Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Snipping the Puppet's Strings [-Haru|vampire-]

"I agree about traveling along the rivers and if I remember right farmers or herders would lead their livestock to the rivers to drink, travelers for their mode of transportation and anything else." She looked up seeing him dismounting while he stretched. Aiko spun around on Ruin's back with her sitting side ways on his broad back. Reaching down she rubbed the large horse's neck while she looked at possible pathways. She ignored the fact they will strictly travel at night but she waved her hand at his presence will draw more attention.

"You never know. There may be bit more Asuras about than you think. True, by nature your kinda stays in one area after settling down or finding a preferred area. But this world is changing...Even someone young as me can see that." Giving him a soft smile to show this exploration didn't have a negative impact on her spirit. "Besides if we're stopped you can say you found me as an infant and took me in as your own cub." Laughing softly as she was starting to enjoy coming up with a back story if they were stopped or questioned by someone who was curious. Though she looked at him knowing he was worried about her well being but she was starting to worry about him. "Come on." She shifted when he mounted up behind her onto Ruin's back. It was there she felt the armor of his torso pressing into her back and suddenly she turned beet red. How come she never noticed his physic? Clearing her throat as she looked up at him while she brushed her hair from her face. "We can look the map over when we get back into the cabin and discuss it more further." Leaning over she tucked the map back into his pouch where it would be safe. Handing him the reigns letting him take lead as she snaked her form around his side to get behind him. She didn't realize this movement of hers may cause any thoughts of physical side affects as her entire form was pressed into him with her limbs and spin warping to show flexibility.

"Let's ride for another little bit then, and find a place to camp for the majority of the day." Okoru would say and as Aiko would start to move around him, pressed softly to him, her scent and her heat along his skin, the large Lion would gently stop her. "Perhaps you should stay in front of me." he encouraged, and would easily lift her back to sit before him, his hands about her slim waist and holding her close, his rippling muscle on display for her, and his hands placed softly on her thighs as they rode. For Okoru the closeness was a natural thing, and even seated with her he towered over her and he let her lean back on him, though he felt the stirrings of arousal at their closeness.

Another hour took them further north and Okoru changed direction slightly to bring them a little more eastward, away from the direct paths that followed the rivers. They saw a few travelers and when greeted or waved at they would follow suit, for to not do so would arouse more suspicion than being polite. A small grassland valley seemed a perfect place to stop and set up the cottage, and Okoru would bring Ruin to a halt, dismount, and easily lift Aiko from the broad back of the magical steed. Once Ruin was tucked safely away the tiny cottage figurine was set on the ground and activated, the cube growing into the safe haven for them both.

Okoru would let Aiko enter the delling first and then as he shut the door he seemed to relax. "At least we did not have any more conflict this night. I am famished." he said and moved to the kitchen, finding a haunch of venison roasting in the oven with carrots and potatoes, and a fresh salad magically kept cool in what could only be described as an icebox. "Are you hungry?" Okoru asked her.

Once she had sat behind him only to see him twist to grab hold of her only to bring her back around. "Okoru!" Laughing as his paws press and brushed against her sides making her laugh. "That tickles!" After he placed her back in front of him she reached back touching his thighs just as he touched her own. It seemed Okoru was taking her out into the world along with introducing her to a new one. Along the way they ran across other travelers and she couldn't shake off the weird looks as she waved to them. She figured it was Okoru they were looking at instead of her. About an hour later she was stiff and it most have been obvious since Okoru turned to help her dismount Ruin. "Thank you." Her hands ran along his strong forearms just as he set her down on the ground. Taking a few steps away from him as strange feelings were washing over her. Conflicted as she watched the Cabin appeared and without a word she slipped inside letting him look around before entering.

Though she had slipped her fingers into his pouch to get the map. Aiko sat beside the table as she slipped her boots off while she looked at the map. "Uh...No...Not right now." Part of her mind was still stuck on what she was physically feeling when he had pulled her back in front of him, his body contoured to her form from behind and his padded paws wrapped around her waist. Curious lewd thoughts entered her mind and she turned her back onto Okoru so she could concentrate on the map. "Shame this map doesn't offer a better description of the upcoming areas...Unless...." There was something odd about the rolled up map. Gently she ran her finger tips over the map then stretched her index and thumb having the map of the River Kingdoms. "I thought so." A smile crept over her lips at this little personal discovery but she imagined he already knew about this trick.

Of course Okoru had been keenly aware of Aiko as her body pressed back into his own and the Great White Lion had found his thoughts straying along paths that were not unknown to him, but were new with her in such intimate proximity. By the time they had stopped and entered the cottage Okoru was fighting off a growing desire and was glad that his clothing and armor would hide him from her a little.

As she declined the food, opting instead to rest and look over the map, seeing how she could focus in and enlarge the image, Okoru cut himself a healthy portion of the venison, foregoing any of the salad for the cooked meat and vegetables. Taking a seat close to Aiko he set into the food, watching as Aiko looked over the map. Leaning over to peer over her shoulder one strong arm draped casually along her shoulders and the Asuran warrior said, "We might be able to get an airship at Sevenarches." In truth he wasn't sure, but it was one of the larger towns in this country and their best bet. The nostrils of the great cat flared a little as her scent was caught, and once more Okoru's mind brought unbidden thoughts to the fore and as he moved his arm back he let his padded hand affectionately draw along her shoulders.

At first she didn't notice him sitting close to her but when he draped his arm so casually along her shoulders that got her attention. Tilting her head as she heard him inhale deeply but she cleared her throat. "I think you're right that we may.... You know what." With his padded hand running across her shoulders she got up and snaked her way around him. "I'm going to step outside for a moment I need some fresh air." Something was going on and she didn't know what it was. It was bad that she couldn't talk to Okoru about this since well he was a Male and what she was feeling, she felt ashamed. Her hand grabbed the knob and she pulled the door open then she stepped outside shutting the door behind her.

Trembling she leaned against the wall right next to the door taking several deep breaths. "What is going on..." She was scared since she didn't know who she could talk to. Back home, well even back home when female issues came up her mother just lightly touched things but anything more the saying was "When you get older then I'll tell you". Yet here she was, aching loins, whenever Okoru touched her she felt that ache between her virgin folds. Even with him being close to her from behind caused these awkward feelings to stir within her to the point she wanted to more. With a heavy sigh she hung her head with her wrapping her arms over her breasts and tighten her grip as if to hide them. "I wish I could talk to you Mother. Had one more talk." Whispering softly as she stood there in silence right by the door for safety sake. Minutes ticked by until about half and hour came then she stepped back into the cabin but moved to the kitchen in silence to grab some of the cold salad. While she was outside she mentally came to a conclusion she must have reached an age where women become mature in some way like right of passage, milestone or when children become adults. Whatever you want to call it she felt like she reached that point with un-proper guiding hands.

There was a bit of concern as Aiko got up and departed, and Okoru could tell that it was his presence that made her uncomfortable. It was an odd feeling and he actually felt a little bad about it. It was never his intention to make her uncomfortable and while she was outside he finished eating and washed up a bit, laying down on the floor next to her bed and wondering what the coming weeks might bring.

When Aiko came back inside he rolled to look at her, an apology on his lips. In battle he was courageous and yet in this matter he found he was nervous. "I apologize Aiko, for making you uncomfortable." he rumbled, and hoped that she would accept the apology. His armor and weapons were close by, and his nearly nude form was hidden under a large bundling cloak. He knew that sleeping as he had the night before, without covering, would only fuel her discomfort, and so he thought this best.

Hearing his apology she stood there eating in silence before putting the dishes down to see them cleaned then disappear. Without a word she walked over to him and sat down with her back to him. Slowly she drew her knees up to her chest while she was searching for the right words. How can she talk to him when this was a female issue?

"Okoru..." Her voice was soft like she still haven't gotten a grasp of what she was wanting to say to him or how to mention it at all. "I accept your apology but I...I don't know what is going on." Finally she looked at him with her eyes pleading him not to judge her or shun her. "I think I've come of age that I'm starting to feel...strange things. Like...Oh!" God she felt so embarrassed to tell him this. "I wish I could talk to my Mother. Something tells me she understand these feelings I'm getting. The ache in my loins when a simple act happens when that simple act never affected me before." Okoru was a strong male figure in her life but she never seen him as a father figure even when he acted like that when he caught her skipping her Etiquette lessons. At times he did sound like her mother but he knew her long enough to pick up some things.

Okoru listened and wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms and reassure her that everything was alright. That she had accepted the apology meant a lot to him, and as she then continued to speak he realized what was happening with her. "You're becoming a woman, Little Aiko." he said, using the name he had often called her for many of the younger years of her life. "You're not so little any more." he said, and knew that she was blossoming - which presented him with conflicting feelings as well. He still thought of her almost like a daughter, but wanted her as a woman... feelings which he knew were wrong, and yet he could not help himself.

