Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampire: The Masquerade - Boston by Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary

Staring numbly at her phone noting the date she moved to check the date online disbelieving at first - a week? she lost a week?.

Noting the numbers she was glad Sister Ann was following up, she knew Mary well and would be able to offer guidance - and if Mary was going mad she would make sure she was comfortable somewhere she couldn't hurt anyone.

The other numbers were new and she choose one to dial almost without thinking about it - only to discover that it was the man on the ground's. Examining him closer he seemed dead and removing her fingers she noted the hole a hair pin? she absently considered before the reality of the situation caught up to her.

Her scream was intense as she backed up from the body - someone had killed the man, possible she had done it herself. It was too much for her.

Fleeing the restroom and dialed the police almost babbling "there is a body - and I don't remember, I'm ... wait" flipping open a map app she preceeded to let them know her location, "please I think I have been drugged or was drugged - I have lost a week!" almost sobbing "I don't know what has happened".

The voice of the emergency call operator was calm and collected, almost bored in fact, as though she had seen and heard everything already and nothing no longer surprised her. She gave Mary instructions to stay where she was. After a few basic questions an ambulance was on its way, as were the police.

"What is your name, miss?" She asked.

Mary

She began to calm down, perhaps the womans calm and routine attitude assisted her or maybe she was entering into shock "of course, yes stay and wait" she repeated the instructions "Mary Collins - maam, Sister Mary Collins ... I don't know what is going on or what has happened to me" her voice almost pleading.

Taking out her phone "I have to call the Sister Superior" she began dialing Ann-Maria if anyone could help her she could - she had years ago after all and always been a good friend.

"Mary! Is that you? Where have you been!?" Sister Ann-Maria's voice came in through the device. "We have been so wo..."

And just like that the soothing voice of Mary's friend and mentor was gone, replaced by the calling noises of an old fashioned modem screaming into her ear. Lowering the phone from her ear it seemed like everything was working properly; it was still in a call with Ann-Maria, and the connection was good. Putting the phone to her ear again, she was surprised to find the noise gone, but the voice on the other end was not her friend.

"Hello kitten," a raspy voice greeted her, the sound of a lifetime of heavy drinking and smoking. She thought it sounded like a guy, but it was hard to tell. "Found you," the voice teased, chuckling to itself. "Ok, kitten, introductions will have to wait, since you were stupid enough to call the cops. If you want to get out of this mess, I need you to do what exactly what I say, you got that? No questions, no lollygagging, cause we don't have a lot of time."

The stranger hesitated but for a moment before continuing. "Oh fuck! Are you underground? The subway? Ok, get moving, I will try and steer you clear of the cameras. Stay calm, if you panic people will only start taking notice of you, and trust me, you don't want that little kitten."

Mary

"Sister Ann ... " she called into the phone as the line went bad "Sister?" it was no use, looking at the phone she noted nothing wrong and returned it to her ear "Sis..." but the voice that came back was certaintly not her friend's.

Dammit she thought, someone had hacked her phone - likely her kidnappers. Had that been it was she kidnapped and drugged only to save herself from a ... a handler? or whatever kidnappers called people that transported victims.

Now here was someone trying to direct her back by freaking her out - well she was not doing that at any rate "no" she stated, almost deciding to hang up but perhaps the longer she was on the line the easier her operator might be able to get a location on these people ... she hoped.

Putting her phone on mute so the other side could not hear her she breathed deeply to try and calm her nerves - questions of trust going through her mind. The core one being when the police would get here to help her.

So she waited, letting the mysterious voice talk to the muted device, unknown his words fell on deaf ears.

It would be an agonising five long minutes before help arrived; two uniformed police officers armed with flashlights and guns. She was saved. There was a moment of hesitation when they were face to face, the cops looking positively bewildered. When the spell finally broke she found the gun pointed at her, a blinding light shining in her eyes from the flashlight.

"Fuck! It... its her! Mary Collins, you are under arrest! Get on your knees, hands behind your head!" His voice was shaky, but there were two of them, and the blinding light was making visibility near zero. It was probably best not to antagonize them.

Whether she obeyed or not, she could see the other one kneeling down beside the body, checking it for life with one hand on the neck, feeling for a pulse. "He's dead," he concluded.

Mary

As she put the phone on mute the voice on the other side was cut off did he hangup or had she in the stress of the situation mishandled her phone - still the quite for some minutes gave her time to think, or almost panic caught between staying where she was, trying to call the sister superior and whether she should flee the scene as the mysterious voice indicated ... that last sounded like the worst thing to go when she was more rational, but still it nagged at her.

When she saw the flashlights she breathed a sigh on relief "Hello - here, I'm here" she called to them - only for them to treat her as a criminal. Still she knew that they were just doing there jobs and that it was better to do go with the law rather than panic what might be a new cop into shooting her - raising her hands and trying to kneel dispite the heels making it difficult she tried to keep herself respectable despite the scene, years of practice earlier perhaps being useful to avoid looking ridiculous.

"Officer I don't know what is going on" she let out "I don't remember the last week or anything other than waking up here" her voice almost breaking - she was in no fit state to even remember her muted phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom