Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fate/Meta Brawl: A Fate/stay night and Superhero/Supervillain Crossover (Group)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGateSon

Supernova
The Overview
Geez that's a long title, but I wanted to get the point across well enough to attract attention. Basically, I'm looking to do an RP that's a crossover involving the Fate series that, instead of using historical/mythical characters as the heroes, uses DC and Marvel heroes and villains as the summoned heroes. I only say DC and Marvel because those are the two most well known brands, and also because I'm personally not familiar enough with third party stuff, lessening the fun of it for me :p. Also, when I say heroes and villains, I do want to exclude cosmetic entities in same vein as Living Tribunal, The Spectre, Death, etc that would super overpowered, though perhaps one of them could be used in the Ruler class for the war.

My initial thought was to use the 5th Holy Grail War as the setting, so we'd be using the original masters such as Shirou, Rin, etc. However, I'd be open to coming up with OCs for this made up war as well, so that's something to be discussed as a group. Obviously for an RP like this, we'll need to fabricate character sheets for the summoned heroes, coming up with their various ranks, skills, and Noble Phantasm. Here's a link to a thread serves as a great example for the kind of character sheet participants in this RP would come up with (click the spoiler links/buttons in the first few posts to get an expanded list of all the sheets that have been made thus far). There's a mixture of characters from other mediums and universes in there, but there's a lot of superhero related characters as well.

Who's Right For This RP?
One final note I'd like to make is that it would be great if we could get players who are at least fairly familiar with the basics of the Fate universe. I'm not expecting everyone to be experts (I certainly am not one), especially since the Fate universe is so dense and, to be frank, sometimes convoluted. However, if you are an expert, you're more than welcome to play along as well! If anything, it'd be good to get someone who's super knowledgeable about everything to help us along in making up character sheets or what have you, though of course, it'd be important for said expert to be patient with those of us who are less knowledgeable about Fate related things. Lastly, for something like this, we're going to need some literate RP'ers.

Ok, wall of text ended. Hopefully there are some great roleplayers out there who are fans of both Fate and superheroes! Anyway, I think that about covers the basics. I'll create character and OOC threads if/when enough interest has been shown here and things are looking good that an RP can actually begin.

P.S. If this does gain traction, I'd like to reserve Batman as my summoned hero :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom