Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fur Next Door (Ren Olvry x Frost)

Ren Olvry

Supernova
If nothing else, Jax was quite glad the hard part was over. Sure, it had tacked on a bit of extra expense in the overall move, but compared to the convenience of not having to move any of his furniture himself? Well, if one were to ask him, it was money well spent. Well, as long as they put the furniture where he said he wanted it, at any rate; considering he'd been busy and not been around to oversee it, he'd just have to see for himself today.

Besides, something seemed a bit... fun about the whole thing, sending the movers ahead of time with the furniture and no new neighbor in sight yet. Maybe there were some gossipers around with something to say... he wasn't sure. Either way, this was the first time he was going to see the house, and the neighborhood, in person. Maybe not the best purchasing decision in the world, but he needed a bit of a change, and it was quite a bit closer to his work than his old place anyway, so where was the harm?

So, finally, the mystery new neighbor actually arrived sometime in the afternoon, driving a fairly simple van and dragging behind a moving trailer with all his boxes of stuff inside. Carefully making sure he was parking in a decent spot, the feline stepped out and allowed himself a mild stretch, not minding at all that he was maybe... showing off a little with the way his shirt hung open down the front, showing some lean muscle with the near-black fur as well as hints of the dragon pattern over his heart. Taking a few moments to look around the neighborhood a little, especially at the two houses immediately adjacent to his, he went over to unlock and prop open the door so he could start moving the boxes, paying careful attention in the meantime in case someone came out. Couldn't not greet his new neighbors if they came, after all.

Julianna had been rather interested in whomsoever the new neighbor might be. She'd really only been living on her own for the past year, having finished out her degree before using what was left of her scholarship to put a down payment on a house. It was the house immediately to the right of the house that had been for sale for some time, painted sky blue and with rose bushes flourishing along the front of the house.

She'd never had a new neighbor before -- she'd liked the old lady who had previously lived there, and had been sad when she had finally moved to a retirement home. Julianna still sent letters to the older woman and occasionally some baked goods whenever she had the time.

As the van pulled up in front of the vacated Mrs. Apple's house, Julianna peeked out over her drawing board, situated as such that it was against the front windows. She saw it pull up in front but she couldn't quite see the individual who got out. Well, it was time to go say hello.

The front door swung open, and in a flash of red and blue Julianna swept out onto her front porch. She was wearing a blue sundress that... well. Didn't do THAT much to hide her ample chest, being a strappy and breezy garment. Her red hair was presently bound up in a loose ponytail, and she had a small smile spread across pale lips.

"Hell-oh!" she said, cutting off when she caught sight of her neighbor.

She'd met anthros before, of course, but... she'd always been more of a sheltered sort, so it was really more accurate to say that she had seen them before. Around town. Occasionally at the mall.

Or in her internet search history, not that anyone would ever know.

And he was almost shirtless and--

"Um, hi!" Julianna said as she stepped off of her porch, heading over across her well-manicured lawn to greet Jax.

Starting to sort through some of the boxes, which would have to go where, which ones were labeled and trying to remember what those he'd mistakenly failed to label were... he could honestly say he hated moving sometimes. As soon as this was over, hopefully within the next few hours, he could just be done with it, and relax. Or... well, he couldn't exactly, since he still needed food. And something to drink. Another bit of foolishness he'd pulled, in retrospect.

When he heard a voice a little ways off -- close enough to be an immediate next door neighbor, he figured -- the feline paused, stepping back a little from the back of the moving trailer to turn his pale blue eyes in that direction. "Hey, neighbor! Or... was that a bit too cheesy?" Jax offered in greeting, following it with a little chuckle as he reached up to scratch slightly at the back of his head, unintentionally showing off a bit more of his partially bare chest.

"Anyway, name's Jax. Nice to already meet the new neighbor," the feline more properly introduced himself with a friendly grin. "Don't suppose you'd mind walking and talking a little? I'm actually moving in without knowing much about the area -- I know, I know, dumb plan -- so I could probably use a little help with that, at least if you don't mind being invited into a guy's house before even a first date," he joked, giving an amused little chuckle as he started to lift up one of the heavier boxes that would be going in the kitchen, and he figured would be good to get out of the way ahead of time.

"Oh, and if you're going to... I don't suppose I could trouble you for some sorta drink? Me being the guy that misses a lot of stuff when trying to plan ahead doesn't actually have any food or drink here just yet. And tends to ramble a bit. Sorry in advance if I might be a bit of an... odd neighbor," he requested, an embarrassed grin forming on his face as he took a moment to briefly glance over the redhead that was apparently his new neighbor. His rather attractive new neighbor who he probably wasn't making a great first impression with, that much was certain.

Julianna sidled up to the moving van, cocking one hip against it as she gave her new neighbor a long and... well, frankly slightly shocked look. "You're fine. I think that you're the new neighbor, though. Hi! I'm Julianna. Everyone calls me Juli!" she said with a teasing little quirk of a smile. "I don't mind any," she said as she watched him heft up one of the heavier boxes, watching how his muscles flexed underneath velvety fur--

"Oh, you're fine, you're not that odd. I mean," she said with a slight clearing of the throat. "You just keep getting moved in! I have a big pitcher of lemonade going on next door though... I don't really have any food right now that isn't, um. Fruit and oatmeal," Julianna said. "Kiiinda been slacking on my shopping -- one moment."

She jogged inside, offering a very nice view of a bouncing chest and swaying hips, and she returned just a few minutes later. There was a platter with ap itcher of ice cold lemonade, along with a couple of small glasses alongside it. She kicked on his door frame by way of knocking before she swept in, ferrying him the cold refreshments. "Jax! Here ya go!"

Juli, huh? Well, that was simple enough to remember; thankfully for him, considering he didn't seem to be remembering enough other things that he really should have been. Like any food and drink at all. However many times he went back to that in his head, he could really mentally kick himself for not dropping in a rest stop, or a fast food joint, or... something. Probably just made him look like some sort of fool.

"That sounds good, thanks," Jax replied with a nod and a little grin. Momentarily watching her jog off, and letting his pale blue eyes briefly wander the woman's curves one more time, the feline was quick to mentally kick himself to try and not get too distracted, and actually move with the reasonably heavy box he was carrying. Walking off himself somewhat quickly so he didn't have to hold onto it too long, he was able to gather that and a few other boxes to shove inside in the general room they belonged in (or in some cases, he thought they might belong in), before just stopping when he turned around to the little noise at the door.

"Much appreciated, Juli, thanks!" he spoke, reaching over to at least help place the platter carefully on the countertop. "And glasses, too. Certainly saves me the trouble of scouring through the boxes I have and finding my own," he added with an amused little chuckle. Moving to pour himself a glass, he was just as certain to pour a second glass immediately after, offering that one to his new neighbor before taking a generous sip of his own.

"So how long have you been around here, anyway?" he asked, seeing no harm in pausing his work for now for a bit of a chat with the attractive new neighbor. "And... since you mentioned not really having food, how's a trip to the store a bit later sound? I should only be another hour or so with this stuff, at the latest, and it could help us both out; you show me the way to the nearest shop, and we both get food," he suggested. "That is, if there isn't a potentially jealous husband or boyfriend I should be worrying about? I'm not too willing to believe that someone as pretty as you doesn't have someone," he added with a slight smirk and curious little tilt of his head. If she didn't, though, well... maybe more luck for him...

Back
Top Bottom