Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Owls are Cats With Wings

Feral-Scarab

Planetoid
I'm sure everyone has heard this before, between FaceBook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and so much more...aside from cats and their antics having videos and pictures taken of them all over the place...owls seem to be right up there alongside cats! Owls are just as capable of being adorable as cats AND just as ornery as them too! So why don't we take a moment to compare cats and owls and see just how alike they can truly be? Post all the pictures you can find! Remember to use the spoiler tag if the image stretches the page!

I mean, come on look at this guy he's so adorable and those ear tuffs!

We-need-more-long-eared-owls-on-Aww.jpg

Both are adorable, I see cats as more playful or the lazier of creatures thpugh depending on thier main personality, owls seem more inquistive and observers (think the eyes help). Ideally id love to own both since trying to pick just one is impossible. Both are so soft and strokeable and would make a cute pet either way, also I found this picture which I think shows what I mean
Dawhhhhhh!

Aww that is adorable!^^ Owls are one of my absolute favorite animals. Not only because they have a knack for being cute but under all those adorable feathers they are magnificent predators and masters of the night. Near 100% silent flight from a Barn Owl, the ability to triangulate and pinpoint sounds thanks to the unique design of their ears, one being situated higher than the other on the side of their heads. Incredible night vision, inquisitive personalities....they are certainly a beautiful creature in my opinion.^^

Aren't these two sweet? The one just looks so content laying on the other.

tumblr_m8uznt2Be71rnvqwbo1_500.jpg

I adore cats and owls. Always have. Something about them that remains mysterious. They seem to share an elusive quality that sets them apart from other life forms here on Earth. :heart: :heart:

owl-and-cat-cleo-and-forbi-16.jpg

Nature Girl said:
I adore cats and owls. Always have. Something about them that remains mysterious. They seem to share an elusive quality that sets them apart from other life forms here on Earth. :heart: :heart:

I couldn't agree more Nature Girl^^ There is something ultimately captivating about both cats and owls. Otherwise why would youtube be flooded with so many cat videos? XD Aww those two are cute as can be!

I swear the owl in this picture reminds me of one of my friend's cats. It gives you the literal SAME exact expression when you stop loving on him.

cute-owls-1.jpg

I know, they're irresistible, Feral-Scarab. Love all these great pics and yeah, spend way too much time mesmerized on YouTube ;)

I just had to post this pic, these two look like they are from My Neighbor Totoro!

PAY-Owls.jpg

Lol! And yes....WAYYYYYY to much time spent mesmerized on youtube by cat videos!

Awww....I couldn't open that one! I'll have to rely on my imagination! :)

Just had to post this.....;)

2AB70E4200000578-0-image-a-33_1437480260033.jpg

But Ghost_Kitty already posted it.....:rolleyes:

Nature Girl said:
Awww....I couldn't open that one! I'll have to rely on my imagination! :)

Seriously? Aww! When I click on it the image displays just fine...><

It's a picture of two owlets huddled under a big leaf during a rain shower.^^

That little kitten and owl are so sweet! I want to cuddle both of them.

This image makes me smile so much when I see it XD

Hilariously-Adorable-Owl-Memes-18.jpg

Lol....love those too! My laptop has a life of its own and often refuses to do what I want! :)

Remember this? So cute! ;)

[video=youtube]httphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqmba7npY8g[/video]

Oh yeah I've seen those two before! They are too much XD

-shakes a fist at your laptop in the mean time for being evil-

Hahha! I found this and it cracked me up.

1b5745084a0ffaea28b3b31bb69b0bc5.jpg

I melted into a puddle of goo when I saw this one.

psgfqedp9liyh6kqgs3t.jpg

Just the concept of two radically different species getting along like this boggles the world of science.

That gif is priceless LittleBear! I love the look on the owl's face the best. He comes running to see what the commotion was about, takes a look at the toy then goes over to the person filming and you can just see the literal question on his face. "First off, why did you do that? And second, do you REALLY expect me to pick that up and give it back to you?" Same exact train of thought as a cat when you attempt to play fetch with them. XD

And NatureGirl the owl huddled up in the tree hollow is beyond adorable. Owls certainly squish themselves up just like cats, intent on fitting into impossibly small spaces. The coloration of his feathers goes to show how well the owl blends in with the environment.

I find myself compelled to agree with what this owl is expressing XD

cfba1f24fc7250fffd1f2bf588921b6d.jpg

Considering how territory most owl species can be, this is rather astonishing aside from the fact it's adorable, looks like they are having a sleep over!

CJt0GdKVEAEWMRj.jpg

My favorites are the alien-looking barn owls.

fc5566cc139b9f4dcabadab6bbaeb512.jpg

7669487552_ed2798a85b.jpg

Barn-Owl.jpg

Anybody else remember that freaky owl from Once Upon a Forest?

latest

Also, I'm pretty sure it's a barn owl that represents Jareth in the opening credits of Labyrinth.

I'm gonna have to do a commission soon of an owl and I hope the lady lets me do a barn owl for it. It's just got such a majestic and regal look.

Rudolph Quin said:
Anybody else remember that freaky owl from Once Upon a Forest?

latest

Also, I'm pretty sure it's a barn owl that represents Jareth in the opening credits of Labyrinth.

I'm gonna have to do a commission soon of an owl and I hope the lady lets me do a barn owl for it. It's just got such a majestic and regal look.

I can't believe I forgot that owl! I only watched it once but the owl was very memorable just for the creep factor. That eye of his....

Ahhhhh Labyrinth....so many memories...

A commission of an owl? Ooooooo I really hope you are able to do a barn owl! They might look alien but they are very refined.^^

This is one of my favorite Barn Owl Pictures:

adorable-cute-bird-owl-photographs-pictures-2-800x518.jpg

That is a lovely pic, Feral! Yeah, I'll post a completed pic of the commission when it's done! They do look alien but not in a bad way. Like how high fantasy elves sometimes look alien and beautiful.

Rudolph Quin said:
That is a lovely pic, Feral! Yeah, I'll post a completed pic of the commission when it's done! They do look alien but not in a bad way. Like how high fantasy elves sometimes look alien and beautiful.

I cannot wait to see the picture when it's done^^ Best of luck on the commission! And yes I completely agree, sometimes 'looking alien' isn't bad, more so an exotic fascination for a different perfection of beauty. High Elves and Dark Elves [[Drow for WoW term? Dunmar for Elderscrolls]] are some of the most unique I've seen when it comes to exotic beauty. It's something about the long, thin faces coupled with high cheek bones and sharp eyes.

---

Magic Breeze thank you so much for posting those pictures!^^ That poor owl looks absolutely mortified over the fact it appears he was just given a bath! "Noooooo why! why! why! why did you do this to me?! I trusted you! How could you!" Is the quote I'm imagining for a caption. His eyes are so big you can see the outlined reflection of the person taking the picture of him! Whenever I bathed a cat they gave me the same look if they did not have the nerve to attempt to bite or scratch me. The cat almost looks like he got himself stuck in the box [[looks like a box to me]] and is taken off guard when his owner took a rather embarrassing picture of him in such a situation! XD

article-2117544-123F9EED000005DC-262_966x524.jpg

Apparently owls love perching on bookshelves as much as cats! One of my friend's cats LOVES to lounge around in the bookshelf. Whether sleeping on top of the books if he can squeeze himself into the space or wedging in between the books these owls think along the same line as him. XD Their expressions are priceless in my opinion. Especially the one on the right where it looks like he's sighing in frustration for being disturbed.

Hehehe, right? Poor lil owl. Funny, now I think about it, I don't think about it my cats never tried to scratch me when I gave them baths - they did however flail about with their claws out and clung to anything that came in reach, so I was not safe from scratches. xD They too got a very betrayed look on them over it.
The cat is just like "You're not going to post this, are you?" x3

Oh my gosh those are adorable. And their expressions are so funny. I swear owls must be the most expressive bird ever. Can't think of any other that does as many awesome faces as they do. xD

Asphodel Terrarium - That's awesome! I didn't know that. My heart remains set on japanese and yet every day I am tempted to learn chinese instead. >.<

Lastly, before I am off to bed, here is another.
pQBk42y.jpg
The one at front has such a...brave look on them. "It's ok, I got this." The one behind 'em on the left though just has such a look of concern. "What does it want?" xD The one on the far right just looks annoyed. The one in the middle...looks kind of chill about the whole thing. Just looking straight at the camera, all "sup?".

-bursts out laughing like a complete maniac-

Maybe its the fact I had little sleep coupled with working a very lengthy and grueling work shift today but this picture made me loose my shit when I saw it!

Hilariously-Adorable-Owl-Memes-1.png

Literally this image describes half the people I encounter at my job every damn day. I always do my best to let the bullshit roll of my back and not get upset....now I have something else to picture whenever people get up in my face over something stupid that is out of my personal control. I will picture those people....AS THIS OWL! XD

Oooooooo!~ Those are very beautiful owls Rudolph! I especially love the color of the eyes on the first one let alone how the iris appears to be this vivid mass of nearly electrified lines radiating out from the pupil!

I love how this owl appears so happy just from the angle his head is tilted in relation to the angle of the camera. The way he is looking up and just seems to be smiling not only with his beak but his eyes as well. Reminds me of how a dog or even some cats are so excited to see their owners after being gone all day at work. They come racing to the door and look up at you with this gaze that says "I'm so happy to see you! How was your day?!" This owl is doing the same thing, least when I look at him. It's adorable as fuck.^^

106-bebes-animaux-hyper-craquants-qui-vous-feront-fondre-de-tendresse57.jpg

-Giggle snorts something fierce!- This poor owl! He looks beyond flabbergasted XD "WHA-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I AM NOT A BURRITO! DON'T EAT ME!" Is what I hear every time I look at this picture! What makes this even better is the fact he's wrapped up in a blanket scrap which has cartoon mice on it! It's just too much XDDD

gnlpt6vlopntaawowgql.jpg

Back
Top Bottom