Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Relentless (Reno x Lila Lupin)

"If your ship returns." She said with a chuckle. "I wager they escaped the clutches of the Keeper just fine. She had something else to sate her attention, but-" She trailed off with a smirk as she met Peter's gaze. "Ol' Grandad is still out there as are many other sea monsters." She spoke with a great deal of seriousness to her tone. "They won't be chasing the path of the Domina anymore, Peter. There's nothing to save them now. You'd best hope they can make it back." She added. There was great truth to her words. There was a reason they'd made through mostly unharmed, but she had no intentions of telling Peter just what that was.

Avery slowly rose her hands in surrender. "I haven't lived under the authority of the Royal Navy in almost 7 years now, Peter, but I've no intention of breaking my word. That is if you can keep hold of me." She raised her eyebrow as she smirked a huffed a rather smug laugh. "That was the wager after all. You lose me and the chase starts all over again, but I won't run so long as you've got me." She sighed as she put her arm down and slowly turned back around making certain to be mindful of the blade pointed at her throat.

"However that doesn't change the fact that we still need to find shelter. I wager we'll have at least a day before your crew gets back here regardless of what you told them. And while we're here I fully intend on finding that crew. You were never one to hold onto me Peter." She shot smugly as she almost casually began to walk back in the direction she'd been heading. "Not even when I wanted you to." She gave out a sigh as an old memory began to pass through her mind but quickly shook it off as she gestured for him to follow her. "Come on then, Newcastle, let's go."

"Underestimating me and my crew is what got you where you are right now, Avery," Peter pointed out. "If I can catch you, they can catch your crew, and they will. You bank on that," he said, keeping his sword up and ready. "And you put yourself under our authority every time you raided one of our civilians' ships, docked in one of our ports, and stole from one of our people. You've betrayed everything we were brought up to hold dear. You betrayed me, Avery, and your justice is long overdue."

When she started to walk away from him, Peter's arm shot out again and his fingers latched tightly onto her shoulder. "Your ship is gone. You don't give the orders here." He wagged his sword over her shoulder, so that she could see the tip bobbing out of the corner of her eye. "On top of legal and moral authority, I'm also armed and a superior fighter. 'Might makes right' should, after all, be a concept you've become intimately familiar with."

He moved his hand from her shoulder to her back, and curled his fingers tightly in the back of her tunic. "How difficult things become from here depends entirely on you, but the game is over."

Back
Top Bottom