Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution ~| Asylum/Supernatural Theme |~

Looking for a group RP? Like asylum themes, supernatural themes, or doctor/patient themes? Then look no further...

blood%2Bpattern%2Bdrips.gif

Nestled comfortably deep within the Rock Mountains between Montana and Idaho there is a Psychiatric Institution like no other. The doctors and therapists there are some of the best in the world, hand picked to create the perfect team of professionals. The patients there are some of the most unique cases any institution has faced, and the waiting list to get in is so long it’s recommended to look elsewhere, as one could wait a lifetime to get in. It is easily the top psychiatric institution in the United States, and perhaps the world.

At least…that’s what they want the world to think.

The truth is far more gruesome.

It truly is an institution like no other. The doctors there are not only hand picked…they are drafted by a board of directors who chose to remain anonymous. And these aren’t the nice type of doctors, who give children lollipops or wish the best for your health. These are the type of twisted, deranged doctors who don’t mind a few blood splatters on their pristine lab coats to get the results they want.

And the patients…

They never signed to a waiting list. They never even applied. No, they were taken from their homes or on the streets, plucked from their lives like a feather and thrown in glass cells to be ogled and experimented on like lab rats. Because the patients are not human, some not even mortal. When the discovery of supernaturals was found by a few select humans they decided not to alert media, or tell the government. Instead they opened this institution, designed to experiment and test supernaturals, uncovering their secrets in the hopes to replicate. And what other reason would there be to replicate these powers except for riches. Riches and fame.

So far no head way has been made. The patients continue to battle and fight to hold on to their dignities and gifts, wishing for the day they can escape the hell they have been placed in.

Welcome…to Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution.

~~~

So what do you need to know?

-Well obviously it is a group RP :)

-We are already off to a roaring start, we have plenty of people playing and even our own child forum.

-We will always be open to newcomers wanting to join in, even if we are already well into writing…it won’t be hard to “transfer in new patients” or “hire new staff”.

-The plot is designed to be fairly loose and open to many smaller sub-plots*

-*This is so that characters can interact with each other at different stages, carry on
multiple small sub-plots all at the same time with different characters, etc.​

-People can play as the human doctors, nurses, therapists and/or security guards all running the institution AND/OR play as the supernatural patients subjected to such tortures and experiments.

-Multiple characters allowed and encouraged :D

-This is a fairly large and lengthy roleplay

Quick Character Making Rules

- Staff must be human, and they are there to experiment on the supernaturals, although you may come up with their own reasons for why they took the job.**

-**If you wish to play a staff member that sympathizes with the supernatural they would
need just reasons as to why they changed their minds after receiving the job.​

-The other concrete rule is that all patients are supernatural, none can be human. The supernaturals can be any species, the sky is the limit. Please no god-modding though.

If you think this is up your alley and are willing to stick with it, please message me below, or PM me. I indeed want this group RP to last. I’ve had this idea for months now, and would love to see it grow to fruition.​

Thanks for reading through till the end, hopefully some of you are interested in this idea :D

If you are looking for our forum, it is here.

And if you are looking for our Rules and Formatting, it's here.

RE: ~| Asylum Styled Group RP |~ Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnn-
I call a patient position!!
Count me on board!

Wonderful, people are joining!!

Well first off, rskde is no stranger to me, we are into our second RP together, so hey! Good to see you found this :D

And now for proper introductions to Viktoff and wiki234, I'm BurningWillows, go ahead and abbreviate that however you wish, or just call me Alex. I'll spare the details of my life, and move on to the good stuff.

Yes, this is how I chat OOC, my actual RP posts look quite different. I normally write 2+ paragraphs unless the RP calls for a short reply, such as a fast pace scene, or a simple conversation between two characters. I'm a little bit of a stickler for grammar, although I don't mind about a spelling error here, or a missing period there. It's when people write in "txt talk" that really annoys me. Also, I'm on here daily, unless on vacation. I'm not asking you to be on as frequently as me but I do like when RP partners can reply back with a post in the next 48 hours, or at least give me a shout and reason as to why they can't. Anything else you want to know from me will be in my Request Thread (go ahead, click the green link below :D ). Any questions or concerns you have for me, please PM. I prefer to use PM for most OOC chat or simple questions, and keep the RP to its thread.

Now about the roleplay.....

Viktoff, it'll be awesome for you to play a patient, do you have a few ideas in mind? I am looking to play possibly two patients and maybe a nurse. Of course many of the staff will be NPCs we can all write for and use, but some of us may want a more active role in the "experiments".

And Wiki234, what exactly is the girl in your sig/avatar? She's very unique but I can't tell what she exactly is. And of course you can play her, the more the merrier :D I'm hoping we get a few more on board to be patients or doctors before we start, but I won't give it more than 24 hours, and anyone who comes afterwards can join the fray.

Ah, and side note my roleplays tend to have many gritty portions, including rape, torture, and gore. This roleplay will have all this incorporated, it is an asylum of sorts after all.

Any questions/concerns/ideas???

A nice, warm welcome. I couldn't ask for anything more~

Provided my remote 'new-ness' to BMR in general, I don't have a great source of my writing to point to. Nothing that I could point to and say "This is a clear example of what I can do." I mean, I have a few posts in Slave Market, but I was actually super lax on those posts. You're sort of biting into a mystery cake with me. Sorry~

As for my availability, I am not at all busy and I come online on and off all day. If I can't get a post together in two days, something is seriously wrong. Send help! Either I am out of luck on affording my next phone card, or my phone broke. No worries in either case! It isn't very expensive for me to afford their solutions.

About myself? I guess I can return the sentiment and invite you to view my request thread for any further detail. I think I already read the thread in your sig!

The themes of the roleplay are perfectly fine. One on one roleplays with me wouldn't run much gore. But, I am certainly a team player! Still on the topic of the roleplay, my patient character is in the brain bakery. I was originally drawn to the idea of immortality through absolute and unmatched regen abilities. But, that grew boring pretty fast. Not to mention that is done almost in every super power scenario. And then I had a joke about x-ray or magical see-through powers. That grew old as quickly as the second time I tried to come up with reasons it'd be useful. Abilities like aphrodesiac bodily fluids, mind control(through a singular, specific medium), and shape shifting all came to mind. I gave up on them initially, for the same reason I gave up on the X-ray vision. I was just trying to make a primarily pervert character. It wouldn't have had lasting entertainment. Element powers come to mind, yet those just don't feel original enough. Maybe a supernatural adhesive sort of power? Nothing material, like sticky spit. More along the lines of manipulation of gravity exclusively between a preset point "A" and "B" that he has to be in contact with initially?

It's five Am over here and I sort of just unloaded my thoughts! Sorry if they're super messy. It isn't very impressive. Well, I hope it is worthwhile anyway. I would love to hear thoughts on the abilities portion!

Those are all very interesting ideas. I'm sure whichever you pick will work well. I have more simple tastes I guess :p because I'm thinking of playing a werewolf. Full wolf cursed to turn human, so she's more wolf than human but she's very pretty. I normally use avatars for my characters so get ready to see lots of pictures in my posts, it's normal for me and it helps me split up who I am writing for. I have no need for anyone to copy me unless they are like "wow, that's an awesome idea. I want to do that too!"

My second character I'm struggling between a sex addicted siren (she can convince mortal men to do her bidding with her voice, gets laid lots, shes one of the patients that are truly mentally...off) or a dragon shifter girl, who when looking human has horns sprouting from her head but can also shift into a full dragon, though her cell is a little cramped to do so and they fill her with drugs so she can't. I'm not sure who or which yet.

