Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to Further Dating Plot After Coitus

Sex, for many, is just the beginning of the relationship. You've shared each other's bodies. Have you shared minds? Souls? Think of sex not as a finale, but as the start of something new. Now that you know each other, the dates can become spicier, the interactions deeper.

Well, I guess it depends on what the overarching plot is? You mentioned dating, so I am guess the rp is focused on the relationship between the two characters. So, consider:

How do the character feel about having sex? Was it a long time coming, or heat of the moment? Is it appropiate, or is there something taboo about their relationship?

How was the sex? Was it so good they can't keep their hands off the next morning, or is it awkward for some reason? Did both character feel the same way about it?

Are there other's who might have an opinion on the relationship? Friends, parents, ex-lovers, current lovers?

@xanaphia and Whisper Twice: :heart: Those were good and helpful suggestions.
@xanaphia: I love those 'guide questions' or as I would say, 'stimulants'. Much appreciated.

Whisper Twice said:
Sex, for many, is just the beginning of the relationship. You've shared each other's bodies. Have you shared minds? Souls? Think of sex not as a finale, but as the start of something new. Now that you know each other, the dates can become spicier, the interactions deeper.
Alright, now two questions left in my mind. One, how or when do you end an RP story? I am completely aware that some goes on indefinitely but surely a portion of stories DO end. How do you come about that?

And two, what if the sexual intercourse was due to rape as opposed to having a relationship?

My two cents;

To lengthen any story you either create conflict or story point. There are probably other methods but those are the two I can readily think of right now.

A - Conflict is essentially a problem your character(s) face, address, and fix. The resolution may or may not be favorable for all parties involved. The problem unravels and develops the story. The characters affect it and are affect by it. All of this builds up for the resolution, which can also be your plot twist. Once you finish a conflict, you either end the story or simply create another conflict.

B - If your story is more of a 'slice of life' kind of story, then you may want to present your character(s) with a situation where they want to make a decision, I call this story point. This could lead to conflict, or could just lead to another point where they make another decision.

A successful story combines both elements. If you rely too much on creating conflict, your characters lose autonomy. Save for one character, the others become pieces in a chessboard without any will or power to make their own decisions. If you rely too much on creating story points without creating sufficient conflict, then your story becomes increasingly bland and repetitive, and your characters static as opposed to dynamic. It might even become unrealistic as your characters survive life without facing any obstacles. Watch any good movie and you'll see this is how stories are usually built. The only addition they make is the inclusion of a wow factor, something that is unexpected and is intended to steer the story somewhere unanticipated - a plot twist.

If your story is essentially a dating story where you have two characters dating and then bedding, then you probably don't have much to add. It is always better to flesh out your character's past, present and future. Expand on their families, life plans, circle of friends, and introduce multiple characters to the cooking pot. Instead of two people in a date, make it a love triangle, give someone an opportunity to work somewhere far, introduce pregnancy, family drama, Or just have your character run away during sex and get hit by a bus, etc..

If all else fails, maybe its time to end the story.

I am probably not someone who can help with endings, as I have never ended a rp story-wise.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
And two, what if the sexual intercourse was due to rape as opposed to having a relationship?
Well, how do the victim and assailant feel about this? What happens next depends on whihc you were playing. The victim may feel angry, sad, helpless, lost, scared, empty. They might lash out violently, or turn their feeling inward and hurt themselves. They might engage in hyper sexuality to reclaim control over their bodies, or freeze up sexually and close themselves off to others. They might have conflicted feelings about their assault, especially if they found they enjoy it, or parts of it. They may decide that they loved it, and adore their rapist. Up to the player, really.

On the otherside, how does the attacker feel? Do they knowledge that it was indeed rape? Are they proud they committed this act, or ashamed? Do they wish to do it again? To the same victim, or someone else?

1. Alice takes the sex way more seriously than Bobby.

2. The sex was the best sex Bobby has ever had. Alice... meh.

3. Bobby immediately calls Alice an Uber after he throws the condom away.

4. Alice doesn't want people at work to know she had sex with Bobby.

5. Bobby doesn't feel like he's worthy of Alice and pulls away. Alice misinterprets this as being ditched. Or she kinda liked Bobby, but she's like "wow HE dumped me??? fuck him then"

6. Bobby and Alice argue over breakfast.

7. Alice has a weird job she hasn't told Bobby about.

8. Bobby had an ulterior motive for sleeping with Alice.

9. Last night was p good, but he heard Alice was great at anal and he didn't get any. Alice might be retired from anal. Or she's saving it for a special occasion.

10. Alice put a finger in Bobby's ass last night. Bobby didn't like it, or maybe he liked it more than he wants to admit.

11. Bobby has a Tinder account and an OKCupid account. He has two dates lined up for tomorrow. How does Alice feel?

12. Alice wants to do it in public and Bobby's scared.

13. Alice and Bobby want a threeway with Chloe.

14. Something happened before Bobby could get off last night. But Alice isn't in the mood anymore.

15. Alice wanted Bobby to be rougher with her.

You ge the point. Sex is just the beginning of the bullshit.

as for when to start and end:

are they going to face their personal issues and try to become happy? the beginning.
are they happy? the end.

Back
Top Bottom