Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Knight Shame: Yellow eyes and Ten Rings (Absinth/Lagertha)

Ren looked towards the woman, stopping mid tracks as she sneered. She couldn't look at Daniel, too embarrassed by the act. "You know if we were husband and wife it'd make sense, but I don't even like boys!" Ren snapped, agitated. She didn't care anymore what people said, she was already a freak for being a woman able to hold powers a boy should only wield.

Ren stomped back into the room, throwing her pouch back down on the seat as she glared at the woman. "I refused to take off my bandages." Ren laced her fingers on her shirt, tugging it over her head and throwing at the ground at the woman's feet. Her whole chest was bandaged up, shoulders, neck, ribs, only her stomach was exposed, her hips even looked like they were bandaged up. Ren huffed, moving to remove those as well, her butt, her thighs were bandaged up, and she looked away as if insulted she had to shed her clothing.​

"And if you continue to believe that you are the freak they think you to be, one day you will give up and just prove them right" Trisha stated in a serious tone as she watched her, though her expression was too serious to really tell if she was enjoying it "Clearly, Kaess and my grandson believe you to be worth more than that".

Daniel found himself staring for a moment as she stripped, but before she even managed to get her shirt off, he was already turning away as he closed his eyes, willing his blood flow not to redirect itself to lower places. He took in a deep breath, then exhaled as he began to strip out of his clothing.

Unlike Rentia, he seemed to make something more out of disrobing that she did.

First came the shirt, both arms crossing over the other as he tugged it out of his pants and began to pull it up over his body, slowly exposing inch after inch of scared flesh. What had been done to his stomach and arms was nothing compared to the absolute mess that was his back. In a way, calling it a mess was inaccurate. The lashes, the cuts, each was measured, connected, as though they were trying to create some kind of abstract tapestry across his shoulder blades, then down his spine and lower back.

He simply tossed his shirt onto the floor near the wall, before his thumbs hooked into the waistline of his pants and then they too slid down his body, revealing that the backs of his legs were just as scarred as the rest of him. Whomever had done this to the young man had been fairly thorough. Eventually he turned to face both Trisha and Rentia, revealing that he was VERY well hung despite being soft, leaving one to question whether that thickness would get larger if he became erect.

"I have never, ever seen two young people so reluctant to disrobe for an attractive partner in my life" Trisha shook her head, then look at Rentia "I want you to touch Daniel. I do not care where, I simply want you to find one thing you appreciate about his body and show him that appreciation. I can leave the room if you like, but I expect this to be done. Daniel, I expect the same from you, but only once she has touched you first"

Ren tried not to look at Daniel as he undressed next to her. Eyes were curious however and she found herself turning to see the scars that riddled his back, his legs, and the soft cock between his legs. No doubt it was monstrous, and if he was turned on it would be twice the size, but Ren didn't look long before looking at his aunt. The bandages still covered her breasts, her ass, ribs, pussy, thighs, and feet, though there were small scars peeking through them on her lower back. Still, Ren seemed uneasy when the woman talked about touching a part of his body she admired.

"I don't admire anything he has. He's a boy! I don't like boys!" Ren proclaimed, but the woman seemed to not care. The woman seemed on being persistent about Ren appreciating his boy, and the same for Daniel for Ren's body. Ren looked away from them both shaking her head, and grunting, Daniel was older by a few years, taller, stronger, well endowed, but Ren looked uneasy at the idea. Though Ren understood the extent of this exercise, it didn't mean she agreed with it.

"Fine." Ren sneered, though she didn't look at Daniel as she touched his biceps, she grabbed one of them, touching them before putting her arm down. "He's stronger than me." Ren made that assumption, but she knew it was true. "But I'm faster."​

The larger male had to fight a shiver at her touch, closing his eyes for a moment as she put her hands on his arms. Now that, that was odd. She had an effect on him, even if it was a minor one.

"You children are so reserved these days" Trishatla spoke, shaking her head as she watched them
"Perhaps not everyone indulges in borderline perverted practices as a means to be a voyeur under the guise of "Training" Daniel snapped t his aunt irritably, which was damn near unheard of in the Carver family. He was simply that annoyed that he didn't give much of a fuck about what might happen later.

"You and I both know I'm not doing this for my own enjoyment. Not entirely" Trisha grinned, then laughed "I understand either way. I will give you some privacy". With that she swept in a wide circle and made her way to the doors, closing them quietly behind her as she left.

Daniel heaved a relieved sigh, then finally addressed her comment "You aren't faster than me by much".

