Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the colors!

"My dear Gabrielle, you know how much I adore your work," Anne Marie began, sitting back a little after dropping a sugar cube into her tea, "but I'm afraid this one is simply a miss. I mourned my late Monsieur decades ago. Pink and black, darling: two colors I swore I would never wear again." She knew she would be missing an iconic look. For all her dreadful politics, detestable spying against her own country, and that dreadful Nazi of hers, Coco did know fashion. But the next time Anne Marie wore black would be whenever the Universe decided it was Algie's time, and not a moment sooner; she had been forced to wear too much black in her younger years.

I suspect this could be Josephine Sumner's theme song in "Only Rules":

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKNOMjX1LLQ[/video]

It's "Legends and Lore" from the Dreams in the Witch House rock opera. The rest of it is worth listening to as well, if you like both rock and Lovecraft.

Well damn...now I kinda feel bad...

And also have a new thing I need to watch/listen to.

Ah, man. I'm torn. Part of me wants to update my Roleplay Request page, just to get out some of my new ideas. But then I'd be tempted to try and get one or more of them going, and I've already got a ton of great roleplays going right now!

Same. Also sorry I'm dragging my feet!! D: My muse has been super lazy as of late and I'm stuck/uninspired. =\

Madam Mim said:
Same. Also sorry I'm dragging my feet!! D: My muse has been super lazy as of late and I'm stuck/uninspired. =\

Lazy muse, or a muse thst’s worn out from school? Either way, let it rest up and recharge, and jump back in when you’re ready!

(Edit)

And, to pass the time as you relax, a chase scene!

[video=youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFWzc4pwf3w[/video]

Eh, a bit of both. We just had our fall "break" (read: a weekend, a federal holiday they would've given us anyway, plus one extra day), but even then my muse was like "no writing or crafting! Only TV!!!" Here in about an hour and a half I'll kick at it and make it start working again and try to knock out at least a couple of posts. But the season premier of Supernatural starts in about half an hour sooo... >.>

Jenny, sitting in the theatre: Oh tell me it didn't actually happen that way. *noticing John's silence* You bloody idiots...

John: Well, they took a few liberties. I never hit on Elizabeth, for sure nstance.
John: Much.
John: I mean, I had appearances to keep up. But that thing with Angelica was a total fabrication! That was our son!

Thought you might like this.

47fe5dbff24342da34166c07cdbce5c3.jpg

Adding to my growing list of interesting individuals from the 1920s and 30s (partly for threads I’m in, and partly because I love odd history), allow me to introduce Zorita.

She became well-known for her unique and controversial numbers, such as the 'Half and Half'. She dressed one half of her body as a groom and the other as a bride, and, keeping one side to the audience, began to undress each other, leading to the 'wedding night romp'. In another, an unseen 'spider' removed her clothes whilst she danced in front of a rhinestone-covered spiderweb. However, her most iconic acts involved boa constrictors - an example of one was called 'The Consummation of the Wedding of the Snake'', where she stripped whilst holding an 8-foot boa constrictor.

oqcz8qt58bdz.jpg

xanaphia said:
Thought you might like this.

47fe5dbff24342da34166c07cdbce5c3.jpg

A. I LOLed. A lot.
B. STOP MAKING ME WANT THIS! :)

TheCorsair said:
Adding to my growing list of interesting individuals from the 1920s and 30s (partly for threads I’m in, and partly because I love odd history), allow me to introduce Zorita.

She became well-known for her unique and controversial numbers, such as the 'Half and Half'. She dressed one half of her body as a groom and the other as a bride, and, keeping one side to the audience, began to undress each other, leading to the 'wedding night romp'. In another, an unseen 'spider' removed her clothes whilst she danced in front of a rhinestone-covered spiderweb. However, her most iconic acts involved boa constrictors - an example of one was called 'The Consummation of the Wedding of the Snake'', where she stripped whilst holding an 8-foot boa constrictor.

oqcz8qt58bdz.jpg

On nice!
*Adds to characters I should ripoff take inspiration from.*

TheCorsair said:
A. I LOLed. A lot.
B. STOP MAKING ME WANT THIS! :)
:D I considered approaching you about that plot seed (because I love WW but hate her canon ships), but we ended up starting Caged Bird around the same time. But, according to the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, there is a universe where we started that rp instead.

BTW, if you end up writing that with someone else in a thread, send me a link, because I'd love to read along.

And then there's that moment when you're writing a post and you find yourself asking "did the phrase 'safe word' even exist in 1887? Would an immortal 16th century pirate even know about that idea?" And, it turns out, that Google isn't much help.

And they go the next 20 years believing that they've invented the concept of the safe word. XD

Also I'd just like to mention that I've been wanting a WW/Cap movie since I saw Wonder Woman. It needs to happen so badly!!

TheCorsair said:
xanaphia said:
TheCorsair said:
What's wrong with Wonder Woman's canon ship?
7a5371de1207e99aad5dfa1e4bd4f1f5ad6abe56.jpg

I don't see what you are talking about.

I thought it was perfectly clear.
I won't be fazed by your transparent attempt to confuse me.

Madam Mim said:
Also I'd just like to mention that I've been wanting a WW/Cap movie since I saw Wonder Woman. It needs to happen so badly!!
So it's agreed! Someone get on it so I can read it.

xanaphia said:
TheCorsair said:
xanaphia said:
I don't see what you are talking about.

I thought it was perfectly clear.
I won't be fazed by your transparent attempt to confuse me.
I think you saw right through my plan.

xanaphia said:
Madam Mim said:
So it's agreed! Someone get on it so I can read it.

Not to egg this on or anything, but here’s the thing I saw that provided some of the idea for my pitch:
samantha-wilson.png

In the regular comics, Nick Fury was dosed with something called the Infinity Serum in an attempt to recreate the Erskine Process that made Captain America. It didn’t make him superhuman, precisely, but it kept him at peak human condition and slowed his aging. So, just imagine Peggy Carter getting that instead, and being the Director of SHIELD all through the Cold War with Diana as her “ace in the hole”.

It’d be a whole lot for Steve to process. But, at least he’d finally get that dance...

*Sees that there is a smoking room*
Hmm...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwh07fYNdCY[/video]

Not sure if either of you have seen this but I came across it in my travels and thought you both might enjoy it. Tumblr is good for something...
RqheoLD.jpg

Proof that I put too much thought into some of this....

Zeltrons are a species of natural Force-users, able to sense and broadcast their emotions to a greater or lesser degree. Like most sentient species, this meant that they developed their own Force traditions long before contact with the Galactic Republic. Unlike most other cultures, however, the Zeltron traditions were not assimilated into the Jedi Orders. Even before the Code was standardized in the wake of the Jedi Civil Wars, the leaders of the Orders believed that the Zeltrons and their techniques were too disruptive to the focus and discipline required of a Jedi Knight.

The fact that the few Knights sent to study on Zeltros loudly and enthusiastically declared their complete satisfaction with the Zeltron techniques only served to deepen the opinions of the burgeoning High Council.

Zedanadal is a difficult word to render into Galactic Basic. It derives from the Zektron word idana, which can mean "love", "pleasure", "devotion", "service", and even "protection", depending on the stress and tone used. It is modified by the word zedal[/], meaning "servant", "teacher" or "master of a subject", or "leader" - again, depending on stress and tone. The word is frequently translated as "Knight-Defender" by non-Zeltrons, and as "Knight of Love" or "Knight of Pleasure" by Zeltrons. Frequently because of the double entendre.

A Zedanadal functions in the largely peaceful Zeltron society as a combination of police officer, psychologist, and therapist. They are trained to fight if necessary, and many bear arms, but they prefer to use them. Crime, in the open and egalitarian Zeltron society, is viewed as a social failing and a mental illness. The Zedanadal use their highly trained empathic and telempathic skills to assist all impacted parties in resolving their disputes. Frequently through sex. They are, after all, still Zeltrons.

Back
Top Bottom