Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OOC Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone involved with Eternal Peaks Rp, this is our OOC chat. If you wish to be involved and join, please visit our request thread first, by clicking Here

RE: Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution OOC Chat

Viktoff, your character is fine, he will fit in well. As for his powers, I summed them up to rskde and being almost a gravational pull, as if YC can create his own gravity with objects. Was I right? Is that what you were essentially getting at?

Yes yes!
His limitations are that this pull exist only on the points he placed, he has to make contact with said points, and they cannot exist on gases or liquids. The number of instances of this ability he can have active at one time has yet to have been explored(both by myself and IC... I think.) I don't know what kind of range he should be capped too, and what conditions he must be slaving under to keep each instance of this ability active. Like, does he have only one instance of this ability? Would an enemy he pinned to a wall a moment ago suddenly come free if he tags his next victim? Should he have an upper cap? If not, does he lose control if he leaves a certain distance? What about a timer? In earnest, I need to explore it more.

Well the other thing with it is we do have doctors who will do just that: test and experiment on YCs limits and what he can/can't do. So essentially he will fit in well because you can explore these limitations IC. If you get my drift.

Oh I totally get it ;3

My concerns still remain over what might be ridiculously OP or UP... I got it. I'll give it all the restrictions under the sun and let him groooooow~That'll throw them doctors off! Potentially a way to kick up trouble too!!

Indeed it will, good idea. And if he's still young it would make sense for his powers to start small and grow.

Hey guys. Looking forward to getting this started!

Sorry everyone for the delay...I ran into a snag and just got homelike half hour ago, working on everything now. Should be up and running soon.

I did it, I finally got it up and running!!!

HERE HERE HERE

I'm excited, can't you tell.

Oh...I'm changing a couple of my characters around, I had a good idea for another girl and relooking at my avatars I'm not as pleased with them as I thought I would be. So no one get surprised that my wolf and siren had a little bit of a...makeover :p

And if anyone has questions around my now fourth character, ill happily answer them.

Great opening post! Maybe we should start with like an orientation for new patients perhaps? Or do you guys have a different route in mind for how to unfold? I think I'm going to keep one of my characters on hold for now until we get a couple more characters in the RP.

From who joined in, once everyone puts a hand in the rp we will have lots of characters :) so hopefully that will happen quickly.

As for orientation, we can do that for one character or two that are just arriving, my wolf for example. My other two patients have been in there for awhile so that wouldn't work. Maybe Viktoff's or rskde's characters are new? Or anyone else's????

Heh...
Zach is an EP veteran. Can't help you on that front x.x
Peeeeeerhaps he can be invited to attend orientation as a patient who once was in Block C but had a shift in his cooperation and was moved back to block B (possibly temporary)?

-----
Edit: It's like everyone who is joining this roleplay is like a bajillion times my senior to BMR. Lol. Y_Y I'm such a noob. Just... Damn.

So anyone got any ideas for my first post? Anyone wanna work on some connections with MC early?

I'm sure you'll do fine Viktoff. No need to worry. We can throw you RPing tips as we proceed with this RP if ya like.

I also have another suggestion for BurningWillows. You think with the degree of characters and locations, should we not implement some sort of header at the starter of each post for each character. Just something to show where they at in the Institution, who they are addressing or open to being interacted with, etc. Something like:

Name: (Name of your character)
Location: (Where your character is currently, on which floor and where on that floor)
Target: (Who you are interacting with and such)

What do you guys think?

There's a possibility with the orientation for Zach, Viktoff. We are still missing a few peoples input so we shall see, but an orientation would be really smart. And don't worry about being new, you seem fully capable of writing well, and just because your new to this site doesn't make you a novice writer. (I checked your request thread out :) ) but BennyQ is right, we can always share pointers along the way.

As for your advice BennyQ, it's not a bad idea with the influx of characters. Hell, if we get one more person on board I might have to apply for a child's forum just to handle everything. Now I normally use photos for each of my characters to differentiate who I'm writing as at that point easily so I won't do names myself...and anyone else adding photos won't need to buy a location and person would be smart. Example:

Name/Picture

Location // speaking to whom

...insert post here...

Would that work BennyQ? What do other people think?

Thank you kindly, Benny and Alex! While it is true, my writing and roleplaying have always been hobbies of mine, I do love perspectives from more experienced and even peers of equal or less experience. I'm pretty sure you're both in that first catagory ;3. Ten years is a long time for an interest, so I do understand why others might not be so open to criticism in my shoes. But, I would love to hear what all of you think as we progress IC. Any tip or suggestion would be fine to share with me, I would be delighted. (As for my request thread... What did you think?! X3 Seems positive, just curious.)

As for the header, while EP is a regular open RP, the concept is beautiful. Both renditions sound like they'd work out, Alex and Benny. But, I don't know if using pics(In Alex's example) is a productive inclusion since we're sharing a thread and at least two players would be re-using that header every post till the end of a scene. While it would be a neat idea to have small thumbnail pictures for each character, that would be pretty time consuming and probably the only way I could see pics being useful in said header. Just my thoughts.

Alllllso, are we not like one person away from that point where Alex said she'd see about requesting an upgrade too... Is it called subforum? Mini forum? Idunno. In that case, a header at the start of each thread would make sense and even regular stock-pics in spoilers for such would work out since there would be a lot more free space to work with!

