Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Burned and Blackened Blood (G23 & loneiysong)

"Yes thank you". She said landing gracefully behind him. She walked around as a dragon. She noted the warmer climate. Sighing, she turned human. In a light purple dress, she slid against the wall and rubbed her face. She was pale. She leaned back and just breathed a sigh of relief. She laid on the cool tile of the palace floor and began to sing an old fun song of a dragon who would not be tamed.

He transformed as well, and brought out a pillow and tucked it under her head, then touched the stones which grew a touch cooler. "How are you feeling little one?"

He watched the sky, sitting beside her.

He smiled stroking her hair and scalp gently. "You didn't fail little one. The only one who failed was me. Well and the fool who took you. They just created a doom for themself they cannot imagine."

He continued stroking her hair, sighing as a stone pressed against his back. "i will never judge you little one. I'm still amazed i got you to go back when they shot you."

She chuckled and grinned. She looked up and shifted a bit. "Your not comfortable. Let's see if this palace has a comfortable place for your old bones." She teased. She winced as she stood and looked around the palace.

She then began to walk and crossed her arms across herself.

He followed her shaking his head. "i was comfortable Tirana."

He moved ahead of her, and lead her down a long stairwell into the well lit throne room, which has been converted into something like a dormitory. He gestures at two bed behind the mountain wall. "i figure there. You should probably take the one against the wall. it's fluffier. and has more pillows."

as they drew closer it was was clear that that was the only one actually made. He rumbled. "I will still a pillow from you, but I never need blankets. i tend to just burn them."

he laughed. "I was leaning on the rock Tirana. now get in bed first. Then I'll sleep near you. But you get the blankets."

he gently touched her back and pointed to the place."Shall we?"

He slid into bed as well, laying closer to her. "No surprised. But I couldn't be certain."

He stretched, then lay his head on a pillow. He wasn't touching her, though the warmth from his skin washed over her, and his hands were very close to her. But he didn't want to press the contact on her, instead letting her decide such matters.

She moved closer and put her head on his chest listening to the deep thrum of his heart. She snuggled closer for protection and moved a hand up absently tracing his hand thinking of all of his power and how old he was. She was quiet and still. She tried to make her mind blank only thinking of good things but besides Nabaz and Furad there wasn't a lot of good right now.

He gently folded her into his arms, stroking her hair and back. "Try to rest Tirana. Let tomorrow take care of itself. i will take care of you."

Furad settled into her girl, resting, and letting herself sooth the Princess. There was little else she could do.

Outside the spirit Dragons were circling the palace, silent and unseen, alerting Nabaz to what if anything they found.

She snuggled in and chuckled. "Every time I close my eyes, I feel like when I open them, I will be back in that dungeon." She trembled and then swallowed back a rising sense of panic and pressed her face harder against Nabaz as if to reassure herself that he was really there.

One of the circling spirit Dragons, Malroth, frowned. She could feel a forming dragon in the castle. She sighed and connected with Nabaz. "She is with young Nabaz."

He dismissed this, already certain of it. He knew she would not have been released without success in the foul little plan.

he hugged her gently. "I will make sure you don't go back there until you are rescuing our wounded brothers and sisters Tirana."

"They can be. I already met one and he is being aided as you rest. Now ssshhhh" He squeezed her gently, still stroking her hair and neck."You are safe with me."

She knew she was safe with him, so after a while she began to doze.

Her night was filled with nightmares that jerked her awake so she was sitting up. Cold sweat pouring down her face. She trembled and tears rolled down her face. She curled up her knees to her chest and just sat there being quiet.

He sat up as well, and gently put an arm around her. He said nothing, but began to rumble to her once again.

"Are you hungry?"

He smiled and squeezed her gently. " Tirana we can always go flying. let us away."

He hugged her again, then stood and helped her up, taking her up a long staircase to a heavy mountain ledge. "Shall we fly?"

She sighed and rolled her neck and nodded. The one thing that always brought her peace was flying. She stepped out onto the ledge and she turned into a dragon. She stepped out and spread her wings and lept of gracefully. She took to the skys spiraling gracefully upwards waiting for Nabaz.

He took off and flew beneath her, looking now like her heavily magnified shadow, save for his bright green eyes.

A strong breeze came up and pushed them quicker, bringing fresh smells of life and peace.

The spirit Dragons swirled around her, talking with Furad, and giving kind support to Tirana.

Nabaz chuckled. "They are part of our Thunder Tirana. Most are nest siblings to your scale mother. They will not harm you. The fool who harmed you cannot bend these to her will even with the greatest magic."

He bent his head and blew some flame at her, trying to make her smile. "Come on. Make some purple fire for me. Some fireworks."

Back
Top Bottom