Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Temptation (bar rp, all characters welcome)

ShadowMaster

Super-Earth
Name: Timothy

Timothy sighed as he wiped down the bar, the building inheretted from his older sister and painstakingly moved here. The white fox wondered how his Nee-chan was. Oh well. Who might his first customer be? Would they like a drink, a room, visit the pool, dance, or sing on stage?

The Forrest seemed overrun with goblins everywhere. The caravan he was in were nearly all wiped out, he happened to be the last one standing against the ensuing horde. Zack quickly realized that it was a mistake to take these back areas at night, but the leader insisted on taking the route. Two goblins lunged forward, he parried the first strike and quickly dodged the second by sidestepping. In the midst of moving toward this right he waved he sword and cleanly cut off the head of the goblin he had just parried. As soon as he regained his footing he quickly raised his sword to block the oncoming attack. The goblin had quickly taken advantage of Zack's movements, it caused him to go off balance while he guarded against the attacks. In that moment the goblin believed he had checkmate as he swiped his battle axe at Zack's face, but with quick reflexes he was able to push his upper body back causing him to roll backwards and in one motion spring up to his feet using his hands as leverage. While the goblin turned to attack again Zack was already in motion, and stabbed the goblin in the heart. He quickly pulled the sword from his dying enemy and turned his attention toward the group. They all seemed to have a shocking expression on their face as they all ran away. It turns out he had killed their leader along with his first captain.

Zack had sighed in relief that he didn't have to continue his brawl with the rest of them. After the battle he sheathed his sword and continued on his journey down the road. He trekked on for miles when he finally stumbled upon a town. Over in the corner, yonder on the far side of the town there was a pub. He decided after the night he had been through he'd walk in and grab a drink. He slowly walked into the bar and sat down on a stool. "Hey Barkeep, a Beer please." he shouted across to a person who looked spaced out.

((I hope this is okay?))

Snapped from his thoughts, Timothy looked at his first customer. "Very well, what kind my good man?" He replied politely, wondering where, or even when this man was from. Sword, looks of light armor, and a little dirty, like he'd walked through a dust cloud recently. How would this man react to so much as the karaoke machine on stage?

Zack hadn't taken the time to actually look around the bar, his thirst clearly needed to be quenched. "I'll have some ale." he told the barkeep. He started to let his eyes wander around and came to notice no people inside this particular pub. Usually there were pubs bustling with people and loud noises, but this one was strange. He quickly placed his his hand on his sword. He grew completely skeptical about his safety and for all he knew the goblins lured him into a false sense of security. He saw a shadow pass by the window and quickly jumped from his seat. "Barkeep you better tell me you're not with them goblins." he shouted as he drew his sword. He turned toward the door with his sword drawn. Two women walked in looking at a man in full armor with a sword drawn at them. The women screamed and ran off out the door. Zack then looked at the floor and realized he was a bit jumpy. He re-sheathed his sword and turned around and sat back down.​

The fox frowned at the mans sudden hostility. "When are you from kid? What year was it when you entered the door? This place sits at a cross road of time, no matter where it's built. Before moving it here I had a man from the 27th century get into a drunken brawl with a man from the 16th. So, when are you from?" He paused before adding "and I don't serve goblins here, little fuckers try to steal my money, and the copper wiring. I'll serve orcs, Eldar, elves, khajiit, turians, Krogan, demons, just about everyone, but I won't abide thieves."

Upon returning to his seat the man behind the counter began to speak "When are you from kid? What year was it when you entered the door?" he said. Zack just sat there as the man continued to speak he ignored almost everything else the man said. He was still attempting to grasp the situation he was in. He took another moment to look around again and began seeing things he hadn't seen before. Across the room on a stage, he could see a machine that was lit up like a lantern only there was no fire. 'How can this be?' he thought to himself. He finally returned his attention back to the man behind the counter when he realized he wasn't a man at all but a fox? He was confused for a moment because he had never seen anything like this before. Once again he began to speak and this time, he decided to answer the fox's questions. "Nineteen thirty C.E.," he said and continued with a question "What trickery is this?" he stated as he looked at the fox with a quizzical look.

