Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's not just a game anymore (Eternally Chaotic x Averavic)

Cherry had little choice in the matter as she was rolled over onto her side, her stomach swollen with cum and her ass stuffed with cock. She curled up beside Ruby, still quivering slightly, her mind still foggy. She didn't bother replying to Ruby - whose cock still felt considerably hard in her ass. "Goodnight, Mistress Ruby." She mumbled, actually drifting off to sleep with a cock in her ass.

Meanwhile, back at the hideout, two beautiful women were seated at the table, a tall mug of ale in each hand. They had been discussing trivial matters, swapping stories of various kills they were particularly fond of. It was a rather pointless conversation, as the pair never really left each other's side. Indeed most of their stories involved the pair of them beating a monster or player to death, but it didn't matter. It was the details of the story that entertained them as they drank and talked. They were twins, and had rose to the top of this quarter of the Red Hands through a combination of brutality, strength, and a fair amount of dumb luck.

Nora glanced up from her drink as the man entered, her face slightly flushed. He yelled something about the Rose Executioner, which immediately sobered her up. She set her drink down and pushed it towards the center of the table. On the other side of the table, Pyrrha took a long, slow sip of her drink before slamming down the empty mug on the table, startling Nora and the informant.

"The Rose Executioner, you say?" Pyrrha said, turning to Nora with a twinkle in her eye. She leaned in towards her sister and said in hushed tones. "This could be the feather in our cap we have been looking for."

Nora was less certain than her sister. She had heard dozens of reports from the Red Hands about the Rose Executioner, and she didn't quite fancy meeting her in real life. She waved away Pyrrha's comment and turned her attention to the informant. "Tell me about this news of yours." The informant relayed the information in an irritating way, often backtracking to fill in details he had gotten wrong in the first telling - or had simply forgotten altogether. Nora and Pyrrha both made mental notes to hire better spies in the future as he told his story. When he had finished the two of them looked at each other thoughtfully, and broke into conversation, leaving the poor man standing at the end of the table awkwardly, unsure if he should leave or stay.

"So, it seems our enemy may have a couple weak points after all." Pyrrha was saying.

Nora nodded in agreement. "Yes, it sounds like she cares quite a bit for this NPC broad. What was her name? Riley?"

"Reili, and - " The man said, but was promptly shut up by a stern glare from the twins.

Pyrrha waved the man away, and nodded enthusiastically to her sister. A plan formulating in her mind. "Yes, yes. And this noob cleric, Alexia." Her fingers drummed on the table rhythmically as she thought. "They could be the perfect lure to pull the Rose Executioner out into the open."

"Perhaps we should send Jamie - "

Pyrrha cut her off sharply. "No, we should do this one ourselves." She got up from the table and started making her way to the door. "Come on. We may be able to catch the cleric as she leaves or something. This is a good opportunity to get them while Rose is preoccupied."

"N- No! My lady's we cannot touch the Cleric! It is far too dangerous! The Cleric, it looks like the Dog Velera has already claimed her as someone she holds affection for! She was the one who sent her to the Adventurer's guild! You know how she is if we target the Cleric, no matter how much problems she has caused it will provoke the dog worse. Also the Cleric is the only one who has access to where the Rose Executioner is. From my watching she went into the inn that has us on the banned list and booked the room on the third floor. There is no way we can get to her there is no one in the city with thieving high enough to sneak in. P-Perhaps we leave the cleric alone and target the NPC? If we do it right maybe because they respawn without memories of who killed them, then we can capture it and use it to draw out the Rose executioner?" The Man seemed frantic at first then worried after. He was a cowardly type, a stalker, good at hiding himself. He was trained to keep a eye out on market for targets then report them. He was also raised his stealth and hearing in order to stalk targets of more annoyance. His cowardly nature in running at any sight of danger helped him in this case. He was worried about him speaking out of turn against the Boss's. Given the nature of the Red Heart Mercanary, he was worried about being killed. Waiting for there answer meekly he prayed that it wouldn't spell his death for speaking out.

On the other side of town Reili was still going over the paperwork for teams for Alexia when the chime of the Guild closing came. Sighing as her sphere powered down for the night. It was annoying but nothing that could be done. That was just how the system worked. Raising from her chair she walked around the counter leaving like the rest of her coworkers. Approaching Alexia she looked a bit disappointed. "Forgive me Alexia, I wasn't able to find a good team for you today. I didn't realize it was this late. When it's closing time the guild powers down. I still have all my work recorded so I will get to it first thing tomorrow morning. How about that?" Reili said hoping she wasn't too disappointed.

Pyrrha stopped short when the spy interrupted her. She folded her arms and pushed out her hip as she watched him, her fingers drumming on her forearm. Nora rose to join her, and having his two bosses flank him only made the poor man more nervous. "Hmm, you may be right after all." Pyrrha said, reconsidering her earlier opinion. The man may be a sniveling weasel, but he did have some sense. "The last thing we want is to aggravate the Velera."

"Yeah, let's not poke the Dog." Nora said, more than willing to limit the number of enemies they had in this city. "The last thing we want is to have the entire market up in arms against us."

Pyrrha took a step towards her sister and they spoke together quickly, and in hushed tones. The two were often like that, taking council in each other in private. Pyrrha stepped back and Nora turned to the man. "Alright, Pyrrha and I will take care of capturing the NPC. Tonight."

Pyrrha raised her hand to point at the man. "And you." She said in a harsh tone, making the man flinch involuntarily. "Once we have the NPC, we want you to follow the cleric. Keep an eye on her, but don't intervene. Just send us notice of her whereabouts. We want to know if she leaves that hotel with the Rose Executioner."

Alexia was in too cheerful a mood to be disappointed. Things were finally going her way, and she wasn't about to let a little setback let her down. "Oh, that's alright Reili. I'll just stop by tomorrow morning." She pushed her chair back and stood up, reaching up to stretch as she did so. It had been a rather full day, and it would be nice to curl into that king sized bed. "I'll just head back to the hotel for now. Ruby was nice enough to spring for a room for us tonight." She said, smiling pleasantly at Reili.

"Y... Yes my ladies! I will get in position!" The man yelped scrambling off like the rat he was. Scrambling out of the hide out being laughed at and mocked as he left. He was no fighter thus the bottom of the barrel. If it wasn't for his stealth skills he would of faced a far more cruel fate. Though that saving grace kept him alive and that was all he cared about. He was fast and made it back to the guild in a matter of minutes, getting in position in the shadows. Awaiting his prey to shadow for as long as he could.

Reili chuckled at hearing Ruby had gotten the two of them a room. That was indeed very much like Ruby. half of her money often went to helping other people. Ruby herself to a good bit of people though feared had inspired people to take a chance. Ruby wasn't afraid to stand up to man or monster, seeing both human and npcs as people in the world. Some of the current adventurers owed there thanks to her or people like her. Those willing to take that risk to go out into the vast world beyond and fight. Though not all of them thought of it all as a game and took the risks Ruby did. Though perhaps this world needed idiots like her if it had any real hope to going back to how it was. After all if a idiot like her could do it, it might encourage others to become the hero's.

Ruby surly encouraged Alexia in one way or another. "Well I am sure she got quite the room with all the money she earns, between quests and Velera. Why don't I walk you back to your room? After all I wouldn't mind seeing Ruby again while not on the job. Just promise to shield me alright? She might try to 'Glomp me' whatever that might mean." Reili said with a chuckle shaking her head. It was clear her affection for the girl.

Pyrrha and Nora arrived not long after the spy. They had set up their ambush a couple of streets away. The route from the guild to the inn was a simple one, and they doubted that the noob or the NPC would stray far from the path. And the street had many darkened corners, and was ripe with opportunity. It was as if the game developers had planned the city for this sort of stealth gameplay. They probably wanted to encourage more players to rely on stealth rather than brute force, balance things out a bit.

At one point, the path passed by the edge of a heavily wooded park, and it was here they set up their trap. The bushes near the street provided them enough cover to get close, and the woods themselves would act as perfect cover for their escape after they grabbed the NPC. They were currently crouched down in the shadows of a bush, there heads close together as they whispered about their plan of attack.

"Alright, they'll be coming from around the corner there," Nora was saying in a low whisper, pointing towards a solitary lamp post. "We'll strike as soon as they reach here," Her finger moved to the section of path closest to their hiding spot. "Then we'll strike, hard and fast."

Pyrrha hated this sneaking around crap. The anticipation was killing her and it was all she could do to keep from fidgeting. "I know the damn plan." She said irritably. "Just remember to give that noob the note before we disappear. And try to look threatening!"

Nora held up her massive warhammer with one hand. "How is this not threatening? I can crush someone's skull with this bad boy!" Pyrrha just rolled her eyes.

Alexia laughed as she gathered up her staff. "I'll protect you with my life, Reili!" She said, leading the two of them out the door into the cool evening air. The sky was clouded over and dark, and street lamps had turned on. The streets were abandoned, save for the odd person here or there, returning from whatever adventure they faced today - be it monster or some other conquest. She breathed deep, the feel of the fresh air in her lungs rejuvenating in a way after being cooped up in doors for the evening. "But in all honesty, if Ruby wants to glomp you, I don't think I could stop her." She said with a chuckle as they began walking towards the inn.

Reili laughed at Alexia's enthusiasm. "Well don't I feel well protected from a noble adventurer." Reili said jokingly, shaking her head. Fallowing Alexia out she was quite refreshed as well by the cool evening air. Looking about she couldn't help but notice how empty it was. Normally there was more people going home. Perhaps there was some last minute sales in the market today. They often did that to rush and get the last bit of coin they needed for a decent room or a room at all so Reili didn't pay much mind to it. Walking along side her, she chuckled. "Well if she does decide to glomp me, hopefully it's on a bed, or a couch or something soft. I imagine being rammed by her would be quite painful." Reili said sounding very suggestive. The pleased look suggested she might be having a bit of a day dream.

Reili cared for Ruby that was clear, though it seemed the NPC was developing feelings that went well beyond normal affections. For some reason Ruby's view point and habit of treating Reili and other npc's as if they were people was having positive effects on them. Reili was more human then most of the NPCs around, due to her often being mistaken even in the guild as a person. The two of them were nearing the park, Reili looking on with a smile. "Such a wonderful thing to have a park for those who don't want to risk leaving the city. It's good for people to get a bit of nature once in awhile, or in Ruby's case I feel she spends more time in nature then in civilization. I worry that beyond her interaction with people for business she will be all alone. You see Ruby doesn't have any friends. Few people risk getting near her and no one will team with her. Not that there are many her level in the city. I have tried to get her to go to one of bigger city's and find a team but she doesn't want to leave. See Ruby seems to not be able to get along with people well. Likely due to her habit of killing those around her. So that was why I was happy to hear my little Ruby had made a friend. She had saved others but to hear you stuck around with her was good. I hope you two will be able to work with one another some day or at least remain friends. I would like to see Ruby to become a little more social then she is now." Reili spoke and explained a bit of her feelings on Ruby. It was becoming more and more clear despite her hyper attitude she was a fairly lone wolf. Her habit of killing people like npc's of course would drive most away, not only that Ruby spent most of her time away from the city but stuck around here. It was likely due to the fact that Velera and Reili were here. Ruby was fairly attached to those she considered friends and was unwilling to leave them behind and move on, without a reason to.

The cleric gave the elf an odd look when she talked about being rammed by Ruby. She had a slight smile on her face as well, Alexia noticed. Perhaps she had misjudged their relationship after-all. But rammed still seemed like an odd choice of words, especially for an NPC. Alexia wasn't quite sure how to respond to that, so she was glad when Reili changed the topic for her.

"Maybe eventually we'll be able to join parties." She said as they passed under a faintly glowing lamp post. "I certainly hope so. If I work at it I'm sure I can become as good as Ruby is. Then I can really help her out." They passed by the first couple of trees along the edge of the park, and Alexia flipped open her character menu. She hadn't given much thought to her character progression since she was trapped, but now that it was actually an option she was curious what skills and spells should would gain.

That moment of distraction was all Nora and Pyrrha needed to strike. They leaped from the bushes with the speed and efficiency that only a lifetime of partnership can produce. Each seemed to know what the other was about to do, and they moved as one to intercept the unsuspecting pair. Pyrrha rushed at Alexia first, with Nora close on her tail. Pyrrha activated shield bash, catching Alexia in the shoulder and knocking her sprawling to the cobblestones. Alexia yelled out in surprise and pain as she tumbled to the ground, her shoulder aching from the impact. Nora followed Pyrrha's momentum and brought her hammer down hard right beside Alexia's head, shattering the stones with ease. A simple show of dominance - showing this low-level cleric that she could have been killed. "I would stay down, if I were you." Nora said with a cocky smirk, raising her hammer above Alexia, preparing for another strike should she try and fight back or run.

Meanwhile, Pyrrha had turned her attention to the elf. Her spear was leveled at her chest and she circled her slightly, ready to strike or give chase. "And you'll be coming with us." Pyrrha said, pointing the spear at Reili threateningly. "Come quietly, or we'll crush your little friend's head like a grape." She cocked her head in thought and laughed. "Or maybe we'll just shatter her knee caps first."

Reili was happy that Alexia was aiming to be partners at some point with Ruby. It was good to see someone who aimed to help out the little nutball. Which was comforting to hear. After all the enemy's she had made at least she had made one friend. "Well that is good to hear, but your going to have to work extra hard then. After all I doubt Ruby will just sit around waiting for you." Reili laughed, though the peace was quickly shattered. The sudden rush of motion caught Reili off guard. She was frantic when she saw the ground crush. "Alexia!" Reili cried but was relieved to see it wasn't her head smashed. Reili turned her attention to the assailants. "What do you want with me? I am just a Clerk at the guild you know full well that I have no power to help you gain anything with the guild. So what could you want with me?" Reili stood tall and defiant she wasn't going to be bullied by players or NPC. Though her clear concern for her companion but still she was fearful of what they wanted.

Nora glanced over, not believing what she heard. "Are you serious, you dumb Elf? Do you not - "

"Nora, watch out!" Pyrrha shouted in warning, but it was too late. Alexia wasn't about to take this lying down - not again. She cast Holy Bolt, and a ray of light burned into Nora's side.

Nora yelped out as the beam scorched her uniform, leaving behind a singed hole. She patted at the flames to keep them from spreading. "You little bitch!" She spat at her, more angry than hurt. Alexia quickly got up while she had the chance, holding her staff at the ready. "Run for it, Reili!" She yelled, keeping her eyes on Nora who had once more leveled her warhammer on the cleric.

Pyrrha rolled her eyes and dropped into a readied stance. "So much for the element of surprise." She muttered under her breath. "Look, Elf. Just keep this simple. That little cleric doesn't stand a chance. You should know that."

Back
Top Bottom