Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Escaping the Siege (BurningWillows & Rskde)

Both Nahla and Kaia exchanged looks. Throughout the session it was obvious Nathan had been so lost in pleasure he wouldn't notice. But now here he was, and his brain still hadn't registered he was touching Nahla. If it had he'd be asking why her skin felt...off. Because Nahla's skin did not feel like human flesh. Touching it, you would think you were touching a warm and soft balloon filled with gases. In truth, underneath her human exterior Nahla was mostly made of gas. A true jinn form was neither human nor animal, but smoke. Smoke with the ability to shape itself into any living thing. When Nahla had crossed the veil into the human world she had chosen this body to incorporate herself within.

"Best sex of his life," Nahla purred, her eyes closed for the moment and Kaia could see the jinn was struggling for her smile, "Mmm."

She wasn't in pain, but she was overwhelmed with desires. Whenever Nahla made physical contact with a mortal of any kind she would see all his deepest desires, be them dark, lustful, pure, etc. It was part of her powers, to see what another wanted most, and for the most part being able to help them grant it. While Kaia in a way was still her master, Nahla could still use her power of wishes to helps others. The demon simply knew when to pull back the reigns and stop her going overboard.

"No I hadn't told my sweet Nahla yet," Kaia explained, taking his attention away from Nahla for a second, "She has enough on her plate, and there were listening ears. Well there still are, but they don't know you slipped in here baby, only us."

hemsworthtat.jpg

As things begin to calm down he does notice that Nahla's skin felt odd, though he decides not to bring it up since she seems to like to keep it hidden. "Luckily I got Connor to take my place on patrol so nobody's gonna be looking for us." He says with a chuckle.

"Both of you are awesome together." He comments, smiling as he thinks about them as a couple.. As a.. Couple.. Suddenly an enormous amount of pain fills his head, causing him to set up, holding his hand against his forehead as the memories of his Peyton, suppressed by the demon blood, begin filling his head. "It hurts.." He whispers softly, his body shaking with the effort and pain.

The pain subsides for a moment, allowing him to look at Kaia. "Mistress.. More blood, please." He says to her quietly. "This hurts." He says, his mind starts to remember every finite detail, the touch of her hair, how she never wears her glasses because she thinks they look bad, how her bright blue eyes sparkle when the moon light touches them, but the more he remembers the more he forgets, like the fact he is sitting naked in a room with two other very naked women.

"Please, help me forget." He says, holding his hand out and gently taking Kaia by the wrist, his pleading eyes meeting hers as if asking for permission.

Nahla was doing it to him. She saw into his mind, past the addiction she had already realized, and into his heart. There was a girl, a very lovely one at that. And he was forgetting her. She brought the images up, assaulting him with the thoughts of her. As much as Nahla loved Kaia, she hated when the demon got between a couple. Kaia knew all this too, sitting up as Nathan started to complain, looking to the kinn.

"Why?" was all she asked, her voice emotionless.

"He needs to remember her," Nahla sat up too, "He's forgetting. You will never give him love, Kaia. That is reserved for me. So why torment him?"

"Am I not allowed some fun?" Kaia asked with a toothy grin, "Besides, I have never required him to leave the girl. When I am done, he can return to her. I am simply an addiction."

Nahla sighed, letting go of Nathan's mind so the memories slipped away, "Play nice with him my shaytan. I know you enjoy your games, but this one seems weak in the mind. Don't break him."

The genie got up and dressed, heading out. Allowing Nathan one more drink, Kaia too got dressed and followed suit, winking at Nathan on her way out, "Our little secret my pet."

hemsworthtat.jpg

Nathan let's out a relieved sigh as Nahla lets go of his mind.. His thoughts wander, how was he weak minded? He runs his temples before standing with Kaia, smiling when she offers her neck for him to drink from.

His teeth bury into her sensitive flesh before suckling from the wound until none of her sweet blood would come out. He then watches her walk towards the door, nodding at her comment. "Our secret, mistress." He says quietly while watching her leave him alone in the small back room.

He gets dressed before looking at himself in the mirror.. He didn't look very good, dirty from combat, the left side of his face covered with cuts from hitting gravel too hard. He wipes some excess blood from his lips. "She could never love you." He says to the man in the mirror. "Kaia's going to leave you in the dust, like a child who is bored with their old toy.. You need to stop before you get hurt." He says to his image.

098b403b670aae03174e1c0ac74acafa.jpg

Stevey intercepts the two super naturals as they leave the back area of the gym. "Hey, can I borrow Nahla? Her turn to be on watch, and Kaleb also asked me to go with her, just in case." He says to the two, his fingers clicking gently against his sniper rifle as he speaks.

7cf5d74b1a3d45499b38c9551b41bd51.jpg

Nahla looked confused, she didn't even realize she had a watch shift and her head ached, the power she used on Nathan always leaving her with a migraine. It was normal, of course, but when she dived into anothers mind to see their desires it was often assaulting, sometimes even overwhelming. Fortunately it only ever happened once, so Nahla never had to worry about touching him again. Kissing Kaia's cheek and promising to find her later, the jinn followed Stevey, keeping her distance from him like she did the rest.

"So what am I doing?" she pondered out loud, looking to him for answers

"Well, for now we're getting up to the roof." He explains as he starts to climb a ladder that leads to the rooftop. He walks over to a small tarp he set up to keep himself dry, blankets and MRE packets sit around for comfort and food, there's enough space for two people.

He holds up a rangefinder, a pair of binoculars that can calculate the range someone is from you. "Do you know how to use this?" He asks the jinn as he lays down under the tarp, beckoning for her to do the same. "You're going to be my spotter, that way I won't miss the enemy if they come." He explains.

Nahla follows him up to the roof, slightly nervous to be outside with a storm overhead, thunder and lightening in the distance. As he lifts an object and asks her if she understands Nahla shakes her head, unsure what he wanted. As he explains she follows his directions, getting comfortable on the edge of the roof and lifting the binoculars to her eyes.

"So what am I looking for?" Nahla already knew this would be a tedious and boring job. Sitting for hours staring out at nothing? Her brain wandered, thinking about what the others might be doing downstairs. Was Kaia stirring trouble yet?

Her answer was revealed when the door to the roof opened and Kaia stepped out, her boots splashing in the puddles as her leather jacket kept her dry from the rain. Honestly the girl never seemed to go without her black boots or jacket. She stepped over to the roof's edge and plopped herself down on it, dangling her feet over so that if she wiggled too much she could fall.

"Downstairs is a snooze party," Kaia sighed, "Waiting around sucks my dear Nahla."

"Well some don't want to travel in the storm," Nahla replied, sweeping her gaze down at the streets below, "And I'm sure its better than this."

"On watch duty? Yeah I guess."

"Kaia your soaked now."

The demon laughed, as she was indeed being rained on and her hair was plastered around her face now, her jeans and jacket soaked, "It's just a little rain baby. Besides, I look great soaked, and you know it."

Her jacket was open when she had arrived and Kaia had made no attempt to close it, so the white tank top she was wearing was soaked through, showing off the lack of bra. The only thing keeping her modest in front of Stevey was the leather jacket she wore, that sat precariously over her breasts. If it slipped he'd get a full view, and the demon knew it so she didn't lean back. Nahla on the other hand kept stealing glances at the wet beauty, biting her lip in an effort to not completely lose focus with her demon flaunting herself right there.

"Whenever you want to break Stevey, I'll take your place," Kaia called over as they all sat, "I'm a woman of many talents."

Stevey is a very quiet man, so he keeps out of their conversations, continuing to stare down the scope of his rifle, his breathing coming out at a specific pace in order to prevent his rifle from moving while he breathes.

When she speaks he looks over at her, his eyes staying on her face. "You think you could shoot a sniper rifle?" He asks with the raise of his eyebrows, obviously disbelieving her.

"Trust me, it's not a skill you can pick up in a day." He says to her. "But I don't mind if y'all wanna just sit up here and talk, I'll just focus on making sure our group is safe." He says before turning back to his scope, moving the rifle around in order to adjust to new angles enemies could be hiding in.

Arrogant. That was the word that came to mind as Stevey spoke, making Nahla wince knowing the demon would not be pleased by not only his ignorance but his blatant rudeness regarding her kind offer. If it was Nahla she would have simply got off and stormed away, leaving this man to fend for himself. But she knew Kaia would do things in her own mischievous way. Her eyes peeled off the binoculars for a second to look at the demon, whose eyes were filled with fury. Yep, he'd crossed a line. Were men normally this dumb? That's two for four she hates now. These men lack social skills it seems, perhaps they were only hired for their aim.

Returning to the binoculars she worried Kaia might break the sniper rifle, but thankfully Kaia had other means to show that man were he could shove his cold words. As she gazed down at the street she caught sight of a small group of men in uniform, looking familiarly like the men from the day before. A search party perhaps? Or maybe a smaller squad with higher ranks? Nahla wasn't well educated on how armies worked, but she knew those men were not friendly. Her eyes stayed on them, watching them step down the road leading to thier building.

"There are five-" her fingers pointed towards them so Stevey could aim his scope, "-military men who don't seem friendly, passing the -"

Kaia cut them off with a word and a flick of her wrist, "Dead."

Nahla watched as a bullet came out from seemingly no where, piercing the first man in the head. But it didn't stop. It shot through and out the back then into the second man's head. What seemed impossible was the fact the bullet exited the second man's head and turned in mid-air, then shot through the third...the fourth...until all were dead, and the bullet fell to the ground, soaked in blood. It had taken seconds, meer seconds for them to all drop. Nahla pulled her eyes away from the binoculars again to look at Kaia, who was very busy inspecting her nails, barely even raising her eyes to see what she had done.

"That's not a skill you pick up in a day," she sneered as Stevey looked at her, then got up and gestured at Nahla, "Don't let the twerp boss you around my Nahla. Or else I'll show him what a rifle looks as a pretzel."

Stevey stares in disbelief at the bullet that kills all five men in a moment, he looks up at Kaia who then makes that comment about his words.. Though he hadn't intended for them to be mean or rude, he had just wanted to brush her off like he does with most people around him.

"Humans can't do that." He admits with a shrug before turning back to his rifle, not expressing any of his emotions, though he could be easily angry by the fact this single demon could probably replace his whole squad with the skill she had just shown off.

He sighs quietly, running a hand down his face. He obviously hadn't gotten much sleep in the past few days. "Thanks for the call out, Nahla." He says quietly while continuing to scan the street for any more enemies, his finger off of the trigger at all times in order to keep firing discipline. "By the way, you may not like our arrogance, but we don't like being shown up." He says absentmindedly to Kaia. "There are things you can do better, and there are things we can do better which is why it's best to put aside our differences and not take words to heart." He explains.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8ugob93mwnoc4wgowgo8cgs8w_640.jpg

Kaia knew she had gotten under his skin. Good.

"Here's the thing kid, neither do I," Kaia replied, wrinkling her nose, "Insulting someone older, wiser, and stronger than you will likely get you killed. Don't insult me again, or I'll show you what I can do with a simple pencil."

"Kaia, that's enough." Nahla turned her head, "Please."

"I'm about done with these arrogant children," Kaia replied back, looking both bored and annoyed, "They continue to insult me, you, us, and expect us to worship them for what? A few bullets they can aim into a man. I can do that just as well."

She turned on her heel, stalking to the door, "You may be patient with them Nahla, but I grow tired of their ignorance."

"I don't expect you to worship me, I expect a little bit of respect when I'm taking bullets for you." He says to the demon. "We don't know anything about you or Nahla, I mean, I don't.. But I'd still lay down my life if it means getting you two and the rest of that group out of this city, and that's what counts in the end." He says while turning to face the demon about to leave.

"I'm just here to make sure you and Nahla have another millennium together." He explains. He then goes back to looking through his scope, staring at the street as rain trickles down the barrel of his rifle as he waits for a target to appear, not wanting to start another argument that he would obviously lose, he's just tired of being stepped on by the demon at this point.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8ugob93mwnoc4wgowgo8cgs8w_640.jpg

Rolling her eyes she turned and left, having nothing more to say. If Nahla wanted to apologize, that was up to her. Stomping downstairs, Kaia found her own spot in the gym and curled her legs up, not wanting to speak or look at anyone. She was in a foul mood and any conversation with her would only end poorly.

Nahla didn't apologise. Hell, she didn't say anything. She just went back to her job, knowing both of them were in the right.

Stevey sighs quietly as Kaia leaves, he looks over at Nahla. "I'm sorry.. We're all just trying to learn and we aren't doing very well." He admits, rubbing the back of his head gently.

