Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fav Game Show

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
What do you think about game shows? Do you have a favorite one?

My absolute favorite is Family Feud. They get some stupid people on there who apparently have no idea what a survey is, even though every other contestant, Harvey's explaining it("We asked 100 people; name something..."). Plus, I adore the ever loving shit out of Steve Harvey. That guy is on point! And if you haven't ever heard about him or where he came from...you should look it up. *nods*

I enjoy Family Feud, and remember ranting about it once, when the question was, "Name an animal found in Africa", and one of the survey answers was Tiger.

The only game show in the world you can win by having to correctly guess an incorrect answer, but I suppose, if you want to be picky, there's probably some imported Tigers there!

As for mine, it tends to be the quiz shows, such as Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, or The Price is Right, for some laughs!

Seriously! There's been some times when I get so mad about the answers that show up because nobody would even think of that! Like, it's not even one of those "stumped but now that I know, it seems so obvious" type things but actually a "that is not an answer anybody would give to any question ever" situation. I hate when the board feels stacked against the contestants like that because you expect it to be somewhat fair, you know, something someone can actually win. I much prefer picking a family based on who gives the stupidest/clueless answers(doesn't matter if they get an "X" if it could be a reasonable guess to answer the question, then I still consider it a smart answer) and rooting for the opposite side. Sometimes...there's just no winners in that contest though. XD

Price is Right is another good one! I loved Bob Barker best with his schmooze and good humor. Drew Carey was alright with it, kinda hit or miss. The games are really fun though! Did you like Jeopardy? Is that still on the air even?

I know exactly what you mean, Rudolph. All I can do is shake my head at some of the responses, and wonder who the heck they surveyed!

I've only watched the Australian version of Price is Right, and don't Bob Barker. Sometimes watch Jeopardy, and quite like it. I have no idea if it's still going, it's just repeats shown here on cable.

Oh, and another; a British game show called Pointless, also shown here. Kind of like a reverse Family Feud, the objective is to provide the most obscure, correct answer to a question, based on a hundred people surveyed, and end up with the lowest score, with bonuses for a zero! Combined with the dry British humour of the hosts, it's good fun.

I've been watching the $100,000 Pyramid re-boot they've been running on Sunday evenings. I was always a fan of that as a kid / early teen when it was on in the 1980s/early 1990s. I find myself almost yelling at the TV when a celeb gets flustered at giving clues and I'm shouting out obvious good ones. Though I'll grant, some 'are' tough, and it's worse in the Winner's Circle bonus where you can't use certain phrases, 'hinting' words, or use your hands.

I'll admit, I was at first put off by Steve Harvey's 'Feud' tenure, but it's growing on me. Some of the contestants are as dumb as rocks, which makes it all the more of a hoot.

Ah, gotcha, Quix. Pointless sounds interesting. I definitely like the more blue collar type quiz shows. Like, there's one we have here called the Chase and Idiot Test and they both make me mad, lol.

I love yelling at the TV, Haruki! XD That definitely sounds like an interesting one that I haven't seen before. I was actually the same way with Steve Harvey because I grew up with Louie Anderson as the host and he had this charisma and self-deprecating humor that made him truly endearing. Then they had Richard Karn who was a literal wet paper bag and then John O'Hurley who was this "stuffy" sophisticate and it felt like anybody but Louie couldn't freaking do it. So, I know what you mean.

Not super into game shows, unless it's something like The Bachelor/ette, or Bachelor in Paradise.
However, I thoroughly enjoy the psychology involved in THE MOST TRASHIEST reality TV romantic game show on MTV called Are You The One?

Both shows are trash, and I absolutely love them.

Back
Top Bottom