Edit 4: I swear I didn't see Alex's mention of child forums up there when I read it this morning. /blamingthealcohol

I'll have to concur with Viktoff about the headers. Some players don't have character pictures so a name should suffice for them, but I do agree as well that smaller thumbnail pictures should be employed, rather than the larger ones we have in the character thread (not that I don't mind admiring the fine details of some of the ladies so far). But the only real issue I have, and its minor, is that I still believe Location and Speaking to Whom should be separated. We shouldn't have too much in the Header so as to not clutter up the posts and such, but I think three lines (Name/Character, Location, and Speaking to) should be enough. It's no big deal really. Just my two cents.

No need to worry, Viktoff. Overall, I think you'll do fine. It's always good to be open to criticism if you want to improve and I myself wouldn't mind negative criticism, for you can't progress as a writer without acknowledging mistakes and short comings in your writing. And even I, whom you deem a veteran, is not immune to this. Remember though, above all, we're here to have fun and enjoy! Not be like grammarian professors eyeballing every little sentence or line.

I will maybe throw up a post tonight. I think at this point we need another female doctor or two for the influx of male patients.

I like the idea of a header. The reason I brought pictures up is for me, I use pictures some of the time, as a guidance to what my character may look in a scene, etc. Im not expecting someone writing back to use said picture...i'd just expect them to throw my name in there.

I'm going to throw in a post now, using Elizabeth talking to Hans and I'll try out the header to show you what I'm kind of thinking of. The location and who my character is talking to is wise...although I don't think I'll need the location every time if say my character remains in one room for many posts speaking to someone.

And yes, its a child forum. Pretty much its our own mini forum, where our OOC, Character Creation, and threads go. Thats right. threadssssss. If you have over 8 players I can request it and then we can have multiple threads, which in a RP that can easily grow big, it will help. Then we can have threads for different floors or something...making it easier to organize where our characters are. But that's at 8 players, and we will already need a bit of writing in the RP to really sell it the DarkAngel I think. If anyone knows anyone whose interested...this RP is still open to newcomers.

Headers in general: Yes. 100% from me. Put Viktoff on that list of "For headers".
Information provided in an initial header that isn't in each subsequent header?: Let's explore that, shall we? It's possible to make a title for each scene and include said title in a decent sized opening header when a new scene begins with full info. And we could make subsequent/each next post in said scene be the title of said scene as a link to that opening post that started the scene with the more informed header? It's an idea anyway~ I do like that direction that Alex was going in.

As for my soon to be post in the IC, as I should get Zach in the mix soon, I would like to settle things on that orientation(preferably first, if possible). I would also feel so much better if I could work out an one on one scene, preferably with a patient, but it might be more exciting with an EP-staff member. Either way, I can completely understand that I shouldn't be delaying like I am. We gotta put forward that busy bee display for Darkangel ;3 And I will happily do my part~

If we start with an orientation scene, I can probably throw up a post of both my doctor characters being present for it as well.

That's an excellent idea with the linked headers...but I don't even know how to do that.

I'm currently writing in a post with all my characters, I shall try the header idea and give hopefully a clue into what I'm thinking of doing. And yes, orientation is wise...again though I'm waiting to know whose new and not. My wolf is new...thats so far it. I think we can but YC in orientation, as a punishment for perhaps one too many trips down to Cell Block C? He's reached a certain limit and is required to retake orientation. ???

See in the upper right corner? Post #ExampleNo?
Click that and save link address.

Let's say Benny's original header example post up there is actually a filled out header in full detail and it included a title, example?'Rabbit Hole'
I would write up a mini header like so:

Rabbit Hole
Block C - Zach's Cell

And format it by selecting the title and then clicking that insert link button in the full editor. Paste in my saved post address, and make the header title a link to both the opener for the event and the extended more detailed header. Might even center align. Full example:

Rabbit Hole
Block C - Zach's cell​

In this spoiler is what the code should look like, and it is entirely copy paste-able for forum users who don't wanna read the entire extended forum manual(lol) to enter this RP and make use of the header idea anyway. The opening poster(like me) could present the copy-paste mini header in a spoiler at the bottom of the opening post. (The grey on white in the code box is so hard to look at on my phone xD)
Code:
[CENTER][url=http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=74428&pid=1854716#pid1854716]Rabbit Hole[/url]
Block C - Zach's cell[/CENTER]

Why in the fuck have I never noticed that before? -.-

Welp...that's brilliant, easy to work with, and saves a hell of a lot of time searching through the threads. Your idea wins....and I did post but let me alter my headers a tad...you can now see what I meant by "avatars" though. And no I don't use the pictures every time, its mostly just when I feel like it to remind everyone what they look like, or when it might be beneficial. But I'll scale them back even more so it doesn't get too messy.

Awkward flirty powers activate!
I wouldn't mind it being messier ;3
/hitbytrain.

I like the idea that you make use of your character pictures. Frankly, it can add to the mood, I am sure. With spoilers, it might be possible to just keep them as they are(especially if you had a model faceclaim with numerous outfits that you were going to switch pics around with based on the scene...)

You hit that right on the nose...that is exactly why I use avatars. They are all models, and I have a dozen or more pictures for them of different poses, scenes etc. Adds to the ambiance of the scene. And I know rskde does it a little, as well as Bloodmoon like to too. I did make my picture's smaller though, we really don't need giant photos.

And I fix my post up to follow the header idea. It looks great. I'm going to take your notes and add that to the top of each page (OOC, Character Creation, and Request Thread) along with a few of the rules we've been laying out so that no one gets left behind and misses out.

I'll also put skeletons of the spoilers and headers up there too, so people can copy and paste to make life a little easy. I hope that works for everyone.

Oh and yes, Viktoff I checked out your request thread a bit ago around the time you asked to join. It's pretty straightforward and easy to read.

Just for feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom