Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Superman Theories

After hearing and reading tons of theories regarding Superman, his stregth, etc.

It got me wondering questions on my own. Why is Superman afraid of an element that can be mined at his very own home planet? How did he become solar-powered? If he is indestructable, he ressurected after being 'killed', how come his parents were killed in the planet explosion?

And... If Superman's enemies wanted to get rid of him, why not simply kill him with kryptonite then bury him in a coffin with a kryptonite knife stabbed on his chest? And in addition, bury him with a random common name such as Heinz Duffensmirtz. That way, he cannot ressurect nor can anyone find him to bury him out and save him. That is the best part. I want that to happen. >:) *evil smirk* I really hate that stuck-up horrible man!

Superman is weak against kryptonite, because it's irradiated from when his planet exploded. For reasons, that radiation only effects the beings from the planet Krypton.

He's just naturally solar powered, kind of like a plant, but more extreme.

He is not indestructible. Doomsday actually "killed" him without the use of kyrptonite. If you are as powerful as Superman, you can conceivably punch him and break his bones. The only issue is that it's hard to exhaust his powers while he's under the influence of the yellow sun. Sufficently sharp or magical objects can also make him bleed and potentially kill him.

The El family, along with the rest of krypton were wiped out, because none of them had Superman's powers. Krypton had a red son, so they did not benefit from power giving qualities of the yellow sun. They were essentially normal people, who lacked the foresight to create an effective escape plan. Superman, Supergirl, and a few others were the only ones to actually escape the planet's destruction.

Why hasn't the joker just put a gun to Batman's head and finished him off? You can say this about just about every modern story of fiction. The bad guys never act in the most efficient and logical order, because the writers don't want them to win. They create clumsy scenarios that are designed to heighten tension and drama, but do nothing else. Why would Blofield strap James Bond to a table, and then expect a slow moving laser to eventually finish him off? The writer will say that he's just sadistic, cruel, and bored with normal murder. In reality it just creates a situation where we're on the edge of our seat wondering how Bond will get out of this one. If Superman were to be dealt with in an efficient and pragmatic way, then we wouldn't have over eighty years of Superman stories.

Mitsu said:
He's just naturally solar powered, kind of like a plant, but more extreme.

Why hasn't the joker just put a gun to Batman's head and finished him off? You can say this about just about every modern story of fiction. The bad guys never act in the most efficient and logical order, because the writers don't want them to win. They create clumsy scenarios that are designed to heighten tension and drama, but do nothing else. Why would Blofield strap James Bond to a table, and then expect a slow moving laser to eventually finish him off? The writer will say that he's just sadistic, cruel, and bored with normal murder. In reality it just creates a situation where we're on the edge of our seat wondering how Bond will get out of this one. If Superman were to be dealt with in an efficient and pragmatic way, then we wouldn't have over eighty years of Superman stories.
Re: the Krypton having red sun. Clearly I missed that details as I don't pay much time reading into Superman. But it's still strange to have the ability of being powered by a yellow sun when they have a red sun...

As to Joker not killing Batman instantly with a gun... :p I always thought Joker is not the real enemy. He just wants to play with Batman by messing around with him. You know, much similar with Dr. Heinz Doof and Perry from Phineas and Ferb. The guy simply wants action. Then again, Batman may just have a Kevlar vest under him that would make him bullet proof anyway.

Back
Top Bottom