Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your avatar

Star Pupil

Old soul
How do you pick your avatars? Do they represent You? Or is it expressive to your current interest? Or does it just look cool?

My avatar is a mix of both. Looks like my character in game and the game itself is one of my favorites right now.

EDIT: Part 2: Do you like to have your signatures match with your avatar? I'm sure looking at mine, you guys know the answer for me.

I change my avatar very frequently because I get bored very quickly. When I notice a minor flaw, my eyes can only see that flaw every time I look at my avatar, and then I end up changing it. Usually I aim for a look that is either pretty/sexy or funny.

My current avatar and signature are of Pharah from Overwatch. I don't play the game but I got interested in the lore and the characters look after watching a few friends play it.

Princess Pittooey said:
How do you pick your avatars? Do they represent You? Or is it expressive to your current interest? Or does it just look cool?

My avatar is a mix of both. Looks like my character in game and the game itself is one of my favorites right now.

Mine changes frequently with my interests. Sometimes, I'll watch TV shows and movies and a character will resonate with me. Either I find them particularly attractive or I find their personality holds an idealized version of myself within it. So, in those ways, the avatar represents me.

Current is Root from Person of Interest because I became fascinated by her character in the show. She's quirky, funny, and with the Machine in her ear, she makes all the right moves and decisions, walking blindly and propelled by faith that the all-seeing God will see her through it all. The title line is also a catch phrase of hers, as frequently, in the beginning of her quest with the Machine, she'd be caught talking aloud to it and someone nearby would respond.

Thanks for the answers. Overwatch is super popular right now and while I haven't gone out to actually buy the game for my PS4(Everyone I know plays through PC), I really do like most of the character designs.

I wish I watched more TV, but I don't think I've ever once chosen an avatar that wasn't anime or from a video game. I think I just am not comfortable using real life depictions; although I've never thought about why.

Also for those that are interested I added a part 2: Do you like matching your signature with your avatar?

I used to because in searching for avatars, sometimes gifs would come up as well and I find it difficult to get gifs to process as an avatar here. So, I'd put the static face in the av slot and then the gif in the sig. But not anymore. I like to put my books there because I'm proud of them and like to show off a little bit. ^^;

Though my avatar isn't technically Trygon, he's closely related.

fafnirtbdoh7.jpg

I always loved his expression, so it still gets regular use as an avatar.

I generally like to match my avatar to my signature.

I decide what sort of theme I'm going for (which is usually something mysterious and sorta sensual loool) and then go from there with small edits lol

I definitely like to match my avatar and sig. I've even gone so far as to match my request thread to it as well. >.< My current set is Daenerys from GoT (made by Mitsu). Dany is definitely a character I relate to and identify with. She's also a favorite of mine on the show...up there with the characters Tyrion, Baelish and Sansa. I suppose I identify with the whole house Targaryen thing as well. So, you could say that my av/sig set is a representation of me on some level. : )

Trygon said:
Though my avatar isn't technically Trygon, he's closely related.

fafnirtbdoh7.jpg

I always loved his expression, so it still gets regular use as an avatar.

I've never seen the full picture. I don't know why it's so satisfying.

Princess Pittooey said:
I've never seen the full picture. I don't know why it's so satisfying.

Perhaps you remember the avatar I used during those spells when I was Seraph Nicholas? I rather like the full picture behind that one, too. I'll leave it a link, since it's a bit more massive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/KaiserTBD/Nick1.jpg

I remember those. I remember seeing them after the Blue Moon Christmas comic and feeling like I'd missed core information to make an accurate depiction of you. Trygon in that comic had a longish bob cut because I had no idea the hair in the actual pic was in a ponytail. :p

Friend of mine showed me this image and I just kind of started making it my avatar for everything because it looks neat and I don't have a competent image editing software to design my own sig and avvie set. Even if I did I'm rather cripplingly inept at graphic design. So I use this boring old icon of mine everywhere I go.

My avatar is the inkwell from Lexandria's rendition of Elliquiy's logo.

We kind of played up the idea of inverting Freudian symbolism... masculine inkwell, feminine pens.

I thought it worked well anyway. >_>

I change mine all the time. I get bored easily. Usually I'll find an image on Pinterest or Tumblr that I like, and then make it my avatar. And I just added a siggy pic, which doesn't match my avatar at all, lol. I am just not that coordinated.

Mine is usually pics I have taken of my mesh avatar that I have in a virtual world. I make my own clothing there so I can style it for whatever role I want to play or how I feel.

Currently I am working on a 'Back to school' outfit.

Rudolph Quin said:
I remember those. I remember seeing them after the Blue Moon Christmas comic and feeling like I'd missed core information to make an accurate depiction of you. Trygon in that comic had a longish bob cut because I had no idea the hair in the actual pic was in a ponytail. :p

Oh, that's right~

Man, that comic. Aaaaaancient history.

I usually go with my current interests.

For example I've been playing a lot of Smite, I like Bellona's new skin, so I decided to fish it up.

My avatar used to be a pic of... red roses :)
Then I got bored after a year or two, and switched to a picture of a girl who is wearing red, to match my username ;) She happens to look pretty, is blonde and holding a book, all of those being things I appreciate in a character when plot appropriate.

I always have my avatars match my sigantures. I think it sets a nice mood when you look at a post.

As far as how I choose my avatars, it depends on my own mood and what I'm interested in at the moment. I usually pick images that are flirty and playful, and the quotes are the same, with a touch of confidence. My current avatar is of Ariana Grande from her "Dangerous Woman" album.

I'm like xana, though, in that I change my avatars frequently. I usually get bored with them, or I find a song with catchy lyrics that I want to include in my signature, lollll.

Being part of the furry fandom, my avatar is my fursona who I see as an avatar in the fandom anyway. Apparently I can seem cat-like irl so I reckon its a good fit for me here too :) (Don't worry I don't drag in half dead mice or frogs home)

I dont have a signature and personally im not a fan of using them but hey maybe that'll change someday

My avatars are usually one of my characters. My current avatar is a character by the name of Callie. Before her I did have a picture of girl with handcuffs on and the words help me written on her hands. I found the image haunting. As or sigs, I'm not talented enough to make them, and I don't know what I'd pick anyway.

I'm with AndNich123. My avatars is usually a depiction or a face claim of one of my RP characters that I really like.

Currently it's from War and Peace, the new series that came out earlier this year. Of Prince Andrei Bolkonsky, a fictional character of Tolstoy that really resonated with me when I read the book. Its from this one scene during the Battle of Borodino where he's fearlessly marching his regiment (with his own death wish) against the French cannonade and his expression and demeanor is so steely under so much pressure. Just perfect in my mind.

to be honest, i think this is the longest time i've had the same avatar / signature set. i usually tend to get bored with them, and want to display something else. only reason i haven't changed my set right now is because i ended my photoshop subscription, and just haven't bothered to get it back up and running.

plus, kate bishop is extremely badass. i generally pick my sets based off my interests.

Back
Top Bottom