Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

On the Twelfth Night... (Madam Mim and Xana)

Sebastian sighed as Olivia insisted, reminding him of things Viola promised her. It made sense, really. Viola trying to make Olivia like her, finding another woman with her queer sensibilities. It couldn’t be helped. “Alright, I’m sure my sister would just adore having a woman to spar with, and if it makes you happy, I could possibly deny you.” Her smile was infectious, just as Viola had mentioned a dozen times in her letters. It was easy to imagine agreeing to a great deal of things, just to bask in the glory of that smile.

“The garden, hmm?” Sebastian laughed, undeniably intrigued by the idea. He knew from the letters that Olivia loved the gardens, thought he wouldn’t have guessed that much. “I don’t that it would be dull, just to share our first time in our bed. We have the rest of our lives to try the gardens. Or the library. And at least once on that large table in the dining hall. “ He teased, swooping in to kiss her cheek. “At least, we will see what we can fit in before our children are running about the grounds.” With that he left her to finish dressing, readying himself to leave on his “Physician appointment.”

After a month spent bandaging herself tightly enough to fool Olivia, Viola found a corset almost easy to wear. The dress was a bit much, a dark, shimmery blue with gold accents, with heavy, voluminous skirts, but she had to look the part of Viola now. And Viola couldn’t begin to look anything like Sebastian, despite their identical appearance, for fear of Olivia putting the pieces together. Still, she wished she could have put on some pants.

She sighed loudly as the carriage pulled closer to Olivia’s estate, the place she had called home for the last month, with the woman she had called wife. “Why am I doing this?” She asked, to no one in particular, but Antonio was opposite her, so he took it upon himself to answer.

“To help your brother get adjusted to married life,” Antonio reminded her, upper lip curled into a reassuring smile. He was almost handsome, she could admit. She had tried kissing him once, when they were both 15, and she was terrified about the feelings she was developing for women, but she felt nothing for him, and almost vomited after. He had tried not to take it so hard. “We’re here,” he announced, stepping out and offering a hand to help her as well. With a deep breath, she prepared herself to meet Olivia again, this time as Viola.

"And it's a good thing, too," Olivia said cheekily when Sebastian conceded that he wouldn't deny her, "considering how much you've gone on about it. Besides, you know how spoiled I get." He leaned in to kiss her cheek as he teased her, then mentioned their children running around the grounds. The Countess positively beamed at him. She loved whenever he mentioned children; when she'd mentioned it before their wedding he hadn't seemed to keen, and even now he seldom brought it up, but his mind seemed to be slowly changing.

While her husband was at his appointment with the physician Olivia flitted about, directing staff and helping to ready things for Viola's arrival. Despite knowing she was their superior she never liked to laze about while there were people busy around her. When she'd heard her future sister-in-law's name was Viola she'd had a few transplanted from the "official" gardens into her private one and had begun tending to them. It was from here that she plucked a single flower when she saw the carriage coming down the long gravel drive before rushing back to the entrance hall. A servant was just opening the door for her and Antonio when Olivia arrived, slightly flushed.

"Viola! How lovely to meet you at last!" Olivia immediately embraced her, warm as ever, smiling genuinely before leaning over to kiss Antonio's cheek in greeting. She was excited to finally meet her sister-in-law; if she got on so famously with Sebastian then surely she and Viola would become fast friends. She held up the single flower for her to take. "I thought you might like it," she said, suddenly feeling a little shy. It was the sort of gift a little girl might give, but it had seemed so important before. "I tend to my own private gardens and knew I had to have some when I learned your name, and I've heard so much more about you since. Would you like to take tea out there?"

Olivia was as warm and genial as when they first met, over a month ago. Warmer perhaps, toward her sister in law than she was to her betrothed. After all, she was still sizing up Sebastian, when she met Viola as him. Now they were related, and there was little reason not to be friendly. Still, it was hard on Viola, to hug this woman, and not pull her close. Not to kiss her, or run fingers through her hair. She found she was very aware of how soft Olivia felt, and for how long they hugged. Still, she forced a warm smile as Olivia gave her the flower.

“It is very lovely. I’ll be sure to press it in a book, so I can keep it,” Viola suggested, following Olivia into the garden to drink tea. She seemed happy, no idea about the switch that had taken place just last night. That was…good, Viola decided. Everything went exactly to plan. Olivia would get everything she wanted now, everything Viola could never give her. A proper wedding night, children. Sebastian and Olivia could live out their days in happiness. And she could get her education. It felt like a consolation prize at the moment.

“Sebastian told me much about you, over the letters he has sent,” Viola remarked, as they took their seats. The scent of flowers reminded her of trysts in the gardens, playful chasing that usually ended with kissing and cuddling. “I have to say, your garden is just as impressive as he suggested.” She sipped from her Tea, to distract herself from the small talk she had already made once before, and the urge to lose herself in Olivia’s beautiful brown eyes.

When Viola accepted the flower, genuinely seeming pleased with it, Olivia grinned before leading her out to the gardens. The vegetables were lovely but there was little color to them right now, all green, so she'd had a table set up in the flower garden. She poured they tea as they chatted. Viola did look remarkably like her brother, it was uncanny.

"He's told me much about you, too," Olivia replied, ignorant of just how much Viola knew her. "He's mentioned also that you have an interest in fencing? He almost changed his mind this morning about letting you teach me, for whatever reason, but I've convinced him. If you're willing, that is. He said you might like another woman to spar with."

She sipped her tea and Viola commented on the garden. Olivia smiled appreciatively. "Thank you. I've a vegetable and an herb garden, too. I use the flowers and herbs to make soaps and whatnot, and every vegetable you eat here will have been tended to by me personally. Your brother is particularly fond of the strawberries." There was a mischievous twinkle in her eye as she was unaware of how painful her little inside joke would be to Viola. "So what other interests do you have, apart from fencing?"

"I would welcome another woman to spar with, if only to protect my brothers ego. He is a stronger duelist, but I am faster and speed is more important than strength, in these contests." Viola explained, the joy she took in the sport briefly eclipsing the pain of being so close to Olivia, and unable to touch or kiss her. And then Viola asked about hobbies, the same she did a month ago, and Viola realized she needed to come up with different answers than she gave as Sebastian.

"Spurning suitors, according to my parents," she joked, letting laughter give her time to think of something. "But I also enjoy dancing and horseback riding. There is something about the feeling of wind in your hair as coax a gallop from a stallion that makes you feel alive, you know?"

"So, you are happy, with my brother?" Viola found the courage to finally ask. Still, she wasn't entirely sure she wanted the answer, as she continued, before giving Olivia a chance to respond, "Sebastian went on and in about how lucky he was to have you as a wife. I have to say it lifts my heart to know my twin is so elated by his nuptials." It was only a have lie. She was jealous of Sebastian, but she did want him to be happy.  And if Olivia and Sebastian could find happiness with each other, Viola should give them her blessing.

"Well, we'll have to go riding together some time then," Olivia insisted when Viola told her she enjoyed riding. "The grounds and woods are lovely this time of year. I'm afraid I have two left feet when it comes to dancing though. I've never been the most graceful of sorts, much to my parents' consternation." She shrugged, accepting the limitations of her body with grace and humor.

Then Viola asked whether she was happy with Sebastian. She opened her mouth to answer, but closed it again as she went on about how much Sebastian had written about her. Olivia set down her teacup and took her sister-in-law's hand with both of her own, looking earnestly at her. "Viola," she said seriously, "sometimes it feels as though God personally made your brother just for me. I know that I sound silly for saying so after only a month, but I'm just deliriously in love with him. It felt as though I had been walking around only half-completed my entire life, I just didn't realize it until I met him." Olivia smiled gently. "I can only hope that some day you find your own suitor, if your parents can't find a decent one for you, who makes you as happy as he's made me."

She squeezed her hand gently before letting it go and leaning back into her seat. "I haven't seen him since before breakfast, though. He went to the physician to see if they can take off those damnable bandages yet and he's been scarce since. Shall we find him?"

The prospect of riding with Olivia, if only to give her an excuse to wear pants, brightened Viola's mood. Though it didn't take much to lower it again. The feel of Olivia's hands, soft and squeezing her own, brought up memories. Combined with the joy on Olivia's as she spoke of the happiness of her union. It was nearly enough to break Viola's heart.

Was it a point in her favor, that Olivia was so enamored Sebastian, given the the time she posed as him? It was a bitter consolation, now that Olivia was no longer hers. All she could hope was that Sebastian would bring Olivia as much happiness as they had shared this first month.

"I can only hope that some day you find your own suitor, if your parents can't find a decent one for you, who makes you as happy as he's made me."

How can I, when the perfect woman sits across from me, exulting my brother and her love for him. Still, she forced a smile, "I am sure you are right, sweet Olivia. At the end of the month, I am to travel to Montpelier to meet yet another suitor. Per chance he will be the one!"

It wasn't long after Olivia questioned his absence that Sebastian showed up, alongside Antonio. He kissed Olivia on her cheek, ignorant of the jealousy it caused Viola. "I am glad to see you getting along so well," he admitted pulling Viola into a hug. It was the first time they were supposed to be seeing each other, after a month apart. "Not too well, I hope."  he teased in a whisper to Viola.

Of course he had no way of knowing how much the remark stung. Nor could she confess her feelings to him. All she could do was swallow down her feelings.

"Shall we take lunch out here, love?" he asked Olivia as he came to her side.

Sweet Olivia. Violet and Sebastian's likeness apparently went farther than looks. It was a little strange to hear something Sebastian said so often coming from her sister-in-law, but she set it aside for now. Surely Sebastian had simply referred to her that way in his letters, or something like that.

"Well, here's hoping," Olivia agreed. "But don't you dare marry him if he isn't. But you're only staying for a month though? You must come back once you're done with this Montpelier fellow. I'd hoped you'd stay at least two months or more. I don't have any siblings, you see, and was looking so forward to having a sister."

