Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Those Having a Bad Day

One of my friends shared a story on his facebook of a dog's recovery that he took part in taking care of him.

The senior chocolate lab came into the humane society looking like this:
92vRu4n.jpg

After lots of bath and even more love in his new home, he now looks like this:
(dog on left)
MRFjmnq.jpg

Amazing, Bear! Thank you, Mr. Vyce, for keeping up with this thread. Every day I check in and it definitely brings some comfort to me right now to read about these things.

Something I just thought was really amazing.

xHamster bought an Alexis Arquette sex tape the day after she died so they could destroy it

Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, xHamster spokesman Alex Hawkins said the company acted to stop the man from ‘smearing her memory’.

‘Ms. Arquette was an icon and activist in the trans community and we could not see someone smear her memory the way the selling party was trying to do,’ he said.

‘We acquired the tape and subsequently destroyed all copies of it.

‘We hope people will remember Ms. Arquette for the activist that she was and that her memory will continue to live on.’

In this day and age that is so exploitative of not only sex and people's body and autonomy but also of the dead, I thought this was an amazing gesture to make. When I first heard the story reported on Philip Defranco's show, I thought, "Jesus, someone bought it? What scumbag--" and then he revealed that xHamster destroyed it and it restored a little bit of my faith in humanity.

8-year-old girl gives her meal to homeless man and receives extraordinary call days later

When Ella Scott noticed a homeless man looking "hungry and helpless", she took action. The 8-year-old girl stood up from her table at a Monterey, California restaurant called Lallapalooza on Aug. 31 and brought her plate of steak and potatoes outside to the man, who was later identified as David Salkowski.

Her 38-year-old father, Eddie Scott, captured the whole exchange on video and later uploaded it to Facebook, where it's been viewed almost 44 million times, and even ended up reaching the man's sister, Roseanne Salkowski.

An emotional Salkowski called up Scott on Sunday explaining that she hasn't seen her 62-year-old brother, a veteran who has post-traumatic stress disorder, since he took off from Philadelphia six months ago. She cried for the entire half hour on the phone, but was relieved to find out that he's OK.

The father-daughter duo is now on a mission to reunite the siblings.

Back
Top Bottom