Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How do you prioritize?

• Thread starter HeyThereLittleBear
  • Start date
H

HeyThereLittleBear

How do you prioritize your replies / starting role-plays?

I personally respond as I get muse for posts but do my best to also keep in line with who posted first.
I normally reply in the order of which they replied to me, but sometimes will skip someone if I'm drawing a blank at the time to get my mental juices flowing first before I come back and re-read the post to see if I think of anything new.

What about you?

I sucked at prioritizing role-plays. I usually had a very specific story craving or partner that I was excited about. So, even if I'd start with 3 or 4 rps, one of them would really stand out as just over all better everything; more exciting responses, more frequent responses, more story ideas that fell into that craving, more exciting characters, etc. And the other plays I'd have going at the same time would not measure up in some way or partners would wander off. So, by 10-20 posts in on "the One", it'd become clear where my priorities were and I'd stop writing for the others. You always mean to go back to them but it never happens. That was my usual method of weeding through the chaff, because you don't really know whether an idea will be as good as you thought it was, nor a partner chemistry as fruitful, until you actually start trading responses.

And like I said, I'm not good at feeling obligated to respond to a story. If I struggle at all with a desire to do it, I usually won't and will write for the stories I am excited about. I tried that "fair" approach, giving in the order I received but it just doesn't work for me.

Ideally I want to reply in order.

Realistically... Some stories I just can't help starting my post as soon as I'm getting theirs, and others take more effort.

I very rarely give up on a story, even if it's becoming difficult, unless I'm really given nothing to work with or I start dreading it. Sometimes I wish I didn't feel bad giving up more of them.

I usually go from oldest reply to newest reply. I do this with almost everything I post in, so no one has to wait longer for a reply than others. There are rare exceptions to this, though.

I used to do oldest to newest but my muse and writing suffered so much from this approach. About a year ago I decided to follow my muse instead and I feel my writing has improved. I am definitely getting out more posts this way. I try not to let a week pass between receiving a post and sending a reply, and if it keeps happening, I take a time out and decide if I want to keep the rp.

Back
Top Bottom