The fox raised an eyebrow as the made dated himself. "Well well, from another world as well. Mine had basic electricity by the nineteen twenties, and you've clearly never seen one of these before." He tapped a lightbulb. "Not trickery, but not magic either. Just, sort of is. My year is 2016. Try not to be alarmed, I know all this stuff may seem like magic, but it's not. You know how the savages who use bones for clubs and such. They think a bow and arrow is magic, but it's just you being more advanced then them. Same deal here, only in reverse. We long ago stopped using bows and arrows." He held up a 10mm pistol. "With this, I could kill a man in full armor like he was naked, and three buildings away from me, in less time then it takes to blink." He threw a bottle at the nearby fire place, shooting it in the air, the liqueur making the fire burst for a moment. "This is more mid range, not the best for killing a man who's across the field. But we do have weapons for it. We also can save a man from deaths door, give them a new heart when their current one is failing. We can find illnesses long before they become dangerous and treat them. We can even give them back a limb they lost, made of metal, but still comfortable to the victim. A man who lost both his legs was able to run a race and win. And build. Massive towers of steel and glass reaching to the sky like mountains. We even have gone to the moon and come back. And one day, we can hopefully go to the very stars themselves. And we are still just mortals, we live and die the same as you, worrying about our families and if we'll survive this season." He said with a simple smile. "Anyway, what type of ale would you like? I have so many to choose from. Just pick, anything will do. Except Paps Blue Ribbon, that shit is horrible."

When the fox opened his mouth to answer his question hr sat there and listened intently. He had explained a number of things but didn't go into extensive detail on how some of the things worked. Then the main shot his gun and caused Zack to flinch a little. He had never seen such a small instrument make suck a loud noise, it had made his ears ring a bit. He placed his left hand over his ear and began to rub until the ringing went away. This world was definitely separate from his own and he had no clue on how he arrived at this new time. He looked at the fox once more and said "I'll take whatever is good." he allowed himself a small smirk to let the fox know he was friendly and needed not to worry about him. He turned his head to find a group of people entering the bar. Now this was more like the taverns he'd seen in his time. He just figured he was the first person in. Zack allowed himself to relax a bit as a pretty young woman sat next to him at the bar.

"Hmmm... I think I'll start you off with the unnamed ale from Skyrim. Not the best I've got but it's still good and fairly cheap. For me it is anyway, you don't have to pay a single coin, or whatever you use for currency." He pushed a button and the stock rotated, stopping it after a minute and filling a pint glass with the amber liquid. "Welcome ladies, can I get you anything?"

Zack sat there taking in the fragrance that was emitting from the female that had sat beside him. The bar felt like it had come to life, there was a large crowd gathering around the front people began demanding drinks. Zack felt as if some of the people were being rude about acquiring some alcohol, but he supposed he too would get fuzzy if he didn't get his ale. The girl next to him ordered a margarita before turning back to her friend as they began to gossip about things that occurred throughout their day. He grabbed the beer from the bar a rose it up in the air "To you fox," he said as he began to chug the ale quickly. After he finally completes the entire pint he slams the cup on the bar counter and wipes his face with his right hand.

Timothy looked around the bar, hoping to spot a familiar face or two, but was dismayed when he recognized no one. Still, he hid his emotions well, and got the man another ale when he had finished his first pint.

The bar was beginning to get very unsettled when two orcs walked in. One of them walked toward the back of the bar, while the other stood at the entrance. Zack was quick to pick up on these orcs and began to follow the movement of the second orc, but when he could no longer see the second one he worried a little bit. He turned his attention back to the first, who just stood there with cold eyes and a stern face. He looked as if he was contemplating something in that thick orc brain of his. Zack grabbed his newly poured drink and took a swig at it to blend in with the rest of the crowd. The orc over by the door then walked toward the back to join his friend. As he walked past Zack noticed the tattoo on his arm. He was from a clan that had destroyed Zack's village when he was a just a boy. He quickly rose from his seat and slowly followed the orc to the back. In the very back of the bar, he could see three more orcs, the first looking a bit older than the rest. He had a scar running down the side of his right eye, and two fangs jutting out of his mouth and a gray braided beard covering the rest of his face. The two others appeared to be younger, both having smooth babyfaces with no identifying marks.

The orc from the entrance greeted the older one and began speaking in their native tongue. Zack couldn't understand a word they were saying, so he returned to the bar to ask the barkeep if he knew anything about those orcs. "Hey Fox, what can you tell me about those orcs?" he said as he grabbed his cup once more for another swig.

Timothy looked at the orcs with a bit of surprise. "The old one is Urag gro-Shub, from the mages college in Winterhold, of Skyrim, from the 4th era, year 201, part of the continent of Tamriel, of planet nirn. He's the librarian. The others, I think one is of the Hoard from Azeroth. Don't know much about them. The other two... never seen their type before. You know of them?"

Back
Top Bottom