Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's not just a game anymore (Eternally Chaotic x Averavic)

Averavic

Super-Earth
Alexia was strolling through the many stalls of the market, her long red hair flowing behind her like a cape. Her path was like that of a bee; distracted, visiting random stalls here and there, but overall heading in a constant direction. She had no goal in mind, other than to try and familiarize herself with this strange place. The stalls had a wide variety of goods, none of which she could afford - and some of which she did not even recognize. She was beginning to think she had stumbled into one of the higher level market areas, but she honestly had no idea. Directions weren't exactly her strong suit.

It had just two days since she had entered the game. It was a blast at first! There was nothing in the way of an 'Introduction', so she found herself wandering from day 1 with nothing more than a staff, a robe, a couple of starter health potions, and a small dagger. Her adventures began as many of these games tend to - by smacking small critters in the head. That had been fun for an hour two, but when she tried to log off to grab a drink of water she found that she could not. Quite alarmed, she tried contacting tech support, the mods, anyone, but there were no replies. Finally, she fled to the closest town to try and find out what was going on. No one else in town seemed to know either, but everyone was having the same problem.

And here she was, over 24 hours later. She was hesitant to leave the town for fear of missing some sort of announcement about what was happening. So she wandered the streets aimlessly, browsing good she could not afford, and wondering when some news would be heard. Unfortunately for Alexia, noobs such as herself are easy to spot, and often draw the attention of trolls (both the in-game trolls and the real-life trolls as it turns out). And it just so happens that a pair of trolls (the real-life kind) were watching her aimless wanderings with some interest.

One of these - a tall handsome dark-haired fellow in some low-level chainmail - approached Alexia with a broad smile while she was between stalls. He stepped into her path, a wide smile on his face. "Hello there!" He said, holding out a hand in greeting. "Bennie, at your service." Alexia shook his hand as the man rattled on without a pause. "You know, I couldn't help but notice that you looked a little lost. You new around here?"

"Oh, definitely new, but I can get around alright on my own." Alexia said, getting a bad feeling from the bloke as she tried to push her way past him.

"I thought so, I thought so." The man said, laying a hand on her shoulder and redirecting her as she tried to leave. He led her in the opposite direction, away from the crowd with surprising Str. In games like this you really couldn't judge a person's abilities by their appearance. "Let me help you out. It's always tough getting started in a new game like this."

Alexia didn't like this one bit, and she wasn't about to let this joker catch her by surprise. She jammed her staff down on the guy's foot, and a small red '-2' appeared. The man grabbed his foot instinctively, allowing her a moment to flee. She turned and skirted into the crowd, zigzagging away. But she had not noticed the second man watching, a short stocky dwarf with a massive axe slung behind his back. He stepped from the crowd and clocked her on the head with one massive fist, dazing her. The crowd about them was startled and people started shouting, but the duo was quick and had her away before the crowd could organize any sort of counter measure to stop them. Before she knew what was happening, Alexia was shoved into an alleyway, and the crowd was left several blocks behind.

She stumbled over the cobblestone, steadying herself on the stone wall before she fell. She turned on the two of them now, staff held up defensively before her. "What the hell do you two want?" She demanded, waving the staff from one to the other.

The sounds of the streets resounded with the joy's and woes of it's people. It had been a week since the game had begun to show signs of the inability to log out. Though the outside world wasn't made aware of it until even more recently. Given the nature of the Full dive system it wasn't uncommon for people to stay within the games worlds for days at a time. The full dive system slowed the body's biological needs to a crawl putting them into a hibernation like sleep. This was a safety precaution for those more 'extreme' gamers, and considering many people now days were able to fund themselves entirely through such games it allowed people to make a living. This however caused the alert system for the inability to log out to slow until the moderators and such were trapped inside as well turned into regular players. Disconnected from the outside world the red flag had been raised and now people were panicking. Many had turned to drinking there worries away, others were venting frustrations in many more 'physical' ways. Given the nature of the game killing things was one such way. Though as some had found out the world had become vastly more dangerous in the past few days. Monsters that had predictable attack patterns no longer attacked like they had once had. They now acted more like players, and while the pain sensation was still quite there, it seemed it had been increased to what the admins who were able to spread the word said pain levels were set to ninety nine point nine percent, meaning that everyone felt everything as they would in real life. The protection against death remained and people could respawn after death but many felt the lingering sting and fear of death after it happened. Causing the 'adventurers' to be severely be cut as many feared the pain of death and dismemberment. While the profession and crafters increased dramatically. This did cause a influx in the market for a few days but it seemed at least for the City of First Travels, the economy had stabilized. In truth the economy of the earlier city's were booming, with the new players that came in without the fear of death they were able to quest and trade the materials they found for the crafters. Not only that the higher levels who feared death and the challenge that came with facing it had returned to these earlier area's and farmed materials and became sort of suppliers making a profit. Then there were the others, who many called insane. The clicking sounds of heels upon the cobble street belonged to one such soul. Racing through the crowded streets a small cloaked figure dashed at impressive speed.

Whipping around people leaving many who weren't paying attention with a mere flicker of red. The sounds of panic as people checked there inventory's ensuring nothing had been stolen. Such speeds often only belonged to those going for thief or assassin builds, yet nothing had been stolen thus many who had been passed by thought the latter. A feeling of safety at that knowledge, as long as they didn't enable pvp inside the city they couldn't be killed. Those who did however would not be so lucky. However the figure was no a assassin. Hidden under her cloak her weapon was concealed in a inactive state at her hip. The figure whipped around person after person causing a little havoc as she went. Like a little ninja she shot around someone into the door of a building. The building in question happened to be the adventurers guild.

Sitting at one of the many windows behind a large counter was a young elven woman who was filing her nails awaiting for anyone who still went out into the wilds to return to turn in quests. The cloaked figure made a B-line for the elf, yet fate had cruel... cruel... plans for her. The moment she had gotten into range she leaped at the elf aiming to fling herself through the window and over the counter at her. Yet a very loud 'thud' said otherwise as the poor cloaked figure slammed face first into a barrier. Painfully sliding down onto the floor, the Elf had jumped at the sound as did many others who were in the guild hall. The Elf leaned ove the counter looking down at the poor twitching girl below her. "You know, you think you would learn after the last four times you rammed into it that your not getting through the window Ms. Rose... No matter how much you would like to 'glomp' me. Anyways I assume you finished your entire quest log again?" The Elf said in quite the monotone voice, she didn't hate the girl, she was just... Odd... A fair bit too happy given the current state of things and what was worse, a little too energetic. It didn't take the one the Elf had called Ms. Rose to bounce back. Hopping up and dusting herself off, tossing back the hood revealing a Young woman with vibrant long red hair adorn with rose hair clips, and bright silver eyes.

Beaming from ear to ear she smiled at the Elf. She didn't look like a adventurer, she wore clothes more similar to that of a noble NPC then a adventurer. Though if one were to inspect her they would find her in possession of many powerful items, or rather unique for such a low level. Her clothes were called "Cloth of the Saint" A soulbound item, which in this world were unique items bound to a person, they leveled up with the character making them wonderful leveling items. They were often got from the cash shop or promotions. Some higher grade ones such as the Cloth of the Saint were item drops from high level monsters. They were there to encourage use even at the top tier and as a subtle hint to the higher level players to invite friends to the game and help them level with soulbound equipment. Ms. Rose had such a person though since they had been cut off she hadn't seen them since she was trapped inside, but she wasn't worried, figuring they would meet up sooner or later. "Well Ms. Attendant Reili you said yesterday that either my head would break or the barrier would one of these days. So I though I would test it! So I got a running start from just outside the city's gates and ran all the way here at top speed! Guess I needed to pick up a bit more speed! I will not give up I will get through the barrier mark my words! I have Determination!" Ms. Rose said with boundless confidence in her voice making the Elf Reili sigh and shake her head, face palming hard enough to make a slapping sound as her palm smacked against her fore head. Looking at the grinning girl Reili couldn't help but smile, even if she was trying to tackle her, she had to admire the girls spirit and tenacity, especially when your slamming yourself against a barrier daily.

"I am sure you do Ruby, now let me see your journal and I will get together the quest rewards for this trip and put in the new set of quests for you. I am sure your eager to go explore the town with today's 'spoils of battle.' Just make sure you go to a restaurant of a tavern to eat ok? I don't want to hear about you blowing up another kitchen." Reili said shaking her head at the girl. Ruby simply beamed and opened her inventory holding out her hand materializing it. The inventory system was done purely in a persons mind allowing privacy of what they had on there person. With journal in hand she sat it in Reili's hand. "Alright~! I won't try to cook again~! Besides the Cooking guild has already banned me from using any kitchens in the city. I am going to also going to take a shower and actually get a tavern room tonight! I almost got eaten by a Revazaur last night!" Ruby said with a laugh as Reili dropped the book on the counter, and a few adventures spat out there drink or choked on some food. A Revazaur was a level forty five monster, that shouldn't be anywhere near the City of First Travels. This was big news, while yes Ruby's questing area was about a full days round trip including questing time encountering a Revazaur was not something she should of encountered! The most pressing question on Reili's mind was how in the gods green earth she survived! Revazaurs were known for there speed and tenacity for hunting down prey. Reili thought Ruby had wandered into yet another high level zone instead of her questing area and barely survived.

Reaching over the counter grabbing her by the cloak and shaking her. "YOU IDIOT! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO GET YOURSELF KILLED, HOW IN HELL DID YOU 'ALMOST GET EATEN BY A REVAZAUR' AT THE EDGES OF TEL'BORA JUNGLES! THEY ONLY SPAWN ON THE FAR SIDE OF THAT PLACE!" Reili yelled at Ruby shaking the laughing girl who seemed to not take this seriously in the least bit. Despite the fact the thing could of easily torn her to bits and she would of experienced being eaten alive. "But Reili it was hurt and it seemed to be lost! I was on the right side of the jungles! Besides it tried to attack me before I went to bed so I was ok!" Ruby said with a laugh as Reili stopped shaking her and thought. It was hurt and seemed lost? A sigh of relief escaped her lips and she began to laugh releasing ruby. The Ravazaur she encountered was a rare spawn known as the "Lost Ravazaur" A level twenty five monster. While still higher level then Ruby, the girl wasn't a push over and Reili knew that well enough. "I am so relieved... So what did it drop anyways?" Reili said grabbing the journal and beginning her work putting the journal into a sphere that looked like it was made of water. It seemed to be reading the magical imprint on the journal ensuring all the quests were completed correctly.

Ruby opened her inventory again and materialized a giant egg that was bigger then her head. "It dropped this! I was going to ask you if you could identify it." Ruby said with a childish glee eager to find out the item she got. Many rare items needed to be identified before they could be used, and that was part of the adventurer's guild's job. Setting it down on the counter Reili while the sphere read and recorded the completed quests as well as added the new ones opened a drawer pulling out a monocle. Holding it to her eye she began identifying it. A smirk crossed her face, "Well congratulations Ruby, you found yourself a companion egg. It doesn't say what companion is inside as it's random but once that hatches you will have a pet." Reili told her as she put away the monocle. Ruby put away her egg back into her inventory. Trembling with excitement she couldn't wait for it to hatch, what was it? What would it be like? What kind of powers would it have!?

Only a ding spoiled her moment and kept her from bouncing about in joy at the idea of having a pet. Reili reached over grabbing the journal and handing it back. "All done Ruby, your quest rewards are deposited into your inventory and the new quests have been added to your journal. Now get going enjoy the rest of your day your clogging up my window." Reili said jokingly to Ruby, who only smiled and tossed her hood back over her head. Taking her journal and returning it to her inventory. Taking stock for a moment to see the funds she had and sort her inventory a bit. Then with a wave Ruby left lost in organizing her inventory, running into the corner of the door hissing before taking a step to her right and out the door. Finishing up her organization she grinned at the prospect of even more gold coming her way now to go find Velera who should be at her shop in the upper markets. She would be happy to buy all the crafting materials she had gathered. Ruby headed off at a steady jog, she was quick still bounding along like a deer. Her speed was her pride, considering she had maxed her dexterity for her level and had the rest of the points in str.

Leaving her con, int, wis, fairly low, so she looked to have low hp and mp stats giving the illusion she was a lower level then she was. Ruby was level twenty three, though her hp and mp states suggested she was more around level three. However anyone attacking her would find three issues with that assumption. One hitting her would be a real problem, and even if they hit her, due to her dex her armor rating was pretty high. The third thing was if she hit, she hit hard. Her weapon choice was a Dex weapon, that only got boosts from str stats so that was why she focused on both of those. Ruby was a fighter who relied on speed and power a all out offensive type that ignored defense in favor of overwhelming attacking power. Considering the state of the game right now she was quite rare. As everyone was so afraid of death they built themselves like brick shit houses. With only the casters and archers focusing on there attack stats and healing stats.

Speaking of magic however, due to her stats magic attacks were where she was weak against. While single target magic that didn't hone in on her were easy to avoid aoe spells were not. Heading into the upper markets she decided to take a short cut through a alley, turning the corner she found a wall in the center of the alley. It wasn't uncommon sadly, the city was built like this to help deter low level thieves from stealing. As many didn't have the dex to scale the wall. Ruby however did and could scale this wall with ease even if it was over ten feet tall. Ruby however stopped for a moment hearing voices on the far side. "What the hell do you two want?" Curious as to what was going on Ruby listened in, feeling a bit guilty for ease dropping but the lady's tone seemed quite unhappy.

The dwarf chuckled as he pulled his mighty axe from it's sling propping it up beside him waving it a bit showing how easy he could move it as a bit of a threat of how fast he could swing it given motive. "What do we want? Well lass didn't me laddie here tell ya? We want to 'help' you out. See lass with people being unable to log out the price of living even in these low level places has become quite pricey for those unwilling to risk life and limb out there with the monsters and pretty little healers like ya self are quite valued. Walking around with ya twigs and pretty little robes. See people are paying quite a pretty penny ta get there hands on a lass like yourself. So I guess you could call us a 'mercenary' group and we are offering you a invitation to join our guild out of the 'kindness' of our hearts." The dwarf laughed as 'Bennie' approached grabbing the head of her staff with his hand using his impressive strength, a alert for Alexia showed he was using a ability 'snatch' he was a thief. As it was a forceful snatch his strength would allow him the power to rip her staff from her hands tossing it to the side. Getting in close, uncomfortably so putting his finger tips under her chin. A wicked grin on his face suggesting his plots. "Come now you don't want to fight, we would hate to bruise that pre-" Bennie spoke his tone rougher and not so 'charming' as before. From the far side of the wall Ruby knew things were not going well for lady. Stepping away from the wall she looked back and forth between the walls of the alley. Licking her lips she activated 'Agility' that came with high dex, giving a rather large bar four times as long as her health and mana. Ruby jumped at the wall to her left kicking off with impressive force, using the walls to spring herself up to the top of the wall.

Landing quietly atop of it, she sat down atop the wall in time to see Alexia's staff flung against the wall. Ruby sat quietly unhooking a gun like object, quietly to herself she clicked a switch causing the gun to shift to a sort of club or mace like appearance. Gripping the bottom of handle it slid down with the sound of metal on metal making a shink sound extending to the length of a staff. Bennie froze a the metal slid down the side of his throat alerting him to someone there. Slowly and stiffly he looked up. "Hi-o~! You red heart boys don't learn do ya? How many times do I got's to tell ya, stop bullying the newbies!" Ruby said with a cheery tone gently swinging the staff back and forth tapping his neck. He swallowed hard, and his dwarven friend seemed quite fearful. These two knew Ruby, so did there entire little group. Over the past week she had caused a few of them to experience death. Earning her the nickname the Rose Executioner, given her user name and weapon choice.

"W... We were just messing no har-" Bennie spoke his voice shaky but suddenly the blades extended out of the staff making a crescent moon shape. This was no staff it was a scythe. The blades were translucent and red just as the staff part of it was. The blade pressed against his neck as Ruby held up a finger. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, you know the rules! The City of First Travels, Thieves, bandits, pkers, and the like found within the city's walls are to be treated like hostile mobs and eliminating players who break the rules earns a Hunters reward from the adventurer's guild~! Reili promised if I got rid of ten of people like you for the guild she will make me two batches of Mint chocolate chip cookies! TWO! With special sugar and in a bag that keeps them as if they were fresh out of the oven~! Not like I wouldn't do it anyways~! But well, sorry back to the respawn room with you, let this be a lessen to ya~!" Ruby said in such a cheery voice clearly as she had always before not taken this seriously as she put her full strength stat that was likely double Bennies and jerked up. The crimson blade of the scythe cleaved through his neck. A 'crit' showed up in front of his neck as a red '-112' appeared as his head rolled off his head to the feet of his dwarven companion. From Bennies decapitated body blood spurted splattering Alexia with blood as his body collapsed backwards from the force of Ruby removing his head. His blood gushed and pooled around his body from his cut artery. The cut was clean so much so Bennie was still alive!

"R... Run..." His head spoke it's final words. The Dwarf was stunned shaking in his boots. "You know I will never get used to people doing that. I mean I remember from the history channel that when you cute off someones head they can still be alive for a few seconds but it's still odd to see." Within a few seconds Bennie's body shattered into glowing participles sending him back to the respawn point. Floating in the air was a medallion in the shape of a wolfs head. Ruby hopped down from her perch with a click of her heels snatching the medallion. "Yoink! Well one down one to go~!" Ruby said with a bit of drool running down her cheek as she thought of cookies~! Mint chocolate chip cookies were her drug~! Her kryptonite~! The dwarf watching his friend shatter and vanish knew as soon as she said 'one to go' she meant him. The dwarf turned to run, but he was a con and str character he was slow, meant for bulky combat rather then fleeing. Ruby didn't move as she watched him try to run.

"Ability activate: quick switch~!" Ruby said in a humming tone as her mp bar was reduced by ten points her scythe's blade quickly retracting as did the staff it's self. The weapon returned to the first form a wrist mounted hand cannon. Ruby took aim and fired a single shot. Once again thanks to her high crit and the dwarf having his back to them, Ruby had a hundred percent crit chance on such a low level. The crit flashed and a red '-253' except there was no hole only a grunt and a very loud beeping. "Mmm that shouldn't happen he should have a hole-" Ruby said aloud before she was cut off by a loud long beep then a click. Within seconds the Dwarf imploded coating the entire alleyway with blood showing the two of them. "Oh curse it all! I forgot to unload my explosive shot, man thats twenty silver a shot! Those things aren't cheep! Using it on a low level... Such a waste.... And now im all dirty, Velera's going to make me stand out back her shop again... Don't get blood on my things Ruby! Why are you covered in blood Ruby! You did what Ruby!? Those were real people Ruby! Im going to be in store for another lecture... I should go take a bath first to avoid that..." Ruby grumbled before snatching her medallion out of the air. On lookers stared wide eyed as Ruby pretty much killed the two in cold blood without so much as a flinch. To her they were just monsters, mobs to be killed for rewards.

She didn't really understand the concept of separating npc's from real people even more so now that it was hard to tell the difference anyways. Turning back to Alexia, she clicked her weapon removing her arm from it and holstering the weapon again. If nothing else to show she wasn't hostile to her. Oddly people tended to think she was after she did stuff like that, she never really understood. "You alright Ms? You should be a bit more careful. Those Red Heart mercenary's are a pretty nasty bunch from what I have heard. I mean all the ones I have met have been bullying or tricking people from the first three city's in this region and carting them off someplace and ain't nobody seen them since. Rumor has it with the mods and all the new items being made they found a way to make players slaves. Which spoiler alert would SUCK! So whatcha doing in a alleyway any ways? Seems like just asking for trouble! Also why are you covered in blood? Oh, wait I caused that didn't I! Hahaha, ya I always forget what ammo I have loaded in, it causes some trouble. At least this time I didn't shoot something point blank with the explosive ammo. That stuff really hurts when you blow stuff up in your face. Though luckily for me I have Explosive resistance rank 2, so it hurts less!" Ruby greeted Alexia and began to rattle on. She seemed creepily positive and in quite the good mood despite blowing someone into chunks that had already vanished. The blood stains on the walls were cleaning themselves up but the blood on either of them remained. To clean themselves they would have to bathe and wash there clothes. Ruby grinned looking her over, able to tell even through the blood that she was a low level. Turning to Alexia's staff she moved over to it pushing her foot under it and kicking it up catching it in the hair.

Turning back she tossed it to Alexia. "I guess I should apologize for getting you dirty. I was going to get a Inn room for tonight would you like to come along to use the bath to get cleaned up? I will get your robes cleaned while were at it." Ruby offered with a wide grin. The sound of a bath would likely be appealing given the fact that Alexia was covered in dwarf blood, as it would sound nice to get clear for anyone sane. Ruby's nameplate above her head was green indicating she had done a service and was liked by the City of First Travels, showing that her actions were approved by the system even if they were rather extreme. Ruby waited for Alexia's answer curious if she would have a companion for the night.

The young woman had thought they had just wanted to rob her at first, but whatever the dwarf was rambling on about seemed far more sinister. And now she had found herself trapped between a wall and a couple of thugs, with no real offensive skills to speak of. Bennie approached her threateningly, and grabbed hold of her staff. Snatching it from her hands with ease. He flung her staff away toward the back wall of the alleyway and got so close she could feel his rancid breath on her face as he stroked her chin. She looked towards her staff, hoping it was close enough to make a grab for before she ran for it, when a flurry of motion caught her attention. Her attackers were focused on her, and so did not see the young girl spring gracefully onto the wall. She clearly was not in partnership with the thugs, so Alexia quickly turned her attention back to Bennie, not wanting to give away the girl's location before she had a chance to call for help. But little did she know, calling for help was certainly not what the Rose Executioner had in mind.

She thought her 'savior' a fool at first, when she began threatening Bennie with little more than a metal staff. Then things escalated quickly and she watched the events unfold with growing horror, unable to move, unable to run. She was showered with hot blood that steamed on her skin, not once, but twice! At some point a heafty chunk of Dwarf slapped her in the face with considerable force, leaving behind a sloppy mess of blood. By the end of the gruesome ordeal she stood stock-still, quivering slightly, her once pale-blue robe stained a deep crimson, covered - quite literally - head to toe in the blood of two men. She heard Ruby rambling on about blood, but it was more background noise than anything, almost a faint buzzing sound as she watched the blood pool and spread in the cracks of the cobblestone. The clicking sound of Ruby retracting her weapon brought her back to reality.

"Yes, yes I'm alright." She said, her voice stronger than she anticipated. But Ruby was already ranting some more about who she called the Red Heart mercenaries. Whoever they were, at that moment Alexia couldn't care less. She welcomed the few brief moments she had to gather her thoughts as the strange and dangerous girl continued raving on and on. Alexia attempted to wipe the blood from her face, but the rest of her was covered in so much of it it really just smeared across her skin. The backs of her sleeves were in a little better shape, so she used those to wipe her face more or less clean. Her hand pulled away from her face just in time to see the staff flying her way. She snatched it out of the air deftly with her free hand and used the staff to support herself. Her legs still felt a little shaky.

"No apology needed," she said warily, still uncertain of what to make of this unpredictable and dangerous girl, "If you hadn't shown up when you did, I don't know where I'd be now." It appeared she had made up her mind, as she took a couple steps towards the girl. "You know, I think a warm bath is just what I need right now." When she was a pace away from the girl she held out a hand in greeting. She noticed that it was literally dripping with blood, and wiped it on the back of her robe before holding it out again. "Thanks for the help. You can call me Alexia by the way."

Ruby smiled unphased by her dripping with the blood of a person, she honestly was used to it. Close range fighters had to get used to being soaked in the blood of there enemies. Considering you were often times facing monsters several times larger then yourself thus even a small cut could coat you in blood against some monsters. A sort of sigh of relief when she said no apology needed, normally people were running and screaming by this point. Ruby never quite understood why however. Though this person seemed far less rude, much like Reili was! Reili had experienced Ruby's lack of compassion for people like Bennie and seemed to view her in a positive light. "Who knows~! Like I said pretty nasty bunch, they smell to. Have you seen a band of drunken idiots who haven't bathed in days take over a tavern? All sweaty and smelly, it was disgusting. There also really loud about 'conquests' so annoying." Ruby said puffing out her cheeks a sense of jealousy to that extent was about her. She wanted conquests too! Ruby was quite at ease as Alexia approached, she showed no fear or concern. Considering the fact that Ruby likely could kill her without her weapon was also a reason for this.

"Well a warm bath always does the body good. Were stuck in this world so higine should be a primary concern whenever we can. After all if you go outside the walls baths are not common place. I mean already I have the blood stains of many a monster all over me that I need to wash off." Ruby said with a laugh being quite honest even under the warm fresh blood was crusted over blood on her clothes. Normally it would be impossible to clean such things but in this game world it was a easy task to get there clothes clean. As she offered her hand even after cleaning it Ruby took her had with her scythe hand which was remarkably clean due to the hand guard of the weapon shaking her had rather wildly. "Nice ta meetcha Alexia! I am Ruby Rose! Not my real name but that's what I go by here! I go by it because my hair is red and I have rose hair clips~! Though I guess it's hard to tell when I am covered in blood!" Ruby said with yet another hearty laugh. Releasing her hand she in a rather toy soldier fashion kicked her legs up and walked to the edge of the Alleyway. "Come on then! There's a nice Inn up the street I can get us a room at. It has a restaurant as well so we can have dinner as well. Bonus is those Red heart Mercs are banned from the place so we don't have to worry about them. " Ruby motioned her to follow waiting for her just outside the alleyway. Letting her catch up Ruby intended to stay close to Alexia, the Red hearts tended to travel in bigger packs then two these days. Ruby would take point leading her through the crowds that tended to make space for the two of them not really wanting to get that close the blood soaked duo. Ruby led her the Silver Light Inn, a upper market Inn. A place low levels couldn't afford even if they wanted to.

Though for Ruby's level and the fact she actually quested and hunted she could afford it easy enough. Ruby opened the door to the inn insisting Alexia go first holding the door for her. The man behind the desk looked disgusted until he saw Ruby. "You again... I take it a room for two?" The human male seemed disgusted by Ruby, and annoyed she was back. Ruby used this inn almost exclusively, it was close to Velera's shop so it worked out quite well with her unloading the crafting mats and other junk people could use to earn even more cash. "Yep! The double suite if you will, I got a lot to celebrate tonight! I killed a rare spawn!" Ruby said proudly as the man raised a eyebrow. The Double suite was a room at the inn, that had a living area and two bedrooms. It came with a free dinner for those inside and one guest for each person in the rooms. The man didn't care or want to ask why, rather he just wanted the girl who reaked of death to get away from him, as he stench was bothering the other guests. "Very well, twenty gold for the night." The man said holding his nose and extending a gloved hand.

Ruby held her hand over his and dropped twenty solid gold coins into his hand. Something Alexia wouldn't be able to get at her level unless someone gave it to her. The currency was copper, silver then gold, finally platinum coins. Ruby had amassed a small fortune for her level as so many people feared hunting and ruby would go on day long trips to hunt things thus bringing back a massive amount of meat and supplies that Velera who chose to open a supplier shop sold to the crafters. So Ruby was the gatherer, Velera the middle woman and thus they both made quite the profit as Ruby had no problem grinding massive amounts of mobs. Velera was already the biggest supplier in the City of First Travels thanks to Ruby helping her get started. By now Ruby while not her only source of materials was her greatest source as unlike the others Ruby didn't fear death and thus could farm far more then those over cautious people. Besides she hunted bigger game thus bigger pay days. Velera was already thinking about expanding to the other city's which was good news for Ruby. With the room paid for the man set the keys down on the desk and motioned them up stairs.

"Your room is at the very top of the stairs, it's the only door at the end hall." the man said his eye twitching, but Ruby ignored snatching the keys handing Alexia her key. Before running up the stairs like a child stopping at the landing. "Come on Alexia! A bath awaits!" Ruby exclaimed with much excitement, she couldn't wait to soak in a warm bath and get clean. Without another moment of hesitation she was up the stairs on the third floor of the house down the hall quick as whip. Fumbling with the lock she opened it up and stepped inside finding a beautiful living room. Rushing to the room to her left finding quite the lavish bedroom. She was so very excited she could hardly contain herself. Waiting for Alexia to come up the stairs so she could ask which room she wanted. Tonight was going to be quite a night for sure.

Alexia followed close behind Ruby, not saying too much as they walked. She would offer a brief reply here or there, but more often than not Ruby was already on to another topic. She was a chatty gal, that was sure. Alexia found it curious that the crowd about her seemed to notice her for a change. Nothing like a few pints of blood to draw the eye, she supposed. People didn't care for another newbie wandering around looking for answers. But a pair of blood-soaked killers? Now that was something to talk about!

It wasn't long before they inn, and she stayed quiet throughout the exchange between Ruby and the Innkeeper. It seemed she was a regular here, and Alexia could come up with a few guesses as to how she could afford such a pricey place. But despite being able to pay, the Innkeeper didn't seem pleased. She couldn't quite blame him, if showing up like this was a common occurrence. "Your room is at the very top of the stairs, it's the only door at the end hall." The man said as he set the keys down for them. Ruby paid the man no mind and grabbed her key, passing one to Alexia before hurrying up the steps.

Alexia took a moment to say thanks to the Innkeeper before following Ruby up. "Thanks for the room, Sir." She said, smiling politely at the man behind the counter. "And, uh - sorry about Ms. Rose." She glanced up the steps as she spoke, trying to convince herself that her own words were true. "She means well, I think."

At this the man crinkled his nose at her. He motioned her closer and Alexia leaned over the bar to catch what he was saying. "Look, t'aint no business of mine. But whatever that girl has got you into," he nodded at her blood-soaked robes meaningfully, "It's in your best interest to stay away from her." The man left that ominous warning hang in the air and nodded to himself as if he were the wisest man in town before turning his attention to another customer. With his parting words still echoing in her ears, she followed Ruby up the steps.

She entered the now open room to find the most lavish living area she had seen in the game. It was very elegent and tasteful, but at the same time had that rustic medieval fantasy vibe that so much of the game had. All in all it was quite a cozy place, and far better than the crap holes she had stayed at for the last couple of days. She heard Ruby rifling about in the room on the left and went to join her, and found herself greeted by yet another beautiful room. "Wow," she said before she could help herself, taking a moment to admire the four poster bed. "This place is too much, Ruby!" She felt the bed - so soft! "Are you sure it's okay we stay here? Twenty gold is a lot of money!"

Ruby grinned as Alexia entered the room, seeing her rather overjoyed at the room. Ruby couldn't help but feel proud about making her happy. This was her repaying for splattering her with blood after all. That was very rude, besides maybe Alexia was hunting them and she ruined it for her cookies! "Too much? Nah, the other city's have much nicer rooms, though I have only been to them once and twenty gold isn't that much! I have six Platinum fifty gold, twenty six silver and three copper still anyways." Ruby said in a rather matter of fact tone. Six platinum was a lot, that was a hundred gold per platinum coin, one hundred silver for a gold and so on. Ruby for being in a low level town was loaded. How was quite concerning though that concern was likely soon to be quelled. "I work as a hunter for Velera the shop owner of Red hand suppliers. After people were unable to log out and they learned death hurt a lot more then before they stopped going out and hunting monsters save the really low level and easy ones. Thus those got over populated fast so there meats furs and the drops all dropped in price and there was a real demand for higher level meats and items for all the people who turned to being crafters to use to get ahead of everyone else. The problem was there was so many people who were afraid of dying that Adventurers started dwindling. Leaving the Adventurers guild kinda just a cheep place to eat and do low level quests for the coin for a crappy room if you could find one at a inn. One of the attendants at the Adventurers guild named Reili, shes really nice, she makes some of the best cookies in all the game I tell you! Shes awesome, npc too but I like her alot. She's kinda like you, she is the only one not to run away screaming after seeing me fight. She also was the one who put the bounty out for the Wolf medallions for people who break the laws in the city. She knows more about the red hearts then I do. I was just told that if I brought back ten I got cookies, so I punish them when I see them. Not like I wouldn't anyways! Bullying newbies and low level is against the gamers honor code! If your going to pvp or anything like that pick on someone your own level and do it one on one I say! Fight with honor! Pride and skill! Not this cowardly ganging up on people!. Anyways Reili put me in touch with Velera and she said she wanted to open up a shop but needed supplies. So we made a deal, I hunt the monsters, bring the loot to her that I don't need and she sells it all to the crafters! I am not good at haggling or selling stuff so Velera does it for me, she is really good at it! Since I keep going out and killing all the monsters I come across I get a lot of loot and I vender it all to her and we make a pretty good profit. I am also one of the few people around who goes out into the higher level zones. Oh! Speaking of which!" Ruby rambled on, a thought had to pass through Alexia's mind. Ruby had a impressive lounge complicity, it was hard to tell if she took a single breath through out her entire little ramble.

Clearly ruby was quite the mortar mouth that couldn't shut up once startered. Raising her hand over the air between them and tapping Alexia's name plate pulling down a list and tapping add to friends. A window popped up in front of Alexia. 'Ruby Rose, Level 23, has sent a friends request. Accept Decline' Was what appeared. Ruby's level gave insight on why she dispatched Bennie and the dwarf so easily, and why she could have so much money. She was decently leveled for still being in the first town. If it had to be guessed it was due to this Velera person being here, and her selling all the loot she wasn't able to herself. "I figure I might as well send a request! I mean you can decline if you want, I just thought I should since you are one of the rare people who don't just run away from me! Now! Which room do you want? This one or the one across the living area? I think both of them have a bath so we can both get cleaned up at the same time! Oh! And remember to put your clothes in the washing sphere to get them clean while you have a bath! I can't tell you how many times I forgot to do that and had to wait for them to get clean in a towel or my pjs!! The price you pay for Soulbound equipment you pretty much only one set of clothes." Ruby said seeming quite cheerful and eager to soak in the tub, or more rather a peek into the bathroom seemed to suggest there might be 'bubble bath' in the bathrooms and if her personality already was any indication playing with the bubbles might of been more of her intention.

Alexia smiled genuinely for the first time in days. The initial feeling of fear and unease in the alley was renewed slightly after the Innkeeper's comments, but she found the feeling slip slowly away the more Ruby talked. She was just a girl after all. A dangerous, and somewhat unpredictable one. But still just a girl. She covered her smile with the back of her hand, chuckling slightly to herself, but not wanting to appear too rude. It was all she could do to avoid bursting out in laughter. Perhaps it was the stress, perhaps it was just being in the presence of a person whom didn't seem to care what came out of her mouth, who knows. But she found herself feeling happy for the first time since she tried to logout. When the dialogue option popped up, she slapped the Accept button without a second thought. In front of Ruby a small dialogue box popped up, saying 'Alexia, Level 5, has accepted your friends request.'

"I'm more than happy to be your friend, Ruby!" She said honestly. In front of her a little dialogue popped up. 'You and Ruby Rose are now friends!' It was a nice message to see. "I can take the other room. And I don't know about you, but all I want to do is wash this off! I'm going to hop in that tub." She turned and left Ruby to her room, waving over her shoulder as she did. "Talk to you in a bit, yeah?"

Alexia shut the front door of the living room and locked it before she went into the other room. Is was just as elegant as the first, with a similar gold and white colour scheme. She laid her staff on the dresser and headed into her own private bathroom - what a luxury! The bathroom was all polished stone and shining faux-gold faucets, but it was the tub that drew her eye. A deep clawfoot, nearly big enough for her to fully submerge herself. She turned the hot water on and began filling the tub while she undressed, tossing her dirty clothes in the washing sphere by the sink. She dipped a finger in the water to test the temperature - perfect - and climbed in, sighing contentedly as she dipped into the soothing waters. She dipped her head in, and rose up from the water, feeling her troubles drip off of her. The water quickly turned red, and she tried not to let the sight of it disturb her too much as she began washing herself clean. She had a lot of scrubbing to do!

Ruby beamed brightly to see her accept her friends request. The second real person to do so, Velera being the first. Ruby was quite thrilled, even if the level difference was there at least she had someone who seemed like she would enjoy being around her. Ruby could tell she was being chuckled at but she didn't mind in the least bit! "Yeah~! Second real person on friends list! At this rate I may be five people in a month! That would be awesome~!" Ruby exclaimed with glee. She bounced a little excitedly but Alexia saying she would take the other room and she wanted a bath more then anything. "Aye aye captain! Ruby taking leave for open waters with the S.S. fuck a duck! SUBNAUTICA HERE I COME!" Ruby stated rather loudly saluting Alexia and materializing a little toy single person submarine toy that had 'seamoth' xed out and the S.S. Fuck a duck, on it instead. Without another word when Alexia left Ruby headed into the bathroom. Shutting the door behind her she began to strip off her clothes, always finding unequiping her clothes to be a chore after they were stained with blood. Ruby tossed her Cloth of the Saint into the sphere watching it turn red with awe, as the water cycled through and around it cleaning it.

The bloody water vanishing quickly only to be replaced with more. Standing up she headed to the tub and began running the warm water giving it a second to let it get to a temperature she was comfortable filling it with, then added the bubble bath that the Inn provided. Standing up she let the tub fill looking over herself in the mirror. From head to toe the girl had either crusted blood or fresh. Except for around her thighs. Her dress had taken all the blood. Ruby however was not like most girls, dangling between her legs was a thick length that didn't seem to belong on such a feminine frame, or at least according to some people. Ruby was biologically a futanari, thus it translated to her ingame character. It was concerning that it recorded her physical size. She wasn't entirely comfortable of them mapping her body that much, though considering people got physical in the game world they likely wanted to avoid IRL meetings to be disappointing.

No matter as the bubbles reached the top Ruby jumped in with a splash. Unlike Alexia, Ruby's small size allowed her to completely submerge in the tub. The water turning red but the bubbles acted as a buffer for that color. Ruby reached for the bottle of liquid soap but stopped for a moment realizing there was something missing. Silly her with all the excitement she almost forgot her music box. Materializing it and setting it on the floor beside her. Gently winding the gears, she let the music box play. It's gentle melody wafting through the air filling the entire floor with it's soft sound. Ruby began lathering up and scrubbing away the blood and gore that coated her body and without so much as a thought, she began to sing, a gentle and soft melody. A deep melancholy filled each note as if sadness being poured out into a big empty void. While sad it felt soothing and comforting in a strange way.

Alexia who was only one in range to hear it would feel a sense of rejuvenation adding to the soothing sensation of the bath. A little icon above her appeared Hp+, or more commonly known as Hp regen. Ruby did this often as it didn't take Ap or MP as the game didn't entirely give you the chance to sing, it was a buff. Ruby had invested a few skill points into singing and thus allowing her to act as a sort of bard. It was a good investment even if she hadn't realized it at first. Yet as Ruby sang she didn't seem affected at all and bathed herself as if she was just humming away peacefully. She had always done this, singing in the bath or shower just felt so natural to her. The warm joyful feeling of having found a new friend, a successful hunt and finding a companion egg! Nothing could spoil today! Little did Ruby know that the good fortune of today would run out by the marrow. Yet today she would rejoice and face what fate had in store in time.

The soft melody of Ruby's voice drifted into the second bedroom, mingling with the steamy air to create an almost mystical atmosphere. She glanced up and recognized the Hp+ icon that popped up above her head. The sound of Ruby's singing was - quite literally - invigorating. Between the hot bath, the steam, the song, and the general exhaustion after the day's events, she found herself dozing off. When the song was finished she sighed contentedly, not wanting to ruin this peaceful moment.

A mechanical clicking sound broke her away from her drifting thoughts. She turned to look at the cleaning sphere, which had a little flashing icon overhead indicating it was finished washing and would begin the drying cycle. So many aspects of this game were remarkable, even simple details like that still blew Alexia away from time to time. She continued to clean and rinse herself while she thought of her new companion, and it wasn't long before she heard another click. A little pop-up over the washer indicated her clothes were clean and dry. Feeling fully rested and comfortable for the first time in days, she pulled herself from the tub and dried off.

She entered the living room area back in her freshly cleaned robes, still patting her hair dry with a towel. While she waited for Ruby to finish with her bubble bath, she looked around the living room. A variety of books, scrolls, and potions lined the walls, but upon closer inspection of a few of them she found them to be purely decorative. A couple of the books were even stuck in place, simply a part of the furniture in the game. She turned her attention to the fireplace, which hosted some dimly glowing coals, and set about building them a small cozy fire for the evening. She soon had a warm flickering blaze going and sat herself cross-legged on the carpet, watching the flames lick the bottom of a worn cooking pot, still feeling the calming effects of the bath and the song.

Within the bathroom with ruby the air was calm and the notes of her voice could be seen drifting around. Fading only when they got a bit too far away from her. The magical melody coursed through her rejuvenating her, regenerating the hp she had been missing. Ruby's ap was regenerating, as unlike Alexia Ruby had gotten AP+ and Hp+ because of her high dex she had access to the agility unlike her. Ruby scrubbed herself quite fiercely as much of the blood on her was from the day prior. Crusted and hard upon her skin she could of easily scraped the flakes off. Truthfully Ruby enjoyed the sensation of being covered in the blood of monsters. A strange thing indeed but she found that in this world it actually was pretty healthy for a persons skin or at least Ruby thought as her skin always felt smooth to the touch. Ruby had to admire at her own body for but a moment raising her leg from the water. Pale smooth skin, she hadn't really needed to do much more then bathe regularly to stay in a pristine condition like this.

She was quite curious as to why that was. Though shrugged it off as just a game design. It took Ruby several more minutes then it had for Alexia to clean off the grime and gore off. Standing up she stretched feeling refreshed. Stepping out and drying herself off. Draining the water from the tub watching the red swirl down the drain. Ruby looked to the washing machine and it still was on the washing cycle and the estimated time was another twenty minutes. Puffing out her cheeks, lovely she would be without her armor for awhile. No matter she was going to stick around the area, and just go to Velera and stick to the Inn likely for the rest of the day. Opening up the inventory she materialized a new outfit.

One of her backup outfits as her Cloth of the Saint was the only armor she ever used she had a few more cosmetic outfits for when she couldn't wear the Cloth when it was cleaning and needed to go out. She learned well from earlier experiences of being cold in a towel. Getting dressed she headed out into the living room looking far different then before. Her long hair hanging down behind her still a bit damp from the bath but she looked more and more like a normal person. Feeling the warmth of the room she turned to the fireplace seeing the warm blaze heating the room. Ah, how romantic~! "Awesome~! A fire that will make the room all warm and toasty like! I mean it wasn't really cold in here yet, but knowing how night gets around this part of town it is good to have a fire set. So Alexia what are you planning to do for the rest of the day?" Ruby asked plopping down in a nearby chair. Relaxing in the in the chair watching the flickering and crackling flame. Ruby tended to spend a lot on the comforts of living, she much rather spend her money on a safe comfortable place to rest when in town there silly trinkets and booze to wash away worries she didn't really have. Better to have a peaceful nights sleep then being drunk in a gutter she would say.

Alexia found herself humming Ruby's tune to herself when she heard the splish splash of Ruby finishing up her bath. She glanced back when she heard Ruby emerge from her room. She looked great in her new outfit. The casual look suited her, and she almost looked like one of the NPC townsfolk who wandered around. It was a nice change from the armor at least, which was probably still coated in a couple layers of monster juices. She looked back to the fire, thinking about the night she had spent in the central garden district, nodding in agreement. "Oh yes, the nights here do get chilly." She got up and stretched, feeling her muscles loosen. She had been holding a lot of stress in her back, and it seemed that the bath had eased her aches and pains significantly.

She leaned against the wall casually between the fire and the girl. "I hadn't really thought about where I would go from here." She said, not really wanting to admit that she had no plan for herself at all in this world. She couldn't fathom spending the rest of her life wandering the streets of some video game town. At this rate she would end up begging for scraps or carted off to who knows where by the Mercenaries. Her zen-like trance had given her some time to think on this, and she decided perhaps it was time to make a change. "You said you worked with a shop keeper, right? Velera? Was that her name? Perhaps we should head there before it gets too late and you can sell her whatever loot you picked up. I'm guessing all that mess wasn't just from those two in the alley?" She said the last bit with a small smile at Ruby. The memory of this adorable girl covered in blood and monster guts was a juxtaposition of extremes that was just too much for her not to find amusing.

Ruby hummed her own tune as she watched the fire. Chuckling a little at her response to it getting chilly. Ruby even before could tell Alexia likely slept outside or in the slums area of the city. Most low level characters did now days. What with everyone trying to adjust to the new world. Alexia's suggestion that they should go see Velera was a good one, she had planned to do that at some point anyways. "Yeah, Velera keeps her shop open late anyways though she is likely expecting me." Ruby admitted not really sure if she what to do about Velera though. She felt like she should warn Alexia but how could she do that without Velera getting mad at her? Though that train of thought was shaken from her mind when she was asked about the mess. "Mess? Oh! The blood and stuff ya, no. I made a trip the day before yesterday to Tel'bora Jungles and got back today. So I have a lot of stuff I need to unload. I have a habit of killing every enemy I see because Velera told me to in order to gather up as much supplies as I can. I mean I get paid more for the higher level stuff but because I can kill and loot stuff quickly it is still really profitable to kill everything. Besides xp is xp after all, I mean honestly if if people keep farming the low level stuff eventually they will just level up to the point they can one shot the higher level stuff. Thats what people don't seem to get. Even if your afraid of dying fight the weakest monsters you know you can beat and be safe and eventually you will out level the slightly more dangerous stuff and move up in what you can kill. I mean it's a long grind but hey if you are afraid of fighting that is one way to survive. Though I don't get it! Wheres the fun in that! I rather run at the big guys and have a real fight! I mean were in a game like this! Yeah I mean I guess death could be scary but it's exciting! We are able to face giant monsters and go on adventures! We might not get to experience this again so I say live it up take risks! I mean if you die you respawn anyways and if you don't well you can say you truly lived and if you faced down a boss and died well you can say you died facing something truly epic that no one in the real world could say! I want to keep playing! I won't let the inability to log out stop me! I am going to keep pressing forward and find the end of the game! Even though I hope there isn't one! I want to explore this world and all it's wonders! Ya know!?" Ruby explained one tactic for people to survive with minimum risk. Though she began to rattle on and her excitement took hold of her. It was clear that Ruby sought adventure and the thrills.

If anything she seemed to be the type of innocent wide eyed adventurers from stories. Eager to explore the world, delve into long forgotten halls and explore everything without fear. Though Ruby seemed clearly to understand she could die and death could be permanent at any time but embraced it. To die fighting a boss that could lead to everyone being free or some new adventure. It was all so thrilling to her she couldn't contain her excitement bouncing in her seat with a big grin on her face. Hopping up her excitement for the world renewed, "Alright! Lets go see Velera! I am sure she will pay well for the stuff I have! Who knows maybe I will get even more platinum!" Ruby said with a grin running back the the bathroom and grabbing her weapon. Extending it to staff form a holster appeared on her back. Latching her scythe's staff onto her back she felt more at ease. She didn't go anywhere without her baby.

Heading to the door with a glee she was off! Heading down stairs and out front, she waited for Alexia in front of the inn. Even from here you could see Red hand suppliers from here. Velera was inside likely wondering where Ruby was, as she was usually back by now. Though she was going to try and avoid letting Velera know she killed more player characters. She wasn't too keen on what would happen if she knew.

As Ruby spoke she got increasingly excited by the prospect of adventures to come. Alexia watched as she bubbled away in her seat, and she found herself nodding in agreement more than once. Yes, this is what I need. She thought, starting to figure out what she wanted from all this. If anyone could reach the end of the game, she was sure it was this little firecracker. But she might need some help if she insisted on running straight into trouble every time like a bull. "I think I do know what you mean, Ruby." She said, feeding off of Ruby's excitement. She pushed off the wall and retrieved her staff from the room before following Ruby outside of the room, locking the door on the way out. She went down the steps, her staff resting casually on her shoulder as she walked. She waved to the Innkeeper on her way out the door, but he didn't seem to notice. Alexia realized she might look quite different from the bloody shell-shocked mess that zombie-walked its way into the Inn less than an hour ago. She felt confident, and full of a sort of tense anticipation for the future.

She found Ruby outside the inn and together they headed to the Red hand suppliers. "So Valera is a NPC?" She asked as they walked, curious that a player would have so many NPC friends. She seemed to recall that Ruby had befriended another NPC as well, though her name escaped her at the moment. Alexia didn't want to offend, but she was genuinely curious. She tried to carefully word her questions, so as not to light a fuse unintentionally. "I mean, I've noticed that the NPC's have changed quite a bit since the game started. They seem to have... well they seem to have learned quite a bit, I guess is what I'm trying to say. But she's sill just a program, isn't she?"

Ruby didn't take offense to her question, though she also didn't understand why it mattered either. "No Velera is a Player character. Shes on my friends list. She does however have odd tastes in character models." Ruby answered fairly bluntly strolling along close to Alexia. She didn't know why she would ask. Npc's were the same as people to Ruby, she didn't bother caring if you were npc or person. Both sides were the same to her. "Well your no better. I mean in the game all we are, are programs as well. NPc's feel pain, and can die just as much as we can. I mean there people and have feelings too. So don't you think looking down on them like they are inferior to players as just being silly?" Ruby said plainly, her words had a surprisingly good point. Clearly she has put quite a bit of thought into. She didn't miss a step as she walked along. Looking over to Alexia as she walked with a grin on her face. "Besides as far as im concerned since we can't log out this is the real world and to me NPC's have always been real people. I mean really without them we would be pretty screwed. As a lot of the things in the world are thanks to npcs. Like this city for example." Ruby continued to reason. Ruby's open acceptance to the situation would likely be refreshing.

Ruby was naturally a adaptive person and as such she adapted quickly to the situation at hand. It wasn't long until they reached the Red hand suppliers. Tossing open the door with a chime alerting the shop owner of customers. "HI VELERA! IM BACK!" Ruby yelled walking in. Behind the counter in full armor was a canine woman who gave the two a fanged smile. "Well if it isn't Ruby!" She exclaimed walking out from behind the counter approaching the duo showing no signs of hostility until she was within arms reach of Ruby. Grabbing the poor girls cheeks and pinching hard pulling her cheeks out. "My adorable little moron. I heard you picked another fight with those red heart boys! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU STOP PROVOKING THEM! They are bad news and you are only one person! If your going to pick a fight with them join the Virtues or the Silver Shield legion! At least then you will have some protection! God how reckless can one person be!" Velera growled at Ruby pulling her cheeks hard. Ruby's cheeks were turning red as Velera had nearly lifted her off her feet. "Rewera rim rworry! Rewera rim rworry!" Ruby repeated until Velera released her with a sign. Ruby rubbed her cheeks yeah that went as well as expected.

Looking rather pouty about it. Velera sighed knowing Ruby was going to keep doing it no matter what. That was just how this little idiot was. Walking around the desk and taking a seat. "You know the drill fill up the chest with the loot and then I will check the price of the contents. Try to keep it organized this time." Velera said pointing to a chest against the wall. Ruby headed over and opened it and began her work of dumping her inventory. Velera turned her attention over to Alexia. "So how can I help you today? Looking to buy? Or did you come with my little idi-" Velera asked seeming to be a very mature toned woman. However she was cut off when Ruby called her name. "What!?" Velera barked whiping her head to look at Ruby then her mouth nearly dropped.

Her deposit chest was nearly overflowing. "Can I have another chest? Or like five? That wasn't even the first row of my inventory." Ruby said rather proudly. The max stack of any one item the chest could carry was 100, Ruby had to deposited at least 1000 worth of items. Velera was shocked but she knew she shouldn't be. With a sigh and a shake of her head she snapped her fingers and lined the walls with empty chests. Ruby was going to clean her out this time it looked like. Then again she was going to make quite a pretty penny off all this stuff. Turning her attention back to Alexia. "As I was saying, or are you here with my little cash cow of a idiot?" Velera said with a chuckle as Ruby just happily filled chest after chest.

Ruby seemed to have a point. The NPCs were in the same boat as they were now. It did seem a bit silly to think of them any different than the players. She wondered what other changes the game had underwent in the last week. NPCs were getting smarter and more personable for one. But Alexia couldn't even contemplate what else had changed beyond the walls of the city. She hadn't left since she first came to town looking for answers.

Alexia followed Ruby into the shop, and was delighted to see that she had at least one level-headed person in her life who was looking out for her. Alexia was shocked at how much loot Ruby was carrying around with her, and it showed clearly on her face as Ruby filled chest after chest with crafting supplies. When the initial commotion had died down a bit she turned to Velera to answer her. "I'm just here with Ruby." She said, nodding towards Ruby as she unloaded her inventory. She moved forward a little and spoke in a low voice so Ruby wouldn't over hear. "Don't be so hard on her. Ruby was just helping me out, is all. If it weren't for her I don't know where I'd be right now." She spoke very plainly to Velera. She seemed like an honest and true sort, and those types of people generally expect the same of the people around them.

She took a step back and took a moment to look around. As she did she said aloud, "But this really is an amazing place you have." Partly to change the subject, and partly because it was true. She had never seen a store more fully stocked than the Red hand suppliers. "You must have more stock than the rest of the market combined."

Velera chuckled at Alexia's attempt to shift blame away from Ruby. Shaking her head, she knew what happened. "Trust my dearie I know what happened, the whole market does. Ruby has gained a name for herself over the past few days. She has this incessant need to play the hero and stick her neck out. Even if she doesn't know the person, NPC, player it doesn't matter to her. She just loves to play the hero, though she's messing with a guild that has it's reach far and wide. I just worry what they will do to get back at her. You yourself should take caution they might come after you to get to her. They would of come after me but that would be problematic for them." Velera explained a bit about the situation Ruby had gotten herself into. Speaking in just as hushed tone as Alexia. Her shift of the conversation made her grin. "Glad you like it, though you are a bit wrong, my stock is the markets stock. From this little shop I provide the entire market with it's crafting materials. Thanks to that idiots and her natural affinity for genocidal farming. I was able to start this business and with a bit of clever marketing now all the hunters come here to sell there goods as it is a set price to sell and they don't have to worry about getting duped. Then the crafters from the market come here and buy the materials from me as a bit higher price then I bought them for, got to make a profit you know. Though that mark up and the fact I have so much stock allows them to buy in bulk and thus turn more profit themselves. Basic economics really, control the base materials, control the market." Velera explained, she wasn't lying either. With so many people trying to screw one another having a shop with set prices like this was a saving grace and already she had a reputation for being honest and fair. Velera looked over Alexia easily telling her chosen fighting style was more of a healer orientation.

"So Ms. you interested in becoming a hunter? I am sure a healer like yourself could find a low level party more then eager to have you. Though finding one with the balls to take on anything that isn't five or ten levels below them might be a bit hard. I am sure you could make a pretty penny helping hunters fight for longer with less fear of death. Healers are in high demand now days after all. So you might actually be able to find some groups willing to pay for your spells. Bunch of cowards really though. So far the only one I have met since log out got disabled that has any balls is that red headed step child. Problem is she has a bit too big of balls for my liking. I swear I spend just as much time worrying that she isn't being gnawed on by some monster as I do running my shop." Velera said with a chuckle looking at ruby as she was getting down to the wire of the things in her inventory debating on what she personally wanted to keep or what to give to Velera to sell. She was going to keep her egg, god forbid someone trying to take that thing from her. They would find her extremely hostile if they took her baby away. That was the last thing anyone in this town really wanted as Ruby did have a tendency of being a one track mind person.

Alexia didn't much care for another visit by those thugs. No, no, one near-kidnapping was enough for her tastes. But if what Valera said was true, they would surely cross paths again if Alexia decided to stick with Ruby. This was going to be a tough call, one way or another. "You provide the market's stock? Now that is impressive." This wasn't just a simple storefront, scraping a living together. This was a veritable empire. She didn't think Ruby even fully realized who it was she had hitched her wagon to. "You should watch yourself too Valera. If this guild is as bad as you say, they may think they could take all this and manage it themselves." She said, gesturing to the various goods around them.

She re-positioned her staff, resting it on her other shoulder as she thought of what Valera said. She hadn't considered becoming a hunter before. It sounded rather dangerous. But on the other hand, it might mean a better living for herself. The bath crept into her mind again as she pictured herself able to wash like that every evening. "You know, I think I would enjoy being a hunter. That said, I'm going to have to train up some if I'm going to be any help. I'm only level five, and I'll I've got is starter gear and a handful of spells." She thought for a moment and pulled up her map of town. She zoomed out so she could see the region surrounding the town. Outside of the major cities the regions were divided into level ranges, so players wouldn't get in over their heads. She pointed to one of the lowest level areas, a field of plains just outside the cities walls. "I guess I'd have to get started around here." She closed her menu and turned back to Valera. "Would you know of any hunting parties that would need someone my level?"

"Well I would say a fair chunk of the markets higher end items come from Ruby herself. She is only of the only hunters who will go out and kill things around her level." Velera said waving her hand chuckling about Alexia's concern. She wasn't worried about the Red heart boys, they wouldn't dare touch her. She was too valuable to everyone in the city. They went after her the entire market and likely town would turn on them. After all Velera was pretty much the source of everyone's income. "Don't worry about me dearie, I am too valuable to try and attack forcefully. They will try to bully my clients but they won't go after me directly. Besides they make there profit from me anyways. They have hunters who sell there stock to me to make there money. I donno what hunters work for them but I ban anyone I find out does. I ain't knowingly going to buy stolen goods nore will I sell to them, but because they keep getting more newbies working for them it isn't easy." Velera admitted that she in a round about way funded the Red hearts. It wasn't like it could be avoided considering what they were doing. Velera had to sell and buy to customers she couldn't do a background check on everyone each time. So she had to just do what she could and relay on the word on the street before checking in on anybody. Sad but it was the nature of the business.

"Ya, you might want to train yourself some, healers are only as good as the spells that can cast. Now as for a party that wouldn't be my area to suggest. I would head over the adventurer's guild in the morning. Look for the Elf named Reili and tell her Ruby's your friend. She will set you straight. That elf has a thing for Ruby I tell you. It aint romantic or anything but I swear she cares for her more then any NPC I have seen. She acts like Ruby is her kid sometimes. Though she's a good sorts and will set you straight and look after you so don't worry too much. She won't put your life at risk. I mean she tries to give Ruby safe jobs but she refuses them and goes for the ones with a high chance of death." Velera said suggesting she meet with Reili who was Ruby's NPC friend. Ruby was finally finished with her task filling up eight full chests with stuff. Walking over, "All done!" Ruby said with quite the grin on her face. Velera nodded and materialized a clipboard that had all the items recorded on it already. As she went over it Ruby bounced at the counter. Eagerly awaiting the results of her loots results.

"That's a great idea. I'll pay Reili a visit." She said, happy that she had a plan in place. And someone to go to for advice. It seemed that Velera was a good person, even if she did end up funding the Red hearts in a way. Still, having people she could trust in this game was a good thing. "Thanks for your help Velera!" She decided to tap Velera's name and selected the Add Friend button. The friend request pop-up appeared in front of Velera, and Alexia smiled at her. "So we can keep in touch."

While Velera was gathering up the sum for Ruby, Alexia walked up to the counter and tapped Ruby on the shoulder with her staff to get her attention. "So, I had a good chat with Velera just now." She said, nodding in her direction. "I'm going to see about becoming a hunter myself. Velera recommended I talk to your friend Reili at the Adventurer's guild. I'm going to head over there now." She gave Ruby a quick hug and pulled away. "I just wanted to thank you again for saving me." She said while she was at arms length. She pulled away and waved behind her back at the pair of them. "All the best, you too. I'll see you around!"

Alexia walked a little ways from the shop before opening up her map again. She zoomed back in on the town and found the building for the Adventurer's guild just a few blocks away. She tapped it on the map and a little blue arrow appeared in front of her feet, pointing her in the right direction. She closed the map and started making her way down the street. Hours earlier she was wandering aimlessly through the streets of town. Now she had found some sense of purpose, and she walked like it. None of this buzzing back and forth across the street nonsense. She walked like a person with important business to attend to, and it wasn't long before she reached the Adventurer's Guild.

She pushed open the door, and was someone unimpressed by what she found. For a place called the Adventurer's Guild, it sure wasn't exciting. A few small groups of people mingled around the space, and she overheard some snippets of discussion here and there. She heard bits and pieces of conversation about hunting, and something about the rapidly dropping price of Were-rabbit ears? Must have been a low level monster nearby that has been farmed ad infinitum by all the newcomers. She looked around and saw a few NPCs managing the large counter, and headed towards the only Elven woman behind the counter she could see. This must be Reili. She stopped in front of the counter, leaning her staff comfortably on her shoulder. Alexia cleared her throat to get the Elf's attention. "Excuse me, Miss? I'm looking for someone by the name of Reili."

Ruby turned to Alexia when she was tapped surprised when she was hugged. Blinking she was curious as to why only to smile when she found it to be a thanks. She would of hugged back but Alexia had her arms pinned to her side. Well save for little T-rex arms. She giggled a bit mentally going 'rawr' to herself calling herself the hug t-rex. A amusing idea to say the least, well to her at least. "No problem anytime!" Ruby said as she was let go and Alexia went to leave. Velera tapped the accept without really paying any attention to it. Absent mindedly waving in response as she poured over the list. Reili had been tending to her work, which was easy enough.

Hardly anyone came to her window. Anyone who had seen Ruby ram into the barrier tended to stay away from her window. Reili was surprised to see anyone come to her window let alone a cleric type. Normally they weren't seen without a full party guarding them. "Yes Ms? I am Reili how can I help you?" Reili asked fairly curiously as to why she was being called out by name. This was a bit worrying considering she had personally put the bounty on the Red hearts to Ruby. Bribing the girl to kill them in a sense or rather rewarding her for doing what she was going to anyways. So Reili was a bit on guard, unaware Alexia had been sent by Velera and was friends with her Ruby. Back with Ruby Velera had finally got done going over the list, it was insane. "How many hours did you spend killing things Ruby...?" Velera asked with a worried look on her face.

"About sixty seven hours wor-" Ruby said proudly before she was cut off again by the pinching of her cheeks. Velera grabbed Ruby's cheeks again pinching tightly. "What have I told you about sleeping on these trips!?" Velera hissed at Ruby, Ruby was known for going that length of time straight without resting. Ruby flailed her arms whining in pain. "Rut Rewera I rid rweep! I rid!" Ruby whined as Velera finally released her cheeks. "That hurts you know! I did sleep! It took a full day to get there, then I fought for twelve hours, slept for five hours finished up and made the full days trip back and got back today!" Ruby protested only earning her a growl from Velera making her flinch. Velera sighed she really needed someone to look after this idiot. Pondering that perhaps she should of just suggested that Alexia girl pair up with Ruby. No matter now it was time to pay up for the loot she had gotten. Velera tapped her register and pulled out six coins and that was it.

Dropping them on the table. "There's your payment, plus founders bonus, and mass bonus. Don't spend it all in one place now Ruby!" Velera said as she started going through the chests and moving them into the store house. The coins were Platinum, Ruby really did score one this time. Though considering the amount of stuff it wasn't a shocker. Ruby wasn't afraid of ruining the market after all Velera had said that she was stocking up to expand her business to the near by towns as they also needed something like this. Ruby happily gathered her payment and headed to the door. "Thanks Velera! See you in a few days!" Ruby yelled back as she left the shop heading out onto the streets. Curious of what to buy today. She did treat herself to something each time she got paid. Though normally wasn't something that big. Ruby oddly enough was quite the saver.

She knew later one gear and consumables would be pricey and since Ruby had a tendency of blowing things up, she wasn't really skilled in any sort of crafting. Ruby was a good gatherer for materials though so it worked out but she would still have to tip those who could make the stuff and better prepared then sorry. Ruby wanted the stalls looking over things, curious of the kind of things she could buy that would be useful in anyway to her.

"Oh, great!" Alexia said, laying both hands on the counter as she spoke. "I'm interested in joining a hunting party! I'm only a level five, but I'm a healer, and Velera said healers were in high demand for parties these days." She said, feeling quite excited at the prospect of getting out of this town. She snapped her fingers as another thought occurred to her, something that Velera had mentioned back at the shop. "Oh yeah, my friend Ruby mentioned you, too! She said you were close? She honestly couldn't stop raving about your cookies as well." She said with a laugh. It seemed that spending some time with Ruby seemed to have loosened her tongue a bit. "So can you think of any parties I might be able to join?"

Meanwhile, on the streets of the marketplace, a Cherry was standing on a corner. She wore an elaborate red kimono and a gold and silver headdress. One might mistake her for a priestess were it not for the fact that the kimono was cinched up above the waist so her panties were fully on display for the crowd. She was harassing men and women as they passed by, making it very clear what she was after. She would trace a finger down this one's chest, grab another's ass, bend over and show her ample butt to another, and even flashed one or two as they went by. She was a very attractive woman, and she had several takers who were enticed by her, looking for a bit of evening entertainment. But every one of them so far turned away when she mentioned her price. Still, she was not dejected by this in the least. The chase was almost as fun as the act itself, depending on the prey. Well... Perhaps that was overstating things a bit, she thought as she wondered who she would bed tonight.

Reili was a little surprised about her enthusiasm. This sensation was quite familiar. She could almost see her little Ruby, the rose of Adventurers for sure. A pun fully intended, Reili hadn't seen many even the new players so enthusiastic. "Well yes there are a great many party's looking for healers Ms. Given the state of the game people are worried about death and as such look for healers. As people often start out as close combat or other types of fighters and are unwilling to go out or have the money to respect there stats and get the gear. Healers are in low supply." Reili explained as it was her duty to give such information and explain things. It was nice to do so, though one would of thought she would be sick of it after having to do it for the simplest things to Ruby, who seemed more interested in just the fact she was talking to her then what she was saying. Reili raised a eyebrow when Alexia mentioned Velera, a good friend to the guild she helped stabilize the market and increase the people going out to hunt and accepting quests. Velera really seemed like the type with ambition and the drive to make a name for herself. Reili was glad she put Ruby and her together, while it caused Ruby to put herself in harms way it caused her to make a friend. Though as she snapped her fingers Reili's thoughts shifted upon hearing 'my friend Ruby' she brighten up.

She didn't need to hear anymore about it, just hearing her call Ruby of all people her friend was enough for her. "Aww! It's so good to see my little Ruby made a friend all on her own! I honestly worry for that child. She always takes so dangerous quests all by herself. I know she isn't unskilled and seems to have a natural ability for these things, but I always worry. Ruby has a tendency to take off more then she can chew but clever as she is well... Dense... She always survives barely. Speaking of Dense I wish she would stop ramming the barrier, I swear either shes going to break the barrier with that hard head of hers or her skull is going to break. I am honestly hope it's the former rather then the later." Reili said with a laugh, her tone was quite maternal almost like a mother talking about her child. Though when you looked at Ruby it didn't seem entirely out of place. Though Reili wouldn't dwell on that she had a job to do! "Don't you worry I will find you a team that you can make a profit with! I got to help out my little Ruby's friends. There are quite a few groups looking for healers and I need to do background checks on all of them, so why don't you take a seat and get something to eat. Don't worry I will put it on Ruby's tab." Reili said leaning in whispering the last part with a chuckle to Alexia. She got to work using her sphere to go over the profiles of every hunter who had a active journal going over there requests for a healer.

Ruby was walking from stall to stall pinging like a child in a candy store going 'oooo' 'ahhhh' at everything. Taking a breath she remembered what Reili told her, when she got distracted in the market use the emote she taught her. Casting the emote as she walked she pulled a plat coin from her pocket and began flicking it up into the air and catching it. Almost like you would see in those movies like grease. Ruby was able to concentrate a bit better because when she got distracted it was by the coin that kept her from making any dumb buys for stuff she didn't need. Ruby walked past Cherry as she was teasing a young man who had too little money for her. The glint of the plat coin would catch her eye, and the scent of rose bubble bath would leave a refreshing smell from her passing. Ruby had gone to a stall looking at some baked goods. She couldn't bake so treats like this were nice, and there was a few nice ones too, but they weren't Reili's cookies... So warm... Fresh... mint chocolatey... Ruby was in a bit of a cookie related day dream. She had paid no attention to what was happening near by, she was a little too entranced by food. Ruby was a bit of a glutton.

Alexia was overjoyed by the response. It seemed that Velera's suggestion had been a good one! This was exactly what she had been hoping for when she entered the Adventurer's guild. "Oh that is perfect! Thanks so much." She said, turning to find herself a seat. She remembered herself at the last moment and turned back to the Elf, who was flipping through various adventurer's journals. "By the way, my name is Alexia. It was nice to meet you." With that she headed off to a corner table away from the other adventurers and took a seat.

The table was bare, save for a small blue glowing button in the centre. She pressed it and a menu popped up listing a variety of foods and beverages available for purchase. Reili may have said she would put it on Ruby's tab, but she didn't feel quite right doing that to the little girl. She had done so much for her already, she didn't need to feed her as well. So Alexia pulled out a silver coin - one of her few - from her inventory and slid it into a slot vending machine style before selecting an ale and a small sandwich. She closed the menu and waited, watching the Elf behind the counter busy herself with profiles and adventurer's logs, and before too long a serving girl stopped by and handed her her order. She thanked the girl and bit into her sandwich hungrily, realizing she had not eaten anything since midday.

A drunk was arguing prices with Cherry when the silver sheen of a coin caught her eye. Was that a Platinum Piece? She thought, the other potential patrons forgotten as the lovely scent of rose found its way to her nostrils, somehow dodging the rank breath of her smelly friend here. A cute-looking little girl with a boatload of cash was exactly what she was in the mood for tonight. She grabbed the collar of the drunk and pulled him down to her level, and leaned up on her toes to whisper in his ear. "Maybe another time, chump." After giving his eager cock a little squeeze she pushed him away, laughing as he stumbled over his own two feet and fell on his ass.

She walked up to Rose, her hips swaying back and forth seductively, showing off her curves. It was all in the walk. Someone used the catcall whistle emote, but she ignored it, staying true to her goal. She reached around Ruby, laying a hand on her cute ass and giving it a little squeeze to get her attention. "Hey there, cutie." She said, arching her back slightly to stick out her ample chest. "You can call me Cherry. You interested in a good time tonight?" She licked her lips at this, tracing her tongue over the top, then the bottom, slowly.

Ruby was off in lala land and didn't even think the whistle would be directed at her. After all people tended to ignore her. She was cute but the fact that she was dwarfed by the crowd around her she was able to easily hide her presence. Not that she even tried to just most people weren't looking out for her. Perks of being short, she was able be stealthy in situations like this. So she ignored it thinking it was for someone else. That was until her remarkably shapely for her size rear was grabbed making her jump and snatch her coin out of the air as her emote was interrupted. Ruby turned to Cherry blinking a blank look on her face. Cherry would be treated to quite the cute scene, you could visibly see the gears turning in Ruby's head. As she tried to process the statement.

Though the thought seemed to click a few moments later. 'Oh, this person is a prostitute. She looks healthy and doing ok for herself. She must really enjoy her job then. Well I got the coin so why not if she is decently priced~! It could be a lot of fun! Besides I haven't really done that with anyone since starting this game! Though I guess I could of asked Velera or Reili... But Velera might pinch my cheeks and yell at me and that would take away time from Reili making cookies...' Ruby thought to herself before mentally shrugged. She didn't mind it hell she had done this kinda stuff before with people. But now desperate times came with desperate measures and why not enjoy yourself! After all those mighty heroes in stories always got the girls after big scores and mighty conquests. A conquest in bet for a conquest out in the wilds after all! "Sure! Why not Ms. Cherry! What is the Price of such a time?" Ruby's tone was a bit innocent but what she said was far from it. She knew what this was about though and let it show. Even though Ruby had shown the plat coin Cherry would know from her handler how much she was worth. Though she would be instructed to try to rob them blind after the deed was done though.

Not to mention if she went over the 'price' her handler had set for her then she would get no more of the potion. They didn't want there girls getting too cocky that they were worth more then a few coins. Had to keep them in line after all.

Ruby's train of thought may as well have been a physical locomotive circling her thick skull as Cherry watched the girl put two and two together and end up with, predictably, four. But, judging wasn't part of the job, nor did it pay well in the end. So while Ruby thought it over, Cherry simply struck a sexy pose, with one hand on her hip. She was about to speak up when Ruby beat her to it, and was surprised by the reaction. Considering it took her so long to realize what was happening, Cherry assumed the little sprite wouldn't be interested. "Three gold coins, my deary." She said confidently, knowing Ruby could easily afford it. She smiled at her, and added in a breathy voice. "Worth every copper, I assure you. You've never had someone like me before." She said, gesturing to her hourglass shape. "There's an Inn nearby we can use, if you don't have a place in mind." She was certain Ruby did in fact have a lovely place to stay, but nevertheless it was a question she asked all her clientele. A lot of people wanted to keep this part of themselves private from the rest of their lives, though Cherry never fully understood why that was.

Back
Top Bottom