Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Traumatic Beginnings (Hiddenartist & rskde)

Kev laughs. "Well, they give you a- Jesus! Sorry, a sense of fear that kind've excites you." He explains, he was interrupted halfway by a jump scare. "Salene.. Thanks for being my friend, I really appreciate it." He says with a smile. He pauses the movie for a moment. "Sorry I need a break." He says with a laugh, running a hand over his head.

For the first time in as long as she could remember, she giggled. The adrenaline from the scares making her lose herself for a bit. She gave him a small smile, "you're welcome. I should be the one thanking you though.." she murmured, looking down at her lap. Reaching up, she ran her hands through her hair, pulling it off to the side and out of her face.

He raises his eyebrows. "Thank me for what?" He asks playfully, watching her push some hair out of her face. "Hang on, gotta get some light in here.." He says before walking over to the curtains and opening them, light is able to shine on her bruises. While he notices them plainly, he doesn't say anything. He sits down next to her and smiles. "Better."

She paled when he indicated he was going to let in some light, and then crossed her arms as if that would help cover some of the bruises. She looked down as the curtains opened, ashamed of how she looked. Even though he didn't say anything, she still didn't look at him. She knew he had to see how damaged she was. "just for..." she shrugged "talking to me."

"I don't know why people don't talk to you Salene, you're honestly pretty and funny, you're a good person." He says to her. "People are the problem, not you." He says while leaning back on the couch, sighing softly. "I don't understand people sometimes." He says with a sigh.

She shrugged, looking out the window,her good humor forgotten. She knew why people didn't talk to her, she understood why. She was damaged, people didn't need to see her bruises to understand that. People didn't want to be around someone who was too broken to be fixed. But instead of saying all that, she changed subjects. "where is your brother?"

Kev raises his eyebrows at the sudden topic change. "He works so that we can keep the house." He explains to her. "I also work sometimes, but not as often as I used to, that's how I got the car." He explains with a smile on his face, obviously proud of his hard work. "Do you have any siblings?" He asks.

"oh, okay." she murmured in response. She wasn't too afraid of Kev, but it might be better if they weren't the only two. Though two young guys... She stopped that train of thought, her heart starting to beat faster with anxiety. "no, no siblings. Just me and my dad." she answered.

He nods. "Gotcha." He says. "I'm gonna put a new movie in." He says with a smile before standing and walking over to the DVR, pulling the disc out before grabbing another, this one is a comedy, he figures that it might lighten the mood a little bit. He looks over at her during this, biting the inside of his cheek. "Salene, can I ask a personal question?" He asks.

She glanced over as she heard movement, watching as he went to put in a new movie. When he looked at her, she glanced down, embarrassed to be caught watching him. But when he asked her his question, she looked back up at him, almost like a deer in headlights. After a moment though, she wearily nodded her head.

Kev shakes his head when she blushes. "I was just wondering.. You know we've been friends for a few days now and I was just wondering if you'd want to keep having fun like this, you know, go out to more places.. You could stay here, my you'd sleep in a separate room and you wouldn't have to leave.. It's just, I've seen your bruises Salene and I hate the thought of you getting hurt.. And I know you must have had a bad experience with a guy to not want to stay here but I swear to you I would never hurt you or even try to do anything to you, I want to help you." He says to her.

Salena froze as she realized where he was going with what he was saying. She shook her head. "no, you don't understand what you're saying. One day you would get tired of me or not be able to afford having me here and what about your brother? Then I would either be homeless or have to go back and that's basically a death sentence. No. I can't stay here. I'll be your friend, but if I leave, I can't go back. "

"Salene I would not get tired of you ever, you're so.. Mysterious, and guarded, it would take a hundred years to figure out everything about you." He says to her. "And me and my brother work, we can afford to keep a full family here if we wanted." He says. "Which is part of the reason why my brother keeps pushing me to get a girlfriend.. But that's different, Salene, I want you to stay here, please."

She shook her head again. "there's a huge difference between getting a girlfriend and getting a live in house guest. Surely your brother will see logic if he gets here before 4:30." she said, confident in her logic. "and at some point your fascination would wear off."

Kev raises his eyebrows at her, pulling a cell phone from his pocket before calling a number, putting it on speaker. It rings a few times before his brother picks up. "Why are you calling me while you're in school?" A voice asks.

"We got out early today, anyway, I have a friend who wants to stay with us for awhile, is that cool?" He asks.

"What kind of friend?"

"A friend how happens to be a girl."

"Ooooooooh, yeah, okay, whatever."

"Sweet, seeya later." He says before hanging up, he looks at Salene with his eyebrows raised. "At least try it." He says.

She folded her arms and narrowed her eyes at him. "you said a while. I can't do" a while ". He doesn't understand. I still don't think you understand." she was borderline panicked and she couldn't stop herself this time. "this isn't just some fancy sleepover. My father did this" she pulled her hair back to show the scratch from the glass, " when i was late for dinner. If I go away for a couple of days, he'll have just enough time to celebrate me being gone and then when I come back, it won't be a little cut. It won't be a simple beating. You don't understand."

"Then it won't be awhile it'll be until you can live on your own, or you can just live with us forever.. I'll tell him you're my girlfriend and he won't care if you stay here, or I'll explain what's going on and I'll fight for you Salene, I'm not going to let you get hurt again." He says to her. "Please.. Let me help you." He says to her.

She was silent a minute as she thought about it, about him. She didn't say no straight away. "what about all my things? And I'm not moving in until your brother can meet me and decides that he doesn't hate me. I won't risk being kicked out of the house. And he'll know the truth, I won't be living a lie." she took a deep breath. "those are my conditions."

"Is there a window in your house? Actually, your dad doesn't get home till four.. It's one right now so we can go over and grab your things." He says. "And yeah sure you can meet my brother, he gets home around six." He says to her. "Does that sound okay?"

She shook her head. "he gets home at six. I'm not leaving with my things before your brother gets to meet me. If we meet your brother and he decides he can't stand me, then i have to return home with my things and face my father. Not going to happen."

"Listen, he's going to like you, okay?" He asks while looking at her. "You can get your things tomorrow." He says to her. "Cmon, we can wait until he gets home and have our meet and greet, then you can move into the guest room." He says with a smile.

She hesitated a moment, but still shook her head. "look, if you really want to do this tonight, then fine. But I'll still go back at 4, I'll clean up, make him dinner, and go to my room and you can wait for me outside at 7,I'll lock my door, go out through the window, and we can go meet your brother. Then tomorrow during school, we can come back and get my stuff, assuming your brother doesn't hate me. "

He nods. "Just.. Be careful Salene, okay?" He asks her. "I don't want you to get hurt." He explains. Kev then looks back to the movie. Three hours later they had gone through two more movies. He stands and looks down at her. "Ready?" He asks before walking back to the front door, walking outside to get into his car.

She nodded in response to his sincerity,staying quiet through the movies. Her mood was subdued, but she relaxed as they watched. Then it was time to go, and she took a deep breath. "yeah." she said, leaving her bookbag off to the side as they left. She got into the car, more distracted than nervous. Was she actually going to leave? Surely Kev's brother would see the ludicrousy of the situation, and she'd be crawling back into her window that night. She shivered at the very thought.

Kev nods to her as he starts to drive. They get to her driveway and he drops her off. "Hey, seeya in three hours." He says to her before waving and driving off. He pretty much just sits down for the three hours, the moment the clock strikes seven he is driving back to her house, parking outside of her house and waiting for her to come outside.

Back
Top Bottom