"You will find yourself thinking of males more often I think, and desiring things you might never have thought of before." Okoru told her, staying somewhat vague, and part of him wishing to offer to usher her into womanhood as his thoughts spiraled down paths that were not at all appropriate. Okoru grew quiet then, unsure what else to say and worried his words might frighten her.

When she heard his nickname he given her decades ago she began to laugh and smacked his chest. Slowly she laid down beside him on her side with her looking at him. She didn't mind him being so covered with his cloak trying to ease her discomfort. "I wish this...Feeling happened before we left. It would be much easier on you." Smiling as she looked at the large white lion; she could continue the talk with him and ask him more personal things. "Thank you for not...Judging me for speaking of such things." Getting to her feet as she stretched her arms above her head.

"Who knows I may meet the male who I can trust with my heart to give myself to him." She used the word male as she didn't know what tickled her fancy. Did she like Elves, faes, Asurans, Drakes, humans or was she indifferent she could bed them all like her mother has in the past or present. Aiko slipped into the washroom to freshen up as her clothing turned into her traveling sleeping clothes but it seemed the cabin gifted their desires. Her slender hand touched the wooden wall before slipping back out before leaping into bed. The bed swayed slightly as she reached over the side with her hand resting on his strong shoulder. Something about him, just him alone, made her believe she was safe with just about anything. With her laying at the edge she nestled into the pillow with her hand still laying on his shoulder while she fell to sleep.

When evening came she was laying on her back, blanket kicked off the bed, while her tunic was raised up abit showing her flat toned stomach. Aiko opened her emerald eyes as she heard something in the distance. Was that rumbling? Looking down to see Okoru was still laying there she managed to jump over him to land lightly on her feet. Thank the Goddess for her bloodline. With a smile she was in the kitchen cooking some sausage sandwiches that were thick and large for Okoru as a special thank you from her.

Okoru smiled as she got down on the floor with him. Aiko had never been a pretentious sort and that she came down onto the floor showed him her strength of character. One massive hand moved out to tuck stray hair back behind her ear and he said softly, "You're welcome Aiko." and his golden eyes stayed on her as she stood and stretched, the curves of her body accentuated by the motion, and then she clambered into bed, but touched him and let her fingertips rest on him as she slowly fell asleep. Okoru was a light sleeper and was awake for some time after that but eventually slumber claimed him as well.

The evening arrived all too early and it seemed they had picked a spot where nobody would bother them. The smell of cooking food woke up Okoru and his nose twitched at the smell and he soon sat up. Seeing Aiko in the kitchen he got to his feet, though realized very quickly he had to empty his bladder and was sporting something that the princess liekly did not wish to see, and so keeping the cloak wrapped about himself and his 'morning glory', Okoru said, "I'll be right back Aiko. That smells very good though." With that he would exit the small cottage and move out into the dusky plain to relieve his bladder and look up at the bright stars in the sky. Coming back inside he moved to investigate what Aiko was cooking. "For me?" he asked, a little surprised that she had put in such effort, but happy for her to do so. One hand came to rest at the small of her back. "Thank you Aiko." he said sincerely, and rubbed her back briefly, his hand able to span nearly all the way across her slender shoulders. Bending deep he kissed the top of her head and would gladly take the sausage sandwiches when they were done, and sit down to eat them.

After a short time they would be on their way, once more Ruin carrying them ever closer to Sevenarches.

Hearing the sounds of him moving she turned her ear towards him thinking he was heading to the washroom. "Alright." But was surprised he left the cabin that she walked to the door though something stopped her from opening it. Unaware of males having "morning glory" or morning wood but this trip will be a learning experience for herself. When he returned she felt his massive paw on the small of her back but she smiled up at him. "Yes, its for you Fur Ball..." Laughing as she wrapped her arm around his waist. "Also Thank you for covering up. I don't know why but before last night your loin cloth didn't bother me. Though I am wondering if you trying to carter to my needs like that is wise."

She sounded like she had some time to think about it. Once the patties were done she opened the oven and the large biscuits had been cut with eggs on them. Aiko put the three together knowing he can easily polished the three off by himself. Placing the sausages in front of him as she grabbed a bowl of fruit for herself then grabbed a biscuit. Once she sat across him she had this look on her face. "You're the only positive male I have in my life even back there." A smile crept over her lips before looking at him. "You're the only being I do trust and I don't want you to stop your normal routine for my sake. I'm still learning from you." Her fork stabbed at the melon and the juices ran along her lips before she licked it up. It was there she dropped her silverware. "Katie!" A smile appeared wide on her face. "Katie Douwood, the daughter of Lord Douwood lives in the Sevenarches. We can rest there."

