Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Battlestar Valhalla : OOC Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Valhalla (OOC Chat)

Thank you, I hope I can live up to it. If anyone is interested in doing scenes with either of my characters, send me a PM and we can discuss our likes and dislikes and how we might bring them together in the overall plot.

Of course when I'm trying to put together an opener the Battlestar Galactica wiki goes down *head desk*

Right? It is frustrating. Mostly it is for detail stuff, but I like to be accurate.

Sometimes perfection is the enemy of progress.

True but it feels so much better when you read over a post and it feels like its fits into the universe.

That is the main thing I'm trying to get, the feeling that it fits and is a proper introduction to our RP. I want to have some dates as well, which is next to impossible to find anywhere else (and maybe not even there). But I want you all to know that something will be on the way and that I am working on it!

One thing I did not like about BSG was that they deliberately avoided explaining how things work as far as tech goes. A good amount you can see parallels in our tech now but the FTL drive as far as I know does not even try to explain it.

They don't explain it in the show, that is true. There may be more details elsewhere though. I'll do some searching. Details like that are things I want to work in.

I am listening to an Audiobook about the science of the show and one of the first things that is said was that the creators put known science over story or at least they adapted the story to fit the science more than the other way around. At the same time there were things like the FTL that they did try to explain at all.

I really like what they did but I would have really liked to see what they would come up with to explain it.

I will probably do a bit of my own research to see if I can see whats out there.

Frelance said:
I am listening to an Audiobook about the science of the show and one of the first things that is said was that the creators put known science over story or at least they adapted the story to fit the science more than the other way around. At the same time there were things like the FTL that they did try to explain at all.

I really like what they did but I would have really liked to see what they would come up with to explain it.

I will probably do a bit of my own research to see if I can see whats out there.

As far as FTL goes I think the only working theory for that right now is a warp drive like the Alcubierre Drive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

I hope I don't disappoint you boys too much as I don't think I could write an accurate description of how my car works :eek: The only thing I know about FTL is you better be sure you know where you're going! Other than that I hope there is a button to push somewhere.

Well you don't need to know science, just BSG. Even then we will give you some slack.

Oh, we will give plenty of slack as long as you stick to the universe. I don't want to see TIE fighters and such around :p lol

frightorflight said:
As far as FTL goes I think the only working theory for that right now is a warp drive like the Alcubierre Drive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Ah that could work.

@LeaT no worries at all.

Thanks boys, I appreciate a bit of slack but will try to keep the TIE fighters out...I know we only fly X-wings! (Just kidding and I don't know how they work either.)

Well I don't expect everyone to know every single detail even about the universe we're RPing. This is supposed to be fun after all! But there are important things, like knowing what the models of Cylon look like and such if you're planning on playing one. Of course the characters will be finding out about them in the game :)

I have not heard from either of the applicants in several days. So the position is still open.

If we want the XO could start us off, it was a sneak attack after all and the Commander could be on leave somewhere. We could pick him (or her) up later if one shows or just make due.

We could also have the Commander get injured in the attack and have them in a coma in the Medical bay then either have them die off or have them recover and be taken over by a player.

The commander is not going to be on leave. The ship is en route to the shipyards to be retired and broken up and since it is the ship's last cruise it would be more or less requisite for the current commander to be there in order to give the ship a proper send off.

I'm not planning on waiting for a commander. As I stated earlier I'm a bit stymied by the wiki being down. Is anyone else having problems with it, or is it just me? Keep getting problem loading page things. Just want to be sure it's not my computer or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom