Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Organized or Messy?

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
Are you an organized person or do you thrive in mess and clutter? Or are you just really uptight/really lazy?

I'm inbetween. I used to go through spells where I'd pile things like garbage and clothes and soda bottles but once I got off meds for depression, I decided it was up to me to do all I could to dispel the onset of symptoms, and mess and clutter definitely contributes. So, now, it's become a monthly thing. I no longer collect trash but sometimes I'll not put books away or art supplies and they collect in little piles on my floor. If ever I get to feeling "depressed", I sweep through the room and give it a good decluttering and vacuuming.

I cannot function well with an untidy desk or room, so I always have a tidy desk. During vacation though, when I don't need to study or work, I let entropy do its job and will not bother to clean up. After all, the second law of thermodynamics states that entropy is increasing. :D Of course, once in a while, it is still nice to do some cleaning.

I totally know what you mean. I realized almost a direct correlation between my productivity and how much space was available on my floor. Sometimes I still collect boxes in the corner of the room to take to the burn pile and I realize that it's time to do one up when they start to clutter my peripheral. I remember the link or metaphor was made about the state of someone's space being a representation of the inside of their mind and that's always stuck with me. Besides, who doesn't love the smell of a room after using cleaning products? I'm certainly guilty of feeling refreshed by that chemical odor.

My room is absolute chaos.
But you bet that's one giant-ass, clutter-filled, ORGANIZED mess.
I know where every single thing is in my disaster. And that's how I like it.

I've started cleaning the kitchen in the mornings. It has definitely become an enjoyable part of my routine to do the couple of dishes in the sink and wipe the counters down but also cleaning out the fridge on Wednesdays(garbage day is Thursday). That's one of those things that I absolutely cannot stand is dealing with old food, whether it is stuck to a dish or something old in the fridge, I hate it. So, I've gained a bit of satisfaction lately in dealing with these problems early.

Disorganised to everyone else, but I have my own place for everything, and everything is in its place, where I know to find it. It just doesn't appear that way to others!

I'm messy and lazy. I always want to look impeccable but the mess at home... sigh.
I can find many things, but unfortunately sometimes stuff does get lost.

Have noticed the most organized people are the most messy people. They have to organized stuff that have little or no value after some time has lapsed.

Temptationist said:
My room is absolute chaos.
But you bet that's one giant-ass, clutter-filled, ORGANIZED mess.
I know where every single thing is in my disaster. And that's how I like it.

That's exactly me. Its not just my room, my entire apartment is a disaster. I only tidy everything up when I have guests over (who aren't close friends that know I'm messy af).

Well my room tends to be somewhere in between, I like to have a good tidy up though and feel so proud when its tidy...give it one week and the mess starts to creep back in again. Its most likely due to laziness when I cant be arsed going downstairs to wash a glass out to get a drink when I can just get a ready cleaned one. Oddly ive noticed I hate mess in other peoples house (end up tidying somewhat) and I cant stand mess in other rooms...just my room seems to have a more relaxed approach. Reckon its due to my parents who were clean freaks, whether it was family driving 3 hours to visit us or neighbour comming for a coffee id be hoovering, wiping and washing all under mothers watchful eyes

Back
Top Bottom