When Aiko put her arm about his waist Okoru wanted to pick her up in an embrace and just hold her to his chest, soft and warm and.... a soft chuff from the Lion as he just nodded. "You are very welcome Little Aiko." he said, and as she then remembered a girl named Katie, his golden eyes regarded her. "So long as you think it is safe Aiko, then we should seek them out." he agreed, and looking at the map he said, "If we only travel at night we cannot reach Sevenarches by morning, however, if we're willing to travel during the day then we could likely reach the town by noon tomorrow, certainly by dinnertime." he said, gauging time like most males and by food.

Ruin made good time, and the night passed swiftly, and Okoru let Aiko rest, sleeping if she needed to as he pushed the magical beast onward during the day, the thunder of his hooves a cadence beneath them, but allowing him to remain in use far longer than if they had decided to let Ruin run on air. Pressing onward Okoru would slow a bit as they ran into more traffic along the riverway as Sevenarches drew more and more near. Galloping along at breakneck speed would only draw unwanted attention, and they could not afford that.

----------​

Sevenarches is a town in the southwestern River Kingdoms built around seven stone arches which are scattered around the settlement. These are an ancient site, sacred to the elves. Sevenarches has not been in elven hands for millennia, ever since they left Golarion for the safety of Sovyrian; since then, Sevenarches has been under the rule of the Oakstewards. The Oakstewards are very selective about whom they let approach the community, banning elves and outsiders from approaching, as Sevenarches guards a rift to the First World of the fey. As a result of the rift, followers of the Green Faith are extremely common. Sevenarches is also home to a wide variety of fey and many treants, some of whom live in the city, while others are simply passing through. Rumor has it that the arches for which the town is named once served as portals to other worlds, perhaps functioning like more powerful elf gates. Kyonin has shown great interest in reclaiming this ancient site, but the Oakstewards refuse any elf entry into Sevenarches. While this problem has yet to come to a head, there are rumours that some elves have been considering radical solutions to get rid of the human rulers of the town.

----------​

Approaching the town, Okoru and Aiko are stopped by the guards at the gates, as well as a treant, a living and walking tree. The giant wooden being, some twenty feet in height, bent down and seemed to inspect Aiko.

"She smells of both fey and elf." it announced, and the two guards shared a look.

"If you will wait here, we will have to see if you are given permission to enter. What is your business here?" the guards ask, looking over Aiko and Okoru curiously.

Aiko woke up before they reached the gates of Sevenarches where the guards looked her carefully over. She didn't flinch when the Treant leaned down to look her over carefully. There was no need to declare she was half blood but she looked to the guards as they waited for an answer from her. What should she say? What could she say? Without looking to Okoru she looked to the guards and without a moment pause.

"We're traveling-" She coughed with her wincing and her slender hand went to her throat with her showing she was in pain. "Pardon, sore throat. I was hoping to pass through to restock on medicines for our travel to the Northern Lakes." She had noticed before the looks they exchanged but didn't question it since if she did then they may be arrested or sent away. The guards sent word of a half elf, hald fey with an Asuran was waiting at the gates. Though Aiko looked up at Okoru wondering why they needed permission to enter a city. She looked at the treant then to the guards while they spoke amongst themselves while they glanced at them. While they waited she ran through memories of why the guards were stopping them. Perhaps something she needed to ask Katie when they stop off. Could she mention she knows Katie Douwood? Lord Douwood's daughter? No, that would draw to much attention to them.

Okoru vaguely remembered talk of this place, and how it had once been an elven religious site, but those days were long past. Whispering to Aiko he said, "Your mother wants to work in alliance with those here and the Council wishes to take this place back by force. They allow no elves to enter here, though I had thought with your heritage that you would be an exception. I suppose that remains to be seen." he intoned, his voice solemn.

Soon a small contingent of men could be seen approaching, the treant standing guard over them and if one could say that a tree looked curious, then this one certainly did. The small troupe consisted of all humans, five in total, three males and two females. All dressed in a forest green sort of cloak over their plain clothing. One of the men blinked when he saw Aiko.

"Aiko? Is that you?" he asked, and he beamed at Okoru. "Okoru? I am Lord Douwood. Barthol Douwood." he said, and turned to the others. "I will vouch for them." he said plainly, and a murmur passed through the rest as they conversed a moment and then one of the females would nod.

"In accordance with our laws, and your elven blood, you may enter the city, but may not go about unaccompanied. One of the Douwood family must be with you at all times." one lady said, though gave Aiko a kindly smile. "Welcome to Sevenarches."

Dismounting, Okoru lifted Aiko from Ruin and then dismissed the beast and tucked the statuette in his pocket. "We thank you for your hospitality." he said plainly and gave a small bow of deference and respect. "the road has been hard and we wish to rest." he said, having ridden the last sixteen hours or so straight.

"Of course, of course... come along." Barthol said, extended a hand to them. The others had dispersed and the huge treant looked on with what must have been interest.

Several fey could be seen on the streets and a few flew to and fro, going about their busy day, though many would stop to stare at the large Asuran and his charge, the half-elven princess. Her fey blood seemed to call out to them, and many were curious.

Aiko turned at the sound of the man's voice and her eyes brighten. "Lord Douwood!" Smiling at him as she looked to Okoru then to the people he was with but once she was in their company she would listen to the males talk but felt so out of place. She could feel eyes on her form that made her shiver. "Sorry.." She touched Lord Douwood interrupting Okoru's and his conversation. "Hows Katie doing?" He replied as he returned to Okoru to continue their talk. The strets were filled with Feys flying back and forth in Victorian clothing as women wore fitted clothing with the front of their skirts shorten, high heels knee high boots. The sights of the attire amazed Aiko to no end.

"Ah! We sent word she was to be married to your mother a week ago but...You must have missed the invitation." The old gentlemen looked at Aiko seeing the distressed look in her eyes. Though he looked to Okoru with concern in his eyes. "You two will stay in my main house with my family, by law. But I need to speak with you about why she is here." He had noticed the looks they were getting with Aiko amongst them. The group walked to a large two story manor that had a touch of modern and Victorian flare. "Katie! We have guests!" He yelled out as a young red haired woman walked out of the den.

"Who-" Katie's eyes landed on Okoru and in turn found Aiko. "AIKO!!!" The taller woman nearly tackled Aiko in a hurried hug but grabbed her hand yanking her up the stairs to catch up and gossip about who has done what or who made a fool of themselves.

Barthol looked to Okoru and smirked. "Must be nice to get some male alone time. Also...She's part Fey isn't she?" He asked in a low voice as servants moved about taking his cloak. "So why are you two....Mainly her out of Kyonin? Its dangerous for both of you." His brown eyes looked at the large feline but slowly ushered him into his Private study. "She's safe as long she's with Katie so relax, Okoru. But I need to know what is going on since I placed my reputation on the line for both of you."

The house of the Lord was actually quite a cozy affair and not pretentious or overly decadent at all. Polished wood and crystalline windows were abundant, letting in a lot of natural light. Okoru smiled at Katie and Aiko were reunited and then ran off upstairs. Following Barthol to his study he would clasp his hands behind his back and tell the Lord what he knew. At this point there was little need not to trust the man, and Aiko seemed to have given them some bit of responsibility.

"As you know, Aiko's mother is not the most popular of rulers. Her liberal ways have brought the scrutiny of the Council on more than one occasion, and her popularity with the Nobility is waning. The people are split in their opinions, and I fear that Kyonin itself might be on the brink of war. Threats have been made against Aiko, and her mother deemed them serious enough that she thought it best that her daughter leave. Aiko is also learning of her heritage, and you might have heard of it yourself with the scene at the gate. Unfortunately this will not engender her to most of the populace in Kyonin, rightful heir or not, and it will do her little good to eventually ascend the throne to only then be deposed. Or worse." Okoru stated all this as fact, and after a moment he continued.

"We are to head to Mendev, as her mother has allies there. I am unsure just who it is that we seek, but they are expecting us, and I would guess that they are meant to watch more for myself than for Aiko. If need be she can move about on her own, unknown and unrecognized, and my presence is both a boon and a bane for her. I cannot hide myself and my kind are not known to travel much - however, we're moving under the guise of simple travelers and keeping out journey at night for the most part. I was hoping that perhaps there was one of those machines, an airship, that might take us further north. Keep us off the ground and away from prying eyes." Okoru looked hopeful that Barthol might be able to help.

Barthol sat in his large leather chair listening to Okoru. "So you believe your presence is a hindrance for Aiko..." He sipped on his scotch drink thinking things out as he asked about an Airship. "Its very expensive to take since its still new nobility are the only ones who can take it at this time....Also as simple travelers you or her doesn't portray that look. Her simple elven attire gives her region away." Reaching into his desk there was a click and whirl of sounds before his desktop opened up. Reaching down the blonde man reached down grabbing a bag of coins and began to count them out as the two girls came down.

"Katie!" Barthol boomed in a stern voice to have his recently betrothed daughter come to the door with Aiko beside her. "I rather not have you taking Aiko out on the streets tonight."

"But Father! I need her to be fitted for the gown I picked for my wedding and I was wanting her to see the wedding dress..." Katie alerted Okoru that she wanted Aiko to be part of her wedding and share in this milestone in her life. Before there could be a fit that breaks out Aiko did step forward.

"I do want to be part of the wedding and to be there for her. Not just watching from the shadows and missing out on it all." Aiko looked to Barthol then to Okoru but Barthol shook his head.

"That is enough!" Barthol growled at the two girls. "Aiko is not to be part of the wedding."

Katie looked at her father in disbelief but Aiko stepped up to the older man. "I was invited, correct? I can't leave this house without a Douwood Family member with me, correct? I AM going to be part of that happy moment like it or not!" It was clear Aiko hasn't told Katie what was going on with her traveling.

Barthol stepped up to Aiko and whispered to her and knew Okoru could hear him as well. "I will not allow you to put my daughter's life in danger because of the death threats against you." That seemed to have slapped her back to reality to have her look down at the floor.

Katie shook her head. "Enough! Aiko, Okoru would you give me and my father some room to talk....Alone!" Katie had enough as she stepped outside with Aiko leaving the study with Okoru. When the heavy wooden door slammed shut Aiko walked to a window with her arms wrapped around herself.

"Okoru, maybe it wasn't the best idea to have come here. He's right I'm putting others at risk for just being near them." Aiko couldn't hear the yelling behind the closed doors but if she had Okoru's ears they'd be falling down flat. "Is it wrong of me to want to help celebrate her upcoming marriage?"

Okoru, though he wanted to chime in and support Aiko, could not go against the wishes of Barthol, and understood the man's concerns. As they wlked out of the study and Aiko walked to the window, her arms wrapped about herself, Okoru felt a pang of sympathy for the girl and moved to her, wrapping his arms about her to comfort her. It was something he had done many times before, but not for some few years. He had often held her when she was smaller, but when she had become a woman he had given up such things for fear of giving the wrong impression. However there were no others here to question things, and he embraced her as one friend to another.

"It is not wrong of you Aiko, and yet you must understand Barthol's wishes. He has vouched for us here and that in itself could put his own life, and Katie's in danger. Everyone we come into contact with, all our allies, will be putting themselves in danger for us, and to keep you safe." Okoru told her softly, and his large hands rubbed along her forearms.

The words inside the study were muffled, but Okoru got the gist of the argument, and if he had not been truthful with Barthol then he was sure that Aiko could have gone. She was invited of course, and they might even have been able to stay under the guise of the wedding, but Barthol had asked for the truth and such subterfuge was not something that came natural to Okoru.

It was not long before the door opened and Katie emerged, obviously not happy and without even looking at Okoru and Aiko she stormed past and up the stairs. Okoru had gently unwrapped his arms from around Aiko, not wishing to appear inappropriate, and yet he maintained the contact with her, a hand on her back as he stood close enough she could lean on him if she desired to do so.

Aiko had leaned against him when he wrapped his strong large arm around her. This time the act in itself didn't spur any urges just, she just needed him. "I understand but I am torn on wanting to share in this moment with her and keeping them safe from me. I never told-" She stopped and turned as Katie stormed by them but Aiko never moved from Okoru's side as she stood close to him not out of comfort just the small bit of enjoyment at this time. "Told her what was going on and what I am. Its not the right time to discuss such things."

Barthol stepped out and looked to Aiko and Okoru. "You two...In here now." He had this stern voice which reminded Aiko of Okoru which made her smile. Soon Aiko was in Barthol's study and he had two sacks of coins before him. When the doors closed when Okoru joined them. "As long as you two will be staying here...Might as well look the part. Well Aiko needs to look the part of a traveler than you Okoru. No matter where you'll go you will always stand out. But for Aiko's sake you may have to undergo another name to throw off the remaining scent, so to speak, to go into further hiding. I can get a hold of a friend to make fake papers for her but...I don't trust Katie to be alone with Aiko out on the streets alone. So I plan on sending my wife and my daughters out with Aiko to get the needed clothing and items for the travels. Do you object, Okoru?" The old man looked to Okoru as if Aiko's wishes were somewhat being accepted to a point but he was taking Okoru's concerns at heart.

