Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A List of Bad Ideas

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
This isn't the patent office, this is the opposite. This is the place where you list those ideas, business, products, or otherwise, that are not good, and possibly even bad.

I have these all the time. So many things that I'm glad I didn't invest in because I would lose tons of money.

Like, I wanted to open a grocery store called Ice Saver, where everything is cooled to freezing temperatures and there's nothing but aisles and aisles of coolers. There's the ice cream aisle, the frozen dinner aisle, the chilled drinks aisle, dairy, etc. Every brand and every flavor of ice cream that might be exclusive to certain areas is available here. All those flavors of the PF Chang's that only the really far away store carries? We'd carry all of them and more. But there's a bit of a twist: the floors are all made of ice too, like a skating rink, and you have to get fitted in the foyer with skates(or bring your own).

Or how about the Closet Window? Ever wish you could see if you have a certain pair of shoes or if there's a murderer lying in wait for you before even opening the closet door? Well, now you call my company and we'll install a window in your wall so you can see into your closet!

You know those books like "1,000 knock knock jokes"? I want to make a series of books called "200 pickup lines". Book 1 would have every single pickup line ending in "I wanna turn you on." Once we get through all the electronics and gadget metaphors, it'd start getting a bit more abstract with things like, "If you were a fish on my rod, I'd wanna turn you on." Book 2 would be full of confused metaphors and innuendos, where we don't really know the sexual context that is being aimed for, like "If you were a porch, I'd walk all over you." Book 3 would be a twist called "200 breakup lines" where we just copy Book 2 completely except put in words like "Don't want to" and "not" to make the phrases negative.

I can't be the only one bursting with these terrible ideas. Come share yours!
(acknowledges that I'll likely be posting in here a lot and alone).
Also please stay away from mentioning fetishes or role-play ideas, since we are on a very open-minded rp forum and that kind of negative bias can hit a little too close to home for some people. No drama! :p

Frozen green beans that come in a bag the size of a large dog food bag. ...Because sometimes those ones you get from the grocery store aren't big enough.

Glass baseballs. It'd go along with a game called Shard Ball. They're easy to break and when pitched and hit with the bat, they usually get shards of glass into the players faces and bodies. The point of the game is to play baseball regular but whoever passes out from blood loss first loses.

Thought of a bad idea for a movie. It would be a 9/11 movie with the planes flying into the buildings. Yes, bad idea. To make it worse, the movie will be a musical. And to really make it bad ... the lead actor of the movie would be Kristen Stewart.

That is a bad idea, bad girl! XD Good one! Er...bad one! :D

A game called Icky Thumb. Where in order to play, you have a toothpick with different colored stripes on it and each color represents a different amount of points. And then you go find someone else with another toothpick and you challenge them. Then you stick the point of the toothpick under your toenail and kick the wall. Whoever gets the farthest on the color stripes, wins the round.

I thought of a contraption that is basically a penis with flapping wings on it. And you fill it with watery paint and control it by remote control, going around spraying people. There is also one where you can put fro-yo inside it and try to aim for your own mouth to eat a delicious treat! But there's a fault with the manufacturers where if you buy a Dickopter and use the paints in it, you cannot use the same Dickopter for the fro-yo. For health reasons.

In all reality, with the exception of the ice floor, I would love that store Quin.

Now, my idea is a pet store that doesn't have the traditional pets, but the large and the exotic like zebra, tigers, lions, gorilla, panthers, ect. You can buy your exotic animal licenses right there in the store.

In the long sad history of bad ideas...most of my terrifying flops were, thankfully, contained to the realm of rp back in my beginning days. XP I'm not even going to bother going there as I have effectively blocked that part of my memory. >>

Now as far as bad ideas in real life.......

Whatever you do....NEVER mix Chinese and Spicy Italian Food IN THE SAME MEAL....you will be living in the bathroom for quite awhile. I remember being VERY creative one night with cooking...the result being my ex and I literally shoving one another out of the way to reach the bathroom. -headdesk-

Another BAD idea....NEVER drive your SUV through a cornfield that has YET TO BE CUT in order to get around a traffic accident which literally occurred just in front of you. I was picking corn out of the front grill for a fucking hour alone, not to mention having to crawl under the damn thing and remove all the stalks and shit caught up on the underside of the frame. Running it through the carwash certainly helped but still....stupid idea.

Here is one for you....super hot sauce eating contest! Thing is you are NOT allowed to drink anything at all! Last person to vomit wins! Actually I won such a contest when I was in high school. XD This asshole of a guy brought back a container of exotic hot sauce from his trip to Mexico and was going around making bets with all his buddies and 'tough guys' as to who could withstand the burn the longest. He was an out right dick as were most of the guys involved in the contest. During middle school and the earlier parts of high school [[seeing as this was senior year]] I jumped in on the contest. Being a girl they thought I'd wimp out in one go. Well I sure as hell made them EAT those words! I sat there, drooling worse than a St. Bernard and beat red in the face but I NEVER vomited. The best part was I won 60 bucks! The dying in the bathroom part the following day was so fucking worth it in my opinion.

Also...Rudolph....your dickopter is fucking amazing I would totally buy that! XD Ohhhh man I would get in so much trouble with it too! I'd take it to work and fly it around and shoot water/paint/fro-yo at my co-workers XDDD Thankfully most of them would laugh but I know sure as all hell they'd get me back big time!

Well, there was the time I would like to male every-flavour ice cream- all flavours in one ice cream. Strawberry, mango, chocolate, avocado, vanilla, etc. all in one scoop.

Well, mixing a lot of flavours, it turns out, makes the taste disgusting.

That sounds like it would be a good idea, Asphodel, but I can see it actually back firing that way. I wonder if it would be better to leave more outlandish flavors out of it, like chocolate or caramel and just do all fruit flavors or all "candy" flavors(like fudge, chocolate, vanilla, caramel, marshmallows, cake batter, etc.), if that would improve the chances of it tasting better. Because mixing fruit is what you do for a smoothie, you know? Intuitively, it makes me think it should be good.

Omg! Never! Feral! XD I am a big softy as it is, liking spicey stuff in moderation. It would literally hurt my feelings and traumatize me to have to taste hot sauce alone, let alone something hotter than the orange Red Hot kind. Those videos where they have the raw pepper eating contests make me cringe.

Thank you so much you guys for these good bad ideas! XD Makes me feel not so alone that others have these silly thoughts.

bad girl said:
Thought of roleplaying as a Nazi Camp Guard but I really thought nobody would want to play that out. How about you?

That's actually not a bad idea at all. It is very common for taboo role-plays to sometimes play upon abusive dynamics because it is safe to do so in fiction, where nobody gets hurt. I've actually seen the Nazi thing a lot. That being said, I'd rather not bring up role-play ideas or fetishes as being "bad" ideas because that can be a bit biased towards members who do like those things. I'm talking about silly stuff, stuff that won't work, or stuff that could be dangerous if implemented, you know? Like products, businesses, real life game ideas, movie ideas, stuff like that. :)

Yeah, I actually had a few while in the bath this morning. XD

An alarm clock that goes off an hour later than whatever time you set it for. Like, you intend to get up for work at 5:30 so, you set the alarm for that. It won't go off until 6:30.

Self-tangling headphone wires. They're covered in nanobots and whenever you untangle them, they get retangled. You untangle them and leave the room for one second and come back to the most bizarre, twisty knot in the wires. They even tangle right in front of you, as your pulling at them, screaming, "No! Please no! I just untangled these!" they slowly pull themselves into a knot, ignoring your pleas for mercy.

I hate to throw labels around but...some idiot I knew in high-school actually ate pop-rocks candy and drank a bunch of soda XP He was belching up a storm then threw up. Talk about a very bad idea.

Attempting any type of experimental sexual position without FIRST making sure you know what the hell you are doing let alone in the physical shape to do it. XP NEVER let yourself get talked into this. It wasn't so much me as my ex....moron didn't listen when I kept telling him it would be too much on him but I allowed him to talk me into doing it anyway and needless to say he was very sore for a very long time. I felt like a major jerk afterwards because inevitably I was the reason he ended up hurt despite his instance he could handle it. NEVER GO AGAINST YOUR GUT FEELING!

On a more fantasy based note....

Flying cars. People can barely drive on the ground what makes anyone think its a good idea to allow these assholes up in the air? XP

Back
Top Bottom