Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Haru's Heedful Howlings -[Comments Welcome]-

I already said it over PM but :heart: Your girl's in my thoughts and I do hope she gets better

When it rains it does pour, but I'll steal this from Eponine - rain will make the flowers grow.

Keep your head up. :)

Thank you!

I'm good actually, just waiting for her to be discharged. It's easy enough to talk, just a little more difficult to be creative and feel like I am doing my stories justice is all.

And I just had to kill a snake in my house! Agh! They find their way in sometimes when the weather starts getting a little cooler. Following the field mice that try to come in too. I hated to kill him, but he tried to bite me about 3 times.

Haruchai said:
Thank you!

I'm good actually, just waiting for her to be discharged. It's easy enough to talk, just a little more difficult to be creative and feel like I am doing my stories justice is all.

And I just had to kill a snake in my house! Agh! They find their way in sometimes when the weather starts getting a little cooler. Following the field mice that try to come in too. I hated to kill him, but he tried to bite me about 3 times.

Yikes! If he tried to bite you then he deserved what he got! Mice are bad enough but if I saw a snake I'm sure you'd have heard me scream all the way over by where you live.!

Glad that she is better and getting it looked at and will be back home soon. Hang in there.

Oh, man.

I'd be screaming with excitement.

We had a chicken eater in our house a few weeks back and it spooked me because I found him on accident in the dark (black snake hiding in the shadows suddenly moving is a GREAT way to wake up from being half asleep)

My husband wouldn't let me keep him, though

He was a feisty baby.

I am sure he was just as spooked as I was, and I really didn't want to kill it. I mean heck, it would almost be worth it to keep him around to keep mice out of the house, but I can't have a snake in the house! Not to mention that I know he is harmless, but we just got Higgins back and his poor blind butt wouldn't see the snake at all. He was just a small black snake or rat snake of some sort.

Alright, so let me fill my partners in on the hectic, or rather, the exasperating day yesterday and how much it might carry over to today.

So, I went and picked up my girl at the hospital after her surgery, and Centennial Hospital in Nashville is HUGE.. There's several pick-up and drop-off places, and the nurse she had was not from Nashville and had only been working there a few weeks.... so it took us forever to track them down. BUT, we did and brought her home. I say "we" because her dad was with me.

Anyway, we get her home, her face is still numb, no real pain, all is going well. Get up yesterday and she has to go get a couple prescriptions filled. Painkiller and antibiotic. We admittedly did not leave as early as we could have, wanting to avoid afternoon school traffic. She gets to the pharmacy and realizes her license is no longer valid, as it has expired. We knew this, but just didn't think about it because she doesn't drive. Merely keeps her ID active. But they won't take her prescriptions. Drive to the downtown branch of the DMV and find out we missed them doing renewals by 15 minutes. If we hadn't went to the pahrmacy first we'd have been fine!

Thne we head to the DMV main office because they do them for another hour. Only problem is there's about 40 people there and they won't get to everyone. There's a kiosk to do your own, but you have to have a credit card/debit card.... which we do, but we just got her paycheck cashed, so have cash in hand. Haven't made a deposit yet. So that's a no-go.

The plan is to head to the smaller DMV in town today, as we have plenty of time right now, and get that done then she can get her prescriptions.

The next battle is that she DOES have a drainage tube in her mouth. That has to be taken out, but NOBODY has any idea about it or what is to be done. The surgeon is unavailable, the 4th floor of the hospital where she stayed says they don't even have any instructions about it, and it's just a whole run around. The drain usually pokes out of the side of the cheek with a small incision, but the surgeon left it in in such a way it would drain out the front of her mouth. So when her mouth was all packed with gauze the nurses couldn't see it, so nobody thought she had one in. It's sewn in though, and needs to come out.

So there's nothing life-threatening going on, but just a lot of running back and forth, phone calls and all that. It makes it tough to respond to my plays when I am out and about.

I haven't forgotten anyone! I promise!

WOW! Been there and done that (being 15 minutes too late for DMV, etc.). I know you haven't forgotten writing with us. You take care of what you have to do today.

Hope she gets the drainage tube out. That HAS to be uncomfortable.

HUGS to both.

Ok, here's the rundown for today. Drag out of bed to get an earlier start and get the DMV stuff done easy enough. Then we head out to the original ER that sent her on to Centennial and they look at the drainage tube and deem it "a large drainage tube" and that they shouldn't remove it. They call the surgeon and he says to come back, to Nashville, to have it removed. He had put it in HIS notes for her to do that follow-up, but nowhere in her paperwork nor the paperwork of the nurses where she'd stayed on the weekend. So nobody knew but him! >_<

Drive all the way to Nashville again, find his office easily enough and he checked it all out, removes the tube and there we go! Needless to say it came to light that they basically saved her life, that abcess was heading to her brain which was why the ER (which usually does not deal with dental issues) got her there and that surgery scheduled for a Sunday...

Anyway, got back to town, got her prescriptions and am now destressing. Kinda. I have to head to MY doctor tomorrow to pick up insulin. I got on a program where I get my insulin for free for a year. Yay! It's just been hectic.

I'm glad that things worked out in the end and they saved her life. :)

That is awesome that you can get your insulin for free. You visit tomorrow to get it shouldn't be bad. :)

Glad that things got straightened out.

Hugs...

Me too! I am glad things are calming down, because damn I was starting to wonder who she pissed off to have oral surgery AND the DMV in one week. That's some strange circle of hell for sure. :p

Well it IS getting close to Halloween. :) Perhaps she was going for a new costume. :) I should chuckle about it since I have similar problems with my teeth and gums. Still glad that it is over with for now and you can start to relax. :)

Hugs

I'm just glad all of those issues got resolved and that she's fine and you are too. Yay for free insulin! But now you relax, wind down and don't waste time lamenting over how hectic this week has been lol. You'll go insane and starting dropping the F-bomb every second and chance you get. And our Haru is too classy for such language! xP

HeyThereLittleBear said:
When it rains it does pour, but I'll steal this from Eponine - rain will make the flowers grow.

And Bear, I just had to commend you on the Les Miserables reference and the song <3 <3 <3

This has been an interesting couple of days. Mainly due to some unexpected but welcome contact from an old friend. This was a person that I had written with for quite some time, and through a series of rather poor decisions and acts, on my part, we parted ways on some rather bad terms. In fact, we hadn't even spoken to one another at all for well over a year and then out of the blue they sent me a PM. As I said, it was unexpected, but nice.

It seems that things are water under the bridge, so to speak, and I am always glad to be reunited with old friends. I've done the same to people here, extended an apology and an olive branch - some have responded and others have not. Life is just too short to let things ruin friendships. On the other hand sometimes it is best to stay away from people that you simply don't get along with. Variety is the spice of life and all that, just don't live with bad blood toward others. I've had to learn that the hard way.

Anyway, I am hoping to reignite this friendship and in the doing likely gain another writing partner. I still keep my partners rather few (I think I have six at the moment, but two are on hiatus).

I'm also working on transposing my "World of Harrow" here to BMR and putting it in the World Building section. It's just a little mixture of a few different worlds that I really like. Maybe it will be unique, perhaps not, but certainly a mix of fantasy and sci-fi.

Finally, as I promised when I started this little journal - but have let slide the last few posts - have some cute animals! First, some itty bitty pussy and then a bacon bit!

cute-baby-animals-srak3v6r.jpg

cefe80c7e3b9437e1d540257f19e0b02.jpg

SQUEEEEEE! Cuteness indeed!

I'm glad that you had such a pleasant surprise and rediscovered an old friend. One cannot have too many friends and especially if you enjoy writing with them. :)

Hugsses. Have a wonderful day. I'll catch up with you later, right now it's mundane life poking its head up and saying "pay attention to me". LOL.

Everybody loves Bacon Bit! That's it's official name now!

Yeah, it was a nice surprise. :) It's also prompted me to get my world, Harrow, put here in the World Building section. It will remind you a lot of Arboria, Verikatt. But as I get it more filled in, you'll see there's a lot of differences.

Stupid RL! Poking up that stupid head! ..... sounds like a man! -ducks- :p

Haruchai said:
Everybody loves Bacon Bit! That's it's official name now!

Yeah, it was a nice surprise. :) It's also prompted me to get my world, Harrow, put here in the World Building section. It will remind you a lot of Arboria, Verikatt. But as I get it more filled in, you'll see there's a lot of differences.

Stupid RL! Poking up that stupid head! ..... sounds like a man! -ducks- :p

Bacon Bit! Totally THE best name for him. hehehe. When you get it up don't forget to send the link. You know how challenged I am with finding things around here.

Yeah...gotta watch out for those heads that stick up man....Liiiick.

Ahhhhhhhh! I don't even have the cable/Internet hooked up yet and there's already problems. They were supposed to be out today and they changed the appointment for tomorrow without letting anyone know! So they gave a $10 credit. Big effin' deal. Their website even says it is supposed to be $20! Always has to be something... so my luck is holding true! >_<

I'll get you a link in PM Verikatt, but on the main page it is a few spots up above this section. :)

Miss you Haru, I will be replying to our RP tonight! <3

Back
Top Bottom