Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Online kinks = Real life kinks?

• Thread starter HeyThereLittleBear
  • Start date
H

HeyThereLittleBear

So I have found out that a vast majority of people on this site seem to think that my online kinks are my real life kinks, based on the private messages that I have been receiving.

So I'm curious to know (and discuss) with all of you lovely people - are your online kinks the same as your real life kinks?

My answer is mostly no -- there's a lot of kinks that I like the concept of, not necessarily the application.

Example - One of my biggest turn-ons is bestiality / knotting. Real life, no thank you. Bestiality is a role-play kink for me because it includes the shame of submission to a very taboo male, the stretching of the knot, and the situation of being forced to stay tied to the creature after.
I'm also extremely interested in role-play world in throat-fucking. Yaaaas lord.
It's so hot.

But IRL?
Hahahahahah, good luck hubs.

However, my online offs are my IRL offs. Very seriously.

Lovely topic, Bear.

I personally have what I call "writing persona". It means my interests often vary from my real life personality. Many of the things I enjoy writing about are enjoyable from a writing standpoint because it pushes the character arcs in ways that I, artistically, appreciate. The sexual application doesn't appeal to me at all. They are things that I find fascinating conceptually, exclusively.

My turn offs are the same, though. We both agree on that front.

I don't really have many kinks as such. Except one. I'm only attracted to certain types of women and combinations of personality traits, both in fictional characters, and real-life. My sexual/kink preferences in roleplay are more contextually based, ie, what brings them about, where, how, and with whom are they ocurring, and in what situation, etc, rather than being specific acts.

Within that framework, with a character or person I'm attracted to, whether it be through writing or in the real-world, I'm open to a lot of kinks. However, many that I am or would be into, or the contextual basis behind them, are often seemingly incompatible with the types of personalities that arouse my sexual/mental interest. More from their perspective than mine.

So, it's a kind of yes and no for me.

Forbidden Fruit said:
The sexual application doesn't appeal to me at all. They are things that I find fascinating conceptually, exclusively.

I'm totally with you there, Fruit, and as for both you and Bear, my no's are the same. Though, now I say that, there's a few I could be convinced to incorporate if my writing partner was particularly into them, or naturally fit as as part of a specific plot concept, which I have done before.

Seeing as I'm asexual, I've wrestled with variations of this question for a while. I guess the answer is kinda but not really. I have no interest in exploring anything I rp in rl, even the vanilla stuff. But I won't deny that reading certain things does in fact turn me on, I just don't see a point in taking it further than acknowledging the arousal and maybe seeing if I can write or read more stuff like that.

No's are no's are no's of course.

This is a good topic. Some of them yes. Others no. Online kinks certainly don’t translate into rl kinks. Even a simple act that I perform in rps often, swallowing a man’s semen, isn’t something I do in rl often. In fact, up until two years ago, I had never done it at all. Rped it, wanted to do it, but just couldn’t do it. I too enjoy bestiality in rps. In rl, no. Those are simple, straight forward. Rape. That’s something I enjoy in rps, but I would never dream of being fond of it in rl. On screen there is a certain amount of control that both parties have concerning that type of scene. It’s discussed, and even though it’s rape, it’s something that’s agreed upon. In rl, one party has no control, and they certainly don’t agree to it. So again, no. I do not enjoy, nor do I support rape. My characters are beaten, even killed, from time to time. Again, not something I’m into. Why do I enjoy it? I’m not really sure. Maybe it’s the aggression or the fact I do have some control over the situation.

Some of my online kinks do bleed over into rl. Hair pulling, dirty talking, the more common kinks are fine. I’m not curious about eating other people or killing them. Just rough, or not so rough, sex is fine with me. Being tied up is not something I’m as into as I once was. I’ve never been with a girl, but I rp characters who have been. Lol. Throat fucking, sorry Bear, is something that I’m okay with. Rimming, for both partners, is fine.

I guess one of the biggest turns on online doesn’t even have anything to do with sex. It’s the build up, the relationship forged by both characters. When it’s right, they grow on you, with you. You feel what they feel. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, but it strikes a nerve within you.

I don't consciously separate them, but I, as someone who adores macro, hyper, futanari, extreme pregnancy etc. can't really look at normal art anymore, but in real life I get along just fine staring at normal-sized pretty women. I really don't know where I separate but for some reason things that I love to write about don't transfer to the real world.

I would like to make an amendment. As I developed some different sexual preferences, I can say that my online kinks are not the same as real life kinks. For example, I adore a boss/secretary relationship but even as a businessman, I would not see myself having affairs with co-workers. My personal principles and constitution would prevent me.

I also like breast foreplay and oral, but I don't see doing that anytime soon with a partner in real life. That's why those gets released in RP. Well, maybe I'm open with breast foreplay in real life, so maybe that's one online kink where it is possible to be manifested real life.

Honestly, I've never had sex I particularly enjoyed, and I'm very bad at kissing, and in all honesty, I'm not particularly rough when I have sex.

Juxtapose that with most of, if not all of, my roleplaying characters being fairly dominant in most things, especially kissing, and they are very very rough when kissing, welllll there you go. I think I have a few kinks I share offline and online but most of them are purely for roleplaying,

For instance, while I like the idea of a bimbo (Big tits, big butt, small brains) in a smut roleplaying scenario, I literally could not date that kind of thing in real life because I'd spend literally all of my time being sarcastic and then having to explain myself because I was being sarcastic. I already do that enough with my grandparents, thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom