Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Things (w/ rskde)

Ancityle

Moon
Abigail's pulse raced, her jugular throbbing and her chest feeling constricted as she glanced down at her phone. In a few minutes the bell was going to ring signalling the end of the school day, and the seventeen year old brunette was aching for the day to be done with. Even she could be scared once in a while, as much as she didn't want to admit it, and today was one of those days. It took a lot to freak her out.

After quite a while of debate with herself, she had decided that today was going to be the day that she finally admitted one of her biggest secrets to Camilla. She'd been graced with a friend who got her inside and out, but that didn't keep Abby from being worried that this would go wrong. Fuck, she didn't even have a reason to think that Camille was anything but straight, so she was probably making her own death wish.

She had to say something, though. Abigail Cross was not one to dwell, nor was she one to tread on the careful side of life. She twirled her thumb over the keypad of her phone a few times, debating what to say. "Meet me at my locker?" She elected on, and sent the text as two minutes remained before the bell would ring. It was a text she had sent many times before, but it had never been as nervewracking as this.

Camille's day had been going pretty well, she absentmindedly twirls her hair with her thumb as she stares at the clock in her AP History class, she groans internally as the teacher lectures on and on, never giving the class a break from notes. She feels her phone buzz in her pocket and she slides it out, eyeing the message before opening it, biting the inside of her cheek before sending a reply. "Sure thing, seeya there!" She taps the send option with her thumb before slipping her phone back into her pocket.

Honestly she didn't have any suspicions about being asked to meet Abigal, they were basically best friends now so she probably just wanted to talk about clothes and parties that she was invited to. For some odd reason Abigal seemed popular to Camille, even though Camille normally got all of the attention from people around her, she was just that kind of person. Camille had secretly liked Abigal at first, but those feelings were quickly shoved down as their friendship developed, plus Abigal was an upper classmate, why would she ever even give Camille romantic attention.

Just thinking of this makes Camille distracted, she quickly realizes this and also realizes she had just missed the last five minutes of notes in the class. She groans internally again as the bell rings, she would have to get notes from her classmates. She slips her books under her slender arm before standing and walking out of the room, walking at her own pace to her own locker to pack up her backpack. She then hoists her backpack on to her shoulder and walks to Abigal's locker, hoping that she would still be there.

"Hey Abby." She says with a smile, leaning against the locker next to Abigal's while watching the girl. "What's up? Did you need something?" She asks.

Abigail had just finished packing her bag when Camille had shown up, all blonde hair and blue eyes and nothing but perfection. She'd just gotten rid of the flutter in her heart and now it was back again - fuck. She bit her lip before turning around and greeting her best friend with a smile.

"Nope, just wanted to know if you wanted to go get ice cream with me?" The summer heat was beating down on the world now - and especially in the school, which seemed to have no concept of air conditioning. Luckily next week was exam week, so they would be out of this place pretty soon and have two months of relaxation in front of them. It would be their first summer as real friends - they'd first met each other a few months ago last year and they hadn't started getting close until the first semester of this year when they had ended up sharing a class. (Much to Abby's dismay, she'd realized that she would need the class to graduate and she'd forgotten to take it.) (Okay, that was a lie. The guidance counsellor had tried to get her to take it in sophomore year but at the time it hadn't seemed important.)

"How does that sound?" She asked, hopeful that Camille would say yes. "I just got paid, it's on me. We can stop at the park near by, dip our feet in the splash pad."

Camille raises her eyebrows. "You're kidding you would honestly treat me to ice cream? You're awesome!" She says with a grin on her face, honestly she hadn't been expecting that from Abigal. "Will you drive me? I still don't have my license." She admits with a laugh, running a hand through her hair as she speaks. "And stop by the park, honestly that sounds perfect right now, I am sooooo stressed out, you probably know, exams and all of that." She says with a huff. "Last year was so easy and now it's like a living hell, like, what happened?" She says.

"Anyway, let's get moving! With the heat outside they might run out of ice cream." She says jokingly while starting to walk up the hall in the direction of the student parking lot. "So, question, any special occasion for this ice cream? You know me, I'm awful with the days, for all I know it's the Fourth of July already." She says with a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom