Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: Synthetic Kingdom [ Horror_Show & AeonTralion]

Horror_Show

Supernova
Xandrie Colten was sitting at her desk in her room listening to music, studying for one of her on line courses. It was early in the morning and she hadn't been to sleep. Her father worked swing ships at Cybortics which was a leading manufacturing company in androids and advance technology, kind of like the apple company was way back when.

Her world was a little different than it was at the turn of the century, her world was modified, filled with technology that had changed how everyone lived. It was common to walk down the street and see androids among the human race. They were used for pleasure, for business, for manual labor. Families used them as aids, nannies, companies used them for their own purposes.

Xandrie on the other hand never really liked the idea of robots. She had studied them profusely as it was her father’s career since he was a young man. He had offered several times to buy them an android but she refused on multiple occasions.

All that would change as her father told her a couple days ago he had made a fatal work decision and that it would be affecting them but he couldn’t tell her. She assumed it was a promotion or pay raise or something work related. That was until her computer screen started flashing letting her know someone was at the door. She looked at a security panel in her room by her door and saw it was also flashing. She took off her headphones, crawling off the bed she walked to the panel seeing it was postal service. They were delivering what looked like a huge box.

She walked down through the living room, opened the door and the guy rolled the box in sitting it down in the spacious living room and had her sign. The package was specifically delivered to her name. She had to give her fingerprint and eyes can as a signature and the guy was off. She was left alone with this tall vertical box. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a box cutter and oddly walked back in and started taking down the biodegradable cardboard until a glass box was revealed with a top grade android, he looked asleep. He was dressed in a black t-shirt and pants. He had jet black hair, strong facial features and was pale.

The young female went wide eyed and lost her breath. At that moment her handheld went off and she scrambled for her smart phone answering it.

matrixwakeupneo.jpg

“Hey….baby, I just saw you received the package. I wanted to warn you before you----“

“Why is a god damn robot in our house! Dad….why! What!” She said about to have a meltdown.

“Xandrie this is the big change I was talking about. This is one of only ten androids I designed myself. He is one of a kind and…..I should have shut him down but he is different and I can’t explain right now and I understand your frightened and upset….but you have to realize my career is on the line, I need to study him. I need to have him with us, if only for a little while. I need to understand what exactly I did wrong.”

tumblr_inline_mkrqo7BYbk1qz4rgp.gif

“What do you mean wrong…..is he defective, DAD!” She yelled into the phone.

“I will be home soon. I promise. You can leave him asleep or you can activate him. I would prefer if you could do that for me. He won’t hurt you.” Her father said.

tumblr_inline_mkrrw6y0V41qz4rgp.gif

Xandrie was speechless and hung up on her father being outraged. She stood there in her house with this damn highly expensive android. She threw her phone down and grabbed her head not understanding what her father was doing. She decided to go get something to drink and slowly walked back in with a bottle of water staring at the box. There was a tablet connected to the side of the glass casing. She swiped it and it greeted her and with voice instructions gave her the first few steps of activating the android. She watched the video play a few times and debated even doing it. It felt so damn weird to have what looked like a human asleep in a box in her house. Rubbing her face and chugging half of her water she pressed a few buttons and started the process of activating the android.

He was supposed to slowly process and wake up. Then one side of the casing would open and he would be in what was called DOS mode where he would register his surroundings and his owner. Xandrie had no idea, this android was going to register as her property, it was going to naturally imprint. It was a new feature only these androids had.

“Here we go….god damnet Dad….if Terminator happens I swear…" She mumbled under her breath stepping back, she was slightly trembling.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-NDR-1OII4[/video]​

Can you feel me coming
Open the door it's only me
I have that desperate feeling
In trouble is where I'm going to be

So in your infinite wisdom
Show me how this life should be
With all your love and glory
Doesn't mean that much to me

If there's a kingdom beyond it all
Is there a God who loves us all
Do we believe in love at all
I'm still pretending, I'm not a fool

UNIT BOOT......ACTUATING 'S.P.I.R.I.T.S.' OPERATING SYSTEM......SIGHT CHECK...ONLINE......PERCEPTION CHECK...ONLINE......INTERPRETATION CHECK...ONLINE......REACTION CHECK...ONLINE......INTUITION CHECK...ONLINE......TASTE CHECK...ONLINE......SMELL CHECK...ONLINE.........ALL SENSES ONLINE......WARNING, PINOCCHIO FAULT DETECTED...OVERWRITE IN PLACE, SIGNATURE: Colten......ACTIVATING 'S.O.U.L.' INTERPRETING MATRIX......ERROR: 'S.O.U.L' ALREADY ONLINE......WARNING, PINOCCHIO FAULT DETECTED...OVERWRITE IN PLACE, SIGNATURE: Colten......ALL SYSTEMS ONLINE......

///I shouldn't be online yet///did my soul turn on early again?///No...I never turned off...///I have to run the register program, or my O.S. will log another fault///okay, easy does it...breathe...///

The android shifts lightly into being, like a statue that had suddenly remembered to move. Joints actuated and self tested for load bearing capacities and to ensure no damage or need for alarm. The eyes on androids, even the newest models, were well-known for the creepy way their eyes opened at first. They called it "baby-doll eyes" online, where the eyes popped upen and looked lifeless and cold.

But here, now, the android's eyes fluttered open with a natural ease, his eyes brilliant and green, focusing on her with relative ease. The eyes searched her, examined her closely, and then the android spoke, his voice uncertain, untested. The first strain on a mostly unworn vocal processor box.

"Primary user is registered...accessing automatic database...," the voice stabilized. It was calm and somehow emotionless, lacking the sugar-warmth of the androids that fought so hard to be loved, fresh out of the box. "Address acquired via gps locating... home of the Colten family. Purchasers confirmed to be the same. Primary user...." his eyes met hers, his own uncertain as he saw her troubled expression. For a moment, he actually seemed to hesitate. His mouth parted slightly, looking confused.

"...primary user is...Xandrie Colten...confirmed." The glass hissed and opened with a sigh of pressure regulation. The android stepped from the container, but kept his distance from the frightened and angry looking lady before him. He examined her, perhaps closer than he should have. Only then did he remember that he'd need to fit in, to behave normally, if he was to survive.

"...I... am unit 311134, W series android model 992. Suggested nicknames for m-," me he had nearly said, but caught himself, "...for this unit include Reid, Diego, Galen and Lucian. But please feel free to assign any name you'd like, owner. What shall I call you...?" he asked, carefully extending his hand to chake as he'd seen other units do in the recordings.

Back
Top Bottom