What an interesting case for a werewolf! It sort of reminds me of chopper, not that they really are anything alike at all. I'm just weird. From the implications that she most likely doesn't understand conventional human relations or societal pressures(Does she learn a language?), I am sure that she proves to be quite the character with depth! Me like-y! It sounds like it is part of a witch's curse or sourced through another of the strange folk with abilities. That's just my initial take on the word "cursed". It could just be that it's nothing to do with anyone else, that it just happened to her and it's a curse because of the place she is in or the ramifications of being so different.

My previous post may make it sound like I was purposefully avoiding sex-addict or sex-enabling powers. This siren idea definitely breaks the mold, in my eyes. Calling her a "siren" demonstrates a great level of thought compared to anything I had come up with as you're referencing truly mythological creatures. Her commanding voice could also steer plot or be a useful "plot tool" if need be all while I really think of the sex-addict part as a super pretty bonus. My thoughts on the dragon character are divided. In a way, she'd be unique and interesting and potentially helpful. Between the Siren character, anything I seriously considered for my patient, and maybe even your werewolf character(depending on what forms she can take), none of then really possess the raw physical power to bust a wall or two. If they weren't drugged, concrete walls seem to be the water pokemon to our fire. Heh! But, on the same coin, shifting seems to play a good role in your werewolf character. If you could only allow yourself to play two characters and your goal was to have a good deal of diversity, the Siren pops out as an obviously delicious pick while I have a hard time suggesting you pick both of your other characters instead. There's a lot to like about all three of them, but the death match to determine who gets in the rp and who has to be benched should come down between the werewolf and the dragon. And I am excited about both, but I'm 105% on board with the Siren. Y'know?

I'm planning on playing three characters, one of them being the Head Doctor (with your permission Alex), a security guard, and a patient who is a demon, I haven't really fleshed out any of their characters other than the Doctor being a dude with a German accent like Hans Gruber from Killing Floor but the other characters I'm still working on. Glad to see y'all are joining this.

If it’s not too late, can I join this rp? I’ve done asylum rps before. Only one of them had a slight supernatural undertone to it. The girl was a witch. She appeared human in every other way, but she was a powerful, yet clumsy with potions, witch. I made her clumsy as to make her perfect. I digress.

I would like to play a character that appeared human but possessed certain powers. I’m not sure what they are right now, but believe me, she would not be unbeatable. I don’t like such characters. Of course she would be a patient, clearly. That’s my preference.

As for my availability, it varies. I don’t have a set schedule at my job. So I may not have much time for a couple of days, but then I’ll have a few days where I can work on a reply. I’m working my way back into rping. BMR is a community I’ve been a part of for over two years now. As far as the things you wish to incorporate into the rp, they are not a problem. My limits are few and far between. I haven’t done vore yet, but note the key word there. Yet. If the right rp comes along, I wouldn’t be opposed.

I’ll work on a character later today. I hope this rp takes off. The other asylum rps I did were lots of fun.

I do enjoy playing siren characters, I've played three so far. Needless to say they are a favourite of mine, and I do tend to run with unique mythological creatures although I have my own version of a siren that I'll save for the rp. I've made her a sex addict cuz I've played a semi similar character before and it was hilarious fun. If you have a character with similar addictions it might play well off of her, depending on how things go. And I think since the siren seems a better choice than my werewolf will take the other slot, and I can always add more characters if I want later. And I quite like my werewolf so that's a no brainer.

As for the cells themselves they will be made with three walls of concrete and one a specialized glass made to withstand a lot of force. The concrete is thick too, so the cells are next to impossible to escape and the glass wall makes it so doctors and nurses can see them at all times, their lives and everything they do exposed. To make things a bit more fun I was thinking of having four sectors or floors of the institution, the basement being the solitary confinement cell block, the third floor being the normal cell block and for patients who are cooperative and not a large threat to the human workers there is the second floor that allows patients more freedoms other than sitting locked up in a cell all day, such as a cafeteria, maybe a library or fake garden area. Something around those lines. Not sure, I'd love opinions or ideas on it.

Also sorry if my sentences seem a little like they are running in circles, lack of sleep and coffee are making it hard for intellectual thinking.

And rskde, yeah you can be head doctor but we will need to set down what your roles are in the facility. I honestly don't mind you being head, that means I don't have to be the big bad. Hahaha. The demon sounds interesting too.

I am certainly going for a perverted virgin late-teen/young man patient. His unusual ability would involve an otherworldly "Ethereal Tethering" which functions much like an invisible intangible rubber band created between two points of which he makes contact with. The force that pulls these two points together would be greater at further distances. Strong enough that any regular person who falls victim to his ability would be good-an'-stuck there. Not so strong that other patients with any sense of enhanced physical capabilities and mass wouldn't be able to fight against it. For example, slight increases in strength may allow an opponent to pull themselves off of a wall he had stuck them too and attempt to move even further. Hulking enemies would be able to apply enough force for a bond between them and a concrete wall to actually break the wall and send a piece of homing concrete their way.

If the idea sounds... Cohesive, lemme know.

@Rskde: All of your characters sounds sketchy... Lol. Must be a theme you're going for.

@Andnich: I don't mean to speak for Alex, but I am sure you are more than welcome. I came to this conclusion because Alex seemed to suggest that there wasn't an upper limit on players.

Oh yeah, I want my doctor to be sketchy as fuck, the kinda guy to walk into a cel with a big ass needle and do 'tests' that are just in humane ways of killing off those who he deems unworthy of life, he's going to be sketchy.