Okoru idly rubbed Aiko's back as she spoke, lending silent support. He had little else to add and watched as Katie left the room and then walked behind Aiko back into Barthol's study. As the man spoke Okoru had to agree. "I understand and agree Barthol. You would know best how to proceed from here." Okoru admitted.

Looking at the bags of coin Okoru soon produced the small pouch of gems from his own pack and would hand Barthol two of them, a diamond and a ruby. "Those should cover your costs Barthol, for we cannot let you take all the burden and expense." Okoru said."I could take another name to travel under, if you have one in mind." Okoru said, comfortable with the idea but not sure what might be a better fit or a good cover.

Okoru smiled at Aiko. "It might be good for you to do the same, pick another name. Though have fun while you're out shopping. You might not be able to go out like that often." He turned back to Barthol, "Will there be men going with them?" he asked, unsure if Barthol thought Sevenarches was safe enough. Certainly no elves would get in, and the fey and the treants kept things rather tight-knit he was sure.

Barthol looked at the gems then handed them back. "Hold on to those but I'll hand you some coins for your travel to help you two blend in. I can send one of my servants with them but I think you'd like to go to over see the women wouldn't you? Like you said this may be the first and last time you both can have fun." He said as he pushed the large sums of coin to Aiko.

"I expect you to pick out a nice dress. You will attend the wedding as a guest but that is all and I expect you to find something suitable for your escort." He smirked looking at Okoru though with Aiko taking the coins she ran to Katie to say her father had agreed to let her to be a guest. Barthol stood there looking to Okoru. "The wedding is a week away and I hope you both will stay as my guests. You both deserve some rest and well if what the Treant said is true then Aiko could learn from other trusted Feys within my inner circle. If the travels will be dangerous then she needs to learn how to control her gifts." His voice was low as if not wanting those in his family to know about Aiko's power.

There was some giggling as three women walked down the stairs with an older woman with black hair up in a bun. It was Katie's mother who was running over places in mind to shop for Aiko. Though Aiko looked through the door way. "Okoru, want to come with us? Or going to stay here and relax?" Katie and her younger sister groaned at Aiko's invite which both got smacked by their mother. It was polite to atleast offer or extend an invite.

"You can stay and we can head out to the local pub for mead or this new drink called Beer while they are out." Barthol offered something for Okoru to do something other than to sit here, bored out of his mind or bored out of his mind while clothes shopping. "Shopping with women isn't fun I rather be whipped."

"BARTHOL!" Mary-ann, his wife yelled as if she already knew what he was talking about. Barthol apologized which made the women laugh. The Douwoods stepped outside while Aiko stood there waiting for Okoru's answer.

Okoru chuckled that deep rumble of his and gave a nod. "I would indeed desire to go and see over the women. I do not imbibe much alcohol and it seems to always bring out the worst in men eventually. I do enjoy it but am very careful." he stated and would look over at Aiko with those wise golden eyes of his and say, "I will join you outside in a moment." he reassured her and then back to Barthol he said, "I will join you for this beer later this evening, perhaps at dinner." The Asura knew that they had a week, and though he did not want to get too comfortable, the respite from travel would be good, and allow Aiko to relax, and himself as well. He still had a bad feeling about the elves on the road, and about House Gadariel.

Bidding farewell to Barthol the Asura would exit the house and find the women outside waiting. "I will be coming along instead of your own house guard. I will endeavor to stay out of your way." Okoru told them, and would indeed lag behind, staying close enough he could close with the little gaggle of females in a few large strides, but not so close he could hear their conversations. Besides, he wanted to see the town of Sevenarches, and he caught sight now and then of the fey that inhabited the place and he had to wonder which of the apparently immobile trees might in fact simply be sleeping treants.

Aiko nodded and stepped outside telling the others Okoru would be with them. The younger girls complained but before Aiko could say a word their mother snapped. "He may need something and it'd be foolish for him to wonder around with your fathere. If Okoru went with your father...I'd feel bad or the Asuran. Lord! Your father doesn't know how to hunt for a good bargin!" That made the girls giggle just as Okoru arrived. In moments the three younger girls followed Mary-Ann down a busy street. Aiko didn't notice some of the male feys were looking at her with interest as some yelled and whistled at her. Though she kept walking on with her head held high and spoke with the girls.