The quiet man then returns to the scope of his rifle, allowing his breath to flow through his body as he scans for targets, not sure any would show up after that last incident. He sits up, leaving his rifle on the edge of the roof while looking over to Nahla. "Since I'm still trying to learn.. Can you tell me how to not piss off you and your girlfriend?" He asks while running a hand through his hair. "I'm not much of a conversationist." He admits.

Nahla looked over to him, raising an eyebrow before returning to her binoculars, "You aren't doing well with her, true. That isn't to say you've unimpressed me."

"Look," she sighed, keeping her eyes scanning, "its not that we are easily offended, but moreso how you continue to treat us that continues to offend my partner, and at times me. You treat us as inferiors, as if we have no way to protect ourselves. The only ones in true need of protection are the children. Do you understand what this war is doing to the supernatural community? We all finally decide to come out and try and make peace, to live amongst you and we get this. Hate and ignorance. On one side of the war we recieve hate and death, for those who can't escape. And trust me, most have. Many of those in the concentration camps up north aren't even supernatural, they just got mistaken and now they are going to die...for nothing. And down south, on the other side of the war, is ignorance. We are treated as inferior, like babes in need of protection. For people like me and Kaia, who can see all this, it infuriates us. Our people, the supernatural community, cannot survive on either side. For many, it was a mistake coming out at all. For some they still haven't."

Like Nahla. No one knew, and she wanted to keep it that way.

"You can stop offending us by not assuming what we are and are not capable of," she summarized plainly, "Treat us as equals. Or more. My partner is a demon. Demon's believe they are superior to all. Remember that one. If you want her to tolerate you, don't insult her. If you want her to like you, treat her like gold. Me, I'm simplier. I simply hate ignorance to those around me. Assuming, generalizing, or stereotyping the supernaturals under my care will only annoy me."

She sniffed, knowing that was all he really needed to know, falling into a comfortable silence once more.

He soaks up all of her information, giving her a curt nod. "Alright, as I said we're not trying to treat you as inferior, we just don't want other people that we don't know very well in the line of fire, it's actually one of the codes that we follow, it can get us fired not to go by it." He explains quietly.

"And.. Sorry for my ignorance but are you supernatural?" He asks. "You haven't really made it clear what you are.. You're not a demon because you don't match the information you've given me and I don't see any other factors that would make you of any of the other races known to humanity." He says, he's obviously very observant.

"If you don't want to tell me that's okay, I'm just curious." He admits with a shrug.

His question caught her off guard. No one had been nice enough to just ask her before. Normally they just poked and prodded at it, or beat around the bush. She smiled, looking over to him.

"You are observant," she agreed, "But I am not yet ready to reveal my secrets. I do not reveal things unless I can trust people. For many reasons. But perhaps one day Stevey. Your certainly more polite than some of your team mates."

Stevey nods, smiling back before looking back through his scope. "a girl with secrets, you're just baiting me at this point." He says with a chuckle while reaching up to his scope, cranking one of the small wheels on the side to adjust it. "You wanna know a little about me? You've told me so much about you." He says.

He decides to just start any way. "A couple of years ago I was a Marine scout sniper, that's where my story starts because I lost contact with my family awhile ago, my parents got very ill and then I never heard back from them." He explains. "But anyway I went on tour to Iraq before any of this Supernatural stuff was going on and I got a combat wound, so I was discharged." He explains. "Then I joined Echo Foxcand I felt.. Appreciated again, they really gave me a lot for the skill I still have.. So now I'm here." He says. "I've never really good anybody but you, so keep it on the down low, will you?" He asks with a smile.

She listened but made no comment, only nodding when he asked her to keep it to herself, "I will, although Kaia will know if she ever asks. We keep no secrets. It would be silly of us to do so after so long."

She continued to watch the streets below but quickly grew bored. There was just...nothing coming. She wished there was something more to do while they all waited for the storm to clear, but she knew the most fun to be had she'd already gotten from Nathan and Kaia. And that had been a fairly quick round...at least for Kaia and her.

"Is this all you do?" she asked, pulling her eyes away and rubbing at them after awhile, "I mean, I know it's important, but who relieves your shifts? When do you get free time to do something, well, fun?"

He looks over at her when she speaks, his hand moving from the barrel of his rifle to the side of his head, rubbing it gently. "Well, the point of me being out here is that there's really nothing fun to do." He says with a shrug. "Nobody really wants to do anything with me." He says with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his head as he speaks.

"Honestly it's eat sleep lookout." He says to her. "So I've put in so many hours that if I wanted I could go down and tell somebody to take my place, they wouldn't even give me a second look." He says. "But first I'd have to find something fun to do.. Did you have something in mind?" He asks her, leaning back slightly to stretch out his body.

She thought it over. What would be fun to do around here? "Well, there is a gym downstairs, so I'm sure there is equipment somewhere. You could organise a game, like indoor softball, or maybe something goofier for the children too."

Hell, that was a good idea. It would wear the children out and give the adults something to escape their problems too.

"Ooor," she hummed the word, pulling her eyes from the binoculars to think, "you could go downstairs and talk to people. Ask about them. You said you wanted to learn. Or you could cook up some dinner for all, bring the group together...or..."

She continued to list things off in her head, some good ideas others terrible. Honestly for Nahla, it didn't matter. She was just giving him other things he could do beside stare at a bunch of streets for hours.

Stevey listens to her ideas, nodding his head every once in awhile. "Well I don't want to piss off Kaia even more than I already have and all of the other supernatural season of the group we've been trained on, so I know a lot about them already." He explains.

"I guess I could try to organize a game but honestly the adult time you're talking about wouldn't really apply to me because I would just still end up staring at these streets for more time." He explains. "And if I cooked something for everyone then you all would die." He says with a laugh watching her as he speaks.

"I mean.. If you want to do something.. I dunno, you and me could try to find something to do.. Alone.. You know?" He says, his fingers tap against his rifle lightly, as if a little nervous.

She looked at him oddly, raising an eyebrow, "Why alone? There is little for two people to do around here. And I hardly think your group has been trained well enough on all of them. No offense, but as I stated, ignorance is high in America."

She yawned and stretched, obviously bored of her job, "Did you know a magic-castors magic is linked to their energy. The bigger the spell, the more it costs on them. Or that the children will grow into their powers as puberty begins? By sixteen they will have fully reached their potential. Or that vampires don't actually burn in the sun, they are simply sensitive to the lights. If they stood out there too long without shade, sure they'd probably burn up, but they don't burn at the touch of a sun beam. Their skin just can't handle light and warmth too well."

She pondered what other facts he probably didn't know, "How about that werewolves can choose when they transform? Or that necromancers can't actually turn off their powers, they are always stuck seeing and hearing them. Yes, necromancers exist. Although all the real ones are either shut in' avoiding life, or your average joe, pretending nothing is wrong."

She obviously hadn't understood his hint, though he didn't expect her to, he wasn't exactly easy to read. But he sits through her trivia any way. "That's a lot of info." He says with a smile, his hand brushed against her upper arm, feeling her odd skin against his hand, though he doesn't say anything, knowing it would be rude to ask.

"Honestly I thought necromancers were fantasy." He says with a chuckle, laying back and putting his hands behind his head, knowing that the enemy wouldn't risk any other patrols after one disappeared. "How long have you and Kaia been together? And how'd you guys meet?" He asks her while turning his head in her direction, ready to listen to what she had to say.

She recoiled at his touch, her eyes suddenly glowing a neon blue as she snapped, "Don't touch me!"

She pushed back to the edge of the canopy, forgetting the binoculars for a second as her eyes closed and her breathing slowed. Even the smallest touch opened their minds to her, allowing the djinn to see their desires, their dreams and aspirations. Their entire pasts were laid out to her, like a book waiting to be read. All of it flashed through her head in moments, searing into her mind as the connection faded. It was always brief, giving her a look in and then fading away, but she rarely forgot what she saw. And it always gave her a mind-numbing headache the first time someone touched her, having that much information dropped on her. Every other time after was easier, as it would only update her on what she didn't know of their desires and past, instead of assaulting her with all of it over and over.

When her eyes opened again they had returned to their normal blue tones, no longer glowing. But still, she looked mad. Nahla's biggest pet peeve was personal space, and when those ignored it, it always left a bad taste in her mouth.

"They aren't fantasy, no more than I am," she replied back with a clip to her words, "And my relationship with Kaia is not shared with men I hardly know, who hardly understand me."

She stood up, clutching her head at the pain lancing through it. The migraine wouldn't subside now till at least tomorrow. With a sigh she dropped the binoculars on his lap and shuffled to the door. "I'll send someone else up. I need...to lie down."

Back
Top Bottom