Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orcs and Flowers [JenivueGrimm and Sirix]

Grom grins a little at the question. What she said about humans was true, fragile even when raised roughly. He shrugs a little with his answer. "There are worse fates." He says simply, not hating the idea but being a bit more indifferent to the idea now. The trip had shown him that she wasn't the worst person in the world at least. Two weeks without fighting can do that to a male.

Natar just shakes his head, even his stone heart melted to the look in her eyes. "Put those away, people will start to think I'm soft." He chuckles, stopping and turning to look at her. "What is done is done, but if you go on another walk like this, take someone with you, Grom preferably of course." He says, then asks the question that he and his wife had really wanted to know. "Now, be blunt. With your house nearing completion, only the finishing touches needing finishing up, the pairing is coming up. Thoughts?" He asks.

She giggled a bit before she nodded and replied,"I will do. If anything, this trip has shown me that Grom is fully capable... As for our upcoming pairing... Well... He's not a horrible choice for the fates to present me. We have been briefly talking among ourselves about it. I do believe that if I must be forced to live and pair with him, then it will be fine." She shrugged and had diverted her eyes for a bit before looking back as she said,"Not the... Perfect situation. The trip has grown my indifferent to him. He provided safety and sufficient conversation, but I still would have liked to choose someone I am in love with. But still, at least now I won't be planning on slicing his throat with a knife."

Beau smiled brightly as she said,"Indeed there are! Are there any questions you have about the ceremony? Have you two been able to talk about what is going to happen during your honeymoon? Any plans or trips?"

(after so much time, I return. I am so sorry.)

Natar just smiles and waves his hand at the young girl. "Love will come in time. it always does. Beau and myself weren't much unlike you and Grom during our youths. She was too flighty for me, and I was too stubborn for her. Just give it time. Everything will work out." He says with a chuckle. "If you need to talk about anything, come to me. Beau and I trading you guys for the next week so that you can come to...appreciate the other's job a little more." He tells her, letting her hand go but letting Annabella make the first move to leave.

Grom shifts around a little uncomfortably. "We haven't really thought of anything no." He admits. It was expected for them to do something, but the pair would need to sit down and speak about it, even if they decided that their plans were to fake it somehow for the sake of the village. "We will talk about it soon though. I saw the house as we were walking up, it looks like it is in the final stages." he says, hanging his head a little.

Beau just nodded with a soft smile then she said,"Indeed, a lovely house for you two to build your lives together. By the end of next week, it will be done and you two will be free to move in after we have to ceremony... Which reminds me. For the next week you will be with me. We thought it might be better for the two of your to see into each others lives to have a better understanding of the duties that both have to do. This will be exciting!"

Annabella smiled and said,"She's told me a couple of stories from her youth. Still even listening to them, I always thought you two were in love. Her favorite story is the one from your ceremony. She said it took you practically half a day to get her into your marital home." She was surprised at the last bit but nodded and said,"Alright, sounds like an interesting plan. I suppose I shall be reporting to you bright and early tomorrow I guess. For now though, I really must return back to my home, she'll be wanting something better than her own cooking." She turned to go and return to her mother and actually enjoy having a roof and bed.

Hearing that they would be spending the week together, Grom bows a little and nods. "Of course, I can't wait to live in your world for a little while." He says, then stands back up. "Unless you have anything else you want to talk about, I'm sure my family would love to have a little of my time before the sun sets." He says with a smile. He waits for a moment then heads back home, more then ready to have a well cooked meal and to sleep with some comfort.

Natar waves the girl away, smiling at the memory as before heading home himself.

Beau gestures her permission to leave. She watches as he leaves, briefly her mind wanders to her own memories. Then with a happy sigh she goes off to return to her home. On her way she looks over the villagers as everyone goes about their lives.

Annabella was up bright and early in the morning. She was up and out of the house before leisurely making her way to meet with the village leader. She occasionally lingered to stop and talk with some of her friends that were up. However, she did find her way to the great hall where their leader was. She stretched before she went in. With a cheery voice she called out,"Good morning!" Beau nodded her head to her apprentice. While she was a bit remiss that Annabella would be absent from their morning ritual she didn't feel completely sad. She would be contented for the week with Grom coming in to do the rituals with her. She had every day already planned out.

Meanwhile, Annabella skipped in and asked,"So what does the day hold for us?"

Back
Top Bottom