Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How long have you been using forums?

Star Pupil

Old soul
My first forum ever was Gaiaonline, back in 2004. I've been using them religiously since. I have seen a major decline in them when chatrooms got popular, and when more social mediums such as twitter, tumblr, etc came out.

When did you first start using forums? Do you prefer your own personal chat, or being involved in a community?

I've been on forums for about 10 years. Even though I was on Elfwood and deviantArt in high school, I didn't really discover that people talked to each other online until I was 19 and I started using dA's forums for chatting.

Btw, does anybody else remember Elfwood? What happened to that place? I used to spend hours using their image search and poring through pages and pages of good art, great art, and art I wouldn't hang on my fridge if you paid me to.

I had an account on Elfwood before I even knew about Deviant Art. Never did anything there besides post a few drawings back in highschool.

My first forum was stardestroyer.net, I never really got involved in the community and I've since lost my password for my account; but I lurk it to this day.

First forum I rped on was A Sailormoon Romance which I joined because some highschool friends were on it, from there I was invited over to a couple small forums I can't remember and a Gaia Guild. I was pretty active over on gaia for about four years when I switched over to here.

BMR is now my primary home on the internet, I do occasionally take a look at Gaia and Guilty Pleasures.

Gaia is such a train wreck though. Has been four the past six years. I go on every once in a while to see how it's still functioning with all the shitty inflation.

BMR and Lit are my main hubs now too. I've never actually been on Gaia. I think I made an account once but I was convinced to do so for a friend and didn't stay past a couple hours and didn't do anything while there. It seemed to have a troubling interface if I remember, like navigating was a bitch but mostly because I'm used to forums looking like BMR.

It used to be much smaller than it is now, back in '03-'04.

Those were the good old days...

Bluemoon is my main forum as well, seeing as how my other one died a long time ago when the owner decided to stop paying for it. I also lurk reddit a lot now.

I've been on message boards since around 2000. I started with small Dragon Ball Z role-playing boards, and found some graphics design message boards around 2003 or 2004. In 2004 I joined Gaia, and was pretty addicted. I'm pretty sure I stayed at Gaia until sometime in 2008, when I then joined one of the previous iterations of BMR. Haven't used any other role-playing board since finding BMR.

Oh god... ages. The day we got internet at school (I must have been 14) was the day i registered to my first forum (unicum)... so 14 (almost 15) years.

Yes, I'm a fossil. *laughs* The real stone age was the 70s and 80s BBS numbers. I've read archives of those, but that all occured basically before I was born.

Trygon said:
Yes, I'm a fossil. *laughs* The real stone age was the 70s and 80s BBS numbers. I've read archives of those, but that all occured basically before I was born.

I looked that up. Fascinating, and yes...I can imagine it being the stoneage. :D

Gosh, I joined Final Fantasy VIII Kingdom back in 2003-2004. I was looking for some form of MMORPG back then and in my naivety thought that would be it. It was there that I first started role playing :)

Back
Top Bottom