He let out an exasperated sigh, then said "I hate this exercise, but I guess it gives me a chance to let me tell you what I really think about you". He moved to stand before her, then reached out and took some of her hair in his hands, then leaned in and ran it across his cheek, much like a cat might nuzzle someone's hand. His eyes closed as he breathed in her scent, and he finally said "There is so much I like about you. Your wonderful hair color, your eyes too".

He opened his eyes, locking his gaze with hers. There was an almost unfathomable heat to them, a burning desire that seemed to make his eyes smoulder like embers that would keep burning for days. "I know you don't like boys, but I wish to the Gods you'd like me" He said in a low, almost growling bass tone, then shook his head and stepped back. He had some pretty amazing control, considering his thick shaft hadn't hardened that much. There was a certain stiffness there, but he wasn't quite standing at attention yet.

Ren felt a bit embarrassed standing in front of him, touching his biceps, and she pulled away her callused hands from him to look at his aunt. The display the two gave showed their relationship was rocky at best and Ren was silent. Though Ren wasn't sure why the woman left them alone, one naked and the other halfway naked. Ren's head tilted to the side, hand on her right hip as she watched the doors close.

"Well, now that she's gone. Perhaps we can put our clothes back on." Her head turned to the side watching him step in front of her, though of course Ren's head had to tilt back to look up at him. "I beg to differ. You held back on your strength. I held back on my speed." Ren admitted, looking down. She didn't like using her full speed, it was dangerous and reckless.

Ren looked up at him, a bit bewildered by what he was saying. "What you really think of me?" Ren crossed her arms over her bandaged chest. "Let me guess, you despise a girl like me, and wish I never was in your class-" Ren's words stopped, face softening as she watched him grab a handful of her hair, the lighter parts sparkling in the bit of sunlight that poured through the pillars. She was mystified by his hand, gripping the hairs rather gently, but she watched him bend down and run the soft strands against his stubbled cheek. Ren was silent as she watched him, listened to him.

She stiffened slightly when he opened his yellow eyes to star back into her own green ones. The growl was the thing that made her more uneasy, but there was something pleasing about the way he looked at her. However, Ren couldn't help but bust out laughing, leaning forward as he pulled back as she laughed. She laughed so hard tears formed in her eyes, rolling down her cheeks. A hand came up, waving in front of her face before she caught her breath.

"Only one person's ever looked at me like that." Ren admitted, twisting her wrists as she looked at them. The look had brought up uneasy feelings, it was pleasing, but Ren didn't see enjoyment in the look anymore. "Well, besides you." Ren shrugged her shoulder. "I loved her..." Ren looked at him. "..and she betrayed me." Ren grinned now, sighing. "Besides! Boys like you, it's always a trick." Ren moved, grabbing her clothing and pulling it on. "You can tell your Aunt what she wants to hear, but I'm done for the day." Ren grabbed her pouch and moved, pulling up her pants, tightening them, to go to the door.​

Well, that was startling. He hadn't expected that reaction, though in all seriousness, he had actually expected at least one smack across the face. Instead he watched her laugh, and somehow thought she was just so damn beautiful when she did. It was a nice change from the scowling and seriousness.

Before she could get to the door, Daniel caught her arm and kept her from moving. He held onto her, not enough to hurt but enough to show that he wasn't going to let go until he'd spoke.

"Ren. You don't need to assume everyone is going to be like her, and you don't need to think every boy is just trying to trick you. I know you won't believe me now, and you may never believe me. You're as hurt, physically and psychologically, as I am. I just want you to know that I will never knowingly, willingly betray you. I... I can't say I love you, but I like you. A lot" He told her, carefully choosing his words as he stood there. He was still naked, and even in the dim light she could see how the shadows contoured his body, playing across his scars "I want you to know that you can count on me. I don't care if you like me, so long as I can be near you".

With his peace being said, he let her go and made his way over to his fallen clothing to pull them on, started with his shirt before he bent down to pick up his pants, and the cord of rope that served as his belt.

Ren was surprised when he gripped her arm, she looked at him from over her shoulder. Gulping at the hulking sight of him. He was handsome, extremely so, and she knew most girls would faint at the sight of him, most women would love to jump him, but Ren was silent. She watched his face, the way the shadows danced over his skin, his eyes, his brows, his stomach. She watched his lips part, smooth, soft looking, as he spoke his peace.

"You've only known me since yesterday, what do you know about love?" Ren glared at him a bit, talking about liking her a lot. She smiled, laughing slightly at the thought before she went silent as he let go. She had seen his scars all too closely, but Daniel had noticed her mental ones. "Be happy. You still have everyone you love."

Ren was thankful when he let go, she didn't look back at him as she pushed open the doors. She didn't look for his Aunt when she left, walking down the hallway. Ren stopped though, dead in her tracks when she saw the Sisters leading a group of girls, they were all Ren's age. The girls looked at her, some with happy faces, others with longing ones, still those with hateful ones, but the most hateful ones were the ones she recognized the most from her days in the pit. Ren looked down, waiting until all the girls passed before she moved through the halls. She wasn't really sure where she was going, but she knew she wasn't going back to that training room, and when she found Kaêss sitting in a room with some others, she threw the pouch at him. His surprised expression didn't catch her gaze as she left, making her way to the wall of hooks outside. At least, Ren knew, she could clear her head by climbing even with her wounded feet.

It didn't take Ren long to find it. A terrible wall with fish hooks hanging off the side in the middle of a field. It must have been a castle, or part of one long ago, but now it stood stretching to the clouds. Hooks had melted into the side of it, nasty things with ancient dried blood on them, but Ren seemed not to care. She was already climbing it, about thirty feet up as she continued to climb, trying to clear her thoughts. I wanted him to kiss me..That was weird.. Ren thought.​

Still had everyone he loved. He supposed the story about what his family had gone through hadn't reached anyone outside of those he trained with. He knew Danielle likely didn't speak much of it, and most of the people who did know were told by their instructor as a means to understand why he had been practically mute for a long time.

So as she wandered off, he went to find his aunt, telling her that he and Ren had done what she asked, and that they were going to take a bit to get over the overall embarrassment of the whole ordeal, to which the woman replied "It's so cute that you think I'm going to let you get away with that" before dismissing him. Instead of arguing, he just hurried off.

He made his way to the library, not exactly a popular place for most of the Knights in Training, who preferred training their bodies and their senses. They were taught mandatory basics, like reading and writing and arithmetic, but most of the knights only had an interest in history when it come to the more interesting tales, such as that of Daniel's father, or the Demon that had once ruled a very large portion of land to the South of the continent.

He spent quite some time combing through books about experiments, stories and legends about men and women who had had more than five rings. It seemed as though Rentia and his own father were special cases, as every other story ended the same. They either went mad, rapidly aged, or the strain was so great that it killed them, and if it didn't outright do that, it put them into a coma. There were no real hints as to why his father or Rentia had been any kind of exception, but he did have a theory on his father.

Eventually, he set his book down among the piles before him, groaning and stretching, only just now noticing the lanterns being lit and the darkness through the windows. He had spent quite a bit of time reading, it seemed.

Night had come rather quickly, and with that Kaêss had expected Ren to be back in the studies, the small spot in the library he often sat her down to read and write in. So Kaêss had headed there, seeing Daniel amongst the books, but his view lingered in the darker part of the library. He moved, past the book cases, to where some of the servants of the monastery were lighting candles and placing them on the pillars. Kasêss looked at the clean wooden table, the chairs neatly pushed in, no books on top of it, and he looked at the two girls lighting the candles.

"My dears." Kaêss said after a moment gaining their attention. They turned to look at him, one blowing out a match and the other holding on to white pillar candles as they bowed. "Pardon the intrusion of your fine work." Kaêss began lifting his thick chin up. "But have you seen a girl in here lately? The girl I normally spend time with here?"

"You mean Rentia Stormbin, sir?" The girl with the burnt match asked and Kaêss nodded his head. "She hasn't been here all day."

"We'd notice her hair anywhere. No one has that coloring in her family anymore I hear." The other spoke smiling, and Kaêss nodded, eyes on the table. "Is there something wrong? Is she alright?"

"I see.." Kaêss stated. "Nothing to fear my dears. I'm sure I just missed her along the way here. Don't start any alarms yet." Kaêss smiled. "Back to work lovely little things, I must search her out then." Kaêss turned them, passing Daniel as he went in a hurry, though he stopped a monk along the way to his exist. "Have you seen Ren anywhere?"

"Who?" The small man looked at him with large eyes.

"Rentia Stormbin, the girl with ten rings." Kaêss stated but the man shook his head. His jaw tensed, bowing to the monk. "Thank you kind sir. I must have missed her in the hall." Kaêss stated, he rushed down the hall, speed walking as he moved, going to Ren's door. He knocked on it softly, a few times, before rattling it. "Ren! Are you in there?" Kaêss knocked again, the small wooden door heaving as he huffed, turning the knob to find it unlocked. The door slide open, empty, no one inside. Kaêss tensed, walking briskly down the hallway as he moved, to the healers door, rattling it until the woman answered. "Has Ren come by today? Rentia Stormbin."

"She came by early in the morning. Throat was hurting her as usual, so I gave her some herbs. Haven't seen the girl sense." The woman inclined her head. "Can't find her? Not in her room or library?"

"No. I already checked. She hasn't checked in with me since after training. I haven't found her in the kitchen." Kaêss jaw tensed.

"Shall I tell the guards?" The woman spat on the ground. "Lota good they'll do. Probably laugh and shrug the girl is missing. Anywhere else you know she goes?" Kaêss shook his head at the woman's words.

"No. Even if she told me, she never stays out this late." Kaêss proclaimed.​

Daniel watched Kaess as he talked to the young women, then the monk. He eventually got up and began heading out of the library, padding silently through the halls as he started towards the training room he and Ren had been using. He paused, looking in for a moment before he started towards the field instead. It didn't look like she was there, then again, there was no reason why she would be.

"I know she went this way..." He mumbled as he made his way towards the wall of hooks, mumbling to himself as he moved quickly. It was already fairly late, so Ren should probably be in her room, but what if something had happened? He was certain his Aunt wouldn't have anything to do with this. She usually played with the rules, manipulating people through those instead of doing things that were out right not allowed.

"Ren?" He called as he exited the monastery and into the yard "Are you out here?"

She hadn't really thought she would make it to the top of the wall, or if it would end, but halfway up she had food an opening. No doubt it had once been a balcony, still, Ren had managed to find it hidden in the clouds and perched herself on it. She had sat there, legs dangling, no view of the ground below, as she watched the clouds twist and turn.

Somehow, she had found herself sleeping, only to be awoken by the shaking of her body. Is the castle wall falling? Ren had wondered, as she stared up at the broken archway. It had rattled her awake, but she hadn't moved, the clouds had still been light and fluffy. That much she could tell as she laid there, though, she realized quickly she couldn't move. I forgot t take my medicine. Ren remembered. Every morning, every meal, every night, she was suppose to take the foul smelling stuff. Ren had once gone without the stuff thinking it was a trick of the healer, but she had found herself shaking in her sleep, and Kaêss worried face had loomed over her for a year after, afraid she might shake again. Yet here she was, on top of the hooked wall she had climbed, unable to move, as the clouds turned colors.

"We have to find her!" Kaêss called, dragging the poor old healer down the halls.

"Kaêss! I'm sure Ren is fine, she always takes her medicine-" Kaêss stopped, almost out in the field with the woman, he turned to her. His eyes were wide and fearful as he gripped her dress and pulled her close.

"And what if she doesn't? What then Amelia? If she's stranded somewhere and misses her medicine, what are we to do? What is she to do?" Kaêss shoved the woman away, walking briskly out into the field. He saw Daniel in the yard, and his jaw tensed, before Kaêss walked up to him. Amelia, the old healer, hobbled behind him. "Dear boy, what pray might you be doing out here at this hour?"

"Maybe he's seen her." Amelia spat on the ground and Kaêss looked at her, sighing. "Don't give me that look Kaêss. It hasn't killed her yet, stubborn girl." Kaêss sneered at the woman as she spoke.​

"...I heard Kaess looking for Ren. I think she's up there" He mumbled as he unlooped the chain from his neck and removed one of his rings, sliding it onto his finger. He flexed his fingers, then glanced at them "She was upset by my aunt's training, took off shortly after we were done".

Without waiting for a response he was just suddenly gone, disappearing and reappearing rapidly at spots in the air, using his greystep to defy gravity until he was breaking through the clouds. He noticed the opening and launched himself to it, landing silently as he saw the quaking girl. Without even thinking about it, his necklace was removed and he was sliding his Panacea ring onto her finger, allowing the sickness to be driven from her body, if only temporarily.

"Rentia, can you hear me?" Daniel asked her, cupping her face with one hand as he leaned in close, pressing his other hand to her neck to feel her pulse. It was kind of stupid, since she'd just been shaking like an earthquake, but he couldn't be too sure.

Kaêss looked bewildered at Daniel. He had not expected the boy to pay so much attention to the fuss he had made in the library. His head tilted back looking up the wall. "I don't think-" By the time Kaêss began to speak, Daniel was gone.

Ren's eyes had fallen shut after a while, she had been there so long that the violet shaking had subdued to smaller quakes of her body. Enough so that the motion became soothing as she had laid there, expecting to die from the lack of medicine. Noise however, caught the girl's attention, her eyes sliding slowly open as she heard the sound of rocks sliding against rock.

