Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Occasional Musings of Nature Girl (Comments Welcome)

Omg! Thank you! :blush: If you like it so far, I can't wait until you see what he does next!

Definitely having eyes on it has helped me feel "not alone" with it, so, if you ever get stuck or want another pair of eyes, I'm not an editor but I know story.

He's scaring the pants off me and I'm just starting chapter six, so please, no spoilers till I'm caught up with you! Just when he's chilled me, he deals me a double blow lol. You've definitely nailed scary! :s

Thanks for the other eyes offer. It may well be something I'd consider when I've got someway in. At the moment I'm still feeling around disparate concepts but at least I'm writing sentences! In the meantime, am off into Boogeyman....I do recommend it to anyone who wants an intricately nuanced and layered fear factor.....I will say no more. For now. :)

Seriously, Folks, check out Rudolph Quin's "Boogeyman, Boogeyman, Under My Bed". It's a totally addictive, original, funny, scary read with some damned intriguing characters. Go read!!! Now!!! :)

Wow. Every muscle in my body is screaming! I helped a friend move into a new apartment over the weekend and it took forever. Ended up starting the decorating too. Am exhausted. Really wanted to write but no time, no energy. And it wasn't even avoidance!!! ;):sleepy:;)

Quote for today: "Frye wanted to run her over with the car, just for that alone."

Priceless! From the wonderful Boogeyman, Boogeyman, Under My Bed by Rudolph Quin. Go read, people, before he makes you pay! ;):);)

Lol, thank ya! Yeah, he sure does get uptight. XD

Great to have you back! That's wonderful that you were able to help a friend move. Was a Navy brat myself and still, I hate packing and unpacking. It is such an event! So, I'm sure your help was invaluable and much appreciated.

Yeah, but I was definitely in tune with him on that one! ;)

Jeez....moving! What made it such a drainer was one of the guys had to drop out with a sprained ankle and I had to help with the refrigerator from hell and that's what caused the extreme muscle-kill lol. But yeah, it had its fun moments. After everything was in and a space cleared, we cracked open a bottle or four of wine, chips, cake - Frye would've loved it! :) Then sorted my friend's new tv and watched the first dvd that came out of the box. It was Goodfellas and none of us had seen it for like forever, and one of us never, so we had a great night/morning! :):sleepy:

And now this gorgeous house I've had my eye on for a while's come onto the market and I've been speaking with the real estate people so I think I'm going to be moving soon though nothing's definite yet. Must rest up first! :s

So I've got to thinking about F. Murray Abraham. I've been watching a lot of old movies lately and he keeps popping up. He's always good, though cast in too small a part every time, except for Amadeus. I reckon he should've been a really big character actor. But what gets me is this. Was he ever young? No matter what the film or when it was made, this guy always looks old. And old's good. He suits it. But did he never get a part when he was young? Any info gratefully received. :)

Everything I've read seems to indicate that he got his debut on screen in 1971(born in 1939, so, he would have been 32, which is not terribly old but probably solidified in his regal, middle aged looks by then). Before that all stage and Broadway work.

Thanks, Rudolph. :). I did some googling about his films and the earliest I could find was 1975 so he's been around a long time, and woefully under-used and valued in my opinion.

Regal nails it perfectly. He does have that certain authority that usually comes from age and experience, but I suspect he was born with it, like those occasional little "buddha" babies you see smiling a quiet calm amidst the chaos of the world. ;)

So I'm feeling kind of down today, if relieved it's the weekend. My aunt's sick and having all kinds of tests. There are whispers of cancer but I'm not getting wound up till we have the facts.

Worried as hell, all the same. Still, Chapter 19 of Rudolph's "Boogeyman, Boogeyman, Under My Bed" took my mind off things for a while. I keep telling you, folks. Go read it! :)

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Nature Girl. Sending good vibes and good thoughts your way, hoping that whatever the test results, you and your family can get through it. Thank goodness for those small distractions. :rose:

I echo Rudolph's sentiments, Nature Girl. Sorry to hear about your Aunt, and fingers crossed that everything works out for the best.

My aunt, who's undergoing tests right now, can play and sing this gorgeous song almost as well as Kate Bush. It's her extra special fave. :heart:

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndq-IDw0Lg/[/video]

So some of the test results are in for my aunt and it's not looking as great as it could though not too sinister either. Am flying home this evening and hopefully things will be clearer, maybe even more positive. Will be back when I'm back. Take care, all ;)

Flickr-Airplane-over-ocean-by-The-Lane-Team.jpg

Back
Top Bottom