence was her charm, her kindness.

He smiled at her and leaned forward letting a steamy breath of air escape his internal furnace he asks in a near sing song whisper... “So, Adeline, would you like me to carry you to go see my horde?” For good measure he focused a feather light brush of steam up the full column of her neck following her jugular to be sure and tickle the underlying nerve. He removed a gold coin, many times what the meal was worth and dropped on the table top and simply arched an eyebrow at her with his head canted toward the door and a mischievous grin on his face.

((Ta Da, back from hurricane troubles))

(Welcome back!)

Adeline couldn't resist staring into his eyes, they were breathtaking, unlike any hue she's ever seen before. She felt her cheeks flush, a mixture of her choice in beverage and the flirtatious dragon. She normally wasn't very reactive to the advances of men, especially considering the business she was in, but she was captivated with him... she couldn't help it.

The steam of breath toyed with the sensitive skin of her neck, causing a subconscious shiver to coarse down her spine. "I..." she felt nervous, excited. Her heart thrummed, "I think that'd be a little forward," she teased, taking the last sip of her drink. "Perhaps another day, I have an early day tomorrow."

Back
Top Bottom