"Here we are!" Mary-Ann stopped in front of a large clothing store for men and women. "Little Missy, we're going to spoil you rotten!" The older woman took Aiko's hand and pulled her along as Aiko looked back to Okoru with a worried look on her face. "Girls! You know what to do!" Mary-Ann sent her two daughters rushing out and back with clothes that they held up to Aiko one by one Soon Mary-Ann entered the dressing room to help Aiko out in her new clothes.

There was sounds of Aiko gasping from cold hands, sharp yelps of discomfort here and there. Soon she stepped out in a short red skirt with golden googles with the top hat covering her pointed ears. There she stood in the high heeled boots which showed off her slender legs. The girls gasped as she spun around enjoying the feel of the fabric. Though Mary-Ann agreed that was a keeper. Aiko disappeared with a few more yelps then she stepped out in another outfit with it having an adjusting skirt but Aiko stood in front of the mirror blushing a deep red as the front of the skirt was hiked up high. Mary-Ann reached down to show Aiko how to adjust the skirt to her comfort level. "I like this one too..." Aiko said with a smile then she was pushed into the tiny room once more.

Moments later she stepped out into something more travel friendly as it had a magical pouch attached to the belt that hung on her hips. Mary-Ann and the others seem to have forgotten that Okoru was there witnessing and perhaps driving home Aiko wasn't a child anymore as other men were looking at Aiko with hungry eyes. But the one last change was for the wedding party. Aiko stepped out in a gown with a simple diamond necklace around her neck. Finally Aiko looked to Okoru as he hadn't said a word since they left the house.

Okoru never let his guard slip, knowing that the most innocuous of places, the ones that lured you into a false sense of security, were the ones to be most wary of. How many of the fey here might send word back to her mother, for good or for ill? The thought was sobering and the large leonine warrior kept his senses alert for anything amiss.

The clothiers was quite the experience and if there was one thing that Okoru was glad about it was that he did not have the ability to blush. It was not that any of the clothes that Aiko picked were particularly revealing. In fact it was almost the opposite. However, the way they hugged her form reminded him of just how much she was growing up, and her hips and breasts called to him in ways wholly womanly - not to mention her backside. Okoru's eyes flickered that golden bright color and he found he rather approved of everything that she had picked, though he doubted he would find much in the way of clothing for himself.

That thought was put to rest though, as one seamstress came to speak to him, showing him various bolts of cloth and explaining how, since they would be here for a few days, that she could make him a few things if he desired. Letting her take several measurements, Okoru simply told her to make him a few outfits to match what might go with Aiko's choices - which would have to remain behind for a few adjustments here and there. There were a couple of hats that the lady let Okoru try on but frankly he felt a little ridiculous.

After things were paid for Aiko turned to see Okoru getting fitted and for a moment she wanted to lash out at the woman. That moment made Aiko think twice of Okoru. He was there to teach, and oversee her safety only so she shouldn't let her mind wonder off on lewd actions. She walked over as he tried a hat on which made her smile. "Oh no! That hat doesn't seem to be you." The Douwoods were nearby as Aiko picked out some goggles that seemed adjustable for his size. "Try these." Aiko handed him the goggles as she had a pair for herself.

Katie looked over at the two and smirked but she heard her name being called out. She turned to see her fiancé approaching with two of his friends. "Bryan!" The young woman rushed over and hugged him tightly before bringing him over to Aiko. "Aiko this is my Fiance. Bryan this is Aiko."

The tall brown haired man smiled at Aiko and took her hand. Soon as Aiko's hand was taken she grew still as if she was trying to gauge something was wrong. Bryan just smiled to Aiko and walked away with Katie back to their house for dinner. Though Aiko appeared something was bothering her in which Mary-Ann picked up quickly like Okoru would. Once things were handled the now smaller group headed out with Mary-Ann giving them a short tour of the city but Aiko was silent during the whole tour. They passed an Gun Smith shop which caught Aiko's interest for a short time. It was sun down when the group returned to the house while Mary-Ann took Aiko's thinks to the back to be washed carefully while Aiko was left alone with Okoru.

"Okoru, there is something wrong with Bryan." Aiko spoke confidently about this when they were alone in the Den. "When he grabbed my hand I...I don't know what happened but something screamed at me to get away from him." At this point Aiko knew she had some gift because of her Fey blood but did she inherit bit of her Mother's own powers? Moving to the fireplace seeing stacked wood in which she tossed some in the fireplace then with a snap of her fingers a spark flew right onto the logs igniting the stacked logs.

Back
Top Bottom