"Dan..." Ren was surprised as she felt the ring on her finger, though the yellow eyes staring at her concerned made her wonder how he knew she had gone up here. No one knew Ren like to climb the wall when she was annoyed, though she had done so for years. Her skin was clammy, but the small quivers had stopped when the ring was on her hand, as well as did the pulse in her neck go back to normal. Ringing, Ren remembered the ringing from the shaking, but she could hear him clearly enough, and knew exactly who he was. "How?" Ren wondered gripping his arm as tried to sit up, at least the ring stopped the shaking for now, but Ren needed her medicine. "How did you know I was up here?"​

"Kaess was looking for you, and it seemed like he had no idea where you were" Daniel told her as he helped her sit up with an arm on her back to support her "This was more of a guess than anything, but I've been told there are some hidden spots on this wall, and I did notice you'd wandered off to the field after what happened earlier. I kind of half expected there to be nothing up here, and I am entirely glad I am wrong".

He looped an arm underneath her legs and hefted her up, saying "Alright, I'm going to get us down. Hopefully you won't get motion sick from this, at least until the ring is gone". He walked towards the edge of the balcony and threw them both over with a great leap, plummeting through the clouds. They got closer and closer to the ground, and at a certain point he began to step, diffusing the kinetic energy until he touched down softly on the grass with her in his arms. Not an easy feat, but with enough practice, anyone blessed with Greystep could do it.

"Found her" He stated as he carried her over to them "She said something about medicine?"

Ren just looked at him, confused by all means that he had found her. Though it was no surprise Kaêss had been looking for her, Ren always took her medicine. She allowed him to help prop her up, muscles still stiff as he helped her, but Ren didn't really fight. At least the shaking had stopped.

"No one climbs up here but me." Ren admitted. "I saw some boys try once, but they only got about twenty feet up before coming down." Ren had found the spots herself, after hearing about the rumors as well, though she was quite thankful he had guessed she might be up there. Ren curled up against his chest, burying her head in his shirt and closing her eyes as he talked about getting them down. "Thank you." Ren muttered, just before he leapt down with her in his arms.

Kaêss waited at the bottom with Amelia, both had looks of expression as the boy landed effortlessly with the stiff Ren in his arms. "Amelia, my dear, go fetch her medicine." Kaêss didn't look at Amelia as the old woman nodded, turned around, and hobbled quickly inside. His eyes were wide as he approached with caution, he brushed a hand on Ren's clammy cheek, her eyes opening slowly at the feeling. "Thank you Daniel." Kaêss stated looking him in the eye before he looked down at Ren, he was quiet for a moment, Ren staring back up at Kaêss. "You aren't shaking." Kaêss commented, and Ren picked up the hand that had Daniel's ring on it. "I see." Kaêss looked at Daniel sighing. "Smart boy indeed. Much smarter then your father." Kaêss turned around, motioning for Daniel to follow as Ren was silent in his arms. "I would carry her but she seems to be comfortable in your arms. Follow me boy."

Kaêss didn't bother looking behind him, and Ren had closed her eyes in Daniel's hold as he carried her. He walked in front of them, twisting and turning down the hallways, past the training room, past the private room they had been in earlier, past the library and the healer's quarters, down a dark and narrow hallway that only had one door at the very end. Amelia stood by the dark door, it looked like it had been burnt once or twice, but the wood had not turned to ash. She bowed, opening the door to a fairly small room, nothing fancy about it; a bed against a stone wall, a small stone window, a table with some glass jars filled with weird colored liquids and herbs. Amelia herself had a jar in her hand, blue liquid sloshed around it, a white daisy with several brown and green colored herbs floated around in the bottle. She moved to the bed, fluffing the pillow and pulling the sheets back as Kaêss filtered in behind her. The room was cramped, and four people made it more so, had Ren been in the room herself or with one other it wouldn't have been so bad.

"Lay her down, I'll feed her the medicine." Amelia spat on the cold stone ground, shifting her weight as Kaêss looked around the room sighing.

"I do wish she'd let me put her in a larger room." Kaêss began, before shutting the door behind Daniel. "Now Lord Carver, let me tell you how this goes; I thank you dearly for finding Ren in her stature, but word of this must not be known to anyone." Kaêss looked at Ren, who didn't stir in Daniel's hold. "Not even your aunt must know of this." Amelia looked at Kaêss as he spoke, waiting for the boy to put Ren down on the bed.

"You should have kept a closer eye on her eunuch, this wouldn't have happened." Amelia squished some spit in her mouth. "The girl should have been smart enough after the first time to know this would happen." Amelia spat on the ground. "Now, hurry up, that ring won't hold her shaking back for long."​

"I would thank you to not insult my father. He was a great man, good to my mother and good to his children. What you Monks believe of him is all conjecture and assumptions based on your own prejudices" Daniel replied in a wan tone, as though he'd repeated the sentence a thousand times before and felt like he'd repeat them a thousand times still. He also seemed a little pale. Did the ring he was wearing take that much energy for him to use it that supposed little bit he had?

He followed along behind him, taking note of where he was being led as he carried the stiff form of the young woman in his arms, keeping her held fast so she didn't have to worry about being dropped. He had never been this far before, and for fairly good reason. There were rumors about Amelia being a very surly woman who didn't like he space being intruded upon.

"Of course. I make a point not to tell my aunt anything anyways, and I wouldn't betray Ren like that" He said, settling the young woman on the cot before stating "Don't blame Kaess. My aunt is to blame for this nonsense, her and her ridiculous training. She just has to push people's buttons, especially if she senses something will make someone else uncomfortable. I think auntie Trisha just managed to upset her past the point of rationality, as she often does with anyone she can manage. I'll keep a better eye on things from now on"

Ren was silent in his arms, allowing him to move her around as the other two talked about her. She didn't like being in the throng of things, and Ren was too weak to care. Though she could feel how weak Daniel himself was getting when he put her down on the cot, causing the girl's eyes to flip open. Ren gripped his arm, lightly, looking into his weird yellow eyes. "Sit with me." Ren didn't ask, she commanded in her weak voice. She looked concerned about him, like he had when he found her, and she tugged him as if pulling him on top of her but more so he'd sit on the bed by her.

"She looks like she wants you to sit down by her." Kaêss commented, watching Ren scoot over to the wall as best she could, head on the pillow. Kaêss smiled lightly at Daniel bowing his head. "Thank you dear sir, you are most kind and wise with your knowledge." Amelia glared at Daniel, and Kaêss, no doubt a reason most steered cleared from her. She was a brute of a woman, and most didn't enjoy her company or her medicine.

"Sit her up!" Amelia commanded, Ren looked up at her, but Ren didn't move. Kaêss instead moved past Amelia and past Daniel in the cramped space, though be bumped into the boy.

"Pardon, my lord. Allow me." Kaêss was gentle as he rolled up his sleeves, his hands going behind Ren's head and her shoulder as he lifted her to sit up. Amelia nodded her head, moving to block the boy's view of Ren. She moved the large bottle in front of the girl's face, opening it and pushing it into Ren's lips.

"Drink. Drink it all girl." Amelia spat on the ground. Ren fought a bit, squirming as the liquid slide down her open mouth. The smell filled the room, a foul smelling thing that might make normal people barf at the smell, but Ren quickly started to gulp the liquid down. The blue liquid disappeared down her mouth.

"I'm sure she will appreciate you won't betray her. As we all will." Kaêss smiled at Daniel, stroking Ren's hair as he did so. When the liquid was all gone, Amelia pulled the bottle back, before tipping it in her hand so the flower and herbs that remained fell out on her hand. She presented the substance to Ren, pushing it against her lip.

"Eat." Amelia demanded, giving Ren a dangerous look. Ren looked at her, before she chewed the flower, making a disgusted face before swallowing. She continued to eat the herbs and such, stem and all, and swallowed them whole before showing Amelia her blue tongue. "Good. Set her down. I'll make her more medicine. Be sure she drinks a whole bottle when she wakes up, after she eats, after training. No more skipping little girl. Next time, you might not wake up from your shakes." Ren frowned at the woman's harsh words, as Kaêss sat her head down.

"Thank you for your services dear Amelia, I will fetch her medicine after I leave." Kaêss watched Amelia nod, taking the bottle and hobbling out the door before shutting it behind her. The eunuch moved, grabbing a chair, twisting it around to face Ren's bed and sat down it as he smiled at the two of them. "You may leave now my dear boy. I will sit with her and make sure she sleeps, but I thank you to keep this quiet. I don't blame your aunt for pushing her, Ren needs to be pushed. You my dear were careless." Kaêss looked at Ren with a stern eye, she rolled hers.

"I fell asleep." Ren said after a moment of silence, twisting on the bed to show the two of them her back. "I was angry. I climbed. I fell asleep. When I woke up I couldn't move, and I was shaking." Ren frowned, looking at the cracks in the wall as she closed her eyes.

"Go now dear Lord. It's best you sleep some before the sun blooms." Kaêss smiled.​

Daniel moved to sit beside her as she demanded, shifting back a bit to let Kaess lift her up so she could take the foul smelling medicine. If anyone who knew him had seen this, they'd swear they were looking at someone entirely different. Daniel made a point of not letting anyone order him around without a good reason. He took one of her hands in his, idly squeezing it as she drank and let go only once she wanted him to.

"Right. One moment" He said and leaned over her, moving in close to whisper in her ear "I do not blame you, but do be careful. Next time, a least tell me where you are going so I can check up on you, just so you don't have to deal with all of... this again. Sleep well". He pressed his lips to her cheek lightly, then stood and bowed to both of the elders before him before saying "Glad to help. Try not to chastise her too much. I think being wracked by a sickness like that is punishment enough".

With that he left the room and made for his own, only then realizing that he'd left his ring on Ren's finger. Ah, well, what's the worst that could happen?

-_.,Later That Night,._-​

All Carver's dreamt a bit weird by comparison to most people. Honestly, nobody outside the Carver family actually knew about this, as nobody had ever really needed to know.

Each dreamscape for their clan was different, a reflection of their mental state, the world around them filtered into a dream world that connected to those of their families, allowing them to communicate in dreams. Wherever they fell asleep is what they would dream, but... altered in some way.

At he moment, Rentia would be 'awakening' on a floating shard of brick and mortar that she might recognize as the library, except it was smashed apart into floating pieces that barely resembled a room, all overlooking some kind of grey void. It seemed like the entirety of the Monastery had received this treatment.

If she looked, she'd find Daniel sitting on a particularly large floating island, with a robed female at his back with her hands leaning on the sitting male's shoulders. They seemed to be talking about something when the figure turned to look at Ren, eyes glowing in the darkness of her hood.

"Well now, this is interesting" She stated, using her hands to turn Daniel's head "Looks like your partner has somehow entered your dream"
"..Ren?" Daniel asked as he got up, blinking a few times as he approached her "How... does one your rings let you invade dreams or something?"

Ren had fallen asleep a time shortly after Daniel's departure. Kaêss had remained in the room for as long as he could, but when he knew Ren was in a deep enough sleep he left. Though he had noticed the ring on her finger, he didn't think twice about it as he shut the door behind him. The room enveloped in darkness around her, but she didn't mind. Her soul was already drifting.

For a time Ren floated in darkness, she didn't really dream anymore. Well she did, but Ren never remembered anything she saw when she awoke, and for good reason. Most of her dreams were terrible and a fit of coughs normally awoke her. This time however, Ren twisted and turned until opening her eyes.

"Wha tha crap!" Ren spat, brows furrowing as she looked around, surprised and mystified. Ren twisted, pushing herself up on the brick before jumping to her feet. The whole thing was blurry in a sorts, or she was seeing double, either way she knew she wasn't awake. Ren looked around, until she found a weird looking island in the distance with two figures. "Maybe they'll know how to get me outta here." Ren grimaced at the idea of being trapped in this God forsaken place. She began to walk, trying to avoid anything that looked dangerously sharp.

"Ah.." Ren stiffened as the figure with the hood looked at her, but the one that shocked her the most was Daniel looking at her, accusing her. "Wha? No way!" Ren proclaimed, annoyed at the notion he would think such a thing. She looked at him, this version of him as he approached her, and Ren felt uneasy, she stepped back. "Wha the hell did you do? Touch me with something tha brought me here?" Ren was annoyed, but her dream self couldn't construct her sentences carefully like she did when awake. Ren's hair was still up, and her hand glistened with the ring on it. Ren tried to make sense of the place as she lifted up her hand looking at the ring. "Why is this here?" Ren wondered, turning around to look at the strange area. "What kinda magick is this?"​

"No, all of my rings are combat oriented, except the one that I... left with you because I forgot to take it" Daniel told her as he spotted the ring in question on her hand, taking said hand in his before chuckling "I don't know what rings you hold Ren, I just thought that might be something you could do. I'm not accusing you of anything. This is actually kind of a nice surprise. I don't know how you're here though".

He led her over to the table he'd been sitting at, the largest 'island' in the void by far. "This is my sister, Danielle" He explained as the figure swept her hood back, revealing a very similar face to Daniel's own, but considerably more feminine in appearance. Her eyes were exactly the same, and the smile on her face was almost identical to Daniel's. "Nice t'meetcha. Been a while since Danny took an interest in a girl"
"And I immediately want to end the conversation" Daniel sighed "How are you feeling? Is the medicine helping you sleep alright?"

Ren was uneasy, the way this dream was felt like she was being tugged back and forth. She looked at him, startled, as though she had only just seen his face after a terrible accident. "I don't understand. I'm making this up?" Ren blinked when he took her hand, the look in his eyes were the same as when they had been in the training room. Ren pulled her hand away, rubbing it on her clothing as she looked at the ring. "Your ring." Ren mused, she had forgotten she had still had it on when she fell asleep. "I heard strange stories, about when they used to hand down rings in the family." Ren found herself laughing. "But those are just myths about tha type of thing." Ren wondered, though she didn't like the idea of it being real, it was just a dream right?

Ren didn't fight him when he lead her to the table, she looked at the girl and then looked at him. "Twins." Ren shifted uneasy as the woman proclaimed Daniel took a liking in her. "We are just training partners." Ren persisted. Ren looked at him and laughed, before she looked confused at his question. "Wha? I don't know. I'm here, so I assume so. No one is waking me up screaming." Ren shifted looking around. "I never have dreams."​

"Well, I mean, technically, I don't dream either" Daniel started, only to be interrupted by Danielle saying, in a warning tone "Big brother..."
"What? Oh, I guess it might be bad if I explained it to her..." He mumbled.

"Well, without explaining anything that I can't talk about without asking my aunt, you are dreaming and you are technically not. It's, in it's own way, a form of telepathy that shouldn't be available to you" He stated, sitting down in the chair beside her as DAnielle went back to leaning on his shoulders "Buuuttt for some reason is, not that I'm complaining. It might be temporary, but if it isn't, it means I can spend more time with you when we're asleep, which I am one hundred percent okay with".
"Which also means that I'll probably be a third wheel more often than not, so I might have to go and hang out with our cousin for once" Danielle stated with a shrug "It must not be permanent, because she woke up here, rather than her own "Area"

Ren looked at the two of them confused, baffled by the idea of all this. "So..I'm invading a telepathic dream you seem to have linked together with one another." Ren looked down at the table, same table as was in the library, nothing too fancy about it. She examined the chairs, watching Daniel sit down before his sister leaned on him. Ren paused a bit, before sitting down in the chair.

"Wouldn't that be annoying if you thought of something horrific or naughty and your sister saw?" Ren thought of that, not that she was implying anything, she just thought it might be awkward. "I don't think I want to know what Kaêss dreams about, or that Tulik." Ren looked at him, with a questioning gaze. Though, her dream self was different then her constrained waking self. "Own Area?" Ren thought it was rather peculiar she had woken up in a spot near him, though the ring could have explained it."I can try to wake myself up."​

"Well, I mean, it's entirely contained to when we're asleep, and we can't really manifest anything in our dreamscape. That and we can just black it out if we want to sleep without this" Daniel explained, though didn't inform her of what happened whenever he didn't dream of this scape.

"Basically, we share a space in our dream that lets us communicate" Danielle stated, then bopped Daniel on the head hard enough to make him wince "But we can still feel things, even if they're not real. It's useful cause I can smack him around for being stupid and he doesn't have to answer questions as to how he got all beat up"

"As you can see, a running theme in my family is the women being sadists" Daniel stated, shaking his head "...Yeah, I agree with you on that one. I really don't want to know what Kaess or Tulik dreams about. That goes for pretty much the entirety of the other apprentices"

"You don't need to wake yourself up" Danielle said, moving to take a chair on the other side of her "I'm actually rather interested in you, since I've heard so much about you. One of the boys, who is screwing around with one of my fellow Sisters, said that you actually gave Daniel a run for his money in a fair one ring fight. Is that true?"

It was hard to keep up with the two of them, she wasn't sure what to believe. "That would still get annoying." Ren finally stated, watching the two of them.

"It's only connected to your family then? Then how am I here?" Ren wondered though she continued to look at the ring. "I didn't feel anything." Ren made it clear, when he touched her hand she had not really felt it, but the image had made her uneasy. Or perhaps she had felt it and had not truly noticed.

"At least they know how to knock you around." Ren commented grinning and shaking her head. Though her face went blank as Danielle sat across from her to speak to her. Ren remembered the first day they had met, they were evenly matched it seemed, but Ren knew better. She huffed crossing her arms over her chest and slouching.

"Aye, so everyone thought. He held back. I did as well." Ren admitted, though she had already admitted as much to Trisha and him the morning before her episode. "How do you know when to wake up? Or how? Or am I stuck in here?"​

Back
Top Bottom