Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stand By Me (Liliana & Rskde)

He had felt something on his cheek while he slept, though he assumed it to be dust or maybe he rolled over on to the pillow or something. His thoughts constantly drifted to Eden, a constant worry of his that maybe she wasn't okay, they were supposed to be there for each other. But yet he couldn't even tell her how he honestly felt about her, maybe she didn't like him back, maybe she did, either way it would destroy everything they spent years building together, which is probably why they had grown so close.

Jason looks up at her when she walks in, he stands and looks down at her, his eyes locking with hers to notice the tears in them. "I think the question is if you're okay." He says to her quietly. "Have you been crying?" He asks, it wasn't a question to mock her, he seemed to be genuinely concerned. "That was a close call today, but I'm glad you're okay." He says to her, his lips pulling up into a half smile, the bandage covering the other half of his lips and face. He sits back down on the bed and looks up at her. "What's next Corporal? Are we gonna wait for my wounds to close before we roll out again? Not that I'm complaining.." He says seemingly to himself, but loud enough for her to hear.

He lifts his good hand up and runs his fingers through his hair, which had grown a little since their deployment, as he hadn't been taking care of it. He lays back down on his bed and looks up at the ceiling, considering the building had no air conditioning he was sweating a lot, wishing he could change out of his BDU's even for an hour or two. "We should rest, Eden." He says to her quietly. "No more watch, just barricade the room and actually rest for a little while." He suggests. "Your call."

Looking up to him, kicking herself for not wiping the tears away more. He didn't need to worry about her, when he was hurt right now. Seeing the concern in his eyes, knowing that he would be worrying about. As to why she was crying. Needing to be honest with him. "I will be better in time Jason. I was so scared that I had lost you out there. And you got hurt." Her voice wanting to break. But she wouldn't let that happen. They were both strong, there would be time for thoughts on this later. Crying even if she wanted to. Reaching up and wiping away whatever tears were left in her eyes. "Yes a very close call. I'm glad it wasn't worse." And there was that smile, the one that she had grown to like very much about him. "I'm okay because you saved my ass back there."

Sitting down on the end of his bed. Sighing her head hanging down. Trying to think of the best way to go about this. He needed to heal,out in the dirt and dust he would be at high risk. Knowing they both needed to rest. Going half ass on something like this would get them both killed in the process. Sighing she stands up from his bed. "Alright, we will stay here until you at least heal up more. I will get the door." Walking over to the door, she starts to put things in front of the door. Making it hard for anyone to get inside. Sweat rolls down her face, her clothes start sticking to her. It seemed to take to long. By the time it was done, she fell on the end of the bed.

"Ok, now I just flat out smell bad." A soft laugh falls from her lips. Not that she was really in the mood to be laughing at the moment. But she had to do something. Or she was going to mope around her all the time. And Jason didn't need to see her that way. Though he had seen her a lot of different ways. Meeting his eyes, "If you take a shower, I will redo your bandages. I have to anyways, so why don't you get first shower. Mine can wait until after. I will get us food ready and all." She wanted to take care of him. Even if he didn't like that to much. That was the way that she was. He should know that by now.

Jason gives her a nod, watching her reach up to wipe the tears from her eyes. "I got hurt because of my own stupid decision, honestly jumping head first through a glass door probably wasn't my greatest plan." He says with a chuckle. He sits up, his back resting against the headboard of the bed. He watches her stand to barricade the door, wishing more than anything that he could help her, but in his current condition he didn't see that happening. Jason rubs his eyes, still feeling fatigued despite his two hour nap, combat just seemed to tear away at him, making him tired more often than he had been during training.

Jason listens to her about showers, he gives her a nod and sits up, scooting over to the edge of the bed to grab his kitbag, opening it and grabbing a small tube of QuikClot, it would act as a temporary barrier between his blood and the outside. He pulls off the bandages from his arm, applying the medicine to his arm and then doing the same to his face, it would only last until he was out of the shower, hopefully by then his wounds would clot completely. He grabs an undershirt and a fresh pair of BDU's from his bag and walks into the bathroom, leaving the door unlocked in case Eden needed help, you never knew what could happen when in a combat zone.

He undresses and takes a five minute shower with warm water, the sun had baked the water in the tubes, so the only option was warm water, otherwise he would have made it cold. Once he's done he dries himself off and gets dressed in fresh clothing, leaving the bathroom and giving her a nod as he sits down. "If you're gonna baby me, do it right." He says with a chuckle, offering her his wounded arm to bandage, as it was the most severe of his wounds. Under his bandages his face looks a little messed up, the left side scratched beyond recognition, there would definitely be scarring on that side of his face.

As he gets up to go shower, laying down on the bed. This had taken a toll on her that is for sure. Her feelings where all over the place. Closing her eyes, for just a sec. When a loud noise came from outside. Jumping up from the bed, peeking out of the window. Just to see what was going on. It was just some locals. Her heart was beating out of her chest. She needed to get herself under control. But this was war, all bets were off that was sure. Sitting back down on the bed. Her hand not leaving her gun. She wold be sleeping with the damn thing tonight. Wanting to get Jason, but hell she was a big girl. No reason to run to him anytime that she felt a little scared.

Watching him come out of the bathroom. Laughing, she stands up from the bed. "Well, I'm not rocking you to sleep. Or singing you a song." Teasing him, sitting down on the side of the bed. Placing his arm in her lap. Reaching over and grabbing some bandages from the bag. She starts to wrap his arm once again. Trying to be as gentle as she could. But she had to keep it nice and tight. "Sorry if this hurts." Done with his arm, she moves a little closer. Patching up his face once once again. Her heart sank seeing how hurt he was. Keeping it those feelings locked inside for now. Checking her work after she was done with his face. "There you are all done." Patting his leg softly, standing up from the bed.

Going to look through the bag, getting out some MRE's. Walking to the edge of the bed. "We have beef stew and something with chicken. Which one do you want?" Smiling at him, "Do I need to feed it to you too. Make sure you don't push yourself to much." Teasing at him, to keep things light. With what is going on, it was good to laugh. At least a little bit.

Jason lays his arm across her lap, biting the inside of his cheek softly as she tries to wrap the bandage around his arm. His eyes close when she tends to the wounds on his face, at this point he wishes he could just curl up and make the pain go away, he also wishes for some morphine, but he knows that it would slow his reaction time and would make him weaker, he had to embrace the pain.

He watches her stand and walk over to their things, he smiles at her and laughs. "Hey, if you want to spoon feed me, I wouldn't complain." He says with a chuckle, obviously joking as he speaks. He moves over to her and looks in the bag of MRE's to pick one for himself. He lifts his hand to his face, rubbing his bandages lightly. He looks over at her and gives her another reassuring smile, not wanting her to worry too much about him.

He reaches out to her and takes the MRE from her, quickly eating it before tossing it in a small trash can next to the bed. "Eden.. Can I lay my head on your lap?" He asks her quietly. "I need to get some sleep.. And so do you, and since you're taking care of me, might as well, right?" He asks her while lifting his head to look at her.

It bothered her to see him in such pain. Wishing that she could take away his pain. He shouldn't have to go through this pain. Even if he did it to himself, he did it to save both of their lives. That made her heart even softer to him. If it gotten even more softer she would be mush. Not that she would mind being mushy for him. But she was a man's man. Not wanting to show any weakness. No matter what the reason was for.

Laughing, "Hey, I would as long as you don't get all messy." Joking with him once again. It felt good to smile after all the hell that was today. She was starting to feel somewhat normal again. Not knowing how long it was going last though. Keeping her mouth shut, he knew not to rub on them. But it had to be a bother to have them on his face. So, she wouldn't say a word to him about it. For now anyways. Reaching to his hand she squeezes it softly, smiling back softly. She would get him through this, she would always be there for him. No matter what happened.

Smiling as she shakes her head. She fixes her and eats her. Not really hungry but knowing that she needed to eat. Not being worth anything if she didn't eat at all. Throwing hers away, meeting his eyes. How could she say no to him. Not wanting to say no to him. Slipping off her gear and shoes. Climbing up on the bed, laying back on the head board of the bed. Smiling at him, "Sure you can Jason." Opening her arms to let him get settled and comfy.

Jason feels her hand grab his and he squeezes her hand back, she was always there for him, and he was always around for her. The moment their hands connected though, his heart nearly jumped out of his chest, as if unsure of how to react to her skin against his, even if it's something as simple as her hand touching his. Despite this, he manages not to show this emotion on the outside, as he is unsure of the possible effects it could have on them and their mission.

He gives her a smile when she says he can lay down next to her, he watches her lay down and he wraps his arms around her, burying the good side of his face into the crook of her neck, his breath skittering along her sensitive skin as he breathes. At this point she would be able to feel his escalated heart beat, the close proximity to her is making him nervous. His eyes close but open again before his head nuzzles her neck softly. "Do you ever wonder what life would be like if this war hadn't happened?" He asks her quietly.

He sighs quietly, Marines shouldn't be having those thoughts, they were meant to be the hard hitting cold hearted bastards on the field, the men and women who were willing to do anything to get their mission accomplished, but at this point he was having second thoughts, what made Fallujah so special that they were forced to come here to kill their enemy? His eyes close for a final time as he falls asleep, his heart rate and breathing rate returning to normal as he falls into the abyss of his mind.

Her heart jumps in her chest, feeling his arms wrap around her. Without a second thought, she wraps her arms around him. Rubbing his back softly. It felt so nice to be in his arms. To feel his hot breath brushing on her neck. It sent a shiver down her body. Feeling his heart beat, it seemed he had the same reaction she did to him. That was a comfront to her. To know that they were in the same boat as one another. The side of her lips pressing into the top of his head. Why had they waited so long to actually hold each other like this? She didn't even know the answer to that question. Maybe one day she would know that answer, if he ever told her and opened up to her. Her eyes fluttered closed, as she relaxed in his arms. His question bringing her out of her thoughts. "Sometimes yes I do wonder. And that is natural after what we have been through." Her voice soft.

When she felt that he was asleep, she kissed the top of his head. She worried about him, but he was in her arms, and she was in his. Right now, there was nothing to worry about. They were safe, no harm would come to them. Yawning, she cuddled closer to him. Not wanting to be apart from him. No space would be between them. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep in his arm.

Her dreams took her away from this hell hole that they were suppose to be in. Taking both her and Jason back to the world that was normal. No fear of being killed at hurt. Not losing one another. Spending time together, joking with one another. Holding each other, watching movies. Or just being. Not having to do anything. Just happy to be in each others arms. But the sweet and wonderful dreams turned to that of nightmares. He was gone, Jason wasn't in her dreams. Calling out for him, he called back. But was so far away. Her heart rate picked up in her sleep. Holding tighter to him, a soft whisper of his name fall from her lips in her sleep. Once she reached him in her dreams, she was in restful sleep once again.

His dreams were never peaceful now. It started a little normal, almost as if he had fallen asleep and just woke up the next morning. He walks up a small road, the sides of it invisible to him as he approaches the construction site they had set up shop in the first time, his sniper rifle resting in his hands. His mind had remembered the weight of it perfectly, everything in the dream felt real to him. Time skips forward and he is looking through the scope, at the HVT they had first taken out, he feels himself pull the trigger, but at the last moment.. The man turns into Eden. He watches with wide eyes as she falls to the ground, gasping for air, the 7.62mm bullet had made a small hole in the front of her torso, his mind so vividly remembers what the aftermath of the shot looked like that he thought it was real.

His eyes fly open in the middle of the night, he snakes himself out of her arms and sits up, sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands, he was hyperventilating. The night was freezing but he could feel sweat on his body, starting to freeze itself into his skin, but he didn't care about that. He tries to calm himself down but he just can't, the vivid image of his teammate and best friend dying by his own hand is all too real. He realized that his actions have a direct effect on her, what if he did get her killed? He wouldn't be able to live with himself. He continues to hold his head in his hands, wishing that they weren't here, for the first time he was truly starting to break, but he couldn't show that to Eden..

Feeling that the warmth had felt her. The night air seeped into her body. Her arms were empty, he was gone. No he was just there, they had fallen asleep in each others arms. She knew that, it wasn't a dream it couldn't be. Her gray eyes popping open. Looking in the dark, seeing him hunched over on the side of the bed. Something was wrong she could feel it. And she always went with what she felt. Jason needed her, even though he might not want to admit to her. She was going to be there for him. Moving from the bed, her feet touching the floor. Walking over and standing in front of him.

Getting down on her knees before him. Placing her hands on his forearms, her voice soft. Laced with worry and concern for him. "Jason?" Feeling the his sweat on his arms. Having never seen him like this before. Always putting on brave front. But he was dealing with some thing. She didn't know what it might be, but she had a couple ideas as to what it might be. Putting her face in line with his. Her thumbs softly stroking his arms. "Jason, please look at me." She needed him to look at her. To know what she was there for him. She would be strong for him, hold him up when he needed it. Let him that everything would be ok. No matter what happened.

Jason seems to calm down a little when he sees her, he feels her hands on his arms and hears her soft voice. His eyes flick up to meet hers, he hadn't been crying but his eyes were still bloodshot from the stress. "I'm sorry." He whispers to her quietly, his eyes locked on to hers as he speaks to her. "Just.. A bad dream." He says to her softly.

His arms raise and lock around her shoulders, pulling her into a hug, his face burying itself into the crook of her neck. "Every step of the way I feel like I'm doing something wrong." He whispers to her, his breathing had claimed but his heart rate was still through the roof. "I feel like I keep fucking up and I can't stop, I know you're trying to protect me but I'm also trying to protect you." He says to her quietly. "If you died Eden, I wouldn't be able to live with myself." He admits to her.

"Jason please don't be sorry about that." Lifting one of her hands to his cheek. She softly strokes it, "I'm just worried about...you...Jason." He looked so tired and worn out. Wishing that there was something that she could do. To take away all of his hurt and pain. It broke her heart, to see the man that she cared so much for. To be dealing with something that she couldn't take away from him. But she could make it easier for him. By being there for him whenever he needed her. Just like this moment now.

A little shocked when he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a hug. Wrapping her arms around his waist. Letting him say all that he needed to say. Holding him as tight as she could. Feeling that his heart rate had slowed down at all. Cuddling as close as she could to him. His words touching her deeply. Whispering softly, "You aren't doing anything wrong. You are making sure we stay alive. Doing anything you can to make sure that happens." Her breathing stops, she felt the same way if she ever lost him. Laying her head softly on his, tears fell from her eyes, starting to soak into his hair. Her voice almost showing just how much she hurt for him, how much she cared for him. "I'm not going to die Jason. We are both going to make it through this. Come hell or high water." Whispering softly, "I couldn't live with myself if you died either. So you see we both have to make it through this. Its just us against the world Jason." Holding tighter to him.

Jason's ragged breathing starts to return to normal, the embrace that they shared most definitely helped with that. He sighs quietly against her neck. He pulls away from her for a moment, looking at her while she cries. "Eden.." He says to her softly. "Thank you." He says to her while pulling her back into his embrace.

"Eden, I think I understand how you feel." He mutters to her quietly. "I can't get you out of my head, you're not just my friend.. Or even my teammate, I feel something for you Eden... I can't even describe it but I know it's there, and I just want to be with you at all times, I want to understand you and get to know you better than I already do." He says to her. He presses his lips against her cheek. "It makes me want to do that." He explains to her quietly. He pulls her back to the bed and holds her again, his head resting against hers. "I've honestly felt like this from the start, I've just never had the courage to mention it to you." He says softly.

Letting out a soft sigh, feeling that his breathing was starting to go back to normal. Locking her tear soaked eyes with his. "No thanks needed Jason. Its what I'm here for. I will always be here for you. No matter what." Burying her head in his neck. Taking comfront in his strong arms. Trying to stop herself from crying. She was suppose to be strong for Jason. And she was in his arms crying. But he had seen through her acting tough and hard. Seeing how she truly is as a woman.

Pulling back a little bit to look at him while he talked. Her heart leaped in her chest. He was telling her how he felt. Like she had tried to tell him before. Smiling softly, as he kissed her cheek. Her eyes flutter close, at the feel of his lips. As he pulled her back on the bed, she cuddles as close as she can to him. Her fingers softly tracing on his back. "I have been trying to tell you what you just told me Jason. Because..." She pauses for a moment. "I feel the same about you Jason. I told you once, but you had fallen asleep on me when I did. And I was trying to find the right moment to bring it back up. But I was scared you didn't feel the same." She admitted to him. "Things changed for me, the moment you called me fun size. Even though that was a moment you pissed me off." Her voice soft and clam. "I have kissed your cheek while you slept." Never thinking she would ever admit that to him. "But now I can do this with you awake." Pressing her lips to his cheek.

Jason sighs quietly, his eyes closing as he listens to her voice speak to him. "I didn't think you felt the same." He says to her quietly while resting his forehad against hers. "You kissed me in my sleep?" He asks with a laugh, his eyes closing as her lips press to his cheek. "Maybe I have something better." He mutters to her before pressing his lips against hers. He had missed girls before, but Eden was different, he genuinely wanted to spend time with this woman, he breaks the kiss after a moment. "That was.. Amazing." He mutters to her.

He nuzzles his head against hers, his arms still wrapped around her as they lay there. "I don't know what my life would be like without you, but I would never want to live that reality." He whispers to her before burying his head into her neck, his eyes closing. "You're the only thing keeping me alive Eden." He says to her softly.

A smile spreads across her face, "It seems we both thought that. Because I thought you didn't think you felt the same either." Her fingers working slowly up his back. Giggle softly, "Yeah I kissed you in your sleep, on the cheek. You were out like a light." Something better? The moment that his lips met hers, she melted into his arms. Kissing him back, her mouth moves with his. Sneaking one of her hands from around him. Placing it on his cheek, as they kiss a little bit longer. Her heart was doing back flips in her chest. Never having had felt this while kissing someone. It was an amazing feeling that was for sure. Her smile, widens on her face. Breathless, "You said it."

Wiggling her arm back around him, "Since you came into my life. It has all changed, I never want that to change." His words rang deep in her soul. She planned on never leaving him. He was stuck with her, the moment that they sat in that class room together. Their fates were sealed. In that moment she felt how deep his feelings were for her. He didn't have to say no more because she knew. As he buries his head in her neck, her lips right at his ear. Whispering softly, "You are my world Jason. You always will be." Nuzzling his cheek softly, her eyes softly closing. Relaxing in the arms of the man that stole her heart, without her knowing it.

Jason chuckles. "I don't think I mind that you kissed me in my sleep." He admits, sighing softly against her skin. He presses his lips against her neck, his eyes closing, feeling as if he is in complete bliss. "I wish we could live in this moment forever." He says to her quietly, his eyes closing again as he feels her lips near his ear. He shivers lightly, obviously his ears are a little bit sensitive. He holds her close to him, never wanting to let go.

He moves away from her neck and presses his lips against hers again, as if her lips were an addiction that needed to be quenched. His arms remain around her, his hands move up to her hair, allowing his fingers to run through her tangled curls. "You and me. Agaisnt this whole city." He whispers to her quietly. "Nothing can stop us when we're together." He mutters to her.

Eden giggles, "Well, good you don't because it wouldn't matter right now anyways. It already happened." A shiver rocked her body as he pressed his lips to her neck. "I wish we could to, Jason." Never having to leave each others arms for a moment. Just be in this sweet and loving moment with him. Smiling on his ear feeling him shiver. She would have to play with his ears a little more. Pressing her lips once again to his ear, kissing up and down the edge of his ear. Her hot breath brushing his ear.

It felt so good to have his lips on her once again. Kissing him again, slowly. Wanting to live this moment for as long as could. She was a puddle in his arms. He didn't know it, but her hair was something she loved to have played with. And with Jason doing it, it made it even more special to her. Leaning her forehead to his, not letting go of him. "They don't know who they messed with." her voice soft. They would make it out of this. Pressing her lips to his once again. Laying her head on his chest. Listening to strong beat of his heart. Pressing her lips to his peck. She would protect his heart, nothing would hurt him ever again. Or they would have hell to pay for it.

Jason groans quietly as her lips press to his ear, she seemed to like his fingers in her hair, so he decides to note that for later on. He presses his lips to her neck once more. He pulls away so that her lips can meet his once again, his eyes closing as he enjoys the moment with her. His eyes flutter open the moment her lips leave his.

"We should sleep." He whispers to her, running his fingers through her hair. "While this is something amazing, Eden.. We gotta be careful." He says. "There's no way we can get through this if we're all over each other constantly." He mutters before chuckling. "So how about we wait to do anything too serious until we get home." He suggests. "Unless you can't wait."

Sighing, she knows that they should sleep. But it would be hard, she would do what she needs to. And sleep in his arms would be her idea of heaven inside the hell they were living in now. She understood, they didn't need to be caught off guard with their pants down. Sighing, he was right. Whispering, "As much as I would want to Jason. We can wait as long as we can." Giggling softly, "Can you wait?" Pressing a kiss to his neck. She knew that she was teasing him. But she would be as good as she could.

Nuzzling into his neck, she cuddles in his arms. Letting her eyes close. Feeling safe and sound in his arms. If he woke her for any reason. Whatever that reason that might be. She wouldn't mind it at all. And she wanted the moment they were together, something special. But anything would with Jason would be special. Sleep didn't take long to pull her under. Her breathing evening out, falling asleep in his arms.

Jason groans as her lips press against his neck. "You're not making this easy.." He mutters to her. "I don't think I'll last too long around you." He mutters. "Give it a day or two and I won't be able to wait, especially with your teasing." He says to her, his fingers continuing to run through her hair. "Plus you're too sexy to resist." He says to her while moving away from her neck, nuzzling against her head with his own.

He watches her eyes close, he continues to stroke her hair softly, wanting her to sleep peacefully. Once he's sure she's asleep he closes his eyes, slipping back into his sleep while holding her tightly against him. His sleep is uninterrupted this time, he sleeps peacefully with her side by side.

In the morning he wakes with her next to him, he smiles, his lips stretching the bandages on his face lightly. He slips out of bed and walks into the bathroom, peeling off one of his bandages on his face, at this point these wounds have started to scar, the scars moving from the left side of his chin to the top left corner of his forehead. He takes off his head bandages, leaving his arm bandages on just in case. He looks over at her on the bed, smiling lightly at her form. He walks over to her and sits down on the edge of the bed, shaking her lightly. "Eden, time to wake up." He says to her quietly.

She giggles, "Oh was I suppose to make it easy for you, Jason?" Holding him a little tighter as she teased him. She knew that she should want to make it easier on him. Because is turn she would make it easier on herself. Because he made her feel things that she never thought she would feel anyone. Especially someone that she was above. Her body relaxing feeling his fingers run through her hair. Having always loved to have someone play with her hair. And she would admit that having Jason run his fingers through her hair. Brought with it more then just a relaxing feeling to her. It warmed her in ways that she loved. Smiling as she nuzzles with him, "You are a charmer. But I do like you thinking that about me."

As she slept, no dreams came to her. She felt safe in his arms. Enjoying the dreamless sleep that she was having. And it was restful sleep. Who knew that sleeping in Jason arm's, would do this to her. Not really letting her guard down around anyone. Having to keep it up so not to get close to anyone. But that had changed with Jason. It made her happy, even in a time of war.

As the dawn broke on the next morning. She was out like a light. Most any noise would have woken her. Her hand falls from around Jason's stomach. Curling on his side of the bed. His weight pushing the bed down, making her body roll closer to his. As he lightly shakes her awake. Her eyes open slowly, a smile spreading across her face. The moment they land on Jason's smiling face. "Well good morning Jason." Noticing that he hand taken off the bandages. Sliding up, reaching to his chin. She softly traces up, checking to make sure that he was ok. "These look much better." Leaning up more, she kisses up slowly up scars. Then kissing back down and to his lips. Wrapping her arms around him, "I hope that you slept well. I know that I did." Laying her head on his chest, enjoying the sound of his heart beat under her ear.

Jason gives her a smile as she wakes up, nodding at her comment about his wound. "Yeah, you really helped with that." He says to her quietly, though the side of his face would look either badass from the scars or just really ugly, depending on who was viewing them. His eyes close as her hand touches his chin, it felt gentle and loving as it made its way up his face to feel the scars that had formed from the glass that was once embedded into his face.

He seems to light up a little when she kisses his scars and thenhis lips, which respond as soon as her lips connect to his. His arms wrap around her and he lays back down with her before she breaks away, his eyes open and look down into hers as he listens to her words. His hands go back to stroking her hair when she lays her head on his chest, his head bobbing in response to her comment. "I've never slept better." He admits to her with a light chuckle.

"Can we just stay in bed all day, Eden?" He asks her quietly. "Please, I need to a day away from that hell outside." He says to her softly, his voice laced with a mixture of fear and legitimacy, Marines were never supposed to be afraid.. Something must've scared him bad. "I'll still do my job if we gotta go out, but I feel that moving now would compromise our mission more than anything, wouldn't you agree?" He asks her while leaning down and pressing his lips to the top of her head. His heart beat had increased substantially since her head had rested on his chest, despite having admitted their feelings for each other he is still a nervous wreck around her.

Smiling softly, "I'm always here to help Jason." They were a team, they were also becoming more then that it would seem. It was a very slow process from them to get to this point. All starting out a day in school. Yes they weren't in the best of places, but they were together. They would both come out of this together. A little stronger then they were before they got here. He looked so much better, not having blood running down his face. She was so happy that he was still with her and something worse didn't happen. She couldn't handle if it was worse.

Feeling his arms wrap around her, she melts into his embrace. A warmth bubbling up inside of her. This is right where she wanted to be. No where else in the world would she want to be. Softly she sighed as he held her. "I'm so glad to hear that. I have been worried about how you have been sleeping. But now that will all change for the better." She could see her self getting used and addicted to sleeping next him. "I knew I was good for something." She giggles a little bit. Her eyes flutter close as he plays with her hair once again. "You know I could get used to you playing with my hair." Tracing softly on his abs. Just needing to touch him more.

Hearing the fear in his voice, made her hold him tighter. She didn't like that he was scared of something. "I think that would be a good idea. We both need it, I think." Squeezing her eyes shut tighter, holding back the tears that wanted to run down her cheeks. "We will only go out if we need to. So right now, we will not move from this bed." Rubbing the tears from her eyes as fast as she could. Turning she rest her chin on his chest. Her hand resting on right over his heart. "Safe right here with each other. Two of the best right here." A sweet smile playing on her lips, "Don't you worry about a thing and just relax." Feeling his heart race, it made her smile a little more. Leaning up to him she presses her lips to his. Her heart beating out of her chest.

Jason holds her as she kisses him, his lips pressing back against hers in turn, just a moment of silence where he gets to kiss her is a moment well spent to him. He slowly breaks from her kiss, his eyes flicking up to meet hers. "I wish we were home." He whispers to her quietly, he could see the tears stained into her eyes, she must be afraid too, that's all he could tell.

He leans back on the bed, his eyes closing and his fingers running through her soft hair. "Eden.. I could go for a shower.. And in my wounded state, of course, I would like to ask that you attend me to make sure I don't slip and fall." He says to her with a chuckle. "Only for professional reasons, of course." He says while rubbing her back with his free hand. "And an opportunity for us to get clean without wasting too much water, tis the Marine Corps way, eh?" He asks her.

Back
Top Bottom