Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do You Believe in Aliens?

Do you believe in aliens from outer space?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I like to set things on fire

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
Well? If you do/don't, what are your theories and explanations for people's experiences and certain phenomenon?

Do I believe in extra-terrestrial life? Yes, of course. Do I believe that little green men have visited Earth and stuck a probe up inside someone's ass? Not likely.

Seeing as how the observable universe contains hundreds of billions of galaxies, each host to hundreds of billions of stars, I would like to think that is too many rolls of the cosmic dice for the odds to favor a situation where we're alone in the universe. Pair this with the widely accepted Big Bang Theory that leads to suggest the universe is about 13.7 billion years old, and who's to say that life is only capable of existing during our thin little slice of that time-line?

What would alien life be like if it's out there, somewhere? In my opinion, most commonly, it would be some sort of micro-organism. It would greatly depend on the environment in which it evolved, of course, and also if it's carbon based, or say... silicon.

Another factor to consider is the multiverse theory, or even the infinite universe theory. If the universe is infinite in size, it would be mathematically impossible for there not to be exact replicas of each of us somewhere out there in the distance universe, due to the possibilities of the quantum states of space each of us occupy. In fact, this idea supports an infinite number of exact replicas. This could arguably mean "aliens" as well.

Sorry for the rambling! On topic, my opinion on people's experiences with extra terrestrial life is not a very exciting one. I have never heard anyone's story that isn't easily debunked by the experience being in fact, a misunderstanding, or an outright lie. Just because someone experiences something that they aren't able to explain with science and reason, still doesn't mean it's what they think it may be. Occam's Razor is super handy here. It's fun to think about, though.

Not at all! Thank you for the ramble, Rauk! :) You bring up a lot of good points and theories surrounding this particular idea. Does anybody blame the government for the sightings and "abductions"? What do you guys think of Ancient Aliens? I know a lot of the TV show has been debunked but still, I think it's a neat idea. ^.^

Yes, I believe we can't possibly be alone in the multiverse. I think it would be really weird if we were! I think there are probably lots of different types, possibly very closely related due to physical reproductive compatibility. I've read some of Zechariah Sitchin's books and, though I'm no expert on the bible, he makes a very good case for us being descended from alien/human hybrids. I find it fascinating.

A friend I trust implicitly has twice seen a black triangular shaped craft that simply disappeared. It was out in the boonies (as usual!) but broad daylight afternoon. The truth is out there....;)

Astronomically, it's impossible that Earth is the only planet capable of life.
The universe is so vast, and there are galaxies just like ours with a sun and surrounding planets... That even if there's only 1 planet for every Galaxy (like ours), there'd be millions, even billions of planets capable of hosting life, too.

We cannot be the only ones. It's naive to think we are.

i'm not gonna sit here and say that i believe most of the conspiracies that are out there regarding other forms of species, but.. there's too much dark area to really know anything. we don't even know what's in our own ocean, for fuck sake - the rest of the universe? its size is absolutely unimaginable. not to mention, the laws of everything could be completely different than what we've assumed. it's ridiculous to sit there and say that there's 'proof' of humans being the only living lifeform, when there isn't. and whenever someone does try and provide some sort of evidence of another lifeform, it's immediately shot down as fake, or a ploy.

there's too many things that go on that we don't understand to really put our two cents in. all the weird anomalies that happen in the sky, for example, let alone the towns that've been apparently hit with rushes of 'alien activity'. the movie fourth kind really does open your eyes to the possibility that we have no idea, and we're all ignorant.

just gonna put this out there, too; reptilians. heard quite a bit about them; there's a fuckton of shit on them. it's out there, left field, and extremely mind blowing to believe to ever be possible. but. what if it is?

Reptilians? I don't know, that's a little far for me. That's right up there with Lynks disease, lol. I think that reptilians masquerading as humans as a theory, denies our worst natures, and tries to pin it on some "other" like trying to hide from the fact that we're all capable of brutal, animal savagery. Might not feel like that's what it is about but I believe that is at the root of the delusion.

i have no idea where the whole reptilians thing even sprouted - i didn't devote that much energy into it, honestly. but i do know that a fuckton of conspirators seem to think that they're masquerading as our politicians, and whatnot. oh, and want to eat our babies. so, i mean, like i said, definitely wasn't weighing in on that being actually true.

but the idea's intriguing, at least, to think about another species being able to basically camouflage among 'regular humans'.

camouflage isn't something that's really uncommon when talking about aliens. i think it was actually recently that an unidentified spacecraft was being filmed, and then materialized into nothing, and the person holding the camera surprisingly had a steady hand, so it wasn't just a slip out of frame type deal.

i don't know. i just think that automatically brushing off the idea is silly. of aliens, anyway. not like.. reptilians.

It's statistically unlikely that we are alone in the Universe.

There are hundreds of Billions of stars, billions of planets in our Galaxy alone.

If there isn't another being that's sentient in the universe I'd be surprised. For all we know, the fantasy of Star Wars is actually happening trillions of light years away and we'd never know.

Instinctively, I believe there has to be other life out there, due to the vastness of the Universe, but then I keep running into the Fermi Paradox, which in a nutshell, is:

"The apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence and high probability estimates for the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations.

I'll just wait until (if/when) they're discovered which, due to a private investor throwing $100m into a SETI project last year, might become a little easier to do.

Given the universe is infinite or close to it, I would say that somewhere there would have to be other life forms.

In regards to Earth, so many cultures have stories and theories about "Spacemen" these stories originated before telephones and the internet so the chances that a tribe in South America shared these stories with Egyptians for example would have been unlikely. Yet all these stories from different cultures are very similar. It does make you wonder.

Manic said:
Given the universe is infinite or close to it, I would say that somewhere there would have to be other life forms.

In regards to Earth, so many cultures have stories and theories about "Spacemen" these stories originated before telephones and the internet so the chances that a tribe in South America shared these stories with Egyptians for example would have been unlikely. Yet all these stories from different cultures are very similar. It does make you wonder.

I tend to believe more in the Collective Unconscious for that one, because it kind of speaks to a biological programming like the human version of instinct. Or at least how our minds interpret instinct.

Manic said:

I agree 100% with this. Surely in this whole universe, even just our galaxy there is other life. Mars once had water and if you think about it any celestial body with ice on it does contain the building blocks for life.

And again, how can these ancient cultures depict this that are so modern despite thier own technology level at the time? Im just hoping the 'Aliens' out there aren't like the Reapers from Mass Effect or we'll be wishing we didnt find life out there XD

sixlikesgore. I've seen a lot of stuff on reptilians too. But it is where I get lost. I once waded through a David Icke book. Think it was called The Biggest Secret and he basically detailed most of what I thought about politicians being puppets etc. of a darker power so to speak. But then he started on about the reptilians and I was lost. If I remember correctly, he said a friend of his saw a politician actually turn into one and back again, so to me this was secondhand evidence. Then again, I've just related my friend's UFO story saying I trust him implicitly, so......

But the next thing I read Icke's saying he's seen somebody "shapeshift" from politician to reptilian and back again. He seems obsessed with the reptilian stuff. A friend went to one of his gigs, and though it lasted about ten hours, he apparently held the crowd spellbound. But therein may lie the problem....;)

He does seem sincere, but so much of his take on spirituality is hallucinogen-based. Pretty sure I'd see a few reptilians on the old mescaline etc. :)

Yes I do.

Have they come to Earth and done just a single action told by us from television shows -- NO!

They are out there, but coming to Earth just to do childlike actions and leaving, that is not rational.

I believe that aliens do exist somewhere out there in the universe. My theory is they are about as advanced as we are, so no one has really developed space travel advanced enough to find each other yet.

Zeth said:
I believe that aliens do exist somewhere out there in the universe. My theory is they are about as advanced as we are, so no one has really developed space travel advanced enough to find each other yet.

True, but there are more advanced then we are by millions of years. Question being, they can be thousands of light years away, or, millions of light years away.

Then again, if and only if we do become advanced to visit our local stars. Would we really be interested in visiting someone as just as advanced as ourselves. I really do not find going back in time 10,000 years ago just to see people in caves. And it would be around 10,000 years before we really have the mode just to visit other intelligent life on a different star.

For the sake of argument, let's say that aliens exist and they have already contacted us and in fact have been visiting here for a long time. Do you think people could handle this knowledge? I've wondered with the climate as of late how humanity would deal with the reveal that, malicious or good, alien life forms have been in contact with us and it has been kept secret for a long time by the globalist leaders of the world.

No. I’m sorry. I just don’t believe in them. I think people think they’ve seen and experienced things. Why? Who knows. I don’t want to speculate on why. To do so, may come across as making light of what they’ve gone through, and I don’t want to do that.

AndNich123 said:
No. I’m sorry. I just don’t believe in them. I think people think they’ve seen and experienced things. Why? Who knows. I don’t want to speculate on why. To do so, may come across as making light of what they’ve gone through, and I don’t want to do that.

If you do not believe in Aliens, then after America builds the wall on the boarder were planning to build a wall in space. True, it would block the sunlight and we will freeze to death. Then again, bumper stickers are not really rational thought.

I very firmly believe in aliens. With how many stars are out there, I think it's very egotistical to think our one little insignificant planet is the only one with intelligent life. But I don't think they have visited us yet.

Based on human history alone, when a more advanced civilization finds a less advanced one, it usually doesn't fare well for the less advanced. I mean, look at what happened to the Native Americans for fuck sake. Almost completely destroyed because settlers had better technology.

I don't think they are advanced enough to reach us yet, but I fear what will happen if they ever do. I don't see "we come in peace" happening.

I don't have any personal experience or any evidence. I simply believe that there HAS to be something else out there. There's no way I can believe that only our little dustball in the entire universe is special enough to have evolved forms of life on it.

Back
Top Bottom