But my security guard and patient are going to be normal, nothing to fear about them

I can understand the security guard part.

But your patient? Demon?! Normal??? XD
I guess I just have too much weight on the word demon. I can't wait for your characters to be fleshed out in other ways. I'd love to ponder how they'll interact with my own! Speaking of which, does the ability of MC make any sense to you? I wrote it in a rough way, I just wanted to see what you all think before actually becoming invested on it.

I kindve understand it, I tend to understand things better when I read them in the RP but if you could explain it again that might also help

Well I look rude. I was writing out my last post and didn't see someone new wrote a post. Yes of course you can join!!! Viktoff is indeed right that I'm welcoming anyone. Your character(s) are your its to create so I'm excited to see what you come up with. Your scheduling won't be a big problem, just give me a pm or warn us in OOC if you think you might be gone for more than 3-4 days. Just so none of us think you left :)

Viktoff could you explain it in another way? I think I understand it and it sounds really cool, I just don't want to be thinking it's one thing when you meant something entirely different.

Rskde, (it's weird I keep using your BMR username...I don't think I've used it this much before haha) your doctor sounds perfect. im intrigued to see which way you take the demon idea.

I'll try to just use examples with a brief explanation first in hopes that it works~

Anything my character touches can be designated as an end or beginning point for his Ethereal Tethering. Like a line in geometry, the start and endpoint really dont do anything more than label a place and the line between doesn't have any width or material to speak of. The difference is, this line tries to shrink by pulling both points together at astonishing force. Like how gravity would bring you towards(and keep you on) Earth.
Examples:
By touching someone's nipple piercing(or even just the nipple) and assigning point A, and then a wall and assigning point B, my character creates a force that pulls the victims piercing and the wall together. Since it is harder to move the wall, said victim appears to just be stuck to the wall.

When fighting an especially challenging enemy or even a group of such, my character can apply Point A to an arm and point B to a leg. Causing that arm and leg to pull towards eachother significantly. For foes of human strength, this would mean that arm and leg are basically stuck together. For hulking foes of sheer strength and ability, this force could be fought around. But, it would still be a big nuisance.

Now for a goofy one.
Let's say he really wants to hit an enemy with a baseball. By punching or tagging the enemy, he assigns point A. While running to gain distance(and probably safety) he pulls out a baseball and assigns point b. Assuming he let's go of the ball in each: With a light-weight or normal sized human, the ball and them would both be pulled towards each other. The human weighing more, wouldn't travel as fast, but they would still get slapped by a baseball and have it cling to them. For a larger opponent, let's say a dragon, the force applied wouldn't be able to move them much at all. So the baseball comes flying in and collides with the point on their body. Clinging to them.

I hope these examples didn't make more confusion xD Normally I don't try to be so out-there with abilities and such.

That made much more sense with the examples, thank you. And I was right in my thinking, so I get the character now. It's a really unique, rare idea for a power...I like the creativity in it. Chances are your patient would be in a straight jacket then a lot, just to try and keep the doctors safe.

Yeah I wouldn't want my doctors' nipple being attached to a wall.

Soooooo, would your siren be gagged? ;3

And also: You've made me lol, Rskde. Why would your Doctor have his nipple out?? XD

I genuinely am looking forward to starting the character app. This roleplay is going to be brilliant.

Most likely yes, but I have a few interesting ideas on instruments to keep her from talking, like a metal surgical mask that hugs her face to keep her from talking. I got lot of ideas.

I'm setting the character thread up now, just hold on...we have enough to start, and hopefully we gain some more too :D

Any room for another sadistic doctor? Nothing special or supernatural about him. Just a simple scientist with sick, twisted mind. Perhaps even two doctors, one male, one female. The male doctor is upfront and miserable to his patients, while the female likes to get inside their heads by posing as a fellow patient then influencing them into bad behavior to see them punished with disciplinary action (by her own hand as well).

This won't be my first rodeo in the asylum genre. I like to think I'm a fairly decent RPer, who can post anywhere from a quick paragraph for fast paced scene to 1000 words easy if it is necessary. I can generally posted a few times a week however so if possible I'd like to be paired with someone who has a similar posting routine to me.

That is of course if there is room.

Hey Benny Q,

Yes! More doctors the merrier! We are actually on short supply of therapists for said patients, would your female character be interested in that? Still able to really get in their heads and cause chaos, all in the safety of her own office. Does that interest you at all?

And wow, that's like...six people now. If we get two more, I'll be requesting a child's forum to give us enough space to make this really awesome. I can't wait! I've wanted to do this FOREVER!

Here's the character creation thread, everyone.

I'll also add it to the very first post here, to make easy access for anyone. It is much too late at night for me to function enough to write out my own characters so I won't have them up till tomorrow. And I'll set up an OOC chat thread for us tomorrow (hopefully morning).As a heads up for all of you, while I am on daily, work takes a good chunk of my day up so you'll notice I'm either really active in the mornings some days, or the evenings in others. Middle of the day is hard for me to get online.

BurningWillows said:
Hey Benny Q,

Yes! More doctors the merrier! We are actually on short supply of therapists for said patients, would your female character be interested in that? Still able to really get in their heads and cause chaos, all in the safety of her own office. Does that interest you at all?

And wow, that's like...six people now. If we get two more, I'll be requesting a child's forum to give us enough space to make this really awesome. I can't wait! I've wanted to do this FOREVER!

Thank you for the inclusion! I'm certainly willing to have both characters target patients and such, though I'm hoping not to have them conduct the same role. The male character would be more physical and tormenting while I think the female doctor might be more mentally damaging. Or vice versa. We'll see how characters and plot lines are developed. If the group does expand, I'll probably drop back to one character.

Anyways, I'll probably try to get some character drafts up tomorrow. Looking forward to the RP!

Back
Top Bottom