Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution ~| Asylum/Supernatural Theme |~

Looking for a group RP? Like asylum themes, supernatural themes, or doctor/patient themes? Then look no further...

blood%2Bpattern%2Bdrips.gif

Nestled comfortably deep within the Rock Mountains between Montana and Idaho there is a Psychiatric Institution like no other. The doctors and therapists there are some of the best in the world, hand picked to create the perfect team of professionals. The patients there are some of the most unique cases any institution has faced, and the waiting list to get in is so long it’s recommended to look elsewhere, as one could wait a lifetime to get in. It is easily the top psychiatric institution in the United States, and perhaps the world.

At least…that’s what they want the world to think.

The truth is far more gruesome.

It truly is an institution like no other. The doctors there are not only hand picked…they are drafted by a board of directors who chose to remain anonymous. And these aren’t the nice type of doctors, who give children lollipops or wish the best for your health. These are the type of twisted, deranged doctors who don’t mind a few blood splatters on their pristine lab coats to get the results they want.

And the patients…

They never signed to a waiting list. They never even applied. No, they were taken from their homes or on the streets, plucked from their lives like a feather and thrown in glass cells to be ogled and experimented on like lab rats. Because the patients are not human, some not even mortal. When the discovery of supernaturals was found by a few select humans they decided not to alert media, or tell the government. Instead they opened this institution, designed to experiment and test supernaturals, uncovering their secrets in the hopes to replicate. And what other reason would there be to replicate these powers except for riches. Riches and fame.

So far no head way has been made. The patients continue to battle and fight to hold on to their dignities and gifts, wishing for the day they can escape the hell they have been placed in.

Welcome…to Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution.

~~~

So what do you need to know?

-Well obviously it is a group RP :)

-We are already off to a roaring start, we have plenty of people playing and even our own child forum.

-We will always be open to newcomers wanting to join in, even if we are already well into writing…it won’t be hard to “transfer in new patients” or “hire new staff”.

-The plot is designed to be fairly loose and open to many smaller sub-plots*

-*This is so that characters can interact with each other at different stages, carry on
multiple small sub-plots all at the same time with different characters, etc.​

-People can play as the human doctors, nurses, therapists and/or security guards all running the institution AND/OR play as the supernatural patients subjected to such tortures and experiments.

-Multiple characters allowed and encouraged :D

-This is a fairly large and lengthy roleplay

Quick Character Making Rules

- Staff must be human, and they are there to experiment on the supernaturals, although you may come up with their own reasons for why they took the job.**

-**If you wish to play a staff member that sympathizes with the supernatural they would
need just reasons as to why they changed their minds after receiving the job.​

-The other concrete rule is that all patients are supernatural, none can be human. The supernaturals can be any species, the sky is the limit. Please no god-modding though.

If you think this is up your alley and are willing to stick with it, please message me below, or PM me. I indeed want this group RP to last. I’ve had this idea for months now, and would love to see it grow to fruition.​

Thanks for reading through till the end, hopefully some of you are interested in this idea :D

If you are looking for our forum, it is here.

And if you are looking for our Rules and Formatting, it's here.

RE: ~| Asylum Styled Group RP |~ Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution

Your welcome!

That's why I offered the therapist job to one of your characters, while the other could be a medical or scientific doctor who performs physical experiments. But it is up to you.

Speaking of which, to those who do wish to play staff, so far we have our Head Doctor pinned down, but there are still many spaces open. Again, like I said many of the staff will be NPC but it's good to have a few doctors. We have open vacancies in the Head of Department slots (department of psychoanalysis, department of medicine, department of science, and department X). Below are a list of descriptions for each department, I'm thinking they can one have one Head/leader and then up to six doctors on staff. I don't want one department pooling with doctors and the others forgotten :)

Department of psychoanalysis is in simpler terms the therapy portion of the I disruption, where the doctors make wreak havoc mentally.

Department of medicine is the department running tests to advance medicine and find cures, of course at the expense of the patients.

Department of science is the department to further science at the expense of the patients

And Department X is a team of specialized doctors given tenure to run their own experiments and whatnot on patients, pretty much giving them free reign. I think I'll have them be run by the Head Doctor himself, if that's okay rskde???

Sorry for not adding all this sooner, I didn't realize how fast this would take off and then I realized I was missing a key point with staff. Haha. Oops.

My characters are up. Hope that they are sufficient!

I'd also like to apply for the Head of Psychoanalysis position for my female character, if it's still free.

It's free, and it's yours. Not a problem, and you can have an office/lab whatever you want for her to mess with the patients heads. It'll be quite fun to see what your female character has in store.

I did notice she was a vampire and a doctor...which I'd normally say no go for just cuz the people running it don't like supernaturals at all ( board of directors) and would turn her over into a cell in a heartbeat. But there's an interesting story in that, with the board of directors not knowing she's a vampire (since it's the only way she's been employed for so long). Maybe she has an agreement with Hans, the Head Doctor some form of blackmail or curse or mutual agreement? Send me any ideas on it, I quite like your characters and don't want them to change at all.

Awesome! I'll take the position. Guess I need to brush up on my psych 101 textbooks.

I really only added the vampirism aspect to give some flavor to the character. It rally isn't necessary for my point of view and I don't have any issue editing it out. Of course if others are agreeable with it, we can keep it. Blackmail, curse or mutual agreement works with me. I really like the idea of one turning on their own sort of thing. But in the next few days I'll edit it out if others don't like it.

I don't mind it as long as rskde and you can come up with some reason as to why Hans hasn't outed Rupi yet for being a vampire. But if that gets too complicated, it may be easier to make her human, although she still has the position as Head of Psychoanalysis.

Heads up to everyone, I'm going to work on the actual Rp today and hopefully have it posted sometime tonight. I was trying to wait for everyone's character sheets but I'm really excited to start.

There will also be an OOC thread started today, once I can get to my computer at home (I am currently on mobile).

Sorry for the lull in things everyone, works taken up a bit of my time these last few days.

I am amped... Especially for that Ooc, if people don't mind lot's of questions from a particular novice(me) in your mists.

I would rather wait to post this question, you did post your intention of starting that OOC today. However, numerous factors have made me antsy. Excited and anxious all in one. How is my app? Does MC seem interesting? I know it's bare bones, but is it okay that I didn't try writing up a whole new (and possibly confusing) explanation of his power there? Or would you encourage me to edit that explanation in and/or expand on him?

Willow's and I have been communicating about the same things except on the scale of the entire RP, your character's power makes sense and we get it, your character is interesting and your app is perfectly fine, don't worry about it,

HERE IT IS!!!!

Click here for OOC chat.

Any conversations can move over there, this thread is now strictly going to be for people asking to join or questions regarding joining. :)

8f4ded055afab2f35d86bd6989d9b84f.jpg

"Now Now everyone. No need to worry, shit's gotten real. Real good that is. For the god has arrived.... Ignore my human, she was off doing nerd crap."

"Fucker left me without cigarettes."

~~~

Soooooo yeah. I'mma throw in an egotistic man and a couple others if that's alright with the lovely Alex :p

Yay. The more the merrier! Welcome to the party!

~BUMP~

We are still very much open to new people joining.Anyone wanting to play characters as patients and/or staff members

Bump for interest! Looking for doctors and patients alike.

Bump for interest! Still seeking doctors and patients!

Bump!

We are still looking...we pretty much always are. So if anyone is interested, hit me or BennyQ up in PM or on here. Thanks!

Bump for interest! Always seeking new doctors and supernatural patients!

Back
Top Bottom