When her husband reappeared though, so did her radiant smile. "Sounds lovely," she said when Sebastian suggested they take lunch in the garden. "It's a beautiful day. Viola and I have added horseback riding to our list of things to do together; I do hope Antonio's up to the task of entertaining you while your sister steals your wife!" She laughed and drew up another chair for him, ringing for lunch to be brought. "So what have the doctors said? Are you finally out of those accursed bandages?"

"Good news, love, good news. I am fully healed. No more bandages." Sebastian announced, pulling out his wife's seat for her. He left her with another kiss on the cheek, before whispering in her ear, "I may have reevaluated your suggestion about the gardens."

All throughout lunch, Olivia and Sebastian flirted, not unlike the way she and Olivia had flirted just days ago. Of course, to Olivia nothing had changed. Sebastian was the man she loved, the man she had married. Still, it was hard to watch them together. Instead she occupied her mind with her upcoming trip to Montpelier, hoping her studies would prove distraction from how she desired Olivia.

The twins each shared embarrassing anecdotes about the other, trying to one up the other every time. But then again, they always were competitive with one another.

Come evening, once Olivia and Sebastian had retreated to the master bedroom, Viola slipped from her room, dressed as a men once more. "Come on, let’s get out of here," Viola nudged Antonio. Her friend eyed her suspiciously.

"Aren't you worried Olivia will see you like that?" he prodded, motioning towards her outfit. Viola shook her head.

"No, they are too busy sharing their wedding night,” Viola insisted, barely concealing her bitterness, “I need a distraction.”

“Is it really a good idea to go out as Sebastian, when he is newly married? Are you trying to ruining his reputation so you can steal Olivia away?” Antonio teased, selecting a jacket to wear.

“I won’t be Sebastian, I’ll be…Vincent.” Viola decided, fixing her hat. “Not a viscount or anything. Just a lonely man looking for a drink and company.”

The day seemed to stretch on and on for Sebastian, as he waited for evening, and his chance to lay with his bride. It had been a month already, a month of reading Viola’s letters and fantasizing. And now, here they were, alone again in the bedroom, nothing to get in the way. Already the thought of her had him throbbing, a fact he didn’t try to hide as he wrapped arms around her waist, to back her pull flat against his chest. Teeth and lips teased her ear as he breathed in her scent, “Are you ready, my wife? To become a woman?” He hardly could wait for her answer, his mouth making its journey to her neck and jaw, hungry for the taste of her skin. “It’s been a long month, Olivia, and I need to make love you.”

Olivia bit her lip to hide a grin when Sebastian suggested they go to the gardens after all, and a glance at Viola suggested she'd been successful. The three of them passed the afternoon in pleasant conversation, with brother and sister competing to see who could tell the most embarrassing story. The countess thought them all silly and charming, delighting in hearing about their childhood together. It made her jealous for a sibling, but the past couldn't be changed and lonely though her childhood had been she had a sister now and that was what mattered.

Once evening fell, however, Olivia looked for any excuse to retire for the night. She'd slipped another little love poem on a scrap of parchment underneath Sebastian's dinner plate, as she sometimes did, and this time dared to include a lewd little allusion to their belated wedding night. After declaring herself tired and giving Sebastian a conspicuous look she slipped up to their bedroom to wait for him. The door opened then closed again as she was taking off her jewelry and pulling down her hair. Sebastian crossed the room in mere seconds, pulling her back against him. A thrill ran through Olivia when she felt his throbbing shaft pressed against her lower back. The removal of those bandages had been quite the improvement!

"Take me, Monsieur Baccarin," she breathed, turning to face him. As a newlywed it inexplicably turned her on to be called Madame Baccarin, rather than Countess or Olivia, particularly coming from his lips. It was a reminder that they were a part of each other now and it made her weak in the knees to even think about it. "You've made me a woman so many times already, Sebastian," she said, kissing his neck and undressing him, confident she wouldn't be rebuffed for once, "now make me a wife."

Sebastian hadn’t expected her hunger, as she kissed him and tugged at his clothes, but he certainly didn’t protest. She wanted him, and wanted him bad. Him. Not Viola disguised as him. Her husband. Her man. So he helped her in disrobing him, stripping off each layer until completely nude before her.

Sebastian was a slender, toned man, his thin musculature comparable to his sister. Broader in the arms and shoulders but not much bigger, overall. His chest was smooth and mostly hairless, with a single smallish patch of fine hair in the middle. His pattern of sparse body hair repeated itself about his groin, the thin pubic hair doing little to disguise the thick column of his erection.

“What do you think, Madame Baccarin?” Sebastian teased, posing for his wife, “Do you find your husband as pleasing to the eye as he finds you?”

Viola, er Vincent in this case, spent the evening in a nearby tavern, drinking and chatting up the lovely bar maid, Annette. The lithe brunette was a fine distraction for a few hours, until they found themselves alone in an upstairs room. Kissing and caressing Viola tried to lose herself in Annette’s softness. But burned into her eyelids was Olivia’s smile.

“I’m sorry…I can’t,” Viola apologized. She caressed Annette’s cheek with their foreheads pressed together.

“It is no problem, Monsieur,” the woman insisted, crawling off Viola’s lap and onto her knees, “You will be quite ready, once I am done with you…”

“No, it’s not…” Viola protested, pushing the woman away. With another kiss to the forehead she sighed louder, “It’s not that. I…I love another woman.” Annette looked absolutely scandalized.

“Why, pray monsieur, are you here with me, then?”

“She is my brother’s wife,” Viola explained, and Annette’s expression turned from one of anger to one of pity.

“Oh, poor monsieur,” she sighed, pulling Viola’s head to her soft, pillowy breasts. “Is she happy with him?” Because in the bible, it says that if a man dies, his brother is to marry his wife, and give her children.”
“Are you suggesting I kill my brother to make his wife my own?” Viola teased, hoping the woman was joking, “Did you know that Shakespeare wrote about that in one of his plays?”

“And how did it turn out?”

“Well, I never did finish it,” Viola admitted with a chuckle, “But I am sure it turned out fine.”

Deft fingers worked at the laces of Olivia’s dress, while he kissed her, lips pressed hard against his wife’s mouth. Loosened, her corset began to slip down, and his hands followed in to caress the skin beneath, palming each of her breasts with an insistent longing. Thumbs brushed her nipples, teasing them to hardness. Hungry fingers pull her dress down lower, his erection aching to feel her. Teeth dragged over her neck, biting her in time with the pulsing of veins in his cock. She was hardly free of her clothing before he pushed her down onto the bed, following her down until their naked bodies were side by side.

“So beautiful,” he murmured, looking over her body as he moved between her legs. He caressed her cheek with one hand, as the other coaxed her thighs apart. Holding himself against her lips, he pushed into her tightness.

It was like unwrapping a present she'd been waiting all year to get. Layer by layer his clothes came off, pooling on the floor at their feet while she left a trail of kisses across his jaw and down his neck to his collarbone. Olivia's hands came to rest at her husband's hips when the last layer was finally pushed away.

"What do you think, Madame Baccarin?" he asked as he stepped away, posing for her and wanting to know whether she found him pleasing to look at.

Olivia blinked. "Oh I...oh..."

Tess had given her a vague idea of what to expect, but she hadn't expected...well...that! Her eyes traveled down his body but shot back up once it reached his...oh God... It felt indecent, even though she knew it was perfectly fine and moral. They'd talked plenty about this night, the night they would finally consummate their marriage, and she thought she'd gotten used to the idea. Well, she would just have to force herself to get used to it now, wouldn't she? Her eyes slid down and rested on Sebastian's...his...well, his member, which throbbed in want. Was it always like that? How did he wear such tight trousers if it was? Questions she supposed she should have asked beforehand or would have to ask after. It looked sort of awkward, really, poking out at such an angle and disrupting the contour of his lithe, toned body. Could the Creator not have thought of a more elegant design? And how was it...dear God was all of it supposed to fit inside her? Taking a deep breath and shaking away her questions and bashfulness Olivia stepped closer to her husband with a soft smile.

"You look incredible, my love," she assured him gently with a kiss. One hand stayed against his chest while the other slid down and curled around his stiff shaft. Could she do that? It was much firmer than she'd thought it would be. "The wait was more than worth it."

Olivia kissed him harder, starting to work at her laces when Sebastian's fingers pulled them free much more quickly and deftly. She tried to ignore his familiarity with the workings of a woman's garments and let his warm hands caress her shoulders and breasts. She moaned and made small noises of surprise as he teased her nipples and bit her neck, dragging her dress lower and letting the fabric pool at her feet. Olivia smiled and opened her mouth to say something but he pushed her onto the bed and she fell with a noise of surprise and a giggle. Pushing herself up on her elbows she grinned over at him. It was getting easier to become accustomed to Sebastian's nakedness by the time he laid beside her.

"So beautiful," he murmured. She leaned up to kiss him as she more than willingly spread her thighs for him to kneel between them. Usually this was where foreplay really began, so Olivia was taken quite by surprise.

It hurt. She'd been told it would hurt but Olivia had never quite believed it, thinking in the back of her mind that perhaps it was because most women weren't in love with their husbands like she was with hers and she felt betrayed by her body. As Sebastian moved more inside her things became easier, less painful, but she still felt self-conscious. She didn't know what exactly to do besides lay there, after all, and her husband seemed rather more familiar with the mechanics of lovemaking; another fact which she pushed away from her thoughts. To make up for her lack of knowledge and experience Olivia wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down to kiss him deeply and thread her fingers through his hair while he moved inside her. Gradually she allowed moans to be pulled from her lips, pushing her hips up to meet his as he thrust into her.

Sebastian found himself shuddering as he fit himself within his wife’s body. Soft folds surrounding and caress him. Even the slight friction created by his pulsing member was electric, reflected in the moans and sighs escaping his lips. He pushed into her, unperturbed by her tightness, driving his length to the hilt. Stopping when he could go no further, he opened his eyes, and looked down on his wife.

She seemed tense, tightening in way that felt amazing for him but…probably wasn’t helping her any. Lowering himself to her face, he kisses her gently, not moving much yet, just enjoying the pleasure of her sultry depth wrapped around him. Soon she was pulling him down as well, and he filled her mouth like he filled her sex. And as they kissed, he felt her relax some, and he allowed himself to move within her. Not too fast or hard at first. Olivia was a proper woman, not some harlot one picked up in a tavern. He couldn’t treat her like that, as hard as it was to restrain himself.

“So good, love.” He gasped, pulling nearly completely out of her, before thrusting again, “Is it…is it everything you wanted?” He repeating this pattern, moving harder and faster each time, feeling himself grow closer and closer to his release. “I’m so close, Olivia,” He gasped, driving even harder now, losing himself within her wetness, “So…close…” with a sharp grunt he drove his length completely within her once more, feeling his orgasm spurt. Into her waiting womb Low groans accompanied his thrusts, each one delivering another shot of his seed, flooding her with the hot fluid.

He hovered over her for awhile, gasping and breathing hard, as sweat rolled down his forehead. He smiled as he met her eyes, sinking down against her to kiss once more. “You were amazing, love.” Pulling out, he lied beside her, pulling her against him. “Amazing.”

When Sebastian pulled out almost entirely before driving himself back inside her Olivia gasped and felt her throat tighten. It was terrible, not knowing whether she was holding back tears of elation at finally consummating her marriage, or of pain, or of disappointment at the lack of perfection she had imagined it being. Her husband thrust into her again, asking whether it was everything she wanted. How the hell was she supposed to answer that?

"Yes," she lied, gasping as he thrust even harder. "And more." Thank God she had somehow gotten wet or this would hurt even more. Olivia pulled her husband's face into her neck when he told her he was close, closing her fists around his hair and kissing his temple. "Please my love," she whispered. "Oh please cum inside me." She gasped when she felt his hot seed flood her womb, arching her back at the most erotic thing she'd felt since he'd entered her. But she knew that meant it was over. She met Sebastian's eyes and gave him a watery smile, kissing him gently. When he pulled out it left her feeling empty and incomplete, but she laid her head on his chest when he pulled her against him.

"You were incredible, too," she murmured softly.

What was wrong with her? This was what she'd been waiting for, dreaming of for over a month now and she hadn't even cum. What had she done wrong? Surely it couldn't have been any fault of Sebastian's; he'd made her cum plenty of times before. But that had also essentially been hours of foreplay. There had been no foreplay here, no teasing, nothing of what they'd previously shared. Was that the difference between play and sex? Was it wrong to enjoy one but not the other? Sebastian seemed to have known what he was doing; surely that meant that others enjoyed it. As Olivia lay against her husband, holding back tears and chasing elusive sleep she couldn't help but feel disappointed, feel...well, used. That hadn't been what Sebastian had done, had it? Used her? Could a husband use a wife who so adored him? These thoughts followed her into a fitful sleep in the early hours of the morning, leaving her wondering what exactly was wrong with her.

"Viola?" Olivia glanced cautiously at her sister-in-law as they walked together through the gardens. Without Sebastian. "Has your brother...I mean do you know if...well...Do you know if Sebastian's, er...been with anyone else? Before we were married?" She didn't know why she was asking Viola instead of Sebastian, or indeed why she was asking at all. In her heart she already knew the answer and she knew that an honest answer would bring her nothing but pain. Perhaps, she thought, it would help her figure out what was wrong with her, why last night hadn't been everything she'd dreamed.

Viola hardly slept, finding she had quite gotten used to hold Olivia through out the night. But those days were over, and now Olivia would have what she really wanted, what she had tried getting from Viola when she disguised herself as Sebastian. A proper wedding night, with a handful of children to follow. Still, she was up, perhaps hoping to see Olivia. Even hoping that Sebastian wasn't nearly the lover she was, even if she refused to admit that aloud.

The sight of Olivia, seeking her out, distress knitted in her brow, made her feel extremely guilt at that hope, This was not a woman who had enjoyed her wedding night, not in the ways she had enjoyed the nights before then. Whatever pride Viola could claim in being a better lover than her brother took a backseat to Olivia's feelings.

"He has taken a woman to his bed, once or twice," Viola explained, telling a half truth. Both of them had taken numerous women, more than either had ever bothered to count. "Why do you ask? Did...did something happen last night?" Sebastian was arrogant, and somewhat narrcissistic, but he wouldn't have hurt Olivia on purpose, would he? For a brief moment she was fill with hatred and violent intention toward her brother, a man she considered a mirror of herself. Turning, she took Olivia's hands into her own, staring down into the dark eyes of the woman she loved.

"Please, Olivia, tell me what happened."

Viola explained that Olivia hadn't been her husband's first and she nodded slowly, swallowing the hurt. It is a woman's place to bear the wounds inflicted by her husband, however unintentional, with nary a word. They've more to worry about than the feelings of females. It was advice her mother had given her before her wedding. Her mother trapped in a marriage that had been loveless for decades now, if there had ever been love in it. Olivia had hoped it would be advice she never had to call on, but she did so now and bore that blow to her heart with her chin held high and her jaw set firmly. Then Viola asked with concern what had happened, then took her hands and turned to face her.

"I..." Olivia tucked away a wisp of hair at her temple nervously, only for it to fall back where it was. She squeezed Viola's hands, not knowing where to begin since she wasn't nearly as familiar with her as with Sebastian. She tried to look her in the eye, those warm brown eyes so like her brother's, but found herself unable to. "Viola, have you ever been with a man? If you have I swear I won't tell a single soul, on pain of death." She swore solemnly, squeezing her hands again and receiving her answer before continuing.

"It's just that...well, with his bandages on we've done nothing but play, and I've gotten quite fond of it," she admitted. "It's wonderful and several times a night he'll make me--" Olivia cut off and glanced over at Viola with a pink tinge in her cheeks. She probably didn't want to hear about her brother's sexual prowess. "Well I mean, anyway, it's pleasant to say the least. But I've always felt like there was something physically missing, and I always thought that it was because we hadn't consummated our wedding. Well yesterday his bandages came off and last night we didn't..." There was really no polite way to talk about this. "He just...got right down to business, as if he hadn't a care for me at all except that I'm his wife and he thinks I'm beautiful. He said I was amazing, but I didn't get to--" She cut off again, glanced at Viola, and shook her head. Again, more information than she probably wanted. "And Viola...it hurt. It was all I could do not to cry, but he said it was amazing. I know that it's not supposed to be all about me and I don't want it to be, but it felt like I was there just to be there for him."

The Countess sniffed and shook her head, refusing to let her hurt and confusion manifest. "And yesterday before you came he tried to go back on his promise that you could teach me how to fence. That's not like him, at least not as I know him." She glanced over to her sister-in-law, concern written in her expression. "But I figured if I'm not the only one he's been with then he must have practice. He wouldn't intentionally hurt me, and I don't think he'd pretend to be someone he's not just so I'd marry him. So that must be what it's like all the time. But if it is...Viola if it is I don't want it to happen again, and not wanting to be with a man I adore so much frightens me."

“I’ve not been with a man but…I understand the mechanics of it, if you will,” Viola explained, heartbroken for Olivia already. A month spent tending to her pleasure had been washed away with a single night with Sebastian. Listening as Olivia explained things that needed little explain, Viola nodded, trying not to wince as Olivia said something had been missing in that time. Trying not to be hurt by her inability to be everything Olivia wanted. Trying not to be enraged as Olivia explained how things were different last night, how Sebastian took nary a moment to ensure Olivia’s pleasure.

Then she was speaking of how he had acted yesterday, and how that had been different from how he had before. Viola swallowed down the brief spike of fear, before it could appear on her face. Was she putting the pieces together? Would she discover the secret, discover that Viola was the Sebastian she had fallen in love with? God, what would she think of her? What would she think of herself, the good catholic woman she was? Viola pulled Olivia close, hugging her tightly, trying to offer some comfort amidst the confusion and distress she felt.

“Would you like me to talk to him? It would be a touch awkward, for certain, but we have always been rather close,” Viola offered, hoping she didn’t punch him next time she saw Sebastian.

Waking that morning, Sebastian was disappointed to find Olivia missing from their bed. The thought of having her again, made his biology particularly hard to dissuade. But she wasn’t around, and there wasn’t anything he could do. Well, he could do something, but it seemed such a waste while his wife wanted children so badly.

Remembering her words yesterday, about wanting to make use of the gardens, had his blood running pumping. So he tied on a bed robe and looked out the window, seeing if he could make plans for that sometime today. Below, he caught sight of Olivia, her back to him, standing with someone. Standing with…Viola. He frowned, slightly. They had made love last night, why was she with her now? His frown deepened as Viola pulled Olivia tight against her. She ran right to his sister after lying with him? No…this wasn’t a lustful embrace. This was a comforting embrace, from the way Viola buried Olivia’s head against her shoulder and rubbed circles into her back. She turned to Viola for comfort, after last night.

The thought had him sinking into a nearby chair. Had…had he hurt her? He knew the first time was supposed to hurt for women, even if Olivia was the first virgin he had had. Surely she knew that it would hurt some, yes? Women learn this sort of thing, from their mothers or nurses or maids, right? He looked over at the bed, and the spot of dried blood left there. How badly had he hurt her?

He might not have loved her, yet, but he liked her, and cared about her feelings. And he certainly didn’t want to be the sort of boorish, cruel husband that so many woman he had been with were seeking to escape. And yet, here he had driven her into the arms of his sister. The arms she had spent already a month in, unbeknownst to her. No, he would not lose Olivia to Viola. He would have to do something.

Viola's embrace was inexplicably comforting beyond all else. It was warm and familiar and reminded her of how she and Sebastian would hug or cuddle, before their wedding night had turned everything upside-down. Olivia laid her head on Viola's shoulder and tucked her face against her neck, eyelashes brushing against her skin. Her warm hand rubbing circles over her back was nice. It felt like what Sebastian ought to have done instead of hanging onto her like a trophy and falling asleep last night. When Viola offered to talk to her brother Olivia took a deep breath and raised her head.

"Honestly I don't know," she admitted. "I don't want him thinking the secrets of our marriage bed aren't our own--honestly I'd have said nothing about it if it had been in any way different--but I don't know how to approach him about it myself." Olivia tucked escaped wisps of hair back up into their elaborate arrangement as she thought. "Do you think your speaking with him will make any difference at all? I mean if that's how he makes love there's not really much anyone can say to change it."

She sighed and rubbed her eyes. "I want children so badly, Viola," she said, "but God help me I never want to do that again. I just...I felt...used. And I never thought Sebastian could make me feel that way. Some other husband my parents tried to arrange for me, but not him."

It was an awkward position to be in. It wasn’t the sort of thing she and her brother regularly discussed, and when she had previously brought up the subject he had brushed her off. AS much as she might have enjoyed seeing his arrogance backfire against him, leaving him to flounder in his ineptitude, it went beyond the sibling rivalry now. This was for Olivia, and Viola knew in the moment, she would do anything for the woman.

"I’ll find a delicate way to broach the subject,” Viola assured her, running fingers through Olivia’s hair.

“How can you treat her like some common woman? Worse even! Have you always been a selfish bastard, or was your decency wounded as well in your last duel?” Viola spat at her brother, not hiding or restraining the venom in her tone.

“To be fair, I had only just met her. I tried not to hurt her,”

“And yet you did. You hurt her and used her and left her feeling as if it were her fault. A month I spent curating your marriage for you, and you manage to wreck it in a single night!”

“Why are you so offended Viola? She is my wife, I will find a way to make things right with her,” Sebastian insisted.

“I love her!” Viola raged at him, unable to contain the tears flooding her eyes now, “I love her, and you don’t, and yet she is married to you. Where is the justice in that?”

Sebastian opened his mouth to speak, before closing it again, and swallowing hard. Incredulous eyes gazed at his sister, still processing the words she had spoken. “You love her? You love my wife?”

“Yes.” The word was choked from her throat, full of rage and pain.

“Viola that’s…” he trailed off, still unable to process the confession.

“I know,” she answered, understanding her twin’s unsaid meaning. “I just…I can’t let you hurt her. Not again.”

“I want her to love me, like she loved you as me,” Sebastian admitted.

I don’t, Viola thought but didn’t dare speak, before sighing, "We should get started then."

Once Viola left, presumably to go find Sebastian, Olivia took to her garden for the rest of the day like a woman possessed. She could feel the late summer sun burning her neck where the shade of her hat brim didn't quite reach, but she didn't care; being elbows-deep in the dirt kept her mind off of things. Would Sebastian be angry at her for talking to Viola about it? If the cucumbers knew they weren't telling. She'd never fought with her husband before, since there had never been a need. They saw eye-to-eye on many things and on those which they didn't they always came to a respectful disagreement. But this? This was nothing but raw emotion and they couldn't come at it like they had their afternoon studies in the library.

There was a knot in her stomach all through lunch and dinner, and the knot tightened as she bathed away the sweat and dirt from the garden in her lavender-scented bath. Finally Olivia forced herself out of the tub and into a dressing gown before stepping into their room. Quietly she sat at the vanity and combed out her hair, avoiding his gaze in the mirror. She didn't want to speak, didn't want to risk what she dreaded to be a fight breaking out here and now. But if he wasn't upset with her then there was nothing to fear. Right?

"What did you do today, my love?" she asked in a studiedly casual tone. Certainly Sebastian had noticed how she'd avoided him all day. "Have you been able to spend any quality time with your sister? I know you've missed her dearly."

“Had a long conversation with my sister about…well, may things,” Sebastian explained, keeping his tone light and easy. Still, there was stiffness in his posture, his eyes darting towards the closet, assuring himself it was closed. His heart pounded in his chest, fearing that Olivia would figure out that Viola hid in there, that she would figure out what they planned to do tonight. That she would figure out everything. But this was the best way for him to figure out what went wrong last night, and to make it right.

“I feel I owe you an apology, my love,” He murmured, stroking her hair. “I’ve spent the last month worshiping you, and yet when I was finally well enough to chase my own pleasure, I completely neglected yours. That…that isn’t right. You waited so long for your wedding night, and I…well I mussed it up for you, didn’t?” Thick fingers trailed down her neck onto her shoulders, caressing her with gentle strength. Applying just enough pressure to sooth her concerns and the trust he had broken.

“I understand if you need time, but…” his thumbs worked deeper into her tense muscles below her shoulders, “I want to make it up to you. Dedicate my nights to your pleasure, until you ask me to make love to you once more.” He kneaded her back, listening for her vocal cues where she wanted him to touch her. “Whenever you’re ready, my love. I just want to cherish you in the ways you deserve.”

When Sebastian mentioned having a conversation with his sister Olivia avoided his gaze in the mirror, concentrating her attention instead on a knot her brush had snagged on. If he was angry he was getting right to the point, she supposed. She was surprised, therefore, and jumped a little when she felt his hand on her hair. She looked up at his reflection in the mirror as he apologized. It felt strange. She'd never thought he would have need to apologize. But he was right, after all; he'd neglected how she'd felt when he was finally able to satiate his own needs.

When her husband's fingers pressed into her shoulders Olivia groaned and leaned her head back against his torso. Slowly her muscles relaxed and unknotted. Even as he spoke, though, she was hesitant. But didn't he say he wanted to dedicate himself to her?

"You're off to a good start," she said softly, a small smile at the corner of her mouth as he rubbed her shoulders. "I...I think we can try again. I want this to work, Sebastian." She opened her eyes and tilted her head to look up at him. "You are the love of my life, and I don't want anything to come between us."

She was receptive, Sebastian noted, smiling as she leaned back into his hands and chest. For a moment he considered how to spoke to love she felt for Viola, posed as Sebastian, rather than the love for him, but he pushed it aside. This wasn’t about him. Not tonight. Leaning over her to kiss her lips, there was a gentle pressure, not trying to open them to his tongue, but encouraging her to do so, of her own desire.

He continued this pace, slow, gentle, waiting for her invitation to proceed. Lips leaving feathery kisses on her neck and shoulders, once more unlacing her dress, but slower this time. Even as his desire throbbed and ached against the seam of his pants. He was beginning to see how Viola could go so slow, and devote hours to a woman’s pleasure, since she lacked that demanding organ.

This was a foolish plan, among all the foolish plans she had heard since Sebastian had been hurt. Viola watched from the closet, watched the shadow forms of her brother and her beloved as he tried once more to seduce her into bed. It was a rather dangerous plan, all things considered. To ask Olivia to wear a blindfold, so Viola could once again take her brother’s place, and show him exactly how to love Olivia. If she even so much as peaked, their ruse would be over, and everything they worked for doomed.

Which, of course, begged the question of why Viola had gone on with it Truthfully, that was easy to answer. After the pain she saw in Olivia’s eyes this morning, as she asked how Sebastian could have changed so much in a single day, was the strongest motivator. She didn’t want to see such hurt or pain in Olivia’s eyes ever again. Perhaps just as much, however, she wanted Olivia again. Wanted to taste the woman she had called wife for a month, wanted to feel the ecstatic writing of her body as bliss consumed her. Wanted to make love to her, once last time…

The fantasy of what might be soon to come, as well the sight of Olivia’s fair skin was too much. Biting her lips, Viola slid her hand down into the pants she wore, fantasizing this time it were Olivia’s delicate fingers teasing her.

Her dress was unlaced, and he lead Olivia back towards the bed, pulling her into an embrace as they stood beside it. A deep, hungering kiss that did not hide his lust for her, even as his hands promised to go slow. Backing off before his need could control, he looked down at his wife with ravenous eyes. “I have something of an unconventional request, my sweet Olivia,” He proposed, reaching into his pocket to pull out a length of silk ribbon. “May I cover your eyes with this, so all you have to focus on is your rapture?”

As he kissed her Sebastian seemed almost...shy. Had her dislike of their wedding night really done that much damage? Set them back that far? Olivia was almost starting to feel guilty for ever having said anything to anyone, but all she need remember was the pain of their consummation for that guilt to go away. If it was supposed to be pleasurable then she shouldn't have to feel that sort of pain. Slowly she turned and stood, draping her arms over Sebastian's shoulders to kiss him more deeply. This was the part she'd always enjoyed most.

Gradually he began to pull at the laces of her dress. Sebastian's lips traced down her neck before capturing her lips in a hungry kiss against which her own hunger was powerless. Olivia's fingers began to tangle in his hair just as he backed off. She frowned slightly, but that was replaced by a look of mild surprise when he pulled out a wide band of silk.

"Anything for you, Sebastian," she returned quietly. "Although, you make me feel selfish. It should be give and take should it not?" Still, with no further questions she tucked her hair behind her ears and turned around to allow him to tie the sash over her eyes.

"I was the selfish one, Olivia," Sebastian murmured as he tied off the ribbon, breath hot on her ear. "However, once I have sufficiently pleased and cherished you, I certainly won't turn down any affections you see fot to offer." Another hard, deep kiss followed, once she was blindfolded, hoping to distract her from the sound of the closet opening.

Viola slipped out, jealousy and arousal competing in her mind as she watched Sebastian and Olivia kiss. Her brother continued to undress his wife, planting kisses on exposed skin as her clothes slid down.

"Let me lie you down, my love" he breathed against her skin. Helping her to the bed, Sebastian moved away, giving Viola a chance to move in. She lied beside Olivia, kissing her and cupping her breasts. If his need as urgent before, it was desperate now, at the sight of his sister lying with his wife. He certainly hadn't expected this reaction, especially not with his sister involved.

Viola moved down Olivia's body, just as she had before. Teasing and tasting her breasts while a hand slithered down her stomach. Gently, teeth scraped over the hard nipple, before her tongue followed, alternating sensations to drive Viola wild. Her hand finished its journey, caressing Olivia's mound and spreading her lips. Viola was content to play with her clit for now, as she savored the woman's breasts.

Back
Top Bottom