Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Avatar-based play: World of Bending Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to play a story in the Avatar universe, where there are four elements and different bending arts. The story does not have to stick with either ATLA or Legend of Korra.

Plots that are possible:
> War Between Nations
> The quest for origin of bending (can be different from canon)

Other suggestions are welcome!

This would be group-RP.

I'd be willing to play! I'd love to play a bender- leaning towards earth or air. I'll play male or female, whatever's needed ^.^

Drowzy said:
I'd be willing to play! I'd love to play a bender- leaning towards earth or air. I'll play male or female, whatever's needed ^.^
Provided it would be non-ero, I guess gender ratios aren't all that important. It should really come down to character types. Like, it would be annoying if every character was joyful and naive like Aang and it wouldn't be any fun if we all played sulking loners like early Zuko. Lol. You know?

I do hope the poster of this thread isn't going mia, things are starting to shape up here and I am 100% interested in participating!

I'm torn, really.
War between nations probably provides rhe most active conflict. But, it'll always make me think too much of the first Avatar series.

And the origin of bending provides an interesting goal, but I don't see where conflict and action comes in.

Perhaps a mix of both? There is an active war and to obtain information about the origins of bending could provide a valuable weapon or advantage for whichever nation obtains it first? Not that it is an active search for the nations themselves as there is a war to fight. But, perhaps our characters base their reasons for finding that information on that basis? A more naive character could sincerely be interested in the origins out of sheer curiosity, an honorbound character could seek the information in hopes of persuading the nations to return to peace? A hot-headed or family centric character could seek to use the information to put an end to the war early or protect their family from the violence in some fashion?

Just my thoughts!

That was a concern I voiced about any sort of war anyway. Lol xD

Well, if you think something up, I'll be sure to note my opinion if I'm not napping~

eh, even in a small group of non-ero characters i think gender ratio IS a bit important, just my 2c. ATLA would have been a very different show if it was a cast of all guys or all girls, I think. I tend to want to balance things, both in gender and in personality and motivations. Of the two plots I'm leaning more for the origin of bending as well. Maybe we could think of a conflict other than a war? I'm kind of struggling for ideas on this though. Perhaps we could go some kind of natural disaster route- in the same way that the sun and moon effect water and fire bending, perhaps some kind of natural clash of the elements could be doing strange things to benders?

Well, it couldn't hurt to aim to make it so they aren't 100% boys. I can give you that much credence, I just feel like it isn't as pertinent as it would be if this were ero. (especially a m/m or f/f ero, lol. XP) I do feel it is admirable and kind of you to offer to fill in for what we may be lacking, I would hate for you to think I wasn't gracious of that. It does mean something to me.

As for plot, how about we just start with something a little more relaxed? Like a summer job on a traveling Caravan as protectors or merchants. Idunno. I'm not being awfully creative. I wanna make it known, however, that I am willing to write under any plot the two of you can agree on. I'm eager.

Well I certainly didn't mean to step on any toes. I just like waiting to see what's needed, it's my style.

A relaxed plot in the beginning does sound good, however, I feel that if we're pursuing something like the origin of bending it probably would require some kind of difficult circumstance that is affecting a lot of people. But yeah, I'm all up for something more relaxed too, it doesn't have to be an end of the world thing! A caravan could be fun, maybe moving between fire nation and earth kingdom? Or maybe to one of the air temples? That could be really fun! What are your guys' feelings on playing multiple characters? That might make a lot of stuff easier to plan :)

No toes stepped on, even so... My toes might as well be plated in solid steel. ;*)

Hmmm~ I'd really like a nice reason to divide our characters in their pursuit. Difference in allegiance, culture, goals. Etc. So as far as the origin of bending goes, that sounds interesting and having some natural disaster or problem to possibly prevent with that knowledge is nice, I feel we need something spicier than us v.s. Nature. You know? I might be rambling, it is almost 2 am for me. Sorry! Lol.

I am Bad at multiple characters. I rarely bring anything fruitful to the table when my attention is divided. Others are good at it, some members of BMR seem to require it in 1x1s. I just can't, forgive me.

That being said, I will gladly play characters that show in a passing or short role in either flashbacks or conversation scenes. When needed for fighting sections, to make something interesting or add to another player's fun, I don't mind writing npc baddies. Multiple full-fledged characters though? They are right next to female mc's for me, virtually impossible to the point of terrorfying in concept. I do hope I'm not holding the group back because of that. If so, please forgive me.

No, i dont really think focusing your energies on a single well developed character is going to hold us back at all, i was just curious :)

I agree the conflict should definitely not be simply us vs nature, conflict should be seated primarily with the characters, im just trying to suggest something other than a war that could affect people on a large scale. Like imagine an earthquake shattering ba sing se. Earth kingdoms economy would be in complete turmoil. Some groups would want to help, others would take advantage of it. It would certainly affect the way people are dealing with each other. But fundamentally i agree with you- the characters should be providing the main source of conflict. If natural disasters dont appeal to you than certainly we shouldnt do it. Did you have any ideas on conflicting motivations youd want to focus on? Perhaps we can build something from that

Every time I think about it in a grand-scale sort of way, a deep political or national involvement, it goes straight to war. lol.

And to be honest, War wouldn't upset me any. I wouldn't mind using it to structure something here.

There's gotta be something un-ordinary floating around that people want to get their hands on. Something powerful. With that, I can imagine nations taking action while skirting the line of, but not necessarily engaging full scale war.

Well, this seems thoroughly abandoned.

I can understand being busy, but a whole week without a thought or comment is usually considered a pretty long time. So, sad to say it, but it doesn't look like this is going to make it

Well, okay. I mean, a week long being busy is entirely natural.
It's just off-putting not hearing from anyone.

Edit: Too clarify, I am still interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom