Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shapeshifter You

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
If you had the power to change your appearance(including voice and clothes) at will, what would you do with it? Think, Mystique from X-Men.

No restrictions, your moral code is whatever you want it to be. You have these powers, now what would you do with them?

tumblr_n6dkm6TwcK1qzmkxio7_250.gif

Oh hell yes! Id definately change myself to look more feminine than I do but not full on female conversion. I wouldnt nesscesarily use my power other than maybe changing hair colour aand style each week...same with the clothing as well.

Oooooooo!~

There are SO many things I'd LOVE to change but I have forced myself to retain my excitement at the thought thus managed to provide a simple list:

Height: I am average height for a female of my heritage but am the shortest out of all the cousins. I am only 5ft 7in while the others are 5ft 10in, 6ft 3in and 6ft 6in [[lol Ironically the tallest one is a female! XDDD]] Personally I would LOVE to be as tall as the one cousin at 6ft 6in. The added height would DEFINATELY make the job I have much easier as I wouldn't have to constantly run and grab ladders XP

Weight/Body Type: obviously I'd want my weight to be an appropriate match for my height. But I'd certainly love to get my figure back from prior to falling seriously ill and having my thyroid and other hormones blasted to hell XP No matter how much I work out or what I do where my diet is concerned I hit a certain point and my body refuses to continue building muscle or loose fat.

Eye Color/Hair Color/Style: I'd never have to worry about cutting or styling my hair let alone coloring it. Plus I wouldn't have to use contacts for cosplay! And if I throw in the aspect of altering all the hair on my body...I'd never have to worry about waxing my eyebrows or shaving anything every again! FUCK YEAH!

Teeth/Nails: My nails are unfortunately naturally brittle so having them be stronger would be nice. Plus again don't have to worry about cutting them and shaping them. And I wouldn't have to use fake nails for when I do cosplay! I could merely grow a pair of claws! Same goes for the teeth aspect. It would be perfect for cosplay, Halloween, and just plain freaking people out if I could flash them a fanged smile, they do a double take and my teeth are back to normal XD

Meh, I don't care much about the clothing....just my own personal being as far as the shifting ability goes^^

You guys would just change your appearance and live normal? XD I'd brush up on my acting and get into some mischief! Nothing high stakes but definitely stealing identities and money. I'd either never work again or I'd try all sorts of jobs and skills. But mostly, I'd watch all the movies I wanna see. That's end goal, lol. Kill a guy to steal his identity, use a new one to steal money(like someone who works in a bank or a cashier at a grocery store, pretend I'm them long enough to get my hands on money and split), go to dead guy's house, pretend I'm him some more, and purchase tons of movies on Amazon and just veg out for a week/month.

Rudolph Quin said:
You guys would just change your appearance and live normal? XD I'd brush up on my acting and get into some mischief! Nothing high stakes but definitely stealing identities and money. I'd either never work again or I'd try all sorts of jobs and skills. But mostly, I'd watch all the movies I wanna see. That's end goal, lol. Kill a guy to steal his identity, use a new one to steal money(like someone who works in a bank or a cashier at a grocery store, pretend I'm them long enough to get my hands on money and split), go to dead guy's house, pretend I'm him some more, and purchase tons of movies on Amazon and just veg out for a week/month.

Unless it included changing ones brain cells to change personaoity then I couldn't do it. In my mind id probably be 'Hehehehehe lets cause some havoc now and play tricks' but in reality Id be like 'Yeahhhh....just for personal use'.....perhaps a prank or two wouldn't hurt, id probs change into my friends in front of them and try to mirror them.

That is true. Although, I tend to think of humans as waiting for the right amount of freedom from accountability to break out and do what they wish. Changing one's visage would make the law hard pressed to keep you caged, so, the baser nature might be unleashed with that type of temptation, especially if you could change into anyone or look like anything in the blink of an eye.

This is probably me putting WAY too much thought into this but....changing physical appearance I do not think would warrant the change of one's DNA or...change it enough to avoid having things traced back to you should a sample be left behind....bodily fluids, hair, skin...etc. Changing your outward appearance wouldn't change YOUR specific DNA signature. It's not like Animorphs. Seeing as we'd only be altering our physical appearance to look/sound like someone else on the outside if we left DNA behind they'd know it was us. For a change that is...pardon the pun...MORE than skin deep we would need to be able to copy the FULL genetic code of the individual we are attempting to turn into. Having the ability to re-arrange things like hair color, eye color, skin color, height, weight...all of that would be based off the limitations of our own personal genetics inherited from our parents and grandparents. Honestly I wasn't thinking of these changes on the basis of being able to make myself be the dopplerganger of someone else but rather have control more control over the dominate and recessive traits of my own personal bloodline.

The sharp tooth thing does actually run in my family. When my adult teeth first came in canines were abnormally long and pointed. I loved them to death. But my mother forced me to get them filed when I was a young teenager. I remember being at the dentist and having work done and she told him to file my teeth and I flat out said NO but I was under 18 and thus didn't have a say. I immediately took a file to them myself and attempted to give them back their edge but....-sighs heavily- I will be sore about that until the day I die I can tell you that right now. The sharp teeth comes from my father's side of the family. He's got sharp canines as well and my mother always tried to berate him into getting them filed. All her teeth are flat and square, no definition for the canines. XP

That is a lot of thought into it. XD Unnecessarily, I believe, because cops aren't out there hunting down criminals with a DNA scanner. So, even if we go with your version and the shapeshifting just changes physical appearance and not completely altering DNA, the only thing my DNA would tell them is where I've been. Even if they can hunt me down based upon detective work and understanding my motives...I can look different every time they see me. If I look like a completely different person than the one they have on record of getting the DNA from/witnessed at a crime scene, they cannot force me to take a test, because probable cause goes out the window just from physical appearance/gender/race anything being different than what they previously expect it to be. And if they don't even have a first physical appearance to go by, then they DEFINITELY cannot compel a DNA sample from some random person that they otherwise have no reason to suspect. If I were the only one, I could live life as a ghost, untouchable.

Sorry about your teeth? >.>

I tend to over think these things sometimes....^^;

But you do raise a good point. They'd be confused as hell as to why or how your DNA came to be at the scene especially if YOU did not look like you but someone else entirely. For all they know perhaps the person who 'committed' the crime knew you and just so happened to end up with some of your hairs or what have you on them which fell off at the crime scene.

Granted I'd think if your DNA kept showing up at crime scene after crime scene they'd start to grow curious and maybe start thinking you were the ring leader of a big gang or something since all these supposed criminals keep showing up with bits of your DNA. So while they couldn't force you into taking a DNA test and the probably cause of you personally committing the crimes is well out the window, it still means you'd be a person of suspect after awhile. I'd think so long as you played it smart and spaced out the time between the crimes and went to different cities/states it would certainly make it harder on the cops to cross reference anything with other cases in order to pin enough on you to warrant placing you under watch to see how you are involved in all this.

So long as no one invents an 'anti-mutant serum' I think you'll be good. Or something which could force you into reverting back to your original form.

I believe with Mystique if she's in enough pain or suffered enough trauma she can no longer hold the shape she is in thus returns to her default state. So you'd certainly have to be careful about getting into fights. I THINK if she's knocked out she also can slip out of morph depending. Going off the premises of having the same ability as her to change appearance I'd fathom the same if not similar downsides to the ability would also be included.

Not sure if you've seen "Flash" on Netflix but there is an episode which features a meta-human with shape shifting abilities the same as Mystique. Unfortunately for them, they spent so much time taking on the forms of other people...let alone remaining in those forms...they forgot what they, themselves originally looked like. They could not return to their original form because of this. Upon trying the character looked like Voldamort...O-o Another interesting aspect about this particular shape shifter was, regardless of the form they took on, they were always left handed even if the person they were taking the form of was right handed. This fact about they, themselves personally, never changed thus it made them stick just enough to be noticed by said super heroes. I do not believe this applies to Mystique. I think she is able to copy all of a person's traits including which hand they are dominate with.

No, I haven't seen the Flash. 0_0 That sounds pretty wicked though. I remember there was a shapeshifter on Supernatural that shed his teeth and skin, bones moving painfully into place for his transformation. Which, I don't know if I'd be capable of constantly changing myself in order to protect myself if the ability were a chore to go through like that. So, hence why I named Mystique, since in depictions I've seen, it's rather painless for her to change shape.